PDA

View Full Version : Gearcase filler

Conquistador_del_mar
11-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I wanted to pass along a great piece of equipment that I have had for about 20 years now. This 3 gallon pump up gearcase filler makes filling an outdrive easy. I use it for the outdrives and rear ends of vehicles. The filler disconnects with a quick disconnect fitting and screws into the drain hole. It has a shut off valve at the end as you can see in the picture. Just pump it up and let it do the work. I would highly recommend it to both the professionals and weekend boaters. I don't know if it is still available by this company, but I would guess that someone out there makes them. Bill

Sam
11-24-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm I missing something, I don't see any attachments. Sounds like a great devise, I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Conquistador_del_mar
11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm I missing something, I don't see any attachments. Sounds like a great devise, I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Do you mean the picture attachment or the gearcase attachments? The screw in filler piece is at the end of the filler hose along with the shutoff valve. I promise you will never regret buying one. You can fill every drive I have used mine on since the filler holes are apparently standardized. Bill

cutwater
11-24-2008, 09:33 PM
I can't see the picture attachments either...

Conquistador_del_mar
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I can't see the picture attachments either...

The picture attachments are kind of hit and miss now. I did a little looking around and found my very gearcase filler - the S-33 is on the bottom of this page. Get one and you won't regret it. Bill

http://www.stevensinstrument.com/gearcase.htm

RickR
11-25-2008, 05:48 AM
I use a garden sprayer. Cut off the sprayer end and attach a hose with a clamp. Works like a champ :wink:
Pic
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37770&highlight=garden

MOP
11-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Being an X boat mech and having used a myriad of devices, I would recommend the Merc pump that comes free with their HiPo oil. It works great I have refilled mine several times with various tyes of gear oil working on mine and several friends boats, it gives you nice liesurely control while filling and far less mess then pressure setups which I used for more years then I can count.

harbormaster
11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
attachments are kida broke right now. I am paying vbulletin to look at it.