PDA

View Full Version : Worse off than us.....

gold-n-rod
11-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I suspect that Donzi folks have it pretty damn good and have many reasons to celebrate Thanksgiving. Others, as we know, don't have it so smooth.

Since our family doesn't get together until Saturday (a new tradition that allows the young-uns to satisfy the in-laws) we did something different today. My wife, son and I volunteered to serve dinner at a local community center.

It's a great reminder that too many people have it so much worse than we do. We saw families with kids, kids by themselves (don't know where the parents were), drunks, the elderly, some homeless guys (toting bags of "extras" to take back to wherever) and many others who sure were greatful for a meal.

What am I thankful for? That I'm not "in their shoes."

Food for thought...........

RedDog
11-28-2008, 08:03 AM
I thought about it but didn't do it. You thought about and did do it!

Good job!

Happy Thanksgiving

gold-n-rod
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I thought about it but didn't do it. You thought about and did do it!

Good job!

Happy Thanksgiving

Back atcha! I live in a fairly large city (115K pop.) and work in the education/human services field. I asked half a dozen people in my network where we could volunteer and only got 1 lead. To be honest, I was surprised how few opportunities existed. My suggestion is to plan ahead; it was harder to volunteer than I expected.

Ghost
11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
A very unselfish thought--thanks for doing that. Regards, -Mike