PDA

View Full Version : New 370Z...

roadtrip se
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/19/la-2008-nissan-debuts-all-new-370z/

Lost a few hundred pounds and gained more horsepower.

Might have to start looking at this a bit more seriously now...

boxy
11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Looks sweet.

Does it have sort of an Aston Martin look to the front end??

BUIZILLA
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
very cool..

very, very cool...

Conquistador_del_mar
11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/19/la-2008-nissan-debuts-all-new-370z/

Lost a few hundred pounds and gained more horsepower.

Might have to start looking at this a bit more seriously now...

Very nice looking sports car in my book! The last brand new car I ever bought was a "newly designed" 1979 280ZX - the first year of the ZX, but I had to give it to my ex in the divorce - :bonk:Bill

roadtrip se
11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
That'll help Detroit... :bonk:

I figure that place will be a waste land shortly...

Air 22
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Yowwzzza a 7 speed automatic transmission....cool car:wink:

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Yowwzzza a 7 speed automatic transmission....cool car:wink: you want FUN ?? drive a new C63 with a 7 speed... 11 second ride right out of the showroom... it'll absolutely smoke an M5 for 10k less $$$... 0-100 in 10 sec... fastest OEM sedan i've ever driven... ever...

Air 22
11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
This is the fastest Sedan I've tried so far...she sure get's n Go's....:cool:
http://www.cadillac.com/09ctsv/?seo=goo_|_2008_Cadillac_Retention_|_IMG_Cadillac_ CTS-V_|_Cadillac_CTS-V_HV_|_cadillac_cts_v

VetteLT193
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Looks sweet.
Does it have sort of an Aston Martin look to the front end??

I think it looks like a Manta Ray.

zelatore
11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
... it'll absolutely smoke an M5 for 10k less $$$...

...in a drag race.

BTW, Michele is in Detroit right now on business. The local rep she is traveling with was going on about people not buying American cars. She said she was beginning to feel guilty for having a foreign car (335). Since she's not that familiar with the auto industry, she just asked him - 'OK, does an American company make a sports sedan?' That shut him up.

When she asked me if any of them built a sports sedan, the only thing I could come up with was the CTS-V; but at $60K, it's more a competitor for the M5.

And, (15 years ago I'd have bet good money I'd never say this) if I was in the market to spend that kind of money, I'd stop by a Caddy dealer and seriously look at the CTS-V.

cutwater
11-20-2008, 10:44 AM
And, (15 years ago I'd have bet good money I'd never say this) if I was in the market to spend that kind of money, I'd stop by a Caddy dealer and seriously look at the CTS-V.

Heck yeah. This car was discussed about a year ago, and everyone said they just couldn't own a Cadillac because of the stigma. Man, I'm 26 and I would love to have one of these. I even stopped by the showroom and drooled once.

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
my nephew has a CTS-V, the C63 will smoke it too... :pimp:

zelatore
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
AMG builds great motors.

Too bad about the rest of the car.
(only kidding....)

Actually, they seem to be very much built for the American market:
Long on power and sound, but short on handling.

Oh, and there is one other little problem. It's called a torque converter.

I can't take a car that doesn't offer a clutch seriously as a sporting machine.

On the American car front, I read that Caddy is thinking of bringing in one of GM's smaller euro sedans to market under the CTS and badging it the BTS - if they build a V-spec version with performance to rival an M3 or RS4, but undercut the Euros on price, I'd have to look at it when it comes time for the next car.

But for now, the best answer to the question is still spelled BMW 3-Series.

I fought against it for a long time, but in the end I caved and bought one. And I'm a happy guy for it.

Air 22
11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
my nephew has a CTS-V, the C63 will smoke it too... :pimp:

Jim....Errrrrr Are u sure about that....??

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/blogs/marty_blog/2009/smackdown-alert-cadillac-cts-v-does-60-in-35/

"What will the BMW M3, Lexus IS-F, and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG do now?

Back in January, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V hit Detroit's auto show with the promise of a supercharged V-8 with a prodigious 550 horsepower.

Scratch that. The CTS-V makes 556 horsepower, according to the latest updates from GM. Not only that--Autoblog (by way of Edmunds) says that GM confirms not only the CTS-V's stunning power, the company drops the mind-numbing acceleration time for the CTS-V at 3.9 seconds. That's more than a second off some documented times for the aforementioned trio, not to mention better than a host of Porsches and other supercars.

Of course, to go with the free ass-kickings, the 2009 CTS-V also comes with your choice of six-speed gearboxes and standard Magnetic Ride Control (MRC). You can find out more about it at our 2009 Cadillac CTS-V preview page, and see more nifty pics, including the massive V-8 and Cadillac's new "obsidian" interior trim. Stay tuned for TheCarConnection.com's first drive later this summer. "

They look the same to me:shocking:......I'm just say'n.....:nilly:

BUIZILLA
11-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I still like the C63 better, I gotta witness a race for myself, or better yet drive the race myself...

can't get a stick in the Benz... advantage > Caddy

Air 22
11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I still like the C63 better, I gotta witness a race for myself, or better yet drive the race myself...

can't get a stick in the Benz... advantage > Caddy

I can get us a CTS-V.:convertib:.u find a C63? :convertib:...we'll have r own lil demo...im sure u will win...but what the hoooo...it be fun....:wink::yes:

zelatore
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
On what may be the ultimate test, the Nurburgring:

'09 CTS-v - 7:59.32 (John Heinricy driving)
'09 M3 - 7:57 (per M-boss Richter, reported by SportAuto, but questionable)
'08 M3 - 8:15
'08 M5 - 8:13 (both per Car and Driver)
C63 - ???

Regardless, the new Caddy is pretty darn fast. With that kind of power, what would you expect? The real question is how refined is it? What is it really like to drive compared to an M car? The past generation was a bit crude, but early reports are this is the first Caddy to actually be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Euros on all fronts.