PDA

View Full Version : lazy P update....

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
We went up to the Lazy P this morning to see how the project is coming after being gone on our roadtrip. Place looks great! Roofs are almost done, windows have been delivered, septic in, 2 1000 gallon propane tank in (I am going to take out a loan to fill them!:wink:) Anyway, should be done in the spring for Buiz to come visit this summer! First 2 pics are the main house, third the gust cabin and fourth the shop and bunkhouse.

Lenny
11-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Very Nice :yes: :yes: :yes:

Send me your email addy and IO will send you a few pics :D

The Hedgehog
11-27-2008, 02:16 PM
We went up to the Lazy P this morning to see how the project is coming after being gone on our roadtrip. Place looks great! Roofs are almost done, windows have been delivered, septic in, 2 1000 gallon propane tank in (I am going to take out a loan to fill them!:wink:) Anyway, should be done in the spring for Buiz to come visit this summer! First 2 pics are the main house, third the gust cabin and fourth the shop and bunkhouse.

Very nice. I look forward to seeing it in person later.

Titan
11-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Thats bueatiful John, how many acres are you sitting on? Looks like you have a few more garage bays for more boats!!!!:yes:

zelatore
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Will they have it closed up before the winter snows start falling? We've already got some snow in the Sierra around 6000+ ft. so I figure you'll be getting it any day if you haven't already.

zelatore
11-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Looking at the shop - how big are your bays? Looks like three with 8' doors? And how much space is in the bunkhouse above it?

About a year ago we bought a little extra land behind our house. We plan to build a 4-car shop/garage eventually (with this economy, maybe 2 years:eek:) and considered just building it up with an apartment above it then moving into the apartment and renting the main house. Heck, we're only here a couple days a week anyway - the main reason we even have a house is for a place to put our stuff, otherwise we could just go back to living aboard full-time (of course I'd have to get a bigger boat again...I'd better stop this line of thought before I start browsing yachtworld)

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Don, the bays for the shop are 40 ft deep. 2 10 ft doors and one small atv/lawn tractor door. The downstairs part of the shop is 1600 sq ft. Bunkhouse is 800 sq ft.

As for building one-go for it! I have big plans for that shop.

Mark, I have 3 acres that back up to 550,000 acres of wilderness area.

need for speed
11-27-2008, 09:28 PM
VERY VERY NICE!!!:popcorn:

BigGrizzly
11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Nice unit. I would hate to clean it. However you are raising a cleaning crew.

onesubdrvr
11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Nice unit. I would hate to clean it. However you are raising a cleaning crew.
The younger cleaning crew isn't all they're cracked up to be (for cleaning) :bonk::boggled: :rolleyes:

But with enough practice, they'll get there ;)

Wayne

txtaz
11-28-2008, 03:13 PM
John, That looks GREAT. Next time we hit Coloroado we'll give you a call.

Da Taz<---Wes and Jen

Team Jefe
11-28-2008, 03:40 PM
John - so that third pic is "Jefe's Hideout" :kingme:

Does it have a decent Kitchen????

roadtrip se
11-28-2008, 07:09 PM
We wanted to do post and beam at our first lake place in Texas, but got scared off by the quotes. Place still turned out great with plenty of native stone and the like, but it was a compromise.

Our place in Michigan is all post and beam with cedar siding. I really appreciate the construction technique, architecture, and the soaring space which is a rarity. I wish we could pick it up and move it to Kentucky.

So what are you utilizing for the exterior coating? We really like the Sikkens system for log homes. Our place looks furniture quality and the woodpeckers seem to leave us alone for the most part....