PDA

View Full Version : Critter Hin....

Donziweasel
11-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Some of you wanted to know the HIN of my Critter. Here you go-

DMR220150579

McGary911
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
You joined the Crit' club??? I must have missed that. Congrats, and welcome to the club. :bighug:

Could someone point me to the original thread so I can see a pic or 2?

chappy
11-26-2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54990

He bought this one. Lucky bastage.:cool:

mike o
11-26-2008, 08:20 AM
B:wink:y the way, congrats...:wink:

McGary911
11-26-2008, 08:47 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54990

He bought this one. Lucky bastage.:cool:

Aha, the Resto-Crit. Cool boat. That one was for sale for a while.

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
VERY cool, this is my kinda Crit...Old School with all the upgrades...I seriously thought about this boat for a while, but decided to consentrate on the one I have and get her back right and proper.

John - good luck with her, I can not wait to get a ride

JeffH
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Glad you found a boat Donziweasel!

JH

BigGrizzly
11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
All I can say is cool. We will talk soon.

Donziweasel
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone. A little more on the Critter. Spoke with Don Tamm last night in length about it. He actually drove it on Tahoe. He said engine was great, but there was a thunk in the drive. Spoke with the owner and any thunk will be taken care of, plus the drive and engine are under warranty. Engine is a 2004 6.2L fuel injected. Merc has a ECM recall. Doesn't really matter as the whipple going on it has it's own ECM. Don said there was a paint blister in the deck, but the owner said it had already been repaired. Guages are Faria, not my first choice.

Big thing is that with the SBC, there is GOBS of room under the hatch. Don said you could put a cooler and plenty of other gear in there. What Classic owner doesn't want more room???????

As for performance, he said he got close to 60 mph at 7000ft. Engine ran great. Whipple should push it over or close to 70 at 7000, at sea level???????

Anyway, planning to pick it up the weekend of the 5th-7th.:wink:

BigGrizzly
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Cool, it is a great boat with kids. since you sit in the back you can see everything that goes on in the boat , no lost kids. Plus all four of you can sit in the back.

Donziweasel
11-26-2008, 05:17 PM
How about 2 48's.:wink:

onesubdrvr
11-26-2008, 05:47 PM
You know something,

Ever since I went and looked at that 18 for you down here, I've been hoping you'd find something that would suit you, and it sound like you've hit this one out of the park!! It'll be great with the kids (and from experience, I'd rather have them in front of me than behind me when "scooting" along), it's a beautiful, rare boat, and is as lucky to have you for an owner as you are lucky to have it as a boat.

Wayne

zelatore
11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
As for performance, he said he got close to 60 mph at 7000ft. Engine ran great. Whipple should push it over or close to 70 at 7000, at sea level???????

60 mph at Tahoe is hauling the mail - you should pick up a good 7-10 mph at sea level. Well, at least you would if you re-propped. I suspect you'll run it right into the limiter as is.

That thing must love the light weight of the small block; that's not far off my 502's speeds.

BTW, if you wanted to see how it runs at sea level the weekend of the 5th-7th, I know a where to find a ramp or three in the delta. It's only a couple hours from Tahoe to Sacramento....

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Wayne, funny thing is that it was right in front of me the whole time! Thanks again for looking at that 18 for me.

Don, we'll see what she does with the blower. Probably going to be a grab and go, but thanks for the offer on the ramps.

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 08:23 AM
McGary, got a pic of yours by any chance???:)

LKSD
11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone. A little more on the Critter. Spoke with Don Tamm last night in length about it. He actually drove it on Tahoe. He said engine was great, but there was a thunk in the drive. Spoke with the owner and any thunk will be taken care of, plus the drive and engine are under warranty. Engine is a 2004 6.2L fuel injected. Merc has a ECM recall. Doesn't really matter as the whipple going on it has it's own ECM. Don said there was a paint blister in the deck, but the owner said it had already been repaired. Guages are Faria, not my first choice.

Big thing is that with the SBC, there is GOBS of room under the hatch. Don said you could put a cooler and plenty of other gear in there. What Classic owner doesn't want more room???????

Whipples dont typically come with thier own ecm on when going on merc stuff. You usually send them in & have them reprogrammed as part of the whipple kit... ;) Jamie

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jamie. I know that Merc has a recall on the 2004 6.2L ECU anyways. Will send to whipple when I get ready for the install. I've heard the install is about a 8-10 hour job. I am sure you can do them faster!:wink: Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

LKSD
11-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jamie. I know that Merc has a recall on the 2004 6.2L ECU anyways. Will send to whipple when I get ready for the install. I've heard the install is about a 8-10 hour job. I am sure you can do them faster!:wink: Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No problemo.. The install really depends on the application and space around what you are working with. It also depends on experience, so times can vary. No matter who does the install I never suggest rushing as it is more important to do quality work & set up.. ;) And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.. :) Jamie

BUIZILLA
11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
DW, I will get some pic's of mine and fuzzy's Critter's tomorrow... they are in the back of the building now, but I am getting both out tomorrow for a shuffle...

Donziweasel
11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks Buiz, can't wait to see them. Since mine has been painted, i am thinking of changing the color down the road. Like to see some other Critters for ideas, plus, I just like looking at Critters.:wink: Have a great Thanksgiving!