PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Prochager end of year sale!

LKSD
11-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The end of the year Procharger sale is here again this year. From now until December 31st 2008 ! :nilly:

Our lowest prices EVER!!! With prices to low to print.
Marine kits sale priced starting at 3799.95 !! :shocking:

Call us for pricing and other special end of the year incentives from us on Procharger marine orders!!

:kingme: Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

Air 22
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Got the Procharger card in the mail today....$800.00 off the HP500EFI M-1 kit....:kingme: hmmmmm:kingme:

Last Real Texan
11-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Got the Procharger card in the mail today....$800.00 off the HP500EFI M-1 kit....:kingme: hmmmmm:kingme:
I f you are going to do it ....do it right....M-3 SC
also then you wont need the other air filter....as I said you can have it but if it is the same as the one you have now what's the point?
Tex.

Air 22
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I f you are going to do it ....do it right....M-3 SC
also then you wont need the other air filter....as I said you can have it but if it is the same as the one you have now what's the point?
Tex.

Tex...I sent ya a Pm...ck ur mail:)

Last Real Texan
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Tex...I sent ya a Pm...ck ur mail:)
Cleaned out my in box...

LKSD
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM

And at my sale prices this year I am doing even better than that on that kit! I have some kits at up to almost 1700.00 off this year!!! ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Titan
11-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Jamie, considering a procharger for my stock 496 Mag non HO. I'm thinking the 3.5 psi will be plenty and easier on engine and drive. Does this kit require reprogramming the computer? Have you done many of these, I've heard horror stories and don't want to sacrifice my reliability. My engine has 145 hours on it now. Thinking this is my biggest bang for the buck at this point.

Lenny
11-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Jamie, considering a procharger for my stock 496 Mag non HO. I'm thinking the 3.5 psi will be plenty and easier on engine and drive. Does this kit require reprogramming the computer? Have you done many of these, I've heard horror stories and don't want to sacrifice my reliability. My engine has 145 hours on it now. Thinking this is my biggest bang for the buck at this point.

I have the Canadian Procharger wholesale connection Mark. Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

LKSD
11-27-2008, 10:07 AM

We have done quite a bit of stuff on 496s as well as many other engines. Yes they can be easier on the dives, but that also has to do with the driver to a large part as well. Engine wise it is dependent upon cooling, install, preciseness of fuel & spark delivery and some other items..

Depending on what year yours is it is possible. HOWEVER, on the 496s and some other newer stuff I am more biased to use the whipple. Some of the reasons for that are that the fuel delivery, intercooling and ignition curve are more precise because of the way the whipple kit is and also due in part to the remapped ecm. I personally run a Whipple on my 496.

That stuff said, While the basic procharger kits do not require a remap of the ecm doing so will only enhance and make fuel & spark delivery more precise. The earlier 350 mags & 454/502 stuff were fairly easy to get away with by just adding more fuel and making some adjustments on if running about 5psi of boost..

The newer engine are more demanding of being precise. If your engine is prior to 2005 has a spin on fuel filter (non integrated fuel cool module & water separator) you can run 3.5 psi with a procharger and usually still have a good life, HOWEVER set up & thorough checks are critical. An ecm reflash is still not required on it according to ATI, but It wouldnt hurt and should be considered for max life expectancy.

If you were desiring to run more boost than 3.5 #'s on the 496 dont even think of doing it without larger injectors and an ecm reflash unless you have already redone your insides to all forged parts and larger injectors.. Thats when in my opinion the odds would be against you. If you want more boost than 3 psi I would strongly consider a whipple. We also obviously sell & install those..

Also food for thought if you use a procharger on the 496 on certain hulls dependent upon the way the engine is mounted the port stringer may need to be notched. The Compressor sits on the lower right hand side of the engine on the marine applications from procharger.. ;)

I hope this helps. If you have other questions & would like pricing on anything please call me.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

LKSD
11-27-2008, 10:16 AM
I have the Canadian Procharger wholesale connection Mark. Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

FYI, their costs shouldnt be any different than mine as I am a distributor level. However shipping costs may be different depending on their volume. I can drop ship directly from procharger so the biggest thing is just that it is an out of the USA delivery, price of shipping outside the USA can be a bit screwy depending on where it is going. Also my sale prices are all currently better than the sale prices advertised right now by procharger. Some of the units from us are currently about 1700.00(usa) off of the retail pricing..

Anyway Happy Holidays to both you(Lenny) and everyone else here.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

Titan
11-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks Jamie, that gives food for thought. I think I would feel better doing the remapping and larger injectors if required. Are you saying that you should go to forged internals in any blower applications? I have a '04 22C. Not sure if I am to excited about notching the stringer either.

Thanks for the input
Mark

LKSD
11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks Jamie, that gives food for thought. I think I would feel better doing the remapping and larger injectors if required. Are you saying that you should go to forged internals in any blower applications? I have a '04 22C. Not sure if I am to excited about notching the stringer either.

Thanks for the input
Mark

Youre welcome. As far as "having to have" forged internals inside it is not a requirement, but no doubt forged components are stronger.

The problem on the engines that do not have forged parts inside is that if you try to put boost to them and you get a lean condition because of a set up that is not precise enough you can have damage occur much easier and faster. On the 496s they can tolerate around 600+ Hp on the factory internals if you keep everything precise.

If you were doing a rebuild I would advise to upgrade to forged while you are there as then you are mainly just paying for the upgraded part cost at that time. I do not have forged pistons in mine, but everything is dialed in and I also have a few other extra measures that I have taken with my engine when I installed the whipple.

Also it is likely you would have to make a notch in your frame to fit a procharger.. Usually I reccomend when notching to add (an) or sandwich aluminum plate(s) to the notched frame for extra rigidity in that frame that was just notched.. If you wanted a whipple it would not require the notching.

The whipple would also be more precise & efficent out of the box than the procharger and create a bit more power on the base kit as well, thats part of the reason of the elevated cost over the procharger kit. It would give you a new enhanced injection system as well as a more efficent intercooler and a few other advantages. It really would depend on how far in you want to go and what you feel comfy with. Sometimes more expense up front can be less expensive in the long run.

Please dont misunderstand me on the 496 procharger kit, I am not bashing it or saying it is bad. I am just saying that there are many differences between that kit & whipple's kit. The procharger is a good kit as well, but there is in my opinion Definite room for improvement for use on that particular engine. The procharger's base kit meets the needs of some and will operate fine on some, but there are also mods that will no doubt improve it and on some that choose to go futher be absolutely required..

Hopefully this helps you.. If you want to look into any of this further with me feel free to call me.

:) Jamie / Lakeside

Titan
11-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I guess the whipple would need hatch mods to get height clearance in a 22c?

LKSD
11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
I guess the whipple would need hatch mods to get height clearance in a 22c?

No, you shouldnt need to raise the hatch. It is the same height as the top of the exisiting 496 shroud. It dies require however about 2" forward after installation due to the drive belt.. However there is space for that & a procharger would easily take up 2" anyway.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside