PDA

View Full Version : And Now For Something Completely Different!

Dr. Dan
11-25-2008, 05:55 PM
:angel:As part of the charm of almost reaching 50, I am of course looking for new variations of Toys to add to the stable.... I have spent hours discussing the most highly inefficient way to throw my money away with Rooster Boy, Undertaker and a few others on here... so now I am considering on the Boat Side, the following depreciating assets.

I am torn with either busting out of the Donzi Family and going to single 28 Pantera or something, or stay in DONZI IN a Newer 27Zr, or going with Twins in Small Block Form with a 28Zx Scorpion or regular 350 EFI's.

On the completely ridiculous scale...I would consider a Formula or Fountain or Active Thunder or Sunsation with Big Block Power, but I am not ready for that level of commitment.

I am leaning toward a 28 ZX Scorpion or a 27ZR for Donzis,.... primary use would be in our Bay...but I would not rule out the occassional Cross Country Invasion. I really need a bigger boat to challenge the Harley Editions Towing capacity. (I am keeping the 22 Classic)

Thoughts from Trueser and others?:kingme:

Doc of Recovery & Terminal Boredom :wink:

Lenny
11-25-2008, 06:15 PM
:angel: and going to single 28 Pantera :wink:

That would be my choice but I know it makes others upset and cry...

We boated last weekend with a 27 Formula Fastech. Beautiful boat. :yes:

Good luck. (I will be in touch)

BlownCrewCab
11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
If you boat in the ocean or some other rough body of water the 28 Pantera is a heck of a ride. if you do mostly smooth water lakes and rivers I'd opt for something better suited. I don't get it when I see a tripple engine Fountain zooming down the river. The deep V's don't thrive until theres 2-3' chop. I love the pantera's, If I lived back in Miami I'd get one, but for the glass smooth lakes up here it wouldn't be right. My next Boat however WILL Be the Trick Marine 21'Cat (Skater Knock off) I Loved that boat for 20+ years now. for the money it can't be beat.(IMO)

chappy
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Aw heck, it's only a few feet longer..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-DONZI-33-ZX-VERY-NICE-BOAT-12K-BELOW-WHOLESALE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a543Q7c6 6Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp32 86Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem160300162648QQitemZ1603001 62648QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats

and a rather attractive BIN.

boxy
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
:angel: I am torn with either busting out of the Donzi Family and going to single 28 Pantera :kingme:

Doc of Recovery & Terminal Boredom :wink:

Doc, I don't think you can go wrong with a Pantera. Still made by the Nunez family in SoFla. Has that classic feel to it, and it's a wave crusher.

undertaker
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
How about the new Pantera 28SR w/ 525's over on speedwake....nice boat:wink::wink:

Or.....forget the boat buy a CORVETTE:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

Anonymous:pimp::pimp:

BUIZILLA
11-25-2008, 06:42 PM
crawl in the stupid small cabin door 27ZR yet?? check that off the list... :confused:

what's the budget there tea man ? :shades:

then i'll voice my opinion... :wink:

I sent ya an email of something we're quietly playing with..

SilverBack
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I am with BCC with the cat idea...or what I really like is the 28 ZXO. That is a nice boat to play with!!

Trueser
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
You really need to ride in a Scorpion. We had a blast in ours and the best part is the wife wants to get a lifeline so she can go 80. Also the daily fuel average was probably the same as your 22. As far as towing I plan on going to Powell this year. (25 hours each way) I will avoid the mountains this time. Another trip to PK is in the plans also.

I have not seen any come up lately but I will keep looking for you.

You have my number give me a call.

Glad your feeling better :yes:

ZXO scorpion is available close to Tripper....Nice

slapshot11
11-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Doc,
You and I should talk so that we don't get in a bidding war over the same 28' Pantera. :shocking:
I'm still heading in that direction.
Norm

classic_18
11-25-2008, 08:42 PM
How about a pound of crack and a dozen hookers?

Dr. Dan
11-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Doc,
You and I should talk so that we don't get in a bidding war over the same 28' Pantera. :shocking:
I'm still heading in that direction.
Norm

No worries...no bidding war...just checking out some options...we want a boat that will handle the Chesapeake Bay and allow us to head down to a few spots to overnite in if we want...without taking our life in our hands...so its totally a different function than the little 22. I will never sell that... too much fun pissing everyone off.

I really like the lines on the 28 Panteras...and Undertaker is right...the new one heading to Pa. from Miami is cool looking.... (speedwake thread). Maybe I can get some pics its only about 30 miles from my house. Same Dealer I bought the Donzi from actually.

As a practical matter, the Scorpions are really starting to have some appeal...towable, cheap compared to a new ride and roomy enough to do the trick. But...it's early in the process. I like the ZXO's....but a full cabin is inviting. I would go larger but it defeats my whole purpose of what I am after....like Civitano says its such a dramatic cost difference to run and operate the BBC when over 30' it's night and day. Maybe in a few years....but I'm not quite that cool yet. :shades:

There are some deals out there if you are willing to drop over $50,000 there are a ton of options. Looking is the fun part...keep the thoughts coming.

Thanks

Doc of Short Condos on the Water :kingme:

glashole
11-26-2008, 06:13 AM
sportfisherman

a little easier on someone like yourself who isn't quite the spring chicken anymore

gero1
11-26-2008, 06:40 AM
talk to ricky "road trip" bobby if you plan on doing alittle over nighting and are looking for mpg"s. " hey i know it goes 55 cause you have shown me a hundred times, now slow this thing down and let me have a cold drink!"

Cuda
11-26-2008, 06:56 AM
How about a pound of crack and a dozen hookers?

Cheaper to keep than a boat, and less adictive.

Cuda
11-26-2008, 06:58 AM
sportfisherman

a little easier on someone like yourself who isn't quite the spring chicken anymore

Ouch!

FISHIN SUCKS
11-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Hey Doc,

I guess I just can't say enough positive things about the 28zx (just twin 350's), but I LOVE THIS THING:yes:!!! Barbi and I spent a total of 5 nights on her this summer and was totally comfortable. She rides great (the boat:pimp:) and I love playin' with the twins :smileybo:(kinda like a 2 on 1 action). Okay, enough with the perverted stuff. Setting down at the helm feels better than a '57 Buick convertible :drive:(I miss our old Buick). I have pegged low 70's then ran out of lake. Andre's boat from what I understood was around 74._ with the 350's as well. And, of course, everyone knows about Mikey's Scorp, what else can be said:yes:. Last year at AOTH when Mike and Andre blew past me and my single big block heading to Lee's Ford, if you remember, they missed the turn and went a little ways out of there way. When we got back to Jamestown, we all filled up, I took on 42 gallons, those guys took on 35 and 36 gallons. Conclusion: they went farther, faster, for less! This is the 'prius' of boats baby!

I have heard, but cannot say, that the 27zr is not the greatest down below. Pantera's are certainly a fine boat. But the first paragraph shows my vote. Good luck my friend,

tom

mattyboy
11-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Dan,

i vote for a pantera as well , they are great boats and very pratical the little things like cleats and tie off is the right spots nice fit and finish and true deep vee classic lines and great rough water ride , i do like the ride of the zx but i don't like the lines for a short guy they rise in the wrong spots i did not like the visibility or lack there of and i gave up driving a boat sitting on the bronx phone book along time ago, the zr well atleast the 38zr doesn't have that issue but i bet that does effect the cabin room but still has a great ride i have never seen a 27zr in person but the reports i have heard were lack luster, what about a 28 ss or a 27 magnum??

roadtrip se
11-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Work a little less at terminal velocity and drink less fuel doing it.

Twins have more of a chance of getting you home on the big water.

Twins are more fun to drive in stock form getting you up on plane faster and having more power in the mid-range.

Twin Scorpions are over the top. Start boat, idle out, put her up on plane, and feel the smile appear.

A single engine in a 25-30, even if it is painted blue, will have to work too hard. Here, doggie, doggie, doggie.

My vote is for the 28ZX in Scorpion form, followed up by the 350s. Go for a ride with Mike and Tom this spring and
this conversation will be over.

As for Gero, he understands the complete and total comfort of the SS, but this one isn't on your list.

mattyboy
11-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Twins are more fun to drive in stock form getting you up on plane faster and having more power in the mid-range.

Twin Scorpions are over the top. Start boat, idle out, put her up on plane, and feel the smile appear.

A single engine in a 25-30, even if it is painted blue, will have to work too hard. Here, doggie, doggie, doggie.

My vote is for the 28ZX in Scorpion form, followed up by the 350s. Go for a ride with Mike and Tom this spring and

As for Gero, he understands the complete and total comfort of the SS, but this one isn't on your list.

this coming from a guy who just bought a formula ??? :tongue: ;) :)

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 09:18 AM
And here come's Jefe......

So, fish-boat, and not because Shea thinks you're Old (bring that Old Sh!t to AOTH Canada Boy and I show just how well an Old Girl can perform:yes:...but I digress)

Pick and Choose exactly what you want out there right now. Fuel is about the same a twin SBC, or better. Insurance is WAY cheaper, and since you won't be fishing it, you can set it up as a serious party machine....Forget 2 plus 3...how about 2 plus 6 or 8. At the Destin Rally, I had about 30 people onboard when Randy and I were testing props.

AND you have a source of shade that does not get you ridiculed like the "Bimini" Classic and ZX guys.

29 or 32 ZFC would fit the bill. Really only two drawbacks. Cabin room is minimal and sparse, and the speed will be limited to around 60 +/- in most cases.

Dr. Dan
11-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I love Fish Boats and one of my best friends had a Hatteras and a Viking Sport Fish...they were awesome and a blast and way out of my operational budget...let alone aquisition budget.:tase:

Fish boat wouldn't provide enough Cabin...and thats a factor. I love the ZXO's but I really want a cabin also.... so I am gonna quitely look...I am gonna check out some other brands including the Pantera when it comes to town...if Donzi would pay attention they could retool the 27 an capture some Classic Upgrade sales.:doh:

As for Todds SS, they rock...my same pal had a 34 PC before the big boats...we had a blast on it...like young idiots. How we survived I will never know.

I will keep the Scorpion on the top of the list...now I just have to find a clean one...

Doc of Unbranded Boat Searches :spongebob:

Z-Man
11-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Having been in both a 28zx and 27zr the ZX is far superior in usable space.

I would vote for the the ZX with either motor set up. The scorps are a nice upgrade to the package. Thanks again Trueser I had a blast!

Happy Hunting!

BigGrizzly
11-26-2008, 10:37 AM
With keeping the 22, I would go with the ZX and Scorpion package. Two get you home if one has an issue. One fact is twins handle better in the rough. This is your nice mannered boat.

Lenny
11-26-2008, 11:08 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

2000 28 Pantera, minimal graphics, new Myco trailer, 2-HP500's, for $50G

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2000-PANTERA-28-91799687

BUIZILLA
11-26-2008, 11:19 AM
are you man enough...

OffshoreOnly Classifieds - Boat Classifieds - Boat Parts - (http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/mint_condition_1999_28_savage-o26330-en.html)

VetteLT193
11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
There is nothing like twin engines and a decent interior (with AC). In FL you'll find that after a while instead of just running around, or running to your favorite place down the waterway, that you are running to the Bahamas for lunch and maybe even an overnight trip for dinner too.

In your neck of the woods there has to be places that are farther away that twins would warrant...

boxy
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

2000 28 Pantera, minimal graphics, new Myco trailer, 2-HP500's, for $50G

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2000-PANTERA-28-91799687

are you man enough...

OffshoreOnly Classifieds - Boat Classifieds - Boat Parts - (http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/mint_condition_1999_28_savage-o26330-en.html)

and there you go ......
We can spend somebody else's money quicker than Shea grabbing the last beer.

I still like the 28 Pantera.

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Doc would have to take some serious ribbing from the RED BOAT MAFIA

roadtrip se
11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
this coming from a guy who just bought a formula ??? :tongue: ;) :)

Changing my handle to "Fast Eddie, Junior". He did have a part in the Formula decision, after giving me a great ride on the 33SS at Lake Geo.
But Buiz was the one that pushed us over the edge...

BUT, there is still a Donzi in the store-in-lock so the man card stays.

slapshot11
11-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Doc,
Check this out:

http://www.doublerperformance.com/gallery/index.php?cat=46

Norm

Ed Donnelly
11-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Doc; That is Canadian as they are north of Orillia.

Deduct another 20% for the exchange..

Let us know when you come up to get her, and all the TO area
OLD men will meet you..

Pick it up in the spring, and we will keep you company as you break it in...Ed

Lenny
11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Doc,
Check this out:

http://www.doublerperformance.com/gallery/index.php?cat=46

Norm

A single 496 MAG in a 29' boat would scare me a bit...

Dr. Dan
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM
:angel:I was on the phone all afternoon, making arrangements to go look at some options in the next week or two... I will keep you posted...

I am getting excited though... Liz wants a Bigger Boat... so WTF... as long as some of these are as clean as they look... I will bring one home.

Early Christmas maybe.... :wavey:

I promise to give rides...everything I am looking at goes over 80 mph if thats any clue. Might be a fun Poker Run Season, expensive...but fun.

Doc of Perverted Aquisitions :beer:

undertaker
11-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Please don't mention ribs around Doc at the moment... :eek: :eek::nilly:

:biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

The Hedgehog
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM

Tex's single did not seem to be working too hard when we were passing cars on the interstate at over 80 and it's blue.:shocking:

Mine of course is Red. The Red Mafia is coming back. You can run along at 75 then put the hammer down and smiles will appear.

I am in with MJW's comment on the Pantera and rough water.

Be very weary of the Red Mafia. It's catching. Keith (Silverback) will be a Made Man soon.:shark:

Last Real Texan
11-26-2008, 08:16 PM
this is getting very interesting.....not really sure what to say about the BLUE thing but I have a blue boat, a blue motor and well I prefer the color....well who cares but ....better watch it, the single mafia thing is gaining strength and it will have a strong showing this spring, so bring all your twin 350's or 377's, 383's and I will give rides to anyone willing. Bet the big single puts a lot bigger smile on your face then a twin 350, 377,383.....SB boats any day of the week, so there is my two cents and I'll see ya there.:popcorn:

In the high HP single world we call it perm:)a:)grin...

Tex

Dr. Dan
11-26-2008, 08:29 PM
:spongebob:Yep ... well in the Blue Single World... last Awakening I remember El Jefe' and I shattering the dreams of one large Fountain owner... we even had Trueser as witnesses..

It was really a fun ride... unplanned... but hey ya gotta hold up the Donzi honor...right?

Doc of Unmade Men & Transexual Jack Rabbits:beer:

SilverBack
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Tex's single did not seem to be working too hard when we were passing cars on the interstate at over 80 and it's blue.:shocking:

Mine of course is Red. The Red Mafia is coming back. You can run along at 75 then put the hammer down and smiles will appear.

I am in with MJW's comment on the Pantera and rough water.

Be very weary of the Red Mafia. It's catching. Keith (Silverback) will be a Made Man soon.:shark:

this is getting very interesting.....not really sure what to say about the BLUE thing but I have a blue boat, a blue motor and well I prefer the color....well who cares but ....better watch it, the single mafia thing is gaining strength and it will have a strong showing this spring, so bring all your twin 350's or 377's, 383's and I will give rides to anyone willing. Bet the big single puts a lot bigger smile on your face then a twin 350, 377,383.....SB boats any day of the week, so there is my two cents and I'll see ya there.:popcorn:

In the high HP single world we call it perm:)a:)grin...

Tex

I like RED!!! I just can't understand this picking on Big MEAN 25-28 single boat thing!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:It is like picking on a big ole PIT BULL or SILVERBACK even...it just does not make sense????:confused::confused::confused::confused: Road TRIP SE...It is on!! Get your twins and grab your balls....IT is a Single ZX world!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::shark:

Where is that stir stick LRT???

The Hedgehog
11-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I like RED!!! I just can't understand this picking on Big MEAN 25-28 single boat thing!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:It is like picking on a big ole PIT BULL or SILVERBACK even...it just does not make sense????:confused::confused::confused::confused: Road TRIP SE...It is on!! Get your twins and grab your balls....IT is a Single ZX world!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::shark:

Where is that stir stick LRT???

Priceless.

mattyboy
11-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Changing my handle to "Fast Eddie, Junior". He did have a part in the Formula decision, after giving me a great ride on the 33SS at Lake Geo.
But Buiz was the one that pushed us over the edge...

BUT, there is still a Donzi in the store-in-lock so the man card stays.

Todd i hope you know i was kidding on that, the formula is a nice mix of both worlds

a quick story a few years back at the dustoff, the club always takes care of the dock kids at the algonguin and we give them the word all the donzi classics get the best spots and we want them together so people can look at them and they always oblige us and do a great job.
well this one year Fasteddie and his lovely wife Augusta pull in the formula a few minutes late and the docks are almost full and other boats are waiting to dock as well, so I say to the head dock kid " see the big white formula he needs to be put in with the Donzi's right away see if you can help out and i slipped him a few bucks, the kid looks at me and says but it's a formula, I said I know but the driver is our EX president, the kid looks at me and says he bought a formula and you fired him??? I said of course with my tongue in cheek, the kid answers yes SIR right away SIR !!!!!!! ;)

sorry didn't mean to hijack Dan's thread, but dem da berries :tongue:

now that i think of it i did see a fastec at the NY show last year a 27 or 29 i can't remember that was way over the top

Matty

pre med pre law with a sub minor in gratuities and bustin balls

roadtrip se
11-27-2008, 08:23 AM
for the laugh Matty, this early Thanksgiving morn. Never took ya seriously, but some folks keep asking if we have left the fold, so I have to set the record straight.

Now, as for the single engine goons, please comb the hair back down on your collective backs and settle down. The only twin engine boat I own now is going to get smacked by everybody at AOTH, but I'll be eating finger sandwiches and enjoying the company of ALL of your ladies, while you run around with your hair on fire and a chip on the shoulder.

In STOCK form, that would be STOCK form, as IN STOCK FORM, and let me repeat, that would be IN STOCK FORM, I recommend a double config to my friend the Dr. D.

chappy
11-27-2008, 08:28 AM
for the laugh Matty, this early Thanksgiving morn. Never took ya seriously, but some folks keep asking if we have left the fold, so I have to set the record straight.

Now, as for the single engine goons, please comb the hair back down on your collective backs and settle down. The only twin engine boat I own now is going to get smacked by everybody at AOTH, but I'll be eating finger sandwiches and enjoying the company of ALL of your ladies, while you run around with your hair on fire and a chip on the shoulder.

In STOCK form, that would be STOCK form, as IN STOCK FORM, and let me repeat, that would be IN STOCK FORM, I recommend a double config to my friend the Dr. D.

That right there broke two of my ribs.:rofl:

Last Real Texan
11-27-2008, 08:33 AM

Lighten up Francis....

I agree in STOCK form, you are correct, but what fun is stock? and stock is a relative term.

Dr. Dan Look forward to the new boat and a small twin should be a lot of fun...just remember the golden rule of it all. How long are you going to be satisfied with stock power? and stock power speeds, remember this hobby is an addiction and you always have to feed it. It is going to cost a lot to upgrade 2 motors versus one.

now if you will exscuse me I have to go light my hair on fire:kaioken:

Tex

Tex

Lenny
11-27-2008, 08:41 AM
...played with us last weekend jere in the Gulf Islands. VERY nice boat :yes:

BUIZILLA
11-27-2008, 08:48 AM
I agree in STOCK form, you are correct, but what fun is stock? and stock is a relative term. set up correctly, a pair of stock twins will outrun virtually any steroid singles... no matter how good the drugs... Danny is listening to good advice...

:popcorn:

requirements:

twins
100% stock
87 octane
90+ mph
ext steering
seats 6
trailer
overnighter
sit down bolsters
turn key
pee deck

I think he's got it covered... :wink:

glashole
11-27-2008, 08:57 AM
set up correctly, a pair of stock twins will outrun virtually any steroid singles... no matter how good the drugs... Danny is listening to good advice...

requirements:

twins
100% stock
87 octane
90+ mph
ext steering
seats 6
trailer
overnighter
sit down bolsters
turn key
pee deck

flybridge

BUIZILLA
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
I keep staring at this for some stupid reason... :nilly: :cool:

2000 Pantera Center Console For Sale In HOLLYWOOD, FL: Center Console - BoatTrader.com (http://www.boattrader.com/listing/-2000-PANTERA-Center%20Console-93871508)

Lenny
11-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I keep staring at this for some stupid reason... :nilly: :cool:

2000 Pantera Center Console For Sale In HOLLYWOOD, FL: Center Console - BoatTrader.com (http://www.boattrader.com/listing/-2000-PANTERA-Center%20Console-93871508)

I have looked that (online) many times Jim. It has been around for a while. Wouldn't THAT be fun at the Worlds sitting in turn one. :yes: :D

The Hedgehog
11-27-2008, 09:16 AM
set up correctly, a pair of stock twins will outrun virtually any steroid singles... no matter how good the drugs... Danny is listening to good advice...

requirements:

twins
100% stock
87 octane
90+ mph
ext steering
seats 6
trailer
overnighter
sit down bolsters
turn key
pee deck

Pantera shoehorns twin big blocks in their 28. I have seen one with 500hp's. I think it runs high 80's to low 90's. It should be a bullet proof boat that will run in rough water. I would think long and hard about that one.

BUIZILLA
11-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Len... that thing has my name all_over_it.... :cool:

wanna buy the Critter next? :wink:

Lenny
11-27-2008, 10:01 AM
wanna buy the Critter next? :wink:

...maybe... :) I don't remember. Was the Critter a TRS or Bravo boat? Shoot me some pics when you get a chance... I haven't been in that thing in 4 years...

FISHIN SUCKS
11-27-2008, 10:11 AM
but I'll be eating finger sandwiches and

.......and sitting on a throne of boys!!! You'll probably have your stereo turned up to Spandeau Ballet or Wham! You don't deserve a 'stripper pole'...eating finger sandwiches....I can even see it too!

*****Hi-jack over*****

Doc, this may not make a hill of beans to you, but I think one of the things I like about the ZX is the 'round' instead of the 'points' and 'square' lines of all the other boats. You can make anything go fast, but do you wanna float in a Baja look alike or in a Donzi stand alone. Good luck in your endeavors

BUIZILLA
11-27-2008, 10:23 AM
original TRS drive and tranny, rebuilt by TNT, stockish 454 crater... probably the most original Critter left..

Dr. Dan
11-27-2008, 10:49 AM
:angel:I think Jimmy about summed it up, :spongebob:I got an email from the manufacture this morning beleive it or not and he gave me the boats History...other than some normal routine maintenance, no surprises...if the Sea Trail and the Compression and Leak downs go well it will be a done deal.

I can assure everyone here that although its not a Donzi, its nothing to be embarrased about owning... lets see how things play out... I can't fly to see it for a week or so. Good thing is it has a New Aluminum Trailer with Disc Brakes on each wheel.:beer:

Gonna use it for everything the little 22 shouldn't handle, like Big Boy Poker Runs, Overnites and some random Bow Bunny Sunbathing.:angel:

Its not a Vette or a Shelby, but its gonna have the Torque to feel like one.

Doc of Potential Transcontinental Aquisitions :wavey:

Dr. Dan
11-27-2008, 10:57 AM

:beer:I think the Twin part will be more than supported by this possible new stable mate.... not that I would be invited to Kentucky with it...but it will tame most(wave conditions) of what I deal with over here on the Chesapeake Bay. Lets just say if it goes down I will have Triplets of the Evil Twin variety? :doh:

And they're stock ... as in really stock like sealed motor stock... I'll keep ya post Rooster Boy... oh and this one does not have an OMC Drives.

Doc of Phantom Cats :clap:

MDonziM
11-27-2008, 08:03 PM
So Doc, I missed it, which boat are you considering? I like the pantera, reminds me of the old 27 magnum sport with a little more freeboard.
Glad to see you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving- mm

HIGH LIFE
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Dr. Dan, I just did the opposite. Have a 27 MAGNUM Sedan W/ twin 300 Pro Max's, just bought a 16' Donzi o/b,w/200 h.p. Mariner. I run in the ocean near Boston, Ma. but have some small bays and rivers near by for the Donzi. Good luck with your new purchase!!! HIGH LIFE

BUIZILLA
11-28-2008, 08:28 AM
HIGH LIFE...

at this point pic's are REQUIRED of the OB Magnum... :cool:

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 09:56 AM
So Doc, I missed it, which boat are you considering? I like the pantera, reminds me of the old 27 magnum sport with a little more freeboard.
Glad to see you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving- mm:angel:

:wink:I like the Pantera too for the same reason, I looked at a 28SS a few years back and the Helm Box is really similar to the Cig layout. The Panteras are 5200 with a single BBC so the one I am looking at is about 6200 lbs and change.

The lighter weight makes it attractive compared to some of the alternatives mentioned here, but we'll see how it goes. If its meant to be it will all come together, you know how these things go.

But it would be a great boat for what I am after personally.... it would allow me to take friends and visitors on Bay Tours, Poker Runs without the stains on the seats like in the 22 Classic.

Wish me luck!:spongebob:

Doc of the Bay :drive:

HIGH LIFE
11-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Buizilla, I need help posting pictures ! I was able to do it with the help of a friend on OSO go to Classic Offshore- Old School Rides- page 31-post 612. These pictures show most of the boats I have owned, the best being the white MAGNUM w/O/B wave crusher and light weight w/o/b at 460# ea. less the 164 gal gas capicity! Boat needs new paint and interior ( was thinking of moving back seat to transom ) always a project!!! HIGH LIFE

Trueser
11-28-2008, 10:55 AM
:angel:

:wink:I like the Pantera too for the same reason, I looked at a 28SS a few years back and the Helm Box is really similar to the Cig layout. The Panteras are 5200 with a single BBC so the one I am looking at is about 6200 lbs and change.

The lighter weight makes it attractive compared to some of the alternatives mentioned here, but we'll see how it goes. If its meant to be it will all come together, you know how these things go.

But it would be a great boat for what I am after personally.... it would allow me to take friends and visitors on Bay Tours, Poker Runs without the stains on the seats like in the 22 Classic.

Wish me luck!:spongebob:

Doc of the Bay :drive:

28ZX is 6500 lbs dry

boxy
11-28-2008, 01:06 PM
HIGH LIFE...

at this point pic's are REQUIRED of the OB Magnum... :cool:

Jim, this isn't High Life's, but this Magnum OB was poking around the last 2 1000 Islands Poker run.

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
:spongebob:Well I can't remember the last time I read or have received such impressive response from a Manufacturer of a any product or service while I was only inquiring about a used product sold over 8 years ago? Today I got home to more pics and questions answered by the Owners Son of the Boat Manufacturer? :thewave:

When is the last time Donzi or any Boat company took the time on a Holiday Weekend to email someone elses customer to provide accurate historical info. on a used boat? That they have no stake in making any profit or angle of money on other than a sense in pride in providing good customer service, pride in what their product represents.:clap:

Even if this deal goes T*Ts Up, I may order a new ride from this company and have it built to my specs... and I am considering selling the 22 now because I think for 8 years I have looked through Rose Colored Donzi Glasses...and guess what... my vision has been less than 20:20.

So stay tuned...this station may be changing tunes altogether.:doh:

Doc of Brand Awareness :thumbsup:

Lenny
11-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes, the "P" people are quite something :yes:

BUIZILLA
11-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Even if this deal goes T*Ts Up, I may order a new ride from this company and have it built to my specs... my dad's shop property butt's directly against their building, I go by there every single day.... it's about a mile from my desk... i'm a good babysitter... :cool:

Greg K
11-28-2008, 10:12 PM
let me edit it this then...
Would these be the twins you can't wait to to fly cross country for?

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Would these be the twins you can't find the time to fly cross country?

Buizilla:
I will keep that in mind... could come in handy one way or the other.

Greg:
Who said I can't find the time? I pm'd you.... I'll be around Saturday if your bored...my number is the same.

Haven't chatted in awhile.

Doc of Maybe :wink:

Air 22
11-28-2008, 11:21 PM
my dad's shop property butt's directly against their building, I go by there every single day.... it's about a mile from my desk... i'm a good babysitter... :cool:

I've been to your desk....:pimp:

BUIZILLA
11-29-2008, 06:25 AM
I've been to your desk....:pimp:and you missed my tip bucket.. :nilly: :)

Lenny
11-29-2008, 10:21 AM
and you missed my tip bucket.. :nilly: :)

I threw some in but only your staff was around. Maybe they went out for lunch on it...

;)

Greg Guimond
11-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Doc,
Given your planned usage, you may also want to consider Hallett 240-S, Cole 250, and the older Warlock which had a 27 Offshore in the mid 90's.
Good Luck!

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 10:46 AM
:wink:Greg - Thanks for the other model suggestions.. I am pretty settled on a Donzi or a Pantera.

It's a whole other world than what I am used to, but we'll see... if its meant to be it will all work out if not...I will have to be happy with a slow 22 Classic.

Doc of the Bay :angel:

Lenny
11-29-2008, 10:48 AM
This should help tide you over for a bit Dr...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs

:D

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 10:54 AM
This should help tide you over for a bit Dr...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs

Thanks Lenny - If this works out, I am gonna owe you Gifts and Prizes anyway... if it doesn't I'll send you a bill! :kingme:

Doc Of Wannabe Dual Boat Ownership :angel:

Lenny
11-29-2008, 11:01 AM
10 pages of history is sure fun to read. :)

http://www.panteraboats.com/history.html

roadtrip se
11-29-2008, 11:53 AM
When I saw the “rose-colored glasses” comment last night, my first reaction wasn’t great. I simply took it the wrong way, thinking that you were speaking of the people in a negative way, but after sleeping on it… it really is the people that make the boats look good, always has been for me.

I have had several boats that could outperform and were built better than the Donzi. When I talk to people outside of the boating world about the hobby, they are always a little taken aback, thinking, “Is that it?” when they see one of the things for the first time. I always describe the community that surrounds Donzi and frankly, it isn’t the boat and it certainly isn’t the company, from my view.

I just went through the “other” boat search. Some folks tried to push me towards the bigger Donzis, we looked at them, but we already have been down the bigger-faster go-fast road before. The SS fits the bill for us.

The Donzi boats and this board got me to AOTH1 at Lake Cumberland. Since then, it has been the event itself and the people that attend it that has kept us coming back. Dan, you could buy a 2x4 with a 2.5 Johnson strapped to the back and run with us at AOTH9 if you wanted to.

Just show up.

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 12:19 PM
When I saw the “rose-colored glasses” comment last night, my first reaction wasn’t great. I simply took it the wrong way, thinking that you were speaking of the people in a negative way, but after sleeping on it… it really is the people that make the boats look good, always has been for me.

I have had several boats that could outperform and were built better than the Donzi. When I talk to people outside of the boating world about the hobby, they are always a little taken aback, thinking, “Is that it?” when they see one of the things for the first time. I always describe the community that surrounds Donzi and frankly, it isn’t the boat and it certainly isn’t the company, from my view.

I just went through the “other” boat search. Some folks tried to push me towards the bigger Donzis, we looked at them, but we already have been down the bigger-faster go-fast road before. The SS fits the bill for us.

The Donzi boats and this board got me to AOTH1 at Lake Cumberland. Since then, it has been the event itself and the people that attend it that has kept us coming back. Dan, you could buy a 2x4 with a 2.5 Johnson strapped to the back and run with us at AOTH9 if you wanted to.

Just show up.

Ahhh Todd .... Y a know I love ya man and I am always at such a loss for words... listen I love my 22 as much as the next guy... in some respects maybe more or too much.... my point on the Rose Colored Glasses is that unlike you...the 22 was and is our 1st Boat...I only know what I know... I love the Registry and the People at the Donzi Events or I wouldn't have spent $20,000 in Mechandise in 2008 alone to raise money for their Events... (lost a bit o money there).... but how cool is it that anyone... from any manufacture... takes the time to coorespond to you over a Holiday Weekend?

Relax... drink some more of that Scotch ya talked me out of...and chill dude.. I am still planing on being a PIA at Donzi Events.

I'm just looking for a bit more - when I'm not there. Not trying to piss anyone off... or pee in their Alphabits... so lets all take a breath... and go take a Nap... maybe chew on some used Turkey Parts.

It's All Good.

Doc of Rancid Roosters :shades:

roadtrip se
11-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Relax... drink some more of that Scotch ya talked me out of...and chill dude.. I am still planing on being a PIA at Donzi Events.

I'm just looking for a bit more - when I'm not there. Not trying to piss anyone off... or pee in their Alphabits... so lets all take a breath... and go take a Nap... maybe chew on some used Turkey Parts.

It's All Good.

Doc of Rancid Roosters :shades:

Sorry, that stuff is for the Wall Street types along with imported beer. In Kentucky, we drink whiskey off of the Bourbon Trail. Preferably, something of the Single Barrel variety or maybe even bottled in a barrel proof for those who are brave.

Woodford Reserve, the one you procured for me, and as of late, a little Ridgemeont Reserve aka 1792. I recommend both very highly as great American sipping whiskeys.

As for the pissed off part,together with turkey jerkey mixed in with fresh tofu, no, not really. Only advice I can offer is the same advice I always offer, drive it first and survey it second. That way you do have something more than the 2x4 worth driving for rally season this upcoming year.

RR

BUIZILLA
11-29-2008, 02:23 PM
a bottle of Jack and 32 500EFI Isky valve springs is a good afternoon's work... :kingme:

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry, that stuff is for the Wall Street types along with imported beer. In Kentucky, we drink whiskey off of the Bourbon Trail. Preferably, something of the Single Barrel variety or maybe even bottled in a barrel proof for those who are brave.

Woodford Reserve, the one you procured for me, and as of late, a little Ridgemeont Reserve aka 1792. I recommend both very highly as great American sipping whiskeys.

As for the pissed off part,together with turkey jerkey mixed in with fresh tofu, no, not really. Only advice I can offer is the same advice I always offer, drive it first and survey it second. That way you do have something more than the 2x4 worth driving for rally season this upcoming year.

RR

:worthy:I am making arrangements to go see it...my House Nazi will not let me even book a Flight until I clear it with the Doc's, so its a bit nutty...right now. Then I have to find a reliable Surveyor in the area, than if all goes according to Hoyle...I get to figure out transporting this puppy to its new home port...I figure I will have almost $5k into it, before it even hits my property.

Gotta Love It...

I think this purchase could make me start with some of that Sipping Whiskey?

Doc of Dementia :wavey:

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
a bottle of Jack and 32 500EFI Isky valve springs is a good afternoon's work... :kingme:

Jim what do you think on average a "Standard" no major surprise Valve Job or Freshening of the HP's normally would run? Like a range...$1500 a Motor, $2500? More? :screwy: I have no clue...just trying to plan my new Christmas list.

What is standard mechanical replacement for refreshing an HP500 EFI - other than the valves springs we always hear about?

Doc of Wallets with a Hematoma :doh:

BUIZILLA
11-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Danny, my personal opinion is get a local mechanical survey of compression and vitals.... get it back home and to a good local mekanick... do the springs and regular other services, shouldn't be much at all $$$ wise, i's say $1500 parts and labor both engines... run the boat for a season or 2, make sure it's really the long haul boat for you and the missus, then evaluate anything else down the line... :shark:

Lenny
11-29-2008, 02:56 PM
:worthy:I figure I will have almost $5k into it, before it even hits my property.

:wavey:

Been there, done that more than once :rolleyes:

Even left one behind (1969 SKi Sporter, original owner) ONCE... ;)

fasttrucker
11-29-2008, 03:12 PM
crawl in the stupid small cabin door 27ZR yet?? check that off the list... :confused:

what's the budget there tea man ? :shades:

then i'll voice my opinion... :wink:

I sent ya an email of something we're quietly playing with..

That small door/low deck is a lot bigger then what my 22zx has.:shades:

fasttrucker
11-29-2008, 03:21 PM

requirements:

twins
100% stock
87 octane
90+ mph
ext steering
seats 6
trailer
overnighter
sit down bolsters
turn key
pee deck

My old 1998 28zx with the single 600hp+ was faster then the stock twin 28zx with twins.Ive proved that over and over and over..............

fasttrucker
11-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Dan,do you know cory?"RAW DEAL"(the boat had a damaged bottom from the factory)Fixed.Hes got his 1998 28zx for sale at a good price.check offshore only listings.new twins(he blew up his old motors),headers, k-planes.Ive been in his boat.He wants to buy an open fisherman.:pizza:

Air 22
11-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Doc...she is Puurrrrrrdy:wink:....whats the go go juice tank hold?:eek:
We have Jet Fuel Cards on our Jets...:kingme:....now you can have one with your new toy...:pimp::wink:

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Doc...she is Puurrrrrrdy:wink:....whats the go go juice tank hold?:eek:
We have Jet Fuel Cards on our Jets...:kingme:....now you can have one with your new toy...:pimp::wink:

:wink:140 Gallons in Pleasure Version, mid 90's in the Race Version...this one is 140 as far as I know.

:shades:

Bill: I remember Cory from the Jackson Poker Runs... if thats the same person... younger guy....nice though. Appreciate the lead... maybe after this one is all chased out I will check into it if I don't buy it.

Thanks

Doc of Massive Boating Research :wavey:

Dr. Dan
11-30-2008, 05:56 AM
You REALLY want to think long n hard about BB's in a 28' narrow beam boat.. Buzz me tomorrow please, I hate calling ya and waking you from your tofu induced nappy's :D :D :D

OK I will call you after 11:00 am EST...and you can talk some sense into me...then I can go buy that Practical Bayliner I always wanted that has lots of space around the BBC's.

Talk Soon

Anonymous Tofu Consumer:shades:

gero1
11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
you should get the 36' patrol, twin 50 cal's. after all if your gonna spend YOUR money, you should get us what we want!!! black with alittle gold and red thank you very much sir.

Air 22
11-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Doc's new toy...could this be it???:eek: he really is stepping it up with the optional 525...:cool:
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/Video/southbay/ActionVideo.html

bob haver
11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Doc's new toy...could this be it???:eek: he really is stepping it up with the optional 525...:cool:
that is freaking hilarous:boat:bravo 2 lmao, the fall picnic can be done in one trip.i wonder if he can cook the hp 500 burgers and keep his hat on at 80 mph:lightning:kingme::bonk::yes:

mattyboy
11-30-2008, 12:31 PM
just think of the degrading humilation of being spanked in your classic by a floating recyled beer can decorated like a livingroom
:eek:

Dr. Dan
11-30-2008, 01:02 PM
:shades:There was one with a 496 at the lunch stop at AOTH last year...it was cool...pretty well appointed if I remember...went low 60's.

Anything is possible.

Doc of Random V-8's :wink:

Air 22
11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
:shocking::shocking:Anything with a Stripper Pole works:shocking::shocking: : and Tunes....:smileybo::rock: :yes::pimp:

roadtrip se
11-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Did you see the rooster on that thing? We can handle the pole rigging...

fast fun 2
11-30-2008, 06:26 PM
If it helps, i ran a 28 Pantera with twin 496s. Nice running boat wasnt very rough (2-3s). It has tabs for a reason though, thats a lot of weight back there and they are needed for level flight and a no pourpise ride. Great running boat though.:cool:

DonziFreak
11-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I saw a 28 Pantera break in half with my father still in it, so, I know some people are gonna have my a$$ for this, but I don't think I'll ever get into a Pantera myself...

Dr. Dan
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
:angel:Fast You Have a pm.

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I've got my eyes on you focker!!! sorry but a 27zr in any graphic package i have seen can't hold a candle to a panter a 28

BUIZILLA
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
yeah, and the Pantera actually has a door you can fit through,,, :nilly:

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah, and the Pantera actually has a door you can fit through,,, :nilly:

you mean "you" can fit thru i am short not tall like you guys now width is a hole notha story when it comes to my fat azz

Last Real Texan
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Jim what do you think on average a "Standard" no major surprise Valve Job or Freshening of the HP's normally would run? Like a range...$1500 a Motor, $2500? More? :screwy: I have no clue...just trying to plan my new Christmas list.
What is standard mechanical replacement for refreshing an HP500 EFI - other than the valves springs we always hear about?
Doc of Wallets with a Hematoma :doh:

To freshen a 500 EFI assuming nothing is busted....just the usual refresh stuff, Bearings, rings, hone block, valve job , new springs, new lifters, gaskets, etc..etc... R and R motor , labor for freshening, all in all you can figure on $ 5000- $ 7500 by a good reliable marine shop. No it is not cheap but for example when you get done with it, good as new. I know Mark 2 Precision charges appx $ 7500 to frshen up a 500 EFI...he makes it better than new.

Take it for what you want, food for thought. Twin ownership in the blue motor category is not cheap, nor for any other black motor...twins cost.

Tex

Tex

gold-n-rod
12-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Twin ownership in the blue motor category is not cheap, nor for any other black motor...twins cost.
Yes, they do!
http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0508/imgs/050816_wrigley.jpg

Dr. Dan
12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
When I was younger I used to date some Twins... at the time I thought I was in heaven...but then I digress. :screwy:

We are talking V-8's not endowed assets...although that does have a nice sound to it? Hmmm? :pimptwo:

Today it would bankrupt me...:doh:

Doc of Depreciating Assets :spongebob:

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
twins are definetly a big advantage around the docks, one can handle the bow line and one can handle the stern line :pimptwo::smileybo::smileybo:

The Hedgehog
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Yes, they do!
http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0508/imgs/050816_wrigley.jpg

Delicious:pimp:

fast fun 2
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
When I was younger I used to date some Twins... at the time I thought I was in heaven...but then I digress. :screwy:

We are talking V-8's not endowed assets...although that does have a nice sound to it? Hmmm? :pimptwo:

Today it would bankrupt me...:doh:

Doc of Depreciating Assets :spongebob:
Did you get my PM?

Air 22
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Delicious:pimp:
It seems our Former President Clinton likes those Twin's too...I can only imagine his thoughts at that moment..look at his grin...:biggrin.::biggrin.::yes::yes::kingme:

The Hedgehog
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
He's wondering what the dry cleaning bill is going to run...

LMAO!!! That is great.

Dr. Dan
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Did you get my PM?

Yes

Thanks....

Dr. Dan
12-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Large Single To Go Please:
:wink:Has anyone ever run a Quad Rotor set up on a BBC? Whats the advantage or disadvantage? I am looking at maybe a little over 1000 Ponies to Saddle up in a single and want to know the most efficient way to go about that.

Twin Mouse Options: Also whats a good source for finding some 400 to 500 horsepower small blocks?

I am not talking 377 Blue Scorpion Devils...I mean not quite mighty mouse stuff but some get up and go Mouse Motors.

I know nothing of SBC's.

Just curious...it has to be turn key and reliable...

Doc of Charting a New Course :angel:

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
:wink:Has anyone ever run a Quad Rotor set up on a BBC? Whats the advantage or disadvantage? I am looking at maybe a little over 1000 Ponies to Saddle up in a single and want to know the most efficient way to go about that. this site doesn't have enough bandwidth...:nilly:

Twin Mouse Options: Also whats a good source for finding some 400 to 500 horsepower small blocks?

I am not talking 377 Blue Scorpion Devils...I mean not quite mighty mouse stuff but some get up and go Mouse Motors.

I know nothing of SBC's.

Doc of Charting a New Course :angel: now we're talkin' some good trash.... my specialty....

Air 22
12-03-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.bakerengineeringinc.com/ForSale.html#ome :pimp:

or

http://www.borowskirace.com/engines.html#marine

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
:wink:Has anyone ever run a Quad Rotor set up on a BBC? Whats the advantage or disadvantage? I am looking at maybe a little over 1000 Ponies to Saddle up in a single and want to know the most efficient way to go about that.
I know nothing of SBC's.
Doc of Charting a New Course :angel:

Eddie Young used the quadrotor on his 1200's. He likes them. He now uses the big 5.0 Whipple. You can get 1000 on a single 3.3 whipple with a 598 if you set it up right. That is what Eddie calls his 950. He gets around 200 hours or so on those. He is not cheap but his stuff is good and comes with a warranty.

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Dr. Dan, since you are looking at SBC, have you considered the new GM LSA SB?

http://www.gm.com/experience/technology/gmpowertrain/engines/specialized/marine/2009_6200_LSA_Marine.pdf

540 hp, 464 pounds. Not sure what your price range is, but seems to be a pretty potent package.

Dr. Dan
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Dr. Dan, since you are looking at SBC, have you considered the new GM LSA SB?
http://www.gm.com/experience/technology/gmpowertrain/engines/specialized/marine/2009_6200_LSA_Marine.pdf
540 hp, 464 pounds. Not sure what your price range is, but seems to be a pretty potent package.

Yes...but to be honest those are gonna run about the cost of the Boat as a Pair...so it makes them cool as hell, but not too likely.

Now things change all the time...but I am gonna research all options fo my new Toy until I come up with a solution.... odds are its gonna be a single BBC with 700 plus ponies....it appears the mendoza line to 80 mph range is 700 HP, on a 28 Pantera Standard Hull, not their new one...thats a Twin Step...again out of my range.

Anonymous :angel:

HIGH LIFE
12-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Dr. Dan, If your looking for a twin sbc boat you should talk to Mr. Vinyl on the MAGNUM site he has 3 boats for sale. HIGH LIFE

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Quad rotors....or and kind of whipple engine..Talk to Mark at Precision MArine in Kenner, LA. He is a nice guy and he knows just what it will take.

Last Real Texan
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes...but to be honest those are gonna run about the cost of the Boat as a Pair...so it makes them cool as hell, but not too likely.
Now things change all the time...but I am gonna research all options fo my new Toy until I come up with a solution.... odds are its gonna be a single BBC with 700 plus ponies....it appears the mendoza line to 80 mph range is 700 HP, on a 28 Pantera Standard Hull, not their new one...thats a Twin Step...again out of my range.

Ahh beginning to like the Kool-Aid we are serving up.....just keep drinking it , it gets better with time.

Tex

undertaker
12-03-2008, 07:45 PM

New 28SR with 700 NXT package.....:yes::yes:.....get it ordered we have poker runs to do this summer.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Undertaker:pimp:

boxy
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Doc, if it's 800 you are after, talk to FrankieC.
Ron Potter has built a bunch of motors for Typhoon .... http://www.potterperformance.com/index.html

and the 800 efi is sooooo pretty.... :pimp::pimp:

Air 22
12-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Ohhhhh the Drama..:nilly:....:popcorn:........:kingme:

undertaker
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Ohhhhh the Drama..:nilly:....:popcorn:........:kingme:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Ahh beginning to like the Kool-Aid we are serving up.....just keep drinking it , it gets better with time.

Tex

The Kool-Aid is great!! I am going to give RTSE some Mississippi PUNCH (J/K) when I see him at AOTH!! :pimp:

gero1
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
even tho i am still mad you never returned my e-mail(your a pretty big deal up there i guess????) i just want you too spend alot of money as your evil twin makes me do. SPEND SPEND SPEND we are only here 1 time

Dr. Dan
12-04-2008, 07:00 AM
even tho i am still mad you never returned my e-mail(your a pretty big deal up there i guess????) i just want you too spend alot of money as your evil twin makes me do. SPEND SPEND SPEND we are only here 1 time

What email there Moonshine Breath? My email is drdan93@comcast.net try it again. I do not recall getting one...unless it was during the "Recent Unpleasantness" in October...in which case..I had sooo many emails it was ridiculous...in fact I even got a new computer since then .... for all I know its sitting on my older lap top?

Sorry Bobby Boy... it was not intentional to neglect you.

Doc of Medicated Thought Processes :wink:

roadtrip se
12-04-2008, 10:53 AM
The Kool-Aid is great!! I am going to give RTSE some Mississippi PUNCH (J/K) when I see him at AOTH!! :pimp:

we are going to have a SHINE TASTING at AOTH? Bring it, bring it! Just ask Gero, this boy has never backed away from a shot on a bar, when the boats have been put way for the day. Maybe even a couple, if the stuff is good.

If we are talking about, insane single engine monstrosities, I'll be the one in the back in the red SE playing clean-up and tow service for you guys... something tells me I might be a little busy.

Either way, BRING IT. Maybe a little extra, because the kind Doctor appears to need a little more than his share!

Trueser
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Only if all screen doors are removed.......

roadtrip se
12-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Only if all screen doors are removed.......

If Trueser gets into the shine, the things seem to jump thirty feet in front of him... Shea on the other hand....

Last Real Texan
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
we are going to have a SHINE TASTING at AOTH? Bring it, bring it! Just ask Gero, this boy has never backed away from a shot on a bar, when the boats have been put way for the day. Maybe even a couple, if the stuff is good.
If we are talking about, insane single engine monstrosities, I'll be the one in the back in the red SE playing clean-up and tow service for you guys... something tells me I might be a little busy.
Either way, BRING IT. Maybe a little extra, because the kind Doctor appears to need a little more than his share!
I am planning on arriving with an extra drive just in case:confused:....but I will still be looking for a tow to the ramp if needed . Great idea having a sweeper boat...

p729lws
12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I miss my 22 Classic but put me down as a Pantera fan if your looking for something in the 28'-30' range to be used in rough water. :wink:

Dan

BigGrizzly
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Here you go Doc.

Dr. Dan
12-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I miss my 22 Classic but put me down as a Pantera fan if your looking for something in the 28'-30' range to be used in rough water. :wink:
Dan

Exactly my point... I am keeping the 22 Classic so Todd will still let me on his porch, but the Bay is not friendly all the time to our 22.

Doc of Bay Performance :angel:

Dr. Dan
12-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow Randy that would disturb some Fish Huh? How much HP and Torque..then how much money?

Just Curious

Anonymous :popcorn:

Barry Eller
12-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Dan and I rafted up for the Blue Angels air show at Pensacola Beach. You can tell it is a cell phone photo, but you can see how much more freeboard the Pantera has. It is a big boat.

fast fun 2
12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
about the quadrotors...they have been replaced by the 5.0 but we have done both and they have been as reliable as any blower motor
www.performancemarineservice.com (http://www.performancemarineservice.com)

Saris Racing Engines specializing in race and pleasure, fuel injected or carbed, NA or blown, 575 -1300 hp

Dr. Dan
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
about the quadrotors...they have been replaced by the 5.0 but we have done both and they have been as reliable as any blower motor
www.performancemarineservice.com (http://www.performancemarineservice.com)

Saris Racing Engines specializing in race and pleasure, fuel injected or carbed, NA or blown, 575 -1300 hp

Whats a 5.0?

?

SilverBack
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
The whiple superchargers models are listed by displacement. The 5.0 is a 5 liter. The have quad rotor which is like two superchargers in one that are 2.3 and I think 3.3. They also have larger like 8 liter models.

undertaker
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Whats a 5.0?
?

It's a Mustang....:bonk::boggled::party:......sorry just being a post whore..:pimp::pimp:

Undertaker:angel:

The Hedgehog
12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
The whiple superchargers models are listed by displacement. The 5.0 is a 5 liter. The have quad rotor which is like two superchargers in one that are 2.3 and I think 3.3. They also have larger like 8 liter models.

I think that the 8 is a 5 with the screw positioned differently.

SilverBack
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I think that the 8 is a 5 with the screw positioned differently.

Maybe I screwed up in my explanation!!! I am not really well versed in the Whipples!!! Maybe Cal-Man will take us to school!!

p729lws
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Exactly my point... I am keeping the 22 Classic so Todd will still let me on his porch, but the Bay is not friendly all the time to our 22.
Doc of Bay Performance :angel:

Yep, if your bay is like mine there are too many days where you're hard pressed to keep a 22' boat on plane let alone run any kind of real speed. The Pantera is a battle wagon in the rough stuff, just ask the wife...

Dan

Air 22
12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
:kingme:Step up and never look back...unless ur trying to c who's behind u....:biggrin.:
http://teaguecustommarine.com//store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=136

The Hedgehog
12-05-2008, 05:01 AM
:kingme:Step up and never look back...unless ur trying to c who's behind u....:biggrin.:
http://teaguecustommarine.com//store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=136

If you want to big, Young Performance builds a 1200 dry sump that blow that away and its a much better looking piece. I am pretty sure he does not want to get into the level of paying more fore his engine than boat

Dr. Dan
12-05-2008, 06:09 AM
:wink:Yep.... I am looking at a turnkey 540 right now...and its mild...about 670 HP and 600 ft lbs. Lots of room to work on the Motor or have a picnic in the Bilge.

I will know more in a few weeks...going to see the package in the next 3 weeks.

MMMM another 540?

Doc of random displacement :angel:

BUIZILLA
12-07-2008, 08:46 AM
hey Chrome Dome.... you got mail :yes:

BigGrizzly
12-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Doc That engine is a low deck 540 with almost 900HP and over 800lbs of torque and runs on pump gass and can run on regular on a pinch

gero1
12-10-2008, 06:33 AM
where are you at on this??????

need for speed
12-10-2008, 05:00 PM
COOL good luck!!!:crossfing:

Greg Guimond
12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Dan,

I have been away from the thread. Did you end up buying the Pantera 28 ?

mattyboy
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Dan,
if ya buy the pantera are you gonna call it Teague Too

Lenny
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Which one are you ??? :D

http://www.tartareandesire.com/bands/images/pantera.jpg

Lenny
12-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I think that's Poodle second from the right... ;)

Lenny
12-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry DOC. The "PANTERA" Band website somehow kills these links after a few minutes. They work at first then don't... :(

Anyways, hope you get it, that it is perfect, that it is what you wanted and that the sun shines in your crib for a while... :yes:

Lenny and Deneen :) :) :)

Air 22
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Dr. Dan.....Summer 2009:kingme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssusWKXS0iA&NR=1

Dr. Dan
12-21-2008, 10:36 PM
:drive:Well we did the drive through snow and the Pocono Mountains to New York, and if it Surveys and Sea Trails well in the Spring... I will have another mouth to feed at the ranch.
This one has a different appetite due to its component make up:
Dart Block with Billet Splayed Caps
Callies Dragon Slayer Crankshaft
JE Forged Pistons & Rings
Oliver Forged Connecting Rods
AFR 315 Aluminum CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
AFR Stainless Intake Valves and Inconel Exhaust Valves
Comp Springs, Retainers and Keepers
Jesel Sportsman Series Rocker Arm Set Up
Iskey Custom Hydraulic Cam and Lifters
Cloyes Hex A Just Timing Set
Manlet Pushrods
Barry Grant 1050 Race Demon Carb
Carter Marine Fuel Pump
Canton Offshore Oil Pan and Pick Up
Melling Oil Pump and Shaft
Peterson Remote Oil Filter Mount & Relief Valve
ATI Balancer
Centerforce Flywheel
Merlin Intake Manifold
MSD Marine Distributor,Control Box and Coil
ARP Head,Valve Cover and Oil Pan Studs
Fel Pro Gaskets
Mercruiser: Harness,Solenoid Assembly,and Circuit Breaker, Oil Cooler, Brackets, Engine Mounts, Couipler Assembly, Flywheel Housing,Assembly and Cover.
Aeroquip Stainless Braided Lines and Fittings
K & N Air Cleaner
Moroso Spark Plug Wires
NGK Spark Plugs
Billet Aluminum Pulleys
This is some of what makes this boat so impressive...the attention to detail and rigging are second to none... I will post pics as soon as I can. Conservative Dyno numbers are in the 670+ range for Ponies and Torque is low to mid 600's.
And its riding on an Aluminum MYCO, Double Torsion Axles with tires bigger than my Harley Truck....I am psyched to shine up the Trailer. Gonna have to talk to Jim Collins on that. Boat has full hydraulic steering, and XR Drive with Custom Drive Shower integrated Cap.:smash:
Gonna be a whole new deal, but Lizard is gonna be stylin on the Bay this Summer. :screwy:
So lets see, that makes two boats and both are in New York... how does that work? Gonna have to get a storage lot for when they come home.:doh:
Now all I have to do is assemble my own Bikini Team to tag along...hmmm never a dull moment....:pimptwo:
Doc of New To Me Panteras :thumbsup:

BUIZILLA
12-21-2008, 10:49 PM
your my hero...

Lenny
12-22-2008, 01:03 AM
WOW, so nice. :yes:

Jealous, big time... :(

I am just wondering why Buzz hasn't pulled the trigger on the other one in Hollywood with the twin egg beaters... :confused:

I need another ride out to the Dry Tortugas with him... :yes:

Team Jefe
12-22-2008, 05:59 AM
What Fuzzy said.....Can't wait for the chance to go fountain killin' in that sweet little MONSTER !!!:yes:

mattyboy
12-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Dan,
saw your post on speedwake, middletown is in my backyard if fact i was there all weekend shopping I am not a surveyor but i could give it a look and get some pics I will check today for surveyor in the area and see if the guys here know a good one

let me know happy to help out i wish i knew about this would have been a nice stress relief this weekend " here honey shop til you drop i am going to stare at a boat for a while

I believe that boat was at the LGPBA lake george poker run with us Dan. he stayed or launched at treasure cove

BTW Nice very ****in nice :yes: and i am available for the sea trial and i have room for it in the driveway by then the 25 footer that is there will be gone so the spot is available and has your name on it ;)

fyi middletown is about an hour east of scranton on rt 84

Last Real Texan
12-22-2008, 07:18 AM
:drive:Well we did the drive through snow and the Pocono Mountains to New York, and if it Surveys and Sea Trails well in the Spring... I will have another mouth to feed at the ranch.
This one has a different appetite due to its component make up:
Dart Block with Billet Splayed Caps
Callies Dragon Slayer Crankshaft
JE Forged Pistons & Rings
Oliver Forged Connecting Rods
AFR 315 Aluminum CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
AFR Stainless Intake Valves and Inconel Exhaust Valves
Comp Springs, Retainers and Keepers
Jesel Sportsman Series Rocker Arm Set Up
Iskey Custom Hydraulic Cam and Lifters
Cloyes Hex A Just Timing Set
Manlet Pushrods
Barry Grant 1050 Race Demon Carb
Carter Marine Fuel Pump
Canton Offshore Oil Pan and Pick Up
Melling Oil Pump and Shaft
Peterson Remote Oil Filter Mount & Relief Valve
ATI Balancer
Centerforce Flywheel
Merlin Intake Manifold
MSD Marine Distributor,Control Box and Coil
ARP Head,Valve Cover and Oil Pan Studs
Fel Pro Gaskets
Mercruiser: Harness,Solenoid Assembly,and Circuit Breaker, Oil Cooler, Brackets, Engine Mounts, Couipler Assembly, Flywheel Housing,Assembly and Cover.
Aeroquip Stainless Braided Lines and Fittings
K & N Air Cleaner
Moroso Spark Plug Wires
NGK Spark Plugs
Billet Aluminum Pulleys
This is some of what makes this boat so impressive...the attention to detail and rigging are second to none... I will post pics as soon as I can. Conservative Dyno numbers are in the 670+ range for Ponies and Torque is low to mid 600's.
And its riding on an Aluminum MYCO, Double Torsion Axles with tires bigger than my Harley Truck....I am psyched to shine up the Trailer. Gonna have to talk to Jim Collins on that. Boat has full hydraulic steering, and XR Drive with Custom Drive Shower integrated Cap.:smash:
Gonna be a whole new deal, but Lizard is gonna be stylin on the Bay this Summer. :screwy:
So lets see, that makes two boats and both are in New York... how does that work? Gonna have to get a storage lot for when they come home.:doh:
Now all I have to do is assemble my own Bikini Team to tag along...hmmm never a dull moment....:pimptwo:
Doc of New To Me Panteras :thumbsup:
Now you are getting serious....nicely done

Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM
'Beautiful Clark' (excerpt from Christmas Vacation, felt it was appropriate this time of year). Did you try out the 'stabbin cabin' to make sure you had enough room to get busy on those one-nighters you want to do:eek:?

boxy
12-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Doc, it looks Freakin Amazing ......... :nilly::nilly:

Can the HD P/U pull both of them in tandem to the 1000 Islands Run ???

The Hedgehog
12-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice looking package Doc. Yes, the rigging is pretty.

The cabins on those are supposed to be pretty roomy.

osur866
12-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Sweet, very very nice :clap: Steve

undertaker
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Doc, looks very nice & clean....the bay will not be the same this summer:pimp::pimp:

I am up for a road trip when ya wanna go get your TWO boats in New York....the Tahoe will be shined up a ready to go...:yes::):)

Undertaker:pimp:

mattyboy
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Dan,
yes by us the weather was funky we had snow friday and sunday , sorry we missed you guys but we spent the day waiting for Joe to land seems flying across the country at 35k feet the weather was still funky and the airport was filled with Christmas spirit ( I didn't know it had a smell to it?? :eek::yes: )

if you are going to the hudson from there it is straight across rt 84 maybe a 25 minute ride to the newburgh area I know there is a ramp at the foot of washington street by Gully's restaurant in downtown newburgh wheel locks and alarms are a must but once you get to the waterfront it is very nice

if you need a staging area or any help let me know

good luck nice Christmas present :)

happy and a merry

FISHIN SUCKS
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
:wavey:The Cabin is fine....its not a ZX in depth or height ..but compared to a 22 Classic its a Palace! Tom I am sure there will be plenty of room to burn some calories if the urge hits us.
BTW the graphics are vinyl so they can change or come off if we like.

One could say leave it to me to drag this into the gutter level, I was just pointing out criteria that I felt was important to you (no, you're not a hater, you're a lover:)).

If I got to place a vote on the graphics, I say leave'em. I think that ride is SHARP:yes: Can't wait to see more pix!

MDonziM
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
:wavey:The Cabin is fine....its not a ZX in depth or height ..but compared to a 22 Classic its a Palace! Tom I am sure there will be plenty of room to burn some calories if the urge hits us.

Matty, we drove there yesterday so I am familiar with where it is... weather was a tad funky... had to do a scenic detour for around 20 miles I was ready to pull my remaining Hair(just one) out. I will be up there again over the next few months...its not coming south until around April or so.

Gonna take some getting used to, this thing is gigantic compared to the 22, length of the whole package is only a few feet more than the 22 end to end...which surprised me. Gotta be the Tongue length on the Performance Trailer.

Poodle I am gonna need some more Wheel Locks, these guys are too trusting in the New York Country side, I will be in contact over the next few months.

Matty we will likely do a Sea Trial in the Hudson, but its gonna have to be better than -1 Degree out....Liz will have and issue with that. You are welcome to come along when we do go out...it hold 6 peeps with no proplem, more if they are Hot Chics! :spongebob:

Could be an interesting year... BTW the graphics are vinyl so they can change or come off if we like.

Boat and Engine have a total of only 111 hours....I think it shows pretty new. Darn thing got more damage from the Lake George Columbus Day Run 2 years ago than any place else according to the owner.

Poodle we're gonna have to schedule some lessons like in 1000 Islands...it changed me forever once I learned the Dog Day Approach to performance driving.

Liz is already claiming it for her own Ship... be a:bighug:fraid.

Doc of Frozen Cats :doh:

Doc, that is awesome, hope it all works out. Funny, I saw that boat advertised and thought of you. Good luck and Merry X mas. mm

BUIZILLA
12-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Danny.... driving lessons??? in a single non step??

pullleeeeeeezzzze

trim out

trim in

throttle forward

throttle back

there, so how easy that was ?? :shades:

BigGrizzly
12-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Doc it is a nice power plant you should be happy.

Air 22
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful......hope to c u 2 driv'n her soon...:yes::cool:

Keep us posted on the future of the

Panteratransactionalismitismonsterengineblingopoli shedtrailerwithbigmothatiressensationalizedacquisi tions.....feeeeeeeew breath...:)

BUIZILLA
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
so.....

it's HER boat...

now, I understand :cool!:

I mean, why drive through a blizzard if it wasn't to satisfy the misses :yes:

gold-n-rod
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
:shocking: I misread this paragraph and thought it said, "Tom and I are sure there will be plenty of room to burn some calories if the urge hits us." My first thought was, "Who the hell is Tom and what would Liz think?" :nilly::nilly::nilly: Glad I got that straight (pun intended)!
I understand completely how your heart episode influenced your decision. I bought my Donzi after my heart attack for the same reasons you've mentioned. Grab the gusto while you can; you can't take it with you!
Nice boat, Liz!

slapshot11
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Doc,
I'm so happy that you and Liz got this boat. It's a beautiful rig and it needed someone like you guys to really appreciate everything about it from the super clean hull to the amazing engine package to the beautiful rigging and all the other really cool elements that make up the overall package. I've been for a ride in this bad boy and I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
Did I hear someone say "Atlantic Coast Pantera Club"?
I can't wait to see the new Pantera clothing line.
Congratulations!

chappy
12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
:popcorn:You're right that was easy...now I need to maximize the volumetric efficiency of the fuel flow, cause this Cat also comes equipt with a Flow Scan Metering System...now that will be fun.

Oh and not that its a factor currently, but just to highlight the level of pre planing that went into this Engine and Rigging, we also have a Boost Meter Gauge and a Pyrometer in the dash cluster already there for when I out grow the current configuration? Gonna be a while. The Motor was built to go big later in life...hmmm. Why can't we all just get along and be happy with our speeds...I mean seriously? :lame2:

Ed I might take you up on the Transport operation... I need to get the Drive Shift Cable rectified prior to 2009 running in the Donzi. If nothing else you can join Matty in the great Sea Trial of 2009. I think the Donzi is going to see Holden for a little bit and then its coming home.

:spongebob: Hey anyone have a source for those Hitch Dusters that hang down to not allow stone chips to hit your trailer/boat? I just got done re doing the Performance Trailer and it will look like dog dew in a few trips...so I think I am gonna add a Duster. I know Charlie had one in Florida?

Thanks for all the nice comments, I hope it all works out too...its a big step and a difficult decision, do I wait and die with alot of money or spend it while I am alive and piss Roosters off? Yep... I'm spending some.:beer:

Lesson learned in the time spent in recovery in the Hospital, ya can't take it with you and because I married much better than she did... she is gonna be ok with or without me, something tells me. So she's gonna drive the Pantera and get proficient at wave crushing with her Donzi Girl Race Pals (Amy,Sarah,Bonnie, Crissy & Kim) ... I am sure there are others... but thats all I can think of for now...its gonna be a site to watch them idle in to the Docks and swing the boat into a slip and everyone look for the guys? Ah no guys required thank you very much... we got it handled.

The new "Team Huntress" for the upper bay. The Bay will not be the same Ed, help us!:screwy:

Stay tuned.

Doc of Donzi Girl Racing in a Pantera? :tase:

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Towing_guard/towtector_full_sized_pickups_and_SUVs.htm

A friend of mine bought one from this site, and says it does an amazing job. He trailers mostly sleds to and from Canada, and swears by it. Good luck with the new ride Doc, looks absolutely awesome.:yes:

Dr. Dan
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
:wink:Thanks Chappy that is exactly what I was after... Thanks for the LInk.

Norm, Its just too clean to not get it... you need to fill me in on your progress with a Pantera? I am sure we can work out some Design Gear for us...gonna get the Eyes Digitized...and some of the Pantera Fonts.

Gonna schedule a survey and some other items.... clothes are the least of my worries. I guess I won't believe it until its taking up half my yard. So many little extras on this boat its gonna be very comfortable to learn how to run.

I really like the Dropped Floor and the Padding there...really a different concept.

And the Ignition Switch is Cool too. Norm call me over the Holidays so we can catch up...I have a Dinner tonite...but should be back after 8 pm.

Doc of Itemized Acoutrements :wavey:

roadtrip se
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I want a ride.

Tormenting the rooster? Nah, as Brad says, "It's all good!"
Amazing what a second boat does for the attitude!

Have a ball dude!

LKSD
12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats, it's sharp looking.. Im sure it will be easy to enjoy. :) Jamie

ITTLFLI
12-22-2008, 03:31 PM
:shocking::beer:VERY...VERY NICE!

Trueser
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
AOTH this year?

We can add it on with the Z boats,

Looks great I'm sure you will both enjoy.

Air 22
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I want a ride.
Tormenting the rooster? Nah, as Brad says, "It's all good!"
Amazing what a second boat does for the attitude!
Have a ball dude!

"Rooster"?? I thought it was Chickenhawk?....lol...:):):)

p729lws
12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Nice rig and welcome to the Pantera club:beer: You'll like the ride.
Got any photos of the XR drive shower?
Dan

Team Jefe
12-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Doc - these are what I used before I got the dually. they are seriously nice and work really well. Tim White used them to protect Smooth Operator and turned me on to them....I have heard a rumor they will stop a .22 bullet. My brother has mine protecting the Foramul 280BR, or they would be in the mail to you next week.
http://www.propridehitch.com/trailer_hitch_and_accessories/enkay_rock_tamers.html

They are a little pricey, but worth it IMHO. and come off with the ball mount when not in use.

boxy
12-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Jefe, off the same website......
these look pretty cool, lockable too.

http://www.propridehitch.com/trailer_hitch_and_accessories/rotochok.html

FISHIN SUCKS
12-22-2008, 08:07 PM
:shocking: I misread this paragraph and thought it said, "Tom and I are sure there will be plenty of room to burn some calories if the urge hits us." My first thought was, "Who the hell is Tom and what would Liz think?" :nilly::nilly::nilly: Glad I got that straight (pun intended)!

I am happy you figured this out, 'cause I am not that kind of boy:)

tom

BigGrizzly
12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Well Doc, I like it. Not over done but tastefully done.

fasttrucker
12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
What did you end up paying for this sweet boat.The guy that did all that work must have put a lot of money into it?What does he claim is the top speed?Pitch of prop and rpm info please?I went to the web site and saw the new 28stepped-hull model,nice.Iam still looking at buying a fuel saving 27zr with a stock 496.speedboat mag. says in its test that they will go 70 mph.Proformance boats really need to go at least 70mph to be fun.It figures that I sell my 28zx and fuel prices go down to a level I can afford,with all the hours per season that I run.

Dr. Dan
12-24-2008, 06:58 AM
:cool!:Bill unfortunately I can't reveal any of those items or Santa won't bring me any presents....once it's in my driveway and parked, then maybe I will divulge the Air Pressure in the Tires on the Trailer. These things take time... you should have never sold your 28.

Doc of Undisclosed Trivia :popcorn:

RedDog
12-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Really nice boat Doc. Are you going to show it off to us at AOTH? We would forgive you if you left the Classic behind.

Merry Christmas!

Team Jefe
12-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Jefe, off the same website......
these look pretty cool, lockable too.

http://www.propridehitch.com/trailer_hitch_and_accessories/rotochok.html

Steve those are cool.....I need to get some of those for sure. thanks for the heads up.

Doc....she's pretty for sure. With OSS in town for AOTH, you could still carry a "Fountain Killer" flag.....Of course you'll be dipping into the Donzi Girl Bikini Pool like the Z boat guys....

.....So, on second thought....bring the 22:wink:

Air 22
12-24-2008, 10:12 AM
We'll see, getting pressure from my favorite Hemerhoid - the Rooster Boy!
Here's a Shot that looks good!
Doc :cool!:
Talk about "Chapstick"....TMI...:nilly::pimp:

fasttrucker
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
:cool!:Bill unfortunately I can't reveal any of those items or Santa won't bring me any presents....once it's in my driveway and parked, then maybe I will divulge the Air Pressure in the Tires on the Trailer. These things take time... you should have never sold your 28.
Doc of Undisclosed Trivia :popcorn:
Yes,must wait.....ADHD...........must wait.....................
P.S. Only down side that I see maybe a porpoise at cruise speed,like a sonic.On that note,do you know noise-polution from speedwake?His 26 sonic has dino 640 hp and only runs 70 mph on gps.I really like your new boat.Iam heading to sarasota tomorow(bringing family,telling them its a X-mass/winter vacation:wink:)to check out (for the second time)a used 27zr its only has 24 hrs on it.

BigGrizzly
12-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Trucker you and the porpoise affliction kills me. To get rid of these traits i use tabs or trim or both if necessary. There is not a good running boat that doesn't have these traits at some point with a certain load. When I saw your old boat running true and fine with all the nice women aboard, it was a sight to behold. I think that there was a male on board but did not notice.

DONZI
12-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I love the Boat !:yes:

A couple of pics from Fall O6 I took.

Could be an interesting year... BTW the graphics are vinyl so they can change or come off if we like.

The Hedgehog
12-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Steve those are cool.....I need to get some of those for sure. thanks for the heads up.

Doc....she's pretty for sure. With OSS in town for AOTH, you could still carry a "Fountain Killer" flag.....Of course you'll be dipping into the Donzi Girl Bikini Pool like the Z boat guys....

.....So, on second thought....bring the 22:wink:

Very cool but it won't kill Fountains unless it gets pretty rough or have a blower.

Great boat though. Beefy and will handle the rough stuff.

As far as the Z-boat guys go. We will smoke all. If you can't run in the 90's and up...you can't play well. At least until we start grenading drives!! We have a few plans for that too.

OH yeah. Tex's short block is done. Think big power. At a mere 942hp I will be lucky to hang

smokediver
12-24-2008, 11:10 PM
beautiful boat Danny !!!!! congrats !!!!!

need for speed
12-25-2008, 09:55 AM
very very nice!!! you where looking for somthing like this..

http://www.towtector.com/

The Hedgehog
12-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Poodle I agree I like it without also... we'll see what comes in time.
Hedge I am buying it for runnning in the Chesapeake Bay...its not meant to be the fastest...its meant to get us home or through the snot that is the Big water at times.
If I come to Cumberland...its likely gonna be with the 22 if its done by then! Only took 5 months to have the Trailer finished. Now I get to try to orchestrate the rest of the BS from a remote location... nothing gonna happen there until after January.
Merry Christmas
Doc :shades:

And you got a dang good boat for that! If I wanted one for the Chesapeake that would probably be at the top of my list too.

slapshot11
12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
In terms of speed for Docs new toy, I was in it this past November on the Hudson River at 83 MPH GPS. This baby is the real deal.

Ghost
12-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Poodle I agree I like it without also... we'll see what comes in time.

Hedge I am buying it for runnning in the Chesapeake Bay...its not meant to be the fastest...its meant to get us home or through the snot that is the Big water at times.

If I come to Cumberland...its likely gonna be with the 22 if its done by then! Only took 5 months to have the Trailer finished. Now I get to try to orchestrate the rest of the BS from a remote location... nothing gonna happen there until after January.

Merry Christmas

Doc :shades:

I'll third that--she looks great and classic with the clean sides. I'll keep an eye out on the bay this Summer.

The Hedgehog
12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
See, and that's where "it's not fair" - put a 22 fountain against one of our guys 22 classics and we'll see,.... oh wait, fountain doesn't make a 22, I'm sure you guys will be ALL OVER the 25-30 footers, I think you'll be able to handle the 27' Fountains ;)

I'm loving it, the antagonizing will be great,.... I hope to see LOTS of pictures!

Wayne

Yes, we will be all over the sub 30 Fountains!

BigGrizzly
12-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I got some bad news for you guys about the little Fountains. there is a 24 around here that will put the last real Texan in the weeds, sad but true. The last I set the tel tale on his GPS, it came back at over 98, and the tach had not hit red line. Just so you know. However if he goes to Cumberland, he will probably be with us.

mjw930
12-30-2008, 05:10 PM
You pretty much have to watch out for any sub 30' modified hull boats with big power. It's just too easy to bounce off triple digits in a Fountain or Velocity (and a hand full of other, more limited production boats). I know it can be done in a 22' Velocity with less than 600 HP and in a 26 (280) with less then 700.

gbsjr
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't think 100 is so easy,,, my buddy with a 26 DCB who runs about 135, with a blown 618@ about 1350 HP, Teague and Imco drives get eaten like candy, and his brother owns the same hull with more power,, and its blown drives, tearing engines down when most change oil, Hot Boat wants to run the one,, and he told them to pound salt because they have no clue what he does to get things like he has,, I forgot to mention their girls can put them on the trailers. These guys have amazing boats and spend and work like noone else I have seen.

Talking 100+ is easy,,, I help on a few that beat it and like they say, talk is cheap, speed isn't.

Awesome Pantera Dan

Air 22
12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey..I resemble that comment....LMAO..:salute::kingme:

:hijack:
:spongebob:Cuz in case you forgot, as my good friend who will remain nameless always says..."It's All About Me!" ...and anyone who knows who I am talking about understands that.
Enough about me what do you think about me? :popcorn:
:lame2:
Doc of Suspended Anticipation :thumbsup:

fasttrucker
12-30-2008, 10:37 PM
:)If you take me out in that boat before you buy it.I could tell you if it does porpose baddly and how fast it goes and what prop pitch you have..........:yes::nilly:

BUIZILLA
12-31-2008, 06:51 AM
Danny..................................

your soooooo eloquent with words.. :yes:

Doc of Slam Him Upside The Head And Not Have Him Know It...

mattyboy
12-31-2008, 08:38 AM
just cause the boat is "porpoise Gray" doesn't mean it Porpoises ;)

Dan,
do you still need a surveyor, the guys are back from the boat show and I will see them sometime over the weekend in some form of semi coherent nature

Dr. Dan
12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
just cause the boat is "porpoise Gray" doesn't mean it Porpoises ;)
Dan,
do you still need a surveyor, the guys are back from the boat show and I will see them sometime over the weekend in some form of semi coherent nature

Matty actually I got a call back from Capt Joyce Nolen - she is tough and fair minded - she did the Donzi after I dropped the 500 EFI in it and the Insurance Company dropped me instantly.... soooo I met her and she gave me a serious professional survey and I was able to get my "Agreed Value" policy through an alternate company.:doh:

So for now I think I am good to go, I believe she will schedule it for shortly after the Holidays.:clap:

Doc of Moisture Probes :spongebob:

Air 22
12-31-2008, 05:10 PM
:wavey:Yep I see that happening... I think I'd rather go through another Cardiac moment before I would subject myself to such torture and conjecture.:screwy:
I can tell you other than the Twin Big Block Panteras, which they sell plenty of and many folks love them, I have not read or heard of any Porpoise Issues Bill...so I am sure what ever sympton you fear must be related to your extensive seat time in your vessels while you're spanking the Velocity's in the Northern Bay? :lame2:
Maybe if you would quite buying "Value Hulls" and Redone Bargains you could enjoy yourself instead of having whatever random issues that tend to plague you. You spend thousands of dollars getting your 28 running nasty, and it was fine.... and you sold it - because you thought it was economically the right decision? All unfortunate choices.... now you have the 22 ZX... which is a cool little boat... each of these hulls are what they are... I hope you find happiness in your boating experience...:spongebob:
If I am fortunate enough to have all the Ducks fall in line and actually get this massive depreciating asset... we can talk about a ride and some Boat Drinks... there is alot that still has to happen... so don't loose any sleep.
If it works out - it works out... kinda like a marriage... but different.:tase:
Good Luck Bill and Happy :thumbsup:New Year!
Doc of Random Commentary :salute:

OMG...LMAO:nilly::)

Air 22
12-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Doc of Moisture Probes :spongebob:
Hmmm:....:rolleyes::biggrin.:...not that I read anything into that...lol:angel:

Buuuuuttttt to keep this thread on point....ck this video out...28 Pantera run'n..:)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/offshore-peformance-boat-racing-pantera-28-rough/176865312

BUIZILLA
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
I think someone needs to quit polishing their moisture missile...

anonymous :outtahere:

mattyboy
12-31-2008, 05:47 PM

well tell dwight to stop showing those videos ;) :tongue:

Team Jefe
12-31-2008, 11:19 PM
at the risk of all out anarchy:nilly:....I LIKE the Graphics...it's a Go Fast boat, it's not supposed to look like a classic.

Obviously, Doc and Lizard are the opinions that count....still I like 'em

So the "rumshaker" used to be fasttrucker's boat......WOW it did look good with all those RED Bikini's on it:yes:

SilverBack
01-01-2009, 12:06 AM

Jim...I have found that you are usually correct.....however....I am setting out here about 125 miles from land in the Gulf of Mexico and I am wondering...why would anyone want to stop doing that???

LKSD
01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
at the risk of all out anarchy:nilly:....I LIKE the Graphics...it's a Go Fast boat, it's not supposed to look like a classic.
Obviously, Doc and Lizard are the opinions that count....still I like 'em
So the "rumshaker" used to be fasttrucker's boat......WOW it did look good with all those RED Bikini's on it:yes:[/
:nilly: lol

BigGrizzly
01-01-2009, 10:40 AM
This much I will say, There was enough good looking stuff on that boat in red that I had to look twice to see Donzi on the side. King id like reaading the articles in playboy

boxy
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM

Jim...I have found that you are usually correct.....however....I am setting out here about 125 miles from land in the Gulf of Mexico and I am wondering...why would anyone want to stop doing that???

:nilly: http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41687&d=1230826417
lol
I really hope Kristin posted that .... :D :D

mattyboy
01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Dan,

looks like the new ride is featured on the pantera site

http://www.panteraboats.com/index2.php

some how i think a black windshirt with these on the back would look awesome

fasttrucker
01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
:wavey:Yep I see that happening... I think I'd rather go through another Cardiac moment before I would subject myself to such torture and conjecture.:screwy:
I can tell you other than the Twin Big Block Panteras, which they sell plenty of and many folks love them, I have not read or heard of any Porpoise Issues Bill...so I am sure what ever sympton you fear must be related to your extensive seat time in your vessels while you're spanking the Velocity's in the Northern Bay? :lame2:
Maybe if you would quite buying "Value Hulls" and Redone Bargains you could enjoy yourself instead of having whatever random issues that tend to plague you. You spend thousands of dollars getting your 28 running nasty, and it was fine.... and you sold it - because you thought it was economically the right decision? All unfortunate choices.... now you have the 22 ZX... which is a cool little boat... each of these hulls are what they are... I hope you find happiness in your boating experience...:spongebob:
If I am fortunate enough to have all the Ducks fall in line and actually get this massive depreciating asset... we can talk about a ride and some Boat Drinks... there is alot that still has to happen... so don't loose any sleep.
If it works out - it works out... kinda like a marriage... but different.:tase:
Good Luck Bill and Happy :thumbsup:New Year!
Doc of Random Commentary :salute:
Thanks doc,I would really like a ride in your new boat."Ill buy the boat drinks:wink:You know,Iam sure it doesnt ride like my freinds sonic.:crossfing:Iam really a fan of stepped hulls.:yes:I went to sarasota last week,the dealer was out of line on the 27zr..:eek:...still.But Ive got a total of four of them that I might buy.A few of the issues I have are...financing,trailer,md taxes,reg fees,trade in of my 22zx(might keep for another season)We had a great time in sarasota.I went to a tiki bar and ran into judy and mike(sara bay) in their 38zx.I went to the beach,wow!80 degree weather,nice.Now Iam back,working at night in the snow and ice,yuck!

p729lws
01-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Dan,
Here's one of my favorite Pantera photos. Who can name all 4 people first?

Dan

mattyboy
01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Al , reggie joe and pepe ??

BUIZILLA
01-02-2009, 03:59 PM
beat me to it... :mad: :cool:

p729lws
01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Al , reggie Jo and pepe ??
Winner, winner chicken diner...
Dan