PDA

View Full Version : My new Donzi.......

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, the deal is done. I bought the Critter in Tahoe. Before you ask, yes I am slapping a Whipple and thru-hull on it. I like the weight savings of the 6.2L. Almost 300 pounds over the original 454 and comparable stock hp. So-

Got Criterion?
Why yes McGary911, yes I do. Thank you for asking:)

Got Boost?
Not yet Hedghog, but I will shortly. Thanks for asking.:)

fogducker III
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Ye Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good on ya! See ya Sat.............:yes:

RedDog
11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
wow - that's great. When do you take delivery and we want photos

CHACHI
11-20-2008, 10:47 AM
A nice bow rider for the family.

congrats.

Ken

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Delivery is after I get back from my trip. We are in Mt. Rainier Washington right now. Will see Lenny, Fogducker and everyone else on Friday.

roadtrip se
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Remember, Crit guys get ouchy when you start calling them bow riders.

I have riden in the front of many of them though, so I guess we can call them back seat drivers instead.

Trueser
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Cool,

Looking forward to the pictures.

Attending AOTH??????????????????????????????????????

zelatore
11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
A nice, sensable family boat for Powell...

I'd still be interested in knowing what sort of performance the stock 6.2 provides at sea level. The numbers are similar to a base 454, and like you said it's much lighter.

Lucky you - if it's set up for Tahoe, it should work OK in Jackson Hole.

Ghost
11-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Congrats (pretty big year out there!)

Carl C
11-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Sounds good. Congratulations. The huffer is just what you need at your altitude. I pick up my brand new tow truck monday. Come on spring.......:cool:

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Critter owners are one of a kind....

you'll soon see...

:kingme:

gcarter
11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Congratulations John.

kramsay1234
11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Do post some of your own pics when you get it home safe and sound. Congrats.

Ghost
11-20-2008, 01:19 PM
...we can call them back seat drivers instead.

Strong call. :)

Air 22
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Congrats...cool boats for sure..post some pic's when u can...:yes::beer:
C the economy aint dead yet....:wink:

onesubdrvr
11-20-2008, 02:45 PM
AWESOME!!!

I've always loved the Critters :D

can't wait to see it, especially when you've got her "boosted" :D :D

Best of luck, enjoy the rest of the trip, and for goodness sake, DRIVE CAREFUL!

Wayne

The Hedgehog
11-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Nice. Good practical boat. Very cool. Welcome to the boost club! You will love the sound of the spool up!

VetteLT193
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
congrats! and we need some Pictures!!

cutwater
11-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Good stuff John!

Ed Donnelly
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Will have to send you the secret Criterion handshake manual,
with the boosted addendum. Great choice, one of my favorite models
of Donzi..Should be fun mounting two car seats to it:wink:....Ed

P.S. Don't forget the external steering

chappy
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
After one season with the Whipple, you'll be slappin' a shorty on it.......the Bravo that is.:kingme:

Very glad it went to a member that will appreciate it for what it is.

Congratulations John.

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Thing started talking to me . Said, "John, I am close, John, I am restored, John, I am way cool, John, please put a blower on me" I couldn't take it anymore.

So, my criterea was an late model 18 with nice engine and a Bravo. Figured I got something better. Plus, I like the idea of it going to someone who appreciates it's history and value, not some smuck who just wants a go fast boat and knows nothing about it. Those tend to end up in the front yard for years covered in leaves.

I did some negotiatiing and look foward to running it this spring.

Trueser, Boo Boo is due too close to AOTH. Trust me, breaks my damn heart.

Zealator, Boo Boo said Powell was ok as long as it is AFTER the birth. Oh yeah, I also got to fly her mom in while I am gone. Would love to see what a blown 6.2L in the Critter will do down thier.

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, Jim or Scot, can you help me out here. Who are the known Critter owners on the boards. I know McGary, Poodle, Buiz, Grizz. Who else? Just curious.

I should have bought the other Merc blue with air 22. Would have made a nice addition to my Critter at my altitude.

gcarter
11-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah, Jim or Scot, can you help me out here. Who are the known Critter owners on the boards. I know McGary, Poodle, Buiz, Grizz. Who else? Just curious.

I should have bought the other Merc blue with air 22. Would have made a nice addition to my Critter at my altitude.
Ed, Tex, and Cliff

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah, Jim or Scot, can you help me out here. Who are the known Critter owners on the boards. I know McGary, Poodle, Buiz, Grizz. Who else? Just curious. Ed Donnely, Farmer TX, Brian Freeman, Cliff, Brandon,,,,,

Lenny
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I have riden in the front of many of them though.

Will you EVER ride in the front of another tho Todd, that is what I am curious of... ;)

Congrats John :yes:

See ya tomorrow. Weather is BRUTAL here today :( Wind and rain. Yesterday was flawless. Saturday is rumoured to be sunny. Should be mid 50's. Keep your fingers crossed.

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Lenny,
We are in Anacortes right now. Hasn't been very nice here either. Look forward to staying at one place for two nights in a row. Boo Boo is out for the boat ride FYI. She just wants to check out Sidney and do some window shopping.

Ed is my hero. 90 mph+ 16, Pantera, Criterion.

How many Critters were made? 26?

Lenny
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Lenny,
Boo Boo is out for the boat ride FYI. She just wants to check out Sidney and do some window shopping.

Then Deneen and her can spend the day out shopping and seeing the sights here while we freeze to death and tip a few. Their Spa deal is at 9am on Saturday. It is 90 minutes. We can just get out in the boats and try to stay warm and meet up with them at days end... (4pm or so due to light and un-foreseen nightmares. :D )

Call me when you get in tomorrow. I have the day off and Deneen and I will show you around town. We can go out in the evening for some appy's. Saturday evening we can go out for a decent supper.

Sunday, I will take my boat apart (again) while you are making your way to Vancouver. What Ferry are you arriving into Victoria on? We will meet you.

Donziweasel
11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Anacortes to Sidney Ferry. Arrives 10:45 am. Brown and tan Expedition with Wyoming plates.

Weekend sounds perfect. I got my snowmobiling stuff, so I will be ready for a run.

yeller
11-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice purchase DW! :yes:

Things are going to be tight with my schedule right now. I have a training class Sunday until 5~6pm but I should be able to meet up with you after that for a couple. :beer:

Will that work for you?

lars
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
:happy_bi: Congratulation John! I don't know how many times I clicked on this little beauty at different web-sites over the years. Maybe Jim's Cary got a few more clicks, but this little one was a mystery to me. I got the feeling the owner didn't have much time to visit his Tahoe property, but he was known to maintain his boats with an open check book. I just couldn't believe that at half of her original asking price, nobody took the oppotunity 'till You finally came to Your senses John! That the price was now very attractive I definately think is besides the point. It's the knowledge and with that the appreciation for quality things that makes this such a great event. I truly enjoy that an enthusiast finds himself an owner of a long desired object. Even a guy like myself with limited means have this year had a chans to buy a couple of my dream boats. Can't wait 'till You've set her up and are giving us a few pictures to enjoy.
P.S These three boats I bought this year are the only reason Your Critter isn't in my garage. It was second on my list, but my Flying Flipper deal was holding it up 'till the end of the summer, when I finally got it closed D.S.

Donziweasel
11-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Lars. I didn't even pay asking price. Can't wait to pick her up.

BUIZILLA
11-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Lar's... did that Stoker come from Havasu City?? I have a good bud there that lives next door to a guy that had one, in fact the house next door in that first pic looks like his house.. :wink: should be a Tiffin Phaeton coach in that garage...

aren't Stoker's laid up by Eliminator?? that's what my bud told me, as I think he has had an Eliminator or two... I rode in a blue Stoker with a GT300 'Rude when I was in Parker in the mid 90's sometime, GREAT boat.. the guy that owned it had a house in the Parker Keys area.. owner was based out of LA/Beverly Hills area.. I drove it from Needles back to the Havasu ramp and really liked it..

is it still in the states or in Sweden already?

lars
11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Lar's... did that Stoker come from Havasu City?? I have a good bud there that lives next door to a guy that had one, in fact the house next door in that first pic looks like his house.. :wink: should be a Tiffin Phaeton coach in that garage...
aren't Stoker's laid up by Eliminator?? that's what my bud told me, as I think he has had an Eliminator or two... I rode in a blue Stoker with a GT300 'Rude when I was in Parker in the mid 90's sometime, GREAT boat.. the guy that owned it had a house in the Parker Keys area.. owner was based out of LA/Beverly Hills area.. I drove it from Needles back to the Havasu ramp and really liked it..
is it still in the states or in Sweden already?
You really know all Your boats Jim! The nice fellow I bought it from, Dustin Bianchi, owned the house in the photo. He sold the house and the boat so I'm not sure if he knows Your friend. Al Stoker and his father John has had Eliminator laid up most of the Stokers over the years. Al is still racing his solid red one (see link below). Nothing turns like a Stoker and with the E-Tec 225 H.O. it does 90 mph with a prop made for pulling a skier or taking a few friends out. My younger brother keeps borrowing my Schiada so I decided to get the Stoker. I really wanted an original Stoker 26 SST with twins for the river, but this 20.4 popped up. The sad thing is that Bob Leach (Eliminator) crushed the 26 SST mold a few months back, so if I ever get the urge to step up there will be tuff to find a nice original (1st and 2nd photos, very few 26 SST made). The only boat that went to Sweden is my 1988 Flying Flipper. I hope to give the old Tennis Ace Bjorn Borg a run for the money, he's got a white one ( see photos below). The Stoker to get for rougher water is of course the 26 SST, but the 22 SST (3rd photo) is better in the chop than my 20.4, but not nearly as quick with equal power. There's a few splashed Stokers in Florida, but I doubt they are of the same quality. Al Stoker is one hell of a perfectionist, but that's what it takes to become a racing legend. :drive::checkered:
Al Stoker going strong at the 2008 Parker 300 Enduro!
http://www.imvite.com/video/2008-Parker-300-Enduro---Al-Stoker-doesn/t/7833008

BUIZILLA
11-22-2008, 08:44 PM
so, if it's not in Sweden..

then where the hell is it?? :)

I hafta know this information... :shark:

just between us girls... I can offer free room and board for it ya know... :wink:

and free concierge service... :angel:

PS - the next time I talk to my bud I'll see if Dustin rings a bell...

lars
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
so, if it's not in Sweden..
then where the hell is it?? :)
I hafta know this information... :shark:
just between us girls... I can offer free room and board for it ya know... :wink:
and free concierge service... :angel:
No worries Jim :wink:. The Stoker and the Schiada are in Fort Mohave/Needles. The Schiada will stay here, but in 2010 the Stoker will travel to Sweden. It's got a gelcoat color scheme that will make it look like a Swedish Royal Airforce fighter jet, so I've decided to bring it over there to scare a few fellow Swedes! The Larry Smith P-38 "Pure Insanity" boat, with Kaama drives will also stay here. Got a whole box with racing memorobilia with her so I will keep her here for nostalgic reasons. Can't wait to run her as soon as she's fit for fight.:wrench::cool:
P.S. Maybe it's time for You to come and visit Jim! It seems like You are Stoker certified! :yes: D.S.

BUIZILLA
11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
The Stoker and the Schiada are in Fort Mohave/Needles. noo way !!! is the Topock(sp?) Bar or Marina still there at the RT66 bridge? train bridge? hmmmm.. wow... i'll never forget driving that thing and going south at sunset against the setting sun and those red canyon walls... the one I drove had some kind of a ski post and open mid exhaust with a chopper prop, my gawd was it loud in that canyon :shocking:.... skiing behind open exhaust must be hell.. I also found the sandbar in that tight right hand turn by accident... :eek: also vaguely remember something about Stoker's mostly having 'rudes for some reason???

enough thread hijack..

lars
11-22-2008, 10:36 PM
You're right Jim, life on the Colorado River isn't for the faint at heart:smileybo::pimp::beer::blub::anchor:
Back to Criterions...never seen a picture of Yours! BBC, TRS...come on get John in the mood Jim. And the rest of You lucky Criterion owners, please show the rest of us some mercy and let us at least see a few pictures of the little beauties :worthy:

Donziweasel
11-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Lars, I agree, I would love to see some more Criter pics......:wink:

Also, if 26 were made, how many are currently accounted for????

BUIZILLA
11-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Critter has 2 *T's*

Criterion has one..

get with the proper lingo will ya...

that's okay though, Cliff still hasn't caught on yet either.. :lookaroun:

Donziweasel
11-23-2008, 10:00 AM
As a newbie, I am still learning. I started with 2 t's, and then saw Cliff with one t. Monkey see, monkey do.:wink:

Jim, you got to have a pic of yours........

sweet 16 1966
11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
OK, why can't I see the pics posted?
Am I the only one.