PDA

View Full Version : Buizilla ...

Lenny
11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Just a quick note. When you owned the LE and if you were ever in a situation where you had to tow a Freighter (similar to the hijacked one) you could have tied off the bow of the ship to your exhaust tips...

:( :( :(

:shocking:

BUIZILLA
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
it won't make any more power with straight tips.. :wink:

it's just 4200..

zelatore
11-19-2008, 09:50 PM
hey, just be glad it's not 5200...

BlownCrewCab
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
If it was 5200 you could be sure they wouldn't be pulled off:wink::wink:

The Hedgehog
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Just a quick note. When you owned the LE and if you were ever in a situation where you had to tow a Freighter (similar to the hijacked one) you could have tied off the bow of the ship to your exhaust tips...

:( :( :(

:shocking:

I had the 4200 problem on my 26ZX. Does not make for easy removal

Lenny
11-19-2008, 11:13 PM
It gets WORSE. I got the tips off, (Jim I am just replacing the Corsa's with new Corsa's I had, as the port one fell apart internally and rattled up a storm)... anyways... I got the tips off, put NEW Stainless Marine manifolds and risers on the starboard side, (manifold to block) then took apart the port side. Went to put it all back together and the port manifold WILL NOT FIT. The front of the manifold (bow) hits the power steering 90 degree hose (high pressure) fitting. I tapped it some to increase the 90 but there is NO WAY it will work and be able to tighten the belt on the pump. :(

So, now I am half way back to putting it back together as is with the Gil manifolds and risers.

( Jim, the Gils on both sides have cracks in the iron between the center ports and leak into the bilge, hence the SSM. I already had a spare new set of SSM and risers anyway WITH brackets. It was obviously cold travelling through Wyoming as to why I just did the water pump with crack also.)

I put up with it this summer just to have fun. I have now seen 70 GPS with low fuel and calm water with the STERNJACK. I think 72 is available with a chop this weekend :D Not bad for a 400 hour stock 260 horse Merc from '87.

Back to the drawing board with the SSM.

Any ideas folks ?

Cuda
11-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Will a shorter belt work to tighten up the pulley? I went through the same problem when I put the Dana exhaust on the 22. I also had to have some pipes fabricated to line up with the tips.

Cuda
11-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Did you call SSM for advice? I've heard they are very good with customer service.

gcarter
11-20-2008, 06:04 AM
I moved my pump forward a little bit (flat washers on the studs) and piddled w/the pulley location.
Try rotating the hose end to a more upward position. You may have to re-route the hose or find a longer one.

When I removed the tips for the second time on the Minx (5200, I put it there) I used a new 2" wide wood chisel and carefully, slowly got them out using a dead blow hammer. The tips were fine, they're now on Carls boat.

BERTRAM BOY
11-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Lenny, I had this EXACT same problem. Brownie told me to get a rubber mallet and "whack the side of the manifold" so it collapses a bit.

What I did instead, was use a banjo fitting on the power steering pump, and I still had to space everything out about .375.

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Lenny... it's a 270...

call me

ky-donzi
11-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Of course I can't see what it going on, but there are many different types of hydraulic fittings. I would look into get the end changed at a hydraulic shop similar to what Betram Boy did

mrfixxall
11-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Take the hose to a hydrolic hose place and have a shallow 90 deg fitting and a smaller thickness hose made..emi is the same way and my place makes the hose for 30 bucks..