PDA

View Full Version : Sidney British Columbia November Gathering.....

Donziweasel
11-22-2008, 06:27 PM
What a day!!!!!! Six boats showed up for our run. We had 3 Donzi's, a Senza, a Checkmate and a Formula Fasttech. All were capable of 65+ mph. The boating here is a amazing as are Lenny, Jeremy and Mark (Lenny, Fogducker and Titan). We saw harbour seals, which was really cool. Had lunch at a nice quiet port called Poet's Cove (even got a call from Buizilla while having lunch). After lunch and a few beers, we ran in glass water with no clouds and sun out for a few hours. Temps weren't bad at all (Lenny was wearing only jeans, jacket, hat and no sunglasses or goggles).

Lenny's LE runs like a scalded cat and looks as good as the day it was made. Jeremy's 18 Scorpion ran great as well. He is getting 73+ with more to go as he becomes more comfortable with it. Mark's 22 has the Italian style windshield, looks really nice and runs just as good as it looks
I can not tell you how great these guys are. Lenny, Jeremy, and Mark, thank you all for the great hopsitality and a day on the water I will not forget. I owe all of you and hope one day I can repay the favor.

My camera died after the first 15 minutes, but here is a few pics. I took some with Lenny's camera and I know Mark and Jeremy were busy taking pics as well. I hope they will post them.

Donziweasel
11-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Few more.....couldn't forget the one of Lenny!:wink:

zelatore
11-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Without doubt, that is my favorite area to boat.

In fact, I'm heading back up there again for a week in May... :kingme:

fogducker III
11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
So I think fun was had by all...............*

fogducker III
11-22-2008, 09:05 PM
some more, Lenny will explain..........

fogducker III
11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
DW will explain these............

fogducker III
11-22-2008, 09:09 PM
and the best for last........

roadtrip se
11-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Looks like an awesome day!

We're coming that direction sooner or later.

lars
11-22-2008, 10:52 PM
:thumbsup: We might have summer temperatures here in Southern California, but how can We compete with the pure, fresh conditions You boys have up north? Making the effort and uploading Your photos is very much appreciated. May You fellows have more days like these!
Lars

Donziweasel
11-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Todd and Lars, if you ever make it to Sindey, you will not be dissapointed. Over 700 islands to zip around. 100's of miles of boating. Would take a lifetime to see it all. Seals, Orcas, etc.... Absolutly amazing.

Titan
11-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Great day, weather pulled through for us. Nice to put faces to people you feel you already know. John, hope you enjoyed your visit. Wish we had a little more time but theres always next time. Hopefully we'll get down for skiing and sleding. Heres a few pics.

Titan
11-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Few more pictures, took to many will go through the rest tomorrow.

Donziweasel
11-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Anon, I think I mentioned that Todd would be upset if he saw that.:wink:

Donziweasel
11-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, with a heavy heart, we are packing to head back to JH. We could stay here for the winter. This place is absolutly amazing. If I have learned anything from my visit, it is that being part of this community is much more than owning a Donzi. For everyone to go out of thier way for two people they have never met is amazing and something that is very rare these days. Boo Boo and I feel that we have made some very good friends this trip. Thanks again to Jeremy, Mark, and especially Lenny and Deneen.

Cost of hotel room- 160.00 a night
Dinner- 150.00
Meeting Lenny, Deneen, Mark and Jeremy, as well as a November Donzi ride in British columbia- Priceless.

Oh yeah, Canadians really do say "eh" and have tukes.

fogducker III
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Have a safe trip home, glad you enjoyed yourselves and it was great meeting you, although the visit was too short!

PS. Sorry we bailed on dinner last, something came up that we had to deal with.........

Lenny
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
How come I can not see ANY thumbnails in this post from others ? Any of them under any of these replies... other than mine :(

Man, was that fun :yes: Warmed up now, boat is back in it's heated shop :)

John and Margee, hope you had fun. That was blast.

Fabulous meeting you folks :yes:

Drive safe and look after the twins Boo Boo. :D

DonziJon
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Lenny I can see your Thunbnails... but no one elses. Scott is working on it. John

Titan
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Not sure, I can see everyones thumbnails. That was definately a blast yesterday, had so much fun three boats went out again today. Colder today though. DW have a safe trip home and get that critter home so we can see some more pics.

Lenny
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Pics don't seem to upload right now :(

Anyways, Jeremys' 18 (Scorpion Boat) seems to like to Mirage 25... :confused: with the shortie (2") . At WOT it is completely aired out, riding on about 6" at most at back and no chine walk unless induced by playing.

Thre is NO (none, notta) porpoising whatsoever. Dead flat and aired.

Seems to like the prop. Me at WOT and partial squirrely, and him, he passes me just fine.. :yes:

Jermeys' runs GREAT. :)

Donziweasel
11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Jeremy, no sweat about dinner. We did try and call you though. I hope everythings ok.

When getting on the ferry yesterday, I look over and I see purple X-18. I am thinking to myself, Sidney has to have the highest concentration of Donzi owners outside of Lake George, and they don't know each other.

Asked the fellow how he liked his Donzi and he loves it, but it is a copy, not a real Donzi. It is a nice splash though and he was real nice. said he had run into Mark and been invited to run wiht us on Saturday, but in the morning he thought the weather wasn't going to cooperate. By the afternoon he was kicking himself. He was also having a few issues with the boat. I told him about this site and who our names were here. Maybe he will stop in and say hi. I have sen plenty of 16 and 18 copies, but never an X-18 copy. Pretty cool boat all in all.

Titan
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Here is some pics of the X18 copy. This boat was pulled out of a mold from a friends X18 years ago (early to mid 80's). There were more boats made in the mid 90's but the mold was changed and they added pad and incorperated a new liner.

Lenny
11-27-2008, 01:24 PM
a couple more :D