PDA

View Full Version : New Tow Truck - Yippee!!

Carl C
11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
They're dealin'! I got this beauty for $24,000 tax, title etc. out the door!! It's loaded and has the 5.4 3 valve motor and all towing equipment. Oh yeah, it was built in Dearborn, Michigan! I'll be towing with class now. C'mon spring!

The old truck got wrapped around a tree btw, nobody hurt.

chappy
11-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Very nice Carl. Now's definitely the time to buy if you've got the cash. Good luck with it, and keep it away from the tree that left a scar on the red one.........:kingme:

Carl C
11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks, chappy. It was a scary accident. I hit invisible ice on I-75 and slid into a tree at 70 mph. People were sliding all over the place there! I suggest that someone looking for a truck check out the rural dealers. I got mine in Oscoda and no dealers in metro Detroit could touch the deal.....in fact they said it was impossible. It wasn't impossible. It's sitting in my driveway now. Had 5 miles on the odometer when I got it. Did someone say AOTH?

These pics were taken the next day when we went back to check out the scene with the Mustang.

BUIZILLA
11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
did Sierra Club send you a bill for the tree bark? :eek:

Ed Donnelly
11-26-2008, 05:23 PM
The truck is missing something

Spare tire? Yes
Cruise?? Yes
4Wheel? Yes

AH NOW I KNOW

YELLOW STRIPE You have to do it

I have a red strip on my Ford..........................Ed

DonziJon
11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Is that a Ford Ranger? John

Carl C
11-26-2008, 06:41 PM
The truck is missing something

Spare tire? Yes
Cruise?? Yes
4Wheel? Yes

AH NOW I KNOW

YELLOW STRIPE You have to do it

I have a red strip on my Ford..........................Ed I'm thinking about some magnetic yellow lightning bolts :lightningand a large Donzi logo on the back window. It'll match the boat nice now anyway since the boat is yellow and white. Yes it's 4wd; it's hard to find a 4x2.

onesubdrvr
11-26-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking about some magnetic yellow lightning bolts :lightningand a large Donzi logo on the back window. It'll match the boat nice now anyway since the boat is yellow and white. Yes it's 4wd; it's hard to find a 4x2.

Carl,

If you want a vinyl logo for the back window,...

CLEAN OUT YOUR IN BOX!!

Wayne

Carl C
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Is that a Ford Ranger? John I think it's just a F-150 xlt

Carl,

If you want a vinyl logo for the back window,...

CLEAN OUT YOUR IN BOX!!

Wayne OK

onesubdrvr
11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm thinking about some magnetic yellow lightning bolts :lightningand a large Donzi logo on the back window. It'll match the boat nice now anyway since the boat is yellow and white. Yes it's 4wd; it's hard to find a 4x2.
Which one? lol

Wayne

Carl C
11-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Which one? lol

Wayne I like the first one. Will yellow look OK when not towing the boat? PM sent.

onesubdrvr
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I like the first one. Will yellow look OK when not towing the boat? PM sent.

I think it'll look fine,..... as long as it's big enough, it'll provide enough contrast.

I think the lighter colors look better on tinted windows, but it would be fine.

Wayne

LKSD
11-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Carl, congrats on the new ride.. :) Jamie

glashole
11-27-2008, 01:28 PM
just a thought

I know you would like to match the boat with a yellow graffic on the truck but it would look a lot classier if it were done in a chrome colour

wouldn't take away from the truck

again if it were me I would just do a modest sticker in the corner of the back window

but it is totally up to you

Shea

Carl C
11-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Jamie.

Shea, I tend to agree and won't rush into anything but I think yellow graphics on this truck would only look good while towing the boat:confused:.

Meanwhile i couldn't resist hitching up the boat for a couple pics on this gloomy day.

onesubdrvr
11-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Shea is right,...

chrome, or brushed aluminum always looks classy on the tinted back windows - whether you're towing or not.

Wayne

Carl C
11-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I think white would look OK. I will be in touch soon. Thanks for your generous offer.

DonziJon
11-27-2008, 05:16 PM
That's an EXCELLENT Looking boat Carl. I like the yellow windscreen.....and the Shorty. :cool: John

PS: SNOW..??

Carl C
11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
That's an EXCELLENT Looking boat Carl. I like the yellow windscreen.....and the Shorty. :cool: John

PS: SNOW..?? Thanks John. Yeah we got hit with a few inches already:frown:.

Dr. Dan
11-30-2008, 06:11 AM
:angel:Carl ... congrats it looks clean... I love white ... I have a White 4 Runner...it's Lizzy's Winter Car. A good friend of mine has had nothing but good luck with his F-150. Great Re-Sale also.:salute:

Now you can do Kentucky and Lake George... with all the money you'll be saving on fuel.

I agree with Shea (the unrepentent AOTH Terrorist) less is always more...no offense to the Nascar crowd but I think its tacky and completely Redneck looking to go Nucking Futs with Giant Stickers all over your Truck.

If you're a Pro Poker Runner or Racer in a Class...then thats one thing...but other than that... it looks ridiculous unless you are pulling a 42 MTI on Tilt Trailer to Key West... then all bets are off...but it wouldn't be in an F-150 would it?

Keep it clean and classy.. less is more.

Doc of Unbiased Opinions :lame2:

brwn234
12-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Carl, why dont you put a small yellow pin stripe down the side with maybe a silver one below that. Nothing too big, it gots to be classy. The stripes that are 1/8" or maybe a little less. I'm dying to get rid of my big truck and get something smaller and yes it will be white. And then I'll put a small yellow and purple pin stripe on the side regardless of how rediculous my wife says it is.

Carl C
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm leaning toward a smallish white Donzi logo on the back window. Or maybe nothing. I don't want to add permanent yellow accents to the truck because I don't think it would look good. Meanwhile we have over 6" of fresh snow and I am enjoying my first 4x4!:)

Donziweasel
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Boo Boo loved her F-150. Nice choice. Just remember, 4x4 doesn't help ya stop any faster. Every year tourists from non-snow states come to Jackson and rent a 4x4. They then think they are invincible in the snow, right up till they go sliding through an intersection.

Also, IMHO, yellow on a boat is fine, yellow on a nice new white truck is a little overkill. I am with Dr. Dan, leave it be and enjoy!

Ghost
12-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Just remember, 4x4 doesn't help ya stop any faster. Every year tourists from non-snow states come to Jackson and rent a 4x4. They then think they are invincible in the snow, right up till they go sliding through an intersection.

This is so amazing, but totally true. It's scary how many people don't know that:

4 x 0 = 0

zelatore
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Carl, you could always do something like this-

Carl C
12-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I decided not to put anything on the truck now. It looks good the way it is. Wayne, thanks for the offer.