PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 9 is 5/15-5/18/09 in 2009...

Pages : [1] 2 3

roadtrip se
11-19-2008, 10:07 AM
While I haven't talked with the organizing committee of the Midwest Donzi Club yet about the event, I checked and Memorial Day is 5.25, so AOTH9 will be the weekend before as is tradition.
So for those who have been asking, mark your calendars, fire up the skunkwerks, save your gas money, and tell momma to shop for a Blue Tankini, as it will be here before you know it!
More details to follow!
See ya there!

EDIT:

Well we can finally let you all know the final details on AOTH IX!

Also please check out the new Midwest Donzi Club website at www.mwdonziclub.com for additional details.

WHAT: Midwest Donzi Club Annual Awakening of the Horses!

WHEN: May 14-17

WHERE: Jamestown Marina

COST: $75/person.

Includes:
2009 AOTH t-shirt
Name badge/tether
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Dinners
Fun Run Entry
“Celebrity” Auction
Viewers Choice Awards Entry

NOTABLES:
****BOAT OWNERS MUST SURRENDER A COPY OF PROOF OF LIABLITY INSURANCE TO BE ATTACHED TO AN EXCUTED LIABILITY RELEASE FORM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
****ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE AT REGISTRATION.
****DRIVERS MUST UTILIZE A KILL SWITCH TETHER AT ALL TIMES. DRIVERS AND PARTICIAPNTS MUST WEAR A LIFE VEST DURING THE ORGANIZED PORTIONS OF THE RUN.
****PLEASE BRING BOAT/DONZI/ARONOW RELATED ITEM FOR AUCTION

AGENDA:

THURSDAY
• OPEN DAY-no planned activities
• 7:30 Dinner hosted at ROADTRIP’s PLACE-Pickup Directions at the Front Desk at the Resort.

FRIDAY
• On own for Breakfast Buffet at Jamestown restaurant(on dock)
• 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Register at the meeting room at the center of the hotel, look for MWDC members in RED t-shirts.
- View Dr. Dan’s Hardware Store at registration.
- Vote for People’s Choice Awards
• 11:00 - Depart for Lunch Run to Lee’s Ford Marina
• 12:00 - Lunch at Lee’s Ford Marina
• 2:00 - Depart for return trip to Jamestown Marina
• 7:30 pm – Cookout at the Jamestown Yacht club
*****PLEASE BRING AUCTION ITEM TO DINNER****
- View Pictures from Trueser
• 8:00-10:00 Firepit at Show-N-Go's place above Jamestown (Pickup Directions at the Front Desk at the Resort)

SATURDAY
• On own for Breakfast Buffet at Jamestown restaurant(on dock)
• 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Please find Elizabeth for Registration
- Vote for Viewers Choice Awards-see attached sheet, please return all ballots to a MWDC member before leaving for Fun Run.
- Order a box lunch if you wish to take one with you (recommended)
• 10:00 – Meeting at docks for Fun Run, Box lunches available on dock.
• 11:00 – Meet at No Wake buoy for Fun Run start
- Raft off in Harmon Creek at end of Fun Run or caravan to dam area for OSS Trials and Qualifying.
• 6:30 – 7:30
- Silent Auction and Bidding
• 7:30 – Dinner at Jamestown Yacht Club
- Hosted Auction to follow dinner starring Fishin’ Sucks & Hot Shot
- Awards from Fun Run sponsored by Dr. Dan’s Hardware
- People’s Choice Trophy Awards
- View Pictures from Trueser

Trueser
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm in..................

28ZX #1

Air 22
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
This will be my first AOTH...:nilly: and proud to be a Blue Tankini Member :cool: cant wait...have it marked on the calender:wink::yes:

glashole
11-19-2008, 11:47 AM
otherwise known as May 2-4 to Canadians

count me in also

BUIZILLA
11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
This will be my first AOTH...:nilly: and proud to be a Blue Tankini Member :cool: cant wait...have it marked on the calender:wink::yes: flyboy... the blue Tankini team is for women :yes:... travel accordingly :convertib:... and i'm the Judge :kingme:,...... the swim platform of the SS280 :boat: is the modeling runway.... just say'in :nilly:

roadtrip se
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
if Dwight wants to buy and wear a blue tankini at AOTH, who are we to stop him? Always room for a judge or two also, but this being said, bring your boat Dwight, as I think Buiz has got this duty covered. Plenty of room on red boat row.

Air 22
11-19-2008, 01:42 PM
flyboy... the blue Tankini team is for women :yes:... travel accordingly :convertib:... and i'm the Judge :kingme:,...... the swim platform of the SS280 :boat: is the modeling runway.... just say'in :nilly:
Sorry:bonk:...I'm married to the Blue Tankini Member....I want a front row judging view of the "Danc'n Pole" on the SS280....:yes:
I can dance...reallly I can...I'm just say'n....lol:):)

Danc'n pole preview.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8eb6kHSuA

Dr. Dan
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
:spongebob:Oh now I have heard everything - so he gets a Blue Motor and he's gonna do a World Tour of Donzi Events... OMG?

Todd remind me to Bitch Slap you for whatever lame roll you played in this aquisition... it will make Shea's antics last year seem like a Cake Walk...trust me there is no substitute for what is fondly known as DD or Dwight Drama! :tase:

Yes tie up your Emu, wash your Lasa Apso...and keep anything Red inside...prolonged exposure to LED's Lights or Strobes can prove fatal...ask me how I know this.

Doc of Jamestown Tendencies :thumbsup:

Air 22
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
:spongebob:Oh now I have heard everything - so he gets a Blue Motor and he's gonna do a World Tour of Donzi Events... OMG?
Todd remind me to Bitch Slap you for whatever lame roll you played in this aquisition... it will make Shea's antics last year seem like a Cake Walk...trust me there is no substitute for what is fondly known as DD or Dwight Drama! :tase:
Yes tie up your Emu, wash your Lasa Apso...and keep anything Red inside...prolonged exposure to LED's Lights or Strobes can prove fatal...ask me how I know this.
Doc of Jamestown Tendencies :thumbsup:

That was some funny CHIT right there...:worthy::worthy:...LMAO....with ur imagination u need to put that talent to work for a publisher....jeeeeeeezus how do u come up with it....:kingme::):)

gero1
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
strings,thread,lines,bumpers,fenders,fish baskets,baitbuckets,fishing poles(jefe your excluded on the fishing stuff) and all other junk is to be stowed away when going, driving, at the helm, when on the water. truser works hard to take pics!!!!!

gero1
11-19-2008, 09:52 PM
what's this year's theme? and don't tell me the 152 medallion. how about the zx boats?

Trueser
11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Gas tanks, and how to seal the leaks... :nilly: :nilly:

Ok I need a new keyboard...

Team Jefe
11-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Team Jefe is in....and we may be sporting two boats:eek:

boldts
11-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Got a letter from Frieda who has run everything at the resort for us the last 8 years. Can't thank her enough for helping things run so smooth.

Room rates:

Super Suite - Sun. thru Thurs. = $90.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $108.95
Deluxe Suite - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $72.95
Handicap Suite - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $72.95
3 Bedroom Cab. - Sun. thru Thurs = $63.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $63.95
2 Bedroom Cab. - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $54.95

When calling to make your reservations, tell the person taking your reservation you are with the Midwest Donzi Club - Group Code: MD0516

Most keep their boats in the water (FRESH water) and docks are available for an additional charge. Be sure and reserve a dock if you wish to keep your boat in the water vs launching and retrieving each day.

Jamestown Resort Phone # 270-343-5253

Todd, didn't mean to step on any toes here, but wanted everyone to have this information.

Just as a reminder to all Donzi owners. If anyone tells you you can't bring your Donzi to this event because of the model you own. They are vastly mistaking. All Donzi models and their owners are welcome to join us at Lake Cumberland and the Jamestown Resort. Also, we've had the pleasure of having Magnums, Formulas, Cigarettes, Bat boats, Cats (tunnel hulls), and an Apache join us and run with us in past years. Most of these boats come from companies that Don Aronow founded. We welcome all who wish to run with us for the weekend to join us. This mixture and of course all the owners are what have made this gathering the showplace it has become.

Bubba Dog
11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Room and slip reserved. See Y'all there. BD:cool!:

Last Real Texan
11-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I have a feeling that the Hedgehog and I will be there with a couple of single engine ZX's....mmmmmm get to pick on some twin engine Scorpions...

See you there

Tex

The Hedgehog
11-20-2008, 08:06 PM
I have a feeling that the Hedgehog and I will be there with a couple of single engine ZX's....mmmmmm get to pick on some twin engine Scorpions...
See you there
Tex

Yes sir! I will bring a break dance pad, pimp outfits, some shag carpet and a 6 pack of 50' rolls of linoleum sheeting:pimp::smileybo::alky::flash:

I talked to the Silverback last night. He is even coming

Trueser
11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow picking on the Scorpions:nilly: what did they do?

:confused::confused::confused:

SilverBack
11-20-2008, 10:09 PM

See you there

Tex

Don't worry Mike...I will be there to pick on the two of them!! I am going to have to have twice as much fun this coming year to make up for last year!!

Now that my boat is getting redone at Precision Marine I can't wait. I hope that they don't find out about my 1075 SC and the new Arneson setup!!!

SilverBack
11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Has anyone heard if this year the ZX will be the featured boat?? I think there may be some 100 mph ZX's running around next year!!

The Hedgehog
11-20-2008, 11:15 PM

Don't sweat it. We like the scorps too. I think that they are cool boats. We pick on each other as well.

In the end it gets back to the single vs twin thing and that is really apples and oranges in the end.

There are just a few of us the like to do it differently. We crave the sound of a monster big block and the surge of pushing the hammer down at 70+ and rocketing to 90+. Probably like you like to air it out when we are worried about smashing drives:shocking:

I love the 383 in my X. It is a nice engine with a great sound. That times 2 is an even better idea. That being said, when I light off the 850.....it sounds like WWWIII is starting!!!

Last Real Texan
11-21-2008, 07:03 AM
And when your passed by a single engine classic, don't say you weren't warned..
we wont.....it's all in fun and just look forward to seeing a bunch a nice fast boats! There is always someone faster....as the Hedgehog said we just like to do things outside the box. Love the Scorpion boats and looked for one when I did my project.....If I had found one it would have been Procharged in short order and faster than what I have now.... Apples to oranges....

Tex

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
And when your passed by a single engine classic, don't say you weren't warned..

Who are you warning here..exactly???? HH or Trueser??

I hope that someone does not get passed up by the RoadWay truck today!!!!:wink::crossfing:

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 07:07 AM
we wont.....it's all in fun and just look forward to seeing a bunch a nice fast boats! There is always someone faster....as the Hedgehog said we just like to do things outside the box. Love the Scorpion boats and looked for one when I did my project.....If I had found one it would have been Procharged in short order and faster than what I have now.... Apples to oranges....

Tex

Mark has a 28 ZX with procharged Scorpions at his shop with stand off boxes and the works and I think it does pretty good!!

Dr. Dan
11-21-2008, 07:54 AM
:angel:There is a Whippled Scorpion 28 in Lake Winnie - it does low Triple Digits. It was an 82 mph stock boat....

Every year its the Chase Boat. No one comes close...but its always fun to try.

I think the little Cigs would still embarass most rides I've seen described here...even if they aren't the fastest..they are some of the coolest!

Doc of Non Cool Slow Boats :drive:

BUIZILLA
11-21-2008, 08:47 AM
in addition to being the SS280 tagalong, I also volunteer to be HH's cameraman.. :eek: :angel:

we could get a 2x12x16 plank and use that as the modeling runway between 2 swim platforms.. (not like I haven't done that b4..:wink:)

Team Jefe
11-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Cabin and slips are reserved.

Me and the Revenge

My little Brother Matt and the Formula 280 BR

All I need to do is convinve Scot to bring the 22

BUIZILLA
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
how's about a Center Hill Lake pre-rally on the Mon-Weds before the AOTH event?

you know, kind of a tune it up, air it out kind of social...

:cool:

Trueser
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM

I was thinking the same thing........

Last Real Texan
11-21-2008, 09:32 AM

I'm in...

The Hedgehog
11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
in addition to being the SS280 tagalong, I also volunteer to be HH's cameraman.. :eek: :angel:

we could get a 2x12x16 plank and use that as the modeling runway between 2 swim platforms.. (not like I haven't done that b4..:wink:)

I could use the help. I will donate one of the swim platforms for the modeling runway:smileybo:

I am up for CH before hand. Heck, I am up for a day on Nickajac, a day on CH and a few at AOTH just to help out the economy.

Tex, when you bring the ZX back to Nooga, I will get some of those camera shots from your boat while we are passing cars on the interstate at 90 mph.

The Hedgehog
11-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Mike's doomed...
So is HH :nilly: :nilly:
Calling Roadway shortly...

I noticed that you left Tex out. That was probably a good idea. You never know what he is up to. When he does his next project.....well it will be big. Real big.

roadtrip se
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
as the earliest the noise has started around the AOTH. Very cool...

Thanks Scott for posting the hotel info, get your rooms guys while they are hot!

Frankly, we on the organizing committee haven't even started talking about 2009 yet, so everything but the dates are up for grabs... I do have calls into the team.

So for the theme, we have Z guys making the most noise which we will ignore as always. Only kidding. I go double down every time, but that is just me. The Z boat contingent is looking quite impressive, if they actually show up this year.

Air22 and I hope several others are getting ready to FINALLY make the run down to the Big Lake. Where is Haver, Bertram Boy, and the rest? The Doctor is plotting some strange ritual before Dwight can be included in the proper ranks of the Blue Motor clan.

A little Red Bikini Team versus Blue Tankini Team action on two different SS280 swim platforms is shaping up. The raft-off will NEVER be the same.

Gero has agreed to hold a seminar on parking lot rigging tips, McGyver gas tank repair, and proper line and fender stowage.

Missing in action would be our own Harbormaster. I have heard rumors and actually seen some pictures documenting his ownership of a Classic22. Maybe we can finally get him back.

We have some very significant skunkwerks in process that I am aware of, so get ready for a show like none ever seen in previous years. Beware of the Crits, I hear some of them have developed a real nasty bite. There are some 18's out there that could surprise us all.

Somebody call the Cig Boys...

Fishing Sucks, aka Auctioneer Emertius, needs to report in. I remember some rumbles about a trade show, but with six months notice, he can fix that.

A pre-gathering at Center Hill looks cool...

Keep it coming, keep it coming.

Last Real Texan
11-21-2008, 11:30 AM
:wink:
We'll worry about his next project when it's done, for now he's not on our radar.. :kingme:
Poodle is right....we will wory about it when it is finished. Today I finalized the build out spec on the motor package, should be somewhere around 1000-1100 hp when all is said and done on 93 octane with some boost. My real problem is what drive package to go with for this kind of power....time will tell but you guys don't need to worry with that , the project will not be done by AOTH unless I just decide to put the motor in my current boat just for chits and giggles:nilly::nilly::nilly: any way look forward to seeing all the Hardware after a long winter.
Tex

The Hedgehog
11-21-2008, 11:35 AM
We'll worry about his next project when it's done, for now he's not on our radar.. :kingme:

Ok, so what is done and should be on my radar? I have yet to see any GPS postings that get me concerned:shark:

Last Real Texan
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok, so what is done and should be on my radar? I have yet to see any GPS postings that get me concerned:shark:
Are we taking about MR X here......Cause I know I am not as fast as the Hedgehog by a long shot....you have yet to even hold it open....

Tex

farmer tx
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I have emerged from the darkside and survived. We have been in Austin for 2 days and have 2 more to go. The land of Ohbama and wealth redistribution.(Better not count my chickens before they are hatched huh.) Just made reservations at Jamestown and I promised Robert I would remove my lines this year.:bonk:

roadtrip se
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Just as an FYI, there are rumbles of an OSS offshore race coming to Lake Cumberland in May, 2009 with no specific weekend identified as of yet.

While it would be very cool if this is going on the same weekend we are there as there is plenty of lake to share, rooms could be snapped up pretty quickly at JRM.

Make your reservations early...

gero1
11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
words you need to know how to say. 1- connie. 2- what the he#* was that!

gero1
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
3- dam* nice cigs, dam* fast too

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
None of those are Donzi boats are they??

gero1
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
4- was that a crit? 5- who's the guy with the bandana, that's a wicked 22

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 08:43 PM
LOL, you expect us to post GPS readings? Hah, I fart in your general direction!! :D :D :D

I don't know why classic guys are so secretive about there projects and the speeds they run!!! Oh I may have an idea......

Ted and I started our projects at the same time and I have been looking like an idiot for a year now and not a peep from him. Come on TED!! Give us an update!!

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
BTW..who has the 18 with the Arneson??

The Hedgehog
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't know why classic guys are so secretive about there projects and the speeds they run!!! Oh I may have an idea......

Ted and I started our projects at the same time and I have been looking like an idiot for a year now and not a peep from him. Come on TED!! Give us an update!!

Shhh. you don't have a classic.

The guy in the 18 is GEO. Do a search. He is a cool guy.

I like the way you throw it out there Keith. No Secrets

SilverBack
11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=The Hedgehog;478551]Shhh. you don't have a classic.
The guy in the 18 is GEO. Do a search. He is a cool guy.
I like the way you throw it out there

I know about Geoo but he doesn't have the boat any more.

SilverBack
11-22-2008, 06:49 AM
I know ... Iwas just kidding! I hope that I didn't get anybody mad!

I am just happy the parts are on the truck!

Dr. Dan
11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
:angel:Booked - Not sure which boat I am bringing...

Stay Tuned.

Doc of Shea Restraint Sytems :shades:

undertaker
11-22-2008, 09:28 AM
:angel:Booked - Not sure which boat I am bringing...
Stay Tuned.
Doc of Shea Restraint Sytems :shades:

WHICH BOAT?????.....most likely the slow one....:wink::wink:

Booked also:kingme::kingme:

Undertaker - 22 classic with black motor

Air 22
11-22-2008, 11:52 PM
as the earliest the noise has started around the AOTH. Very cool...
Thanks Scott for posting the hotel info, get your rooms guys while they are hot!
Frankly, we on the organizing committee haven't even started talking about 2009 yet, so everything but the dates are up for grabs... I do have calls into the team.
So for the theme, we have Z guys making the most noise which we will ignore as always. Only kidding. I go double down every time, but that is just me. The Z boat contingent is looking quite impressive, if they actually show up this year.
Air22 and I hope several others are getting ready to FINALLY make the run down to the Big Lake. Where is Haver, Bertram Boy, and the rest? The Doctor is plotting some strange ritual before Dwight can be included in the proper ranks of the Blue Motor clan.
A little Red Bikini Team versus Blue Tankini Team action on two different SS280 swim platforms is shaping up. The raft-off will NEVER be the same.
Gero has agreed to hold a seminar on parking lot rigging tips, McGyver gas tank repair, and proper line and fender stowage.
Missing in action would be our own Harbormaster. I have heard rumors and actually seen some pictures documenting his ownership of a Classic22. Maybe we can finally get him back.
We have some very significant skunkwerks in process that I am aware of, so get ready for a show like none ever seen in previous years. Beware of the Crits, I hear some of them have developed a real nasty bite. There are some 18's out there that could surprise us all.
Somebody call the Cig Boys...
Fishing Sucks, aka Auctioneer Emertius, needs to report in. I remember some rumbles about a trade show, but with six months notice, he can fix that.
A pre-gathering at Center Hill looks cool...
Keep it coming, keep it coming.

Evil #1....:salute:
Booked Room next to Evil #2...Thursday-Sunday...

Working on Mr. Stocker aka Bravo 1..:cool: it will be quite the party...:alky::rock::band::woot:
Looking fwd to my first AOTH...:yes:
Evil #3 ....A Philanthropic Understudy of Beta Lamda Upsilon Epsilon Motors..:kingme:

glashole
11-23-2008, 03:04 PM
booked

:nilly::nilly:

Last Real Texan
11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Booked X 2 rooms and 2 slips......arriving on Thursday.....leaving on Sunday.

Going to be a busy week, Saturday - Sunday @ Nickajack then Monday -Wednesday Center Hill and then Thursday- Sunday Cumberland....oooooo there goes some gas!:shocking:

Looking forward to it.

Tex

The Hedgehog
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Booked X 2 rooms and 2 slips......arriving on Thursday.....leaving on Sunday.
Going to be a busy week, Saturday - Sunday @ Nickajack then Monday -Wednesday Center Hill and then Thursday- Sunday Cumberland....oooooo there goes some gas!:shocking:
Looking forward to it.
Tex

Yes sir. A nice dose of water.

Was at Nickajack yesterday. It was hard to leave.

SilverBack
11-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I hope that I can make it this year!!

BlownCrewCab
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
I hope that I can make it this year!!

Concentrate......

SilverBack
11-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Concentrate......

That is very hard for me...It will be together. I need to hear from you on my project more often though!!!!:wink:

BlownCrewCab
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
That is very hard for me...It will be together. I need to hear from you on my project more often though!!!!:wink:

Deal!!!!!.........I Notice you only have $2.00 left in your casino cash....Damn, If I could front you some I would.....

gero1
11-24-2008, 06:28 AM
your up to 9 this morning, you can do it!

RedDog
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Room and slip booked.

I'll be in the slow boat...

VetteLT193
11-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Anyone ever rent a house boat up there?

roadtrip se
11-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Did it for fifteen summers in a row, before we all bought places up on the hill...
That's UP-on-the-hill, not over-the-hill, okay?

What do you want to know?

VetteLT193
11-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Did it for fifteen summers in a row, before we all bought places up on the hill...
That's UP-on-the-hill, not over-the-hill, okay?
What do you want to know?

is it worth it, fun, etc?

I'm thinking I could rent a houseboat for the weekend (or even a week). Bring the Donzi along, as well as the in-laws to help watch the kids, so I actually have a chance of combining a family vacation and a Donzi event.

BUIZILLA
11-24-2008, 02:28 PM

I'm thinking I could rent a houseboat for the weekend (or even a week). Bring the Donzi along, as well as the in-laws to help watch the kids, so I actually have a chance of combining a family vacation and a Donzi event. when it's all said, done, and paid, it makes perfect sense... :wink:

thinking of putting the coach on a barge... :eek:

roadtrip se
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Jamestown and State Dock, right across the way, both rent houseboats of all sizes and flavors.

You might be able to get a decent pre-season deal out of them too.

The only aggravation I could see with the HB would be commuting in and out of the marina for the dockside events, but that is what the Donzi would be for, right? Tie the HB in a cove, not too far away, and then you have the best of both worlds.

That, or never leave the docks with the HB and utilize it as your dockside boataminium for the weekend. This is what they do during the Poker Run here every year.

bob haver
11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Evil #1....:salute:
Booked Room next to Evil #2...Thursday-Sunday...

Working on Mr. Stocker aka Bravo 1..:cool: it will be quite the party...:alky::rock::band::woot:
Looking fwd to my first AOTH...:yes:
Evil #3 ....A Philanthropic Understudy of Beta Lamda Upsilon Epsilon Motors..:kingme:
no can do dude i don't have a BLUE MOTOR ,if you don't fit you must acquit,besides i am sure bravo 2 will easily handle the smacker on all accounts:yes::shades:

sweet 16 1966
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Just ran across my Jamestown Resort info from this year. If you rent a houseboat from them, be aware of the cancellation fee if less than 45 days which is $500.00. Also a per hour late fee of $100.00 per hour.
2008 rates were-
First Lady- 80 X 17 - sleeps the whole family of 12! $2495- weekend ($4495 week) 6 private cabins.
Presidential- 77 X 16 - sleeps 12 also - 1795 weekend or 3395 for the week.
Delux - 60X 14 - sleeps 8 - $795 weekend or 1495 for the week.

Don't forget the HOT TUB for another $150.

Donzi Vol
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
As of now, DonziRacer and I plan to be there. I'm sure we'll find a boat to bring...haha. Maybe even a very special one :wink:. Crewcab, you in? We'll fix any leaks before launching this time. And cutwater, wherever you are, plan to be kidnapped and dragged to the event if needed! Feel free to bring Courtney (and a friend :yes:) as well.

glashole
11-25-2008, 07:04 AM

I'm thinking I could rent a houseboat for the weekend (or even a week). Bring the Donzi along, as well as the in-laws to help watch the kids, so I actually have a chance of combining a family vacation and a Donzi event.

this would make a perfect final stop in the fun run.................

FISHIN SUCKS
11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Alright, this sucks, I just googled and found that the Queensland Truck Show in Brisbane is 5-14 to 5-17. So, I've got three options:

1. See if a colleague will go for me:)
2. Get a new job:confused:
3. Go to the show, miss AOTH:garfield:

I am not making this a poll because I don't think my low self esteem can handle all of you picking option 3. Nor do I want to have you look at me like the movie 'Animal House' where the guys are trying to decide who to let in the house and say 'we need the dues'!

BUIZILLA
11-25-2008, 10:11 AM
1. See if a colleague will go for me:)
send Barbie with a blue Tankina....

FISHIN SUCKS
11-25-2008, 01:07 PM
send Barbie with a blue Tankina....

Better yet Buiz, I have a strict rule on our boat: NO TANKINIS! ONLY BIKINIS allowed on our boat or less! Tankinis are for quakers:yes:. So if I don't make it, Barbi is all yours :eek:

BUIZILLA
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I didn't say she had to wear it... :wink: :cool:

i've been doing some Tankini research... i'm a thinkin we need to visit the wicked weasel catalog for this event, and save the Tankini's for another time...

FISHIN SUCKS
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
I hear ya!

save the Tankini's for another time...

more like save the receipt and return them:puke:

roadtrip se
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
PAY or call in favors to get a colleague to attend the fricking trade show, and resume your role and responsibility as the auctioneer at AOTH 9.

Tom, others came before you, including the infamous Mike Miller and several more, but you made this carnival show and now the monster must be fed...

Seriously though, let us know so we can start looking for some new talent, if your work gets in the way. You know it wouldn't be the same. I pity the fool that has to follow this act.

As for the Tankini stuff, I think Buiz has located a couple that would make you forget all about the infamous red bikini team...

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Better yet Buiz, I have a strict rule on our boat: NO TANKINIS! ONLY BIKINIS allowed on our boat or less! Tankinis are for quakers:yes:. So if I don't make it, Barbi is all yours :eek:

That's My Dog right there.:kingme:

As for the Tankini stuff, I think Buiz has located a couple that would make you forget all about the infamous red bikini team...

And if Jimbo can get the girls in Wicked Weasels...then I'll forget about all colors and Tankinis and Bikini's and have to have a towel to keep me from drooling on myself and looking like a guy who needs to ride the short bus.

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh, and by the way Trip...I hope you'r not counting on Jill wearing a Blue anything.

She is a Founding and Charter Memeber Emeritus of the Team Jefe Red Bikini Crew...and I fully expect she will be in her RED Regalia for the Saturday Run...to match your RED DONZI 22 SE of course.:shades:

Your motors are covered up when your running.....who cares what color they are:confused:

FISHIN SUCKS
11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
That's My Dog right there.:kingme:

woof :beer:

You guys realize that a tankini is a bathing suit MISTAKE, right? It's a 2-piece 1-piece! What the hell is that? 100 years ago, this might have been considered sexy:frown:! Okay, I'm done, sorry if I offended, just trying to make a clarification here! love, tom

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Tommy, its Ok....Don't be a hater...Its cool man, no worries:bighug:. Jill won't have on a tankini and that's the main thing.

BUIZILLA
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
enough of the Tankini thing... dead subject....my grandmother wore those in the 10's... YUK...

now that that is perfectly clear.... we'll work on plan B

BUIZILLA
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Err, shouldn't that be "Plan WW" ?
since I see you changed your sig..... I ordered your better half a WW catalog.... feel free to consult with me on opinions... :cool:

roadtrip se
11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Jefe, the Blue Tankini thing came from the blue hull sides on the new SS, but you are correct that Jill is a founding member of the Red Bikini Team and the RTSE is a red as they get.

I guess we will just have to let her decide, but it is all good. In the mean time, put me in for one of those WW catalogs, Buiz.

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah....Me too Jim....Me too:fam:

Bubba Dog
11-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I like the sound of that :yes:, please post some pics. Thanks,Bubba

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Here is your basic one....as you can see, they are all the EXACT same COLOR
http://images.wickedweasel.com/shop/bikinis/extra_large/449-00-323.jpg

Team Jefe
11-26-2008, 08:17 PM
My Favorite is teh Microminimus Eyelet mesh...better not post those here:kingme:

The Hedgehog
11-26-2008, 08:52 PM
QUOTE=Team Jefe;479409]Here is your basic one....as you can see, they are all the EXACT same COLOR
http://images.wickedweasel.com/shop/bikinis/extra_large/449-00-323.jpg[/QUOTE]

Those pics remind me of some of beginning scenes of my movies...

:pimptwo::flash::rock:

BUIZILLA
11-26-2008, 08:58 PM
what movies? :shark:

SilverBack
11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
He thinks that he is REALLY Ron Jeremy since he has a 100 mph Donzi now!!:nilly::nilly::nilly:

The Hedgehog
11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
QUOTE=SilverBack;479427]He thinks that he is REALLY Ron Jeremy since he has a 100 mph Donzi now!!:nilly::nilly::nilly:[/QUOTE]

You mean I am not?:pimp:

OK, Ron takes himself more serious than me:smileybo:

boldts
11-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Nice suits no mater what color our ladies choose to wear. As for model (Donzi) for 2009, you ZX guys are pulling pretty hard right now. Just wanted to give everyone a run-down of the models we've celebrated over the years.

2001 - Our 1st year - It was both the Classic and the ZX - Showing all were invited. 2002 - It was a Classic done in our flag red, white and blue, big monster engine and that rat fink driver in remebrance of the inocent Americans lost on 911 of 2001. 2003 - It was the 28' Sportsman. 2004 - It was all the Criterion models. 2005 - It was the Minx. 2006 - We honored Don Aronow the Legend with my favorite shirt so far! It included all the company boats started by Mr. Aronow. 2007 - We honored the Corsican. Last but certainly not going to be least, last year in 2008, we honored the X-18.

So folks put your minds to work and lets come up with a model not yet honored if possible. It's always nice to then see one of the choosen models at the gathering. We've been able to do that most years. We have a special young man who has helped us with the shirt designs the last 5 years. Jeff Dykema has taken an idea and made our gathering shirts come alive for us. I truely hope he will be able to be involved again this upcoming year.

Last Real Texan
11-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Nice suits no mater what color our ladies choose to wear. As for model (Donzi) for 2009, you ZX guys are pulling pretty hard right now. Just wanted to give everyone a run-down of the models we've celebrated over the years.

2001 - Our 1st year - It was both the Classic and the ZX - Showing all were invited. 2002 - It was a Classic done in our flag red, white and blue, big monster engine and that rat fink driver in remebrance of the inocent Americans lost on 911 of 2001. 2003 - It was the 28' Sportsman. 2004 - It was all the Criterion models. 2005 - It was the Minx. 2006 - We honored Don Aronow the Legend with my favorite shirt so far! It included all the company boats started by Mr. Aronow. 2007 - We honored the Corsican. Last but certainly not going to be least, last year in 2008, we honored the X-18.

So folks put your minds to work and lets come up with a model not yet honored if possible. It's always nice to then see one of the choosen models at the gathering. We've been able to do that most years. We have a special young man who has helped us with the shirt designs the last 5 years. Jeff Dykema has taken an idea and made our gathering shirts come alive for us. I truely hope he will be able to be involved again this upcoming year.

My vote is for the Regazza series

Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
11-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I like all the designs that Jeff has done. I like doing a ZX tribute, but if it has to be narrowed down more, I of course am voting for the 28 zx. 2 more cents here, I think it is special that the boats that actually attend the event make the shirt, like the Crits (one of my favorite shirts), the Minx, the Corsican, and of course Don is always remembered. The thing is, I think I can rattle off 5 28ZX's minimum that will be there, can we fit all those on the shirt? Just a thot.

glashole
11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I thought we already voted on this and the blackhawk was going to be the featured boat

RedDog
11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
not to step on the ZX toes, but the Hornet hasn't been honored yet - if it was maybe WALO would may a return appearance

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 10:12 AM
:rock:Wow Scott - way to turn the direction of what was finally getting to be some interesting photo documentation of something that is actually interesting...not that old hard fiberglass resin in different shapes isn't sexy...but come on?

Jefe' it's up to you...:angel: We like the winter warmer pics... more please.

Doc of Hand Warmers:shades:

BigGrizzly
11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Booked and will pack after Miami. I will do prop testing on Thursday as usual, I may have a new style by then for the big boys as well as the mundane 80 MPH crowd like me.

BigGrizzly
11-28-2008, 10:46 AM
BTW I have a good friend who does some photo documentary and adds in both movies and stills. He is willing to come and ride in a larger boat and make movies and stills of the event and sell the disks to Donzi club members- price TBD. He is a friend and has done articles for Trailer Boat and some others too. We will be putting together a package to send the Cumberland Panel. His only issue is he is a Vegetarian. Busting his chops about it is not an option. He has done some pretty neat stuff with a video camera and his computer. Not taking anything from The Trues man. He figures his dis sales would cover his trip We think. He is not your run of the mill photo jockey. He has worked with Honda race team and at Honda Special Projects as a tech for 20+ years.

roadtrip se
11-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Putting the red bikini versus blue tankini discussion and the WW pics aside for just a moment, I do have a line on some pretty decent high quality brushed stainless, bar kick rail tubing that might function well for the poles that everyone seems to think are necessary for the swim suit competition. I know, they are not the brass that some of you might see in some of the places you haunt, but I think the material would work better in a marine environment and the price is right. I might even be able to help with the matching mounting hardware. Interested parties, please contact me via PM. Tom, time to step up. I'll turn down the WHAM and Air Supply for the competition at the raft-off, I promise. As for the finger sandwiches, a man has got to eat, okay?

As for the t-shirt themes and art, I am sure that Jeff appreciates the comments about his great work over the years. I have contacted him in the past week about doing a new club logo and the theme for this year. I am sure it will be great. Just as an FYI, we have a few X-18 shirts that Scott Boldt will be putting up for sale in the next few weeks for those of you want them. Theme suggestions are the Z-line, the Regazza (Um never and we mean never), the Medallion jet boat(repeat never), the Blackhawk, and the Hornet. Thanks for the input, and the committee will announce something shortly.

Grizz, I appreciate the offer of the video and photographer services, but Trueser is the official photographer of the Midwest Donzi Club and AOTH.
He unselfishly donates his time and proceeds to the club, every bit helps to put on a stellar run every year, so we would not need another photographer there to sell his stuff, unless I am missing something here, which is a distinct possibility.

Keep it coming...

BigGrizzly
11-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I know the T man is the official an undaunted photo man. Just a though. I was thinking of the movie angle. which reminds me, please remind me to bring that copy of the Sarasota video I have with Jill in the back seat of Poodles X 18 just sitting there and you guys holding on tight. The Queen of the Sea with her escorts.

Ghost
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Here is your basic one....as you can see, they are all the EXACT same COLOR
http://images.wickedweasel.com/shop/bikinis/extra_large/449-00-323.jpg

I thought a qratuitous quote of this message was in order. I'm just sayin'.

Team Jefe
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
and just to be clear...this is the full ocverage Amish version of the WW:yes:

Donzi Vol
11-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Thanks for all the work you do to keep this event so interesting! I have no doubt that this upcoming year will be great. As for what to honor, what about the Barrel Backs and/or the Triple Hatch. I can't promise that ours will make it, but they're definitely rare boats (BB's-only 1966 thru 1968; Triple-only 1966). Just my two cents...

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for all the work you do to keep this event so interesting! I have no doubt that this upcoming year will be great. As for what to honor, what about the Barrel Backs and/or the Triple Hatch. I can't promise that ours will make it, but they're definitely rare boats (BB's-only 1966 thru 1968; Triple-only 1966). Just my two cents...

:eek::spongebob:Yes and special honarable mention to those "Do Nothings" ... The Somervilles, Jerry & Elizabeth Eisele, Byron Scholle, The Hornes, Tommy the Auctioneer, all the Texas BBQ Freaks, and those that have been laid waste by the likes of the great and outta control SheaMeister.

Nothing for nothing...but this Event is truly organized and put together by quite a few people...but who am I ...

I'm just sayin? :lame2:

Anonymous Cardiac Patient with No Patience :doh:

gero1
12-03-2008, 07:03 AM
thinking about selling the black hawk but would really like to meet some people from here at aoth this spring...mr.x with boat, buzz, just bring one of the fleet, hm, mrs p, all you zx smack talker's, bad tat bring your dam boat back!!!

FISHIN SUCKS
12-03-2008, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=gero1;480410] all you zx smack talker's[QUOTE]

smack talker's.......SMACK TALKER'S......this hurts, these words you say. We just want a little exposure, some love, maybe an occasional hug:bighug:. Sure, it is known that it all started with the Donzi classics, but how about a little love for the Z series? Smack talker, and to say this during the holiday season, this is sad:confused:. Now go and sit in a corner somewhere and think about what you said, mister! Potty-mouth:shocking:!

BigGrizzly
12-03-2008, 10:28 AM
gero1 What is this sell the boat? What is the matter got a girl that can't swim or hates boats? Anyway I will work on Bad-Tat. I don't know where we are but I am having fun!:wink:

gero1
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
fs if you look at post 12 you will see i am the one that wants the z boats to honored this year and if you don't do your duties i will talk bad....very bad about ya heck you can see kangaroo's at any zoo or stay up late at aoth see Shea drive a stolen golf cart, Shea is alot more fun to watch!!!! can't wait to see yall's new ride. might have poped off a price on my boat that i shouldn't have but it will be there for aoth

FISHIN SUCKS
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
post 12? that was 107 posts ago, I cant remember that far ago. I love ya brutha.

So what's this nonsense of you sellin' your boat? what, do you need a bigger fuel tank:wink:?

gero1
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
can't talk i am in my corner

FISHIN SUCKS
12-03-2008, 09:44 PM
LMAO, ROBERT!:fam:

Team Jefe
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Well I'm going to be repin' the Z boats in the Donzi ZF Blackhawk Edition (as dubbed by the Fuzzy One). So I need some other Blackhawk support thre Robert. Besides who else would throw me under teh bus with Cousin It at 2AM:wink:

roadtrip se
12-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Tell Bateman that we love him and we miss him.

Then, tell him to put the Putty Tat up for sale, if he is going to keep hiding it away in the garage.

Finally, tell him that the Blackhawk in all shades and colors, even Shea's, is up for consideration this year as the featured boat for AOTH 9, and it wouldn't be the same without him.

Let me know if sending out a silver-engraved invite from the organizing committee of the MWDC would help, and we will do that also.

As for you Z-guys, Jesus.

glashole
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Is cumberland frozen over yet? we need to have another run like right now like the Lake george guys do

all this chatter is getting me pumped :shocking:

you guys just wanna say f#*k it and get into-er? :nilly::bonk::nilly:

Trueser
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Tell Bateman that we love him and we miss him.

Then, tell him to put the Putty Tat up for sale, if he is going to keep hiding it away in the garage.

Finally, tell him that the Blackhawk in all shades and colors, even Shea's, is up for consideration this year as the featured boat for AOTH 9, and it wouldn't be the same without him.

Let me know if sending out a silver-engraved invite from the organizing committee of the MWDC would help, and we will do that also.

As for you Z-guys, Jesus.

Blackhawks, Robert's thinking about selling his. And why would you have a feature boat that runs out of gas? As far as Shea, well we all know that he owns everything. He is the man. and maybe we should consider golf Cart racing.

Ok lets talk ZX / Z / ZF boats.

Mine 2000 28zx Scorpion
Tom west 2001 28ZX
Rob M 2000 28zx Scorpion Ted's old boat
Matt T, 1986 Z29
SilverBack 1996 25ZX pad problem
LKSD 2006 26ZX
Hedgehog 26ZX
IUHALLS 2000 28ZX Scorpion Currently serving in Irag.
G-man 2000 28zx
Tom 33ZX
Jefe Fish boat 30 ZF
Dr Dan 28Zx Scorpion Giddi up
Kramsay1234 22ZX
RTgogo ZX not sure what one
ShowNGO 2001 28ZX
RumShaker....26zx?
Z-man 2000 28ZX
Fasttrucker 22ZX?
Last Real Texan 27ZX edited.
Bryan Tuvell, 33ZX added.............................will he come?

Rest my case.

Last Real Texan
12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Blackhawks, Robert's thinking about selling his. And why would you have a feature boat that runs out of gas? As far as Shea, well we all know that he owns everything. He is the man. and maybe we should consider golf Cart racing.

Mine 2000 28zx Scorpion
Tom west 2001 28ZX
Matt T, 1986 Z29
LKSD 2006 26ZX
Hedgehog 26ZX
G-man 2000 28zx
Tom 33ZX
Jefe Fish boat ZF
Kramsay1234 22ZX
ShowNGO 2001 28ZX
RumShaker....26zx?
Z-man 2000 28ZX
Fasttrucker 22ZX?

Rest my case.
Hey you forgot me......on purpose maybe but I am still here.....27 ZX

Tex

Trueser
12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry. I was thinking we had one from Texas

AND ZR Boats

undertaker
12-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Dr. Dan 28ZX????did I miss something:)

Rumshaker has a 28ZX fastruckers old boat....

Nice job on the list though...:kingme::kingme:

Undertaker Red boat club member:cool:

SilverBack
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
CJ Mike has a 27 ZX..I think that it is green.

What do you mean..Pad Problem???:wink:

SilverBack
12-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I thought only girls had pad problems? :nilly::boggled::nilly:

That was a good one!!!

FISHIN SUCKS
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
To add to Truesers FINE list:

Beerbaron 22ZX 1997 (Ralph and Kathie)
ShowNGoH2O's ma and pa 38ZR 2007

I'm just sayin........tell Jamestown to add some slips if this all comes through

sweet 16 1966
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Anniversary Editions/ Special Additions is my suggestion...

Last Real Texan
12-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry. I was thinking we had one from Texas

AND ZR Boats
It's ok I am used to being overlooked....kind of like it , lets me plan my sneak attack.

Tex

The Hedgehog
12-04-2008, 09:22 PM
It's ok I am used to being overlooked....kind of like it , lets me plan my sneak attack.
Tex

Sneak and steep. And I thought that an 850 sounded big!

roadtrip se
12-04-2008, 10:45 PM

Mine 2000 28zx Scorpion
Tom west 2001 28ZX
Matt T, 1986 Z29
LKSD 2006 26ZX
Hedgehog 26ZX
G-man 2000 28zx
Tom 33ZX
Jefe Fish boat 30 ZF
Kramsay1234 22ZX
ShowNGO 2001 28ZX
RumShaker....26zx?
Z-man 2000 28ZX
Fasttrucker 22ZX?
Last Real Texan 27ZX edited.

Rest my case.

He has been rumbling about coming out this year.

Geesh, I can't believe I am feeding the animals....

Trueser
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
He has been rumbling about coming out this year.

Geesh, I can't believe I am feeding the animals....

Just think of the wake of 15 or more ZX/Z/ZR In formation...

Did I forget anyone else that may show up.......

SilverBack
12-05-2008, 04:26 AM
We really don't care bout the wakes from the boats behind us.. :pimp::kingme::pimp:

Really:cool:

SilverBack
12-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, that's how us Classic guys roll :) :D

Hey..Since the ZX is out of production..shouldn't it be a classic also?? Just asking!!!:yes::yes::pimp::yes::yes:

gero1
12-05-2008, 06:30 AM
2 years ago....me- grizz where the he*& are we? grizz- i dont know but we are having alot fun!!!....last year...why were alot of you following me and shea???? it was nice to see the bridges at sommerset. wonder what i can do to top all that?????

Last Real Texan
12-05-2008, 08:05 AM
We really don't care bout the wakes from the boats behind us.. :pimp::kingme::pimp:
nice.:thewave::thewave::thewave:

Tex

roadtrip se
12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
The heart and theme of Awakening of the Horses has always been the celebration and enjoyment of the Donzi Classic. Wake’em up and go blow out the cob webs, or maybe a drive or two.

Over the years, we never excluded anybody. Yes, the idea was to celebrate the legacy of Don Aronow by including the family of boats from companies that he had a hand in creating, but then we would have the occasional Eliminator, Stingray, or something of a similar ilk show up and blow that theory out of the water. Last year, the Cig 20s came and put on a great show that most of us in attendance truly enjoyed.

The fact is, we have never excluded anyone. This run has always been about the boats, but more so, it has always been about the friendships created and built at the rallies over the years. Simply put, the AOTH has become a celebration of the beginning of the boating year, primarily by those who own some sort of Donzi Classic, but a strange phenomenon has occurred in this winter season, before the next Awakening occurs in the Spring of 2009.

Yes, it is true. The Z guys are coming. As much as some of us may have tried to tap down their enthusiasm for all things Z, they just keep coming. The Scorpion guys, the single engine lunatic horsepower guys, the 350 comfort cruiser and stripper pole guys, and the 22ZX little guys, the 29s, 33s, and even the occasional OMC guys. They just won’t stop.

Yes, over the years, the Z guys were a great place to let the supposedly, speed-sensitive wives and significant others ride, so we could go run out our over-powered beasts, but then a few of the testosterone over-run and adrenaline satiated Classic guys started to notice something. All of the ladies were riding with the Z guys. Some were even brutally open about the whole Z thing and created stuff like the infamous Red Bikini team to celebrate the beauty and numbers of our lovely ladies that seem to congregate around the Z guys. I noticed, did you?

This year the Z guys are REALLY coming. Trueser has posted the names of many of you that have an interest in bringing a Z boat to the AOTH9. The list is long and it is hard to ignore. Is it my imagination or are there all of a sudden just a whole bunch of you guys? The real question is, how many of you have already booked rooms for the run? Or will all of this noise just die down to a whisper and we will have the typical four or five Z guys that show up every year.

So the simple question I have, and the organizing committee for the MWDC has is,

If we make this the official YEAR OF THE Z, how many of you are actually going to show up?

You are close, but just that, close. Time to commit. We'll get back to you.

Last Real Texan
12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
The heart and theme of Awakening of the Horses has always been the celebration and enjoyment of the Donzi Classic. Wake’em up and go blow out the cob webs, or maybe a drive or two.
Over the years, we never excluded anybody. Yes, the idea was to celebrate the legacy of Don Aronow by including the family of boats from companies that he had a hand in creating, but then we would have the occasional Eliminator, Stingray, or something of a similar ilk show up and blow that theory out of the water. Last year, the Cig 20s came and put on a great show that most of us in attendance truly enjoyed.
The fact is, we have never excluded anyone. This run has always been about the boats, but more so, it has always been about the friendships created and built at the rallies over the years. Simply put, the AOTH has become a celebration of the beginning of the boating year, primarily by those who own some sort of Donzi Classic, but a strange phenomenon has occurred in this winter season, before the next Awakening occurs in the Spring of 2009.
Yes, it is true. The Z guys are coming. As much as some of us may have tried to tap down their enthusiasm for all things Z, they just keep coming. The Scorpion guys, the single engine lunatic horsepower guys, the 350 comfort cruiser and stripper pole guys, and the 22ZX little guys, the 29s, 33s, and even the occasional OMC guys. They just won’t stop.
Yes, over the years, the Z guys were a great place to let the supposedly, speed-sensitive wives and significant others ride, so we could go run out our over-powered beasts, but then a few of testosterone over-run and adrenaline satiated Classic guys started to notice something. All of the ladies were riding with the Z guys. Some were even brutally open about the whole Z thing and created stuff like the infamous Red Bikini team to celebrate the beauty and numbers of our lovely ladies that seem to congregate around the Z guys. I noticed, did you?
This year the Z guys are REALLY coming. Trueser has posted the names of many of you that have an interest in bringing a Z boat to the AOTH9. The list is long and it is hard to ignore. Is it my imagination or are there all of a sudden just a whole bunch of you guys? The real question is, how many of you have already booked rooms for the run? Or will all of this noise just die down to a whisper and we will have the typical four or five Z guys that show up every year.
So the simple question I have, and the organizing committee for the MWDC has is,
If we make this the official YEAR OF THE Z, how many of you are actually going to show up?
You are close, but just that, close. Time to commit. We'll get back to you.
Rooms Booked, and slips Booked X 2 for two insane Guys with Big HP single ZX's, we are coming and bringing lots of party favors and liquid lubricatioin for the soul.

Tex

RedDog
12-05-2008, 08:49 AM
...The real question is, how many of you have already booked rooms for the run? Or will all of this noise just die down to a whisper and we will have the typical four or five Z guys that show up every year...

Now you have stepped in it. The Z guys will be booking excess rooms and blocking the Classics out of the lodge - and then the Zs won't show...

Just glad I already have my room and slip

roadtrip se
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I guess the Classic guys had better step it up and get their rooms reserved.

Seriously though, if we end up with an issue with blocked rooms, then we can start booking into the State Dock just across the creek from Jamestown. I hope we have that problem.

Jerry let me know yesterday that there are still rooms and cabins available at Jamestown, better snap them up!

Could be the "Year of the Z"!

RedDog
12-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Room booked, and slip for the bow rider...
Or, something totally different :D :D :D

Classic bow riders - gotta love 'em

Trueser
12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Do we have a list of all the feature boats since the start of AOTH?

Why cant we have a Z series and a classic series together.

This could be one of the largest turnouts!

Any Cig / Magnum guys joining in yet?

Trueser
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
You Z guys have a hard time keeping up doncha? :D :D :D

153 Post already give me a break. Don't you have a boat to strip.

And look another 28ZX scorpion popped up. " DONZI28ZX 2002 "

onesubdrvr
12-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Motors off the back, gauges out, debating on which jackplate to use..

Let me know the end result,... I may end up with a bench seat 16 O/B.

Wayne

Trueser
12-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Motors off the back, gauges out, debating on which jackplate to use..

What about the bow rider?

BUIZILLA
12-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Let me know the end result,... I may end up with a bench seat 16 O/B. Wayne that'll be one porpoising mo fo right there... :bonk:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-06-2008, 06:58 AM
And look another 28ZX scorpion popped up. " DONZI28ZX 2002 "

Who's is that???? This inquiring mind wants to know:yes:. Is it Doc?

Trueser
12-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Who's is that???? This inquiring mind wants to know:yes:. Is it Doc?

Unless he also moved to Ohio, I don't think so.

Hopefully adding another one to the list.

Maybe we can out number the Classics?

Donzi Vol
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Out number them???

One good REDneck single ZX is worth any 10 little classics!! Any day of the week!!

Hmmmmm...

gero1
12-07-2008, 06:16 AM
i am looking forward to the z boats this year, pretty impressive hardware

roadtrip se
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Envelope please....

After much discussion by the organizing committee and intense lobbying from the Donzi community as a whole,

The Midwest Donzi Club proudly annouces the Theme Boat for the Awakening of the Horses IX will be...

[snare drum], [snare drum], [snare drum]...

"The Year of the Z"

Make us proud men...

Team Jefe
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
All of the ladies were riding with the Z guys. Some were even brutally open about the whole Z thing and created stuff like the infamous Red Bikini team to celebrate the beauty and numbers of our lovely ladies that seem to congregate around the Z guys. I noticed, did you?

Dam# fellas the jig is up...they figured out our plot, those crafty Classic guys.....I guess we just draw too much attention.

and I don't care what Gero says....Sommerville can be pretty sharp at times.

For sure Z RED BIKINI Boat will be there.

All kidding aside it ain't about the model....its about the fellowship...and I owe you a road trip story about how great AOTH 8 was...stay tuned:wink:

The Hedgehog
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice going. Tex already has my room booked. It should be a good event

cherry82482
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
This is probably the most stupid question I've ever asked on this forum but here it goes. What does AOTH stand for? I do know it's a big donzi gathering that takes place at lake cumberland, May 15th through the 19th.

Trueser
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
This is probably the most stupid question I've ever asked on this forum but here it goes. What does AOTH stand for? I do know it's a big donzi gathering that takes place at lake cumberland, May 15th through the 19th.

Awakening of the Horses

SilverBack
12-07-2008, 05:29 PM
What is the name of the place across the lake from Jamestown? Is it an ok place? Do they have slips to rent?

Trueser
12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I just cancelled my room :eek: :bonk: :lookaroun:

wawawa

I owe you a ride without the chine walk....

Sam
12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Reso made, I'll start working Doug Lovins now. It will take him a while to get all his duct tape and glue packed :lifeprese:.

BUIZILLA
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll either be sleeping in the Tankini cockpit, on the swim platform, or across the top of a dockbox, shouldnt be hard to find me :lookaroun:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
All kidding aside it ain't about the model....its about the fellowship...
HERE HERE MY BRUTHA, can't say it any better to encourage others to come to this event that have never been or have missed a few years.

Thanx to the members of the commitee, I think you have made the right decision on the Z. Now, back to work on mounting this stripper pole:eek:

Air 22
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I'll either be sleeping in the Tankini cockpit, on the swim platform, or across the top of a dockbox, shouldnt be hard to find me :lookaroun:

Just follow the trail of $1.00 bills and u will find Jim...:kingme::pimp:

gero1
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
bring it haff-fee!!!! me, you, at the bike racks after school!!!!!!!!

gero1
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
stay at jamestown or your me and you will be at the bike racks when i get done jefe

Team Jefe
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM

Silly Robert...have you been drinking that moonshine again:boggled: :shocking:......:wink:

roadtrip se
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
You two take it to the bike rack and hurry up, Tom and I need some help with these poles already...

roadtrip se
12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Damn, no matter what I typed, there is no witty response to that statement that won't get me in truble with someone..

I got to take care of this punk out by the bike rack, or Gero, do you think you've got time to whoop Poodle, after your done with Jefe?

Tom and I have got work to do.

BigGrizzly
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Here we go again, room booked with slip. Again don't know whether to bring the bow rider or the Corsican and arrive to lee3s ford and not get lost. I really don't care if the ZX is a featured boat or not. Its not my fault these guys are getting old and can't take the sporty ride anymore.:wink:

Trueser
12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Here we go again, room booked with slip. Again don't know whether to bring the bow rider or the Corsican and arrive to lee3s ford and not get lost. I really don't care if the ZX is a featured boat or not. Its not my fault these guys are getting old and can't take the sporty ride anymore.:wink:

LOL

We can still have another feature boat along with the Z boats. If you are thinking of attending this event I would call and get your room booked up.

Shea,
Make sure you bring an extra set of keys.

RedDog
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
... I really don't care if the ZX is a featured boat or not. Its not my fault these guys are getting old and can't take the sporty ride anymore.:wink:

Now that is a good one! Way to call it like it is Big Griz:wink:

The Hedgehog
12-08-2008, 06:05 PM

Bike racks hell, I prefered to settle it in the parking lot behind the gym..late in the day....you know, when there are no teachers or people around to break things up...maybe head home first to throw on some steel tow boots and a grab a penny roll. That way there are no questions when I am done about who won. :pimp: Then maybe make off with someones girl. :rock: Ouch, did I say that?:shocking:

Jerry Eisele
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Room and dock booked!!:bighug:

Trueser
12-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Now that is a good one! Way to call it like it is Big Griz:wink:

OK Nice

roadtrip se
12-08-2008, 10:56 PM
C'mon guys, don't force me to put Donzi stickers on the kayak to make a point. Classic or Z, it's all good, but this year it's the Z guys turn to shine. I could just let the flowerpot sit on the trailer and pace a piece of the poker run from the trusty, old Donzi kayak. Cool?

It's the holiday season, so why don't we all celebrate a little cheer, good tidings, and all of that kind of stuff, AND be thankful we still have the opportunity to own one of these things?

Or Hedgy, Gero, I, and bunch of others could meet you behind the gym with a little something to help you straighten out the attitude. Pow, right in the kisser!

I better start working on my rowing technique.

The Hedgehog
12-09-2008, 05:54 AM
:drunk:
C'mon guys, don't force me to put Donzi stickers on the kayak to make a point. Classic or Z, it's all good, but this year it's the Z guys turn to shine. I could just let the flowerpot sit on the trailer and pace a piece of the poker run from the trusty, old Donzi kayak. Cool?
It's the holiday season, so why don't we all celebrate a little cheer, good tidings, and all of that kind of stuff, AND be thankful we still have the opportunity to own one of these things?
Or Hedgy, Gero, I, and bunch of others could meet you behind the gym with a little something to help you straighten out the attitude. Pow, right in the kisser!
I better start working on my rowing technique.

I am down with the Holiday cheer idea.

Drinks for everyone!

Team Jefe
12-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey there pee-wee....My pole is ready already, has always been ready and always will be ready....No need for prep or Fluff time for me:kingme:

That being said, Trip is right... this is the Holiday's and that's all about giving. So my gift to you all......

At Cumberland, go on and run your little pocket rockets like bats-outtahell have a great time, slap each other on the backs and all that male bonding stuff......I'll take care of all the ladies on my slow old fish sled and do some bonding of my own (remember that pole I spoke of earlier:wink:)

And no bike rack, or parking lot for me.....I'm a lover not a fighter:bighug:

......still I owe Robert for throwinig me under the bus with Cousin It:cool:

glashole
12-09-2008, 06:43 AM
how would one get a ride on a fish boat with the girls?

that sounds like a ton more fun than spanking a bunch of Z boats like a red-headed step child

BUIZILLA
12-09-2008, 06:53 AM
trying to steal chicks from the Blue Team huh?

bogart boy :lookaroun:

BigGrizzly
12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
The real funny id when I see the featured boat on the shirt all I see is Donzi on it. Now I would have a problem if fountain or Bayliner etc. was proclaimed the featured boat. It would then be a time to cancel my reservation.:shocking: You guys are pushing it Remember the year of the flat head screws.

glashole
12-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I would assume that once they see the light and come to their senses they will switch on thier own to the red team

speaking of t-shirts however, is it ok to come to the event and not take the shirt?

I just can't see wearing a t-shirt that doesn't have a real Donzi on it

Unless someone else wants it ...........

roadtrip se
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
We need to make sure your "special" t-shirt has a few "accessories" (like snaps and buckles in stainless, of course) and perhaps a "special" hat too (with an integrated muzzle) for the big deal-est of all big deals.

Remember Dr. Dan, you have volunteered to be on Shea detail this year. Everybody has their role at these things.

FISHIN SUCKS
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
We need to make sure your "special" t-shirt has a few "accessories" (like snaps and buckles in stainless, of course) and perhaps a "special" hat too (with an integrated muzzle) for the big deal-est of all big deals.
Remember Dr. Dan, you have volunteered to be on Shea detail this year. Everybody has their role at these things.
See photo below; this is what you are working with here.....a POSER! A FOREIGN:canada: POSER (hull registration proves it). It won't be easy, it aint pretty, this needs a total makeover:shocking:

Jerry Eisele
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Now that would make a real Tshirt!!!:cool:

BUIZILLA
12-09-2008, 06:36 PM
he won't look good in a red or blue bikini... :shocking:

gero1
12-09-2008, 09:15 PM
jefe ia m sorry for all my sinning last year, if you take me fishing (with the hotties) i will bring a peace offering..kay? shea we are going to have BIG fun, i think we can out run dr.d

gero1
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
we will all have one for zimm if he can't make it, my son get's in on the 15th from the sand box

Team Jefe
12-09-2008, 09:21 PM
how would one get a ride on a fish boat with the girls?

that sounds like a ton more fun than spanking a bunch of Z boats like a red-headed step child

jefe ia m sorry for all my sinning last year, if you take me fishing (with the hotties) i will bring a peace offering..kay? shea we are going to have BIG fun, i think we can out run dr.d

Gents - tickets go on sale in January, but you two can get a backstage pass as my special gift.

trying to steal chicks from the Blue Team huh?

bogart boy :lookaroun:

Jim - don't worry, We will have some special Gifts for the ladies as well.....all RED baby (as shea said)

WOW Trip thanks for the heads up....this giving thing is fun:)

glashole
12-10-2008, 06:19 AM
[quote=Team Jefe;481730]Gents - tickets go on sale in January, but you two can get a backstage pass as my special gift.

I am flattered, maybe even a little curious but I am going to have to say that I'm not into that type of thing

would love to ride in your boat though

Team Jefe
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
You're killin' me Shea.....Back stage with the ladies....I think the snow is getting to you already.

gero1
12-12-2008, 07:10 AM
are the cig's coming this year?

Jerry Eisele
12-12-2008, 07:47 AM
They plan on coming, but we don't have a count yet. Byran is our point guard with the Cig. group, we'll keep you posted. The Lipship group really have enjoyed the event and have posted some great comments on OSO and other sites.
You can count on some being there!

Thanks,

ITTLFLI
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
are the cig's coming this year?

The "Lipship crew" is in as well as the Michigan and Long Island( :shocking: ) ciggys! Hopefully some of the LOTO 20's will join us as well!

zelatore
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
While looking for some billet clamps, I came across this:

http://www.lilmynx.com/

Coincidence? I think not.

zelatore
12-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Shortly after I posted that link, I got an email from a client. Below is a excerpt:
^^^^^^^^
b) I am finally getting settled down and getting serious about my dating, so I went to a dance place today. What they do on those poles is amazing. That got me talking to one about putting a pole on my yacht (I didn't knowt they sell them! Holy gravy.) They have professional "poles" with carrying cases. I am way to conservative. Anyway, I talked to the premier dance pole company today and he said he has installed them in yachts before. I just have to know where the brace is on the salon ceiling to screw the mount into. Thus my question. Does Carver have a blueprint or something showing dimensions that I can locate the bracing? since the ceiling is covered in fabric, I can't even see what is going on there.
^^^^^^^^

So, as you can see, this is legitimate work. I may have to visit some of these places for research. (I haven't done that type of research in years!)

roadtrip se
12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
As I hinted at earlier, OSS has confirmed an offshore race for the same weekend as AOTH this year.

Should be pretty cool, but this is going to put the demand on rooms around Lake Cumberland at a premium.

http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/events.cfm

Now back to your regularily scheduled pole discussion...

Air 22
12-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Todd..."We're gonna need a bigger boat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqsccuuXJD8
LMAO....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIn4K4z_RV4&feature=related
.....cheers....:cool::kingme:

Jim's gonna need an O2 Tank....lol:)

Air 22
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
And a defibrillator... :nilly::nilly:

Well... he better start practicing....You Play like you Practice:kingme:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-16-2008, 04:56 PM
So, as you can see, this is legitimate work.
blah blah blah, whatever Don! you don't lie to me, you lie to girls! That's the man code:yes:

Air 22
12-16-2008, 06:19 PM
It's O-taaaaay mon, Rasta mon trained me on how to use a defibrillator... :shocking::shocking::kingme:

Ok that makes 2 of us..:wink:..I'll bring a spare defibrillator from the jet...lol:shocking:...maybe we should get him a La-Z-Boy Recliner w/a built in 5 Point Harness for safety...:kingme:

Trueser
12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
And some boxing gloves:bonk:

widowmaker
12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
We're in, room reserved and slip secured.

Air 22
12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Ohhh the possibilities R endless for Pole Fashion...:kingme:

Air of Professional Dancing Pole Management.....:)

Team Jefe
12-18-2008, 06:08 AM
I think a Rocket Launcher (fishing rod holder to the un-indoctrinated) would be the perfect recepticle for a POLE. Lets's see 1....2...3...4....5...6, well there should be enough POLE to go around :kingme:

rumshaker
12-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Shelley and I are booked! We can't wait to see everyone again. It's going to be a long haul from florida this time with the heavier 28zx.

BUIZILLA
12-18-2008, 07:26 AM
still never understood this cowbell thing..

FISHIN SUCKS
12-18-2008, 07:49 AM
This year after AOTH, the board asked attendees to evaluate the event to see what the people would like to see more/less of. Shea mentioned that the event could use more 'cowbell'. The attached should explain where he is coming from. Okay, I tried and dont know how to up load a file from youtube. So, until someone knows how to do this, go to youtube.com and type in 'snl cowbell skit', and play the 'original' one at the top of the list. Funny chit

Last Real Texan
12-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Looks like if everybody who has posted they are booked shows up there will be a ton of hardware to see from mild to wild for the Donzi folks, This looks like it will be full of Z boats for sure and will definately be a blast! Looking forward to the noise we will all be making. Now the question I know I want to have answered as well as the HH and a couple others....Where do we get some 100 or 110 Octane around there. I don't really need it but when I go out and flog on the beast for extended runs I like to mix 10-15 or so gallons of good stuff 110 just for the insurance factor...I know lake cumberland has to have some there close by.

If all the Z boats with big motors show up the fuel burn should be excessive...I am probably looking at 100 gallons for the 2 days and another 100 for the 2 days prior @ Center Hill and another 100 for the prior 2 days at nickajack running back and forth to Chatanooga...

so 300 Gallons for the boat and add another 80-90 or so in diesel for the tow rig and ouch .....hope the fuel keeps dropping!:crossfing:

Tex

ITTLFLI
12-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Where do we get some 100 or 110 Octane around there.
Tex

BP in town (Jamestown) sells 110! :wink: :nilly:

Air 22
12-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Jim...a lil refresher...:kingme:

Will Farrell is awsome...Doesn't his hair dew look familiar hmmmmm??:biggrin.::biggrin.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOHY7Z5eaQ

BigGrizzly
12-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Ted now we are talking. Rumshaker I now have the prop back from an un named lawyer.

rumshaker
12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
What size pitch is it? Right now I have a 4 blade 26 pitch labed from throttle up. I'm running around 78 GPS with 1-2 foot chop @5400-5500 RPM.

Ted now we are talking. Rumshaker I now have the prop back from an un named lawyer.

BigGrizzly
12-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I know exactly what prop you have. It was Truvell's original labbed special. We are going to go a different direction. It cost nothing to try, only to buy.

rumshaker
12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok Grizz sounds good!

I know exactly what prop you have. It was Truvell's original labbed special. We are going to go a different direction. It cost nothing to try, only to buy.

BeerBaron
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Holiday message from Skidmark.

OSS offshore racing group has a race schedule at Lake Cumberland the same weekend as the 2009 AOTH gathering. Jamestown Resort reports rooms are going fast, better make a reservation asap.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Ralph, Kathie & Skidmark:boat:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Room and slip booked!

According to the lady I booked with at the resort today, her computer showed that there were only 12 rooms left. I didn't ask about the cabins or anything like that.

Last Real Texan
12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Double checked....I have two suites booked with two slips....she says suites face the docks. Should be fun with the race boats around, really willl put us all in our places, can anyone say reality check?

Tex

RedDog
12-18-2008, 05:14 PM
...I am probably looking at 100 gallons for the 2 days a...

So Tex, why are you holding back? We little stock Classics burn more than that at AOTH. You got one of those green-economy model Donzis?

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

roadtrip se
12-18-2008, 05:44 PM
You got one of those green-economy model Donzis?

You have one of the only GREEN Classic 22s I have ever seen, so quit your bragging. As for saving fuel, if you go GREEN on me again and poke around in the back like you did last year during the poker run, you just might find a 28SS drafting in your wake! Trust me, it won't be hard to spot. Just look for some guy from South Florida with a big grin on his face and bugs between his teeth looking to "HELP" you out. Be aware that he might be slightly distracted with all of the blue tankin team members riding shot gun.

Burn it, if you got it baby! No excuses, driving a GREEN 502MAG-powered 22....

BUIZILLA
12-18-2008, 06:26 PM
RT, I trust the Whipples will be on by then? :crossfing:

or send it down here to be SURE they are on by then :yes:

Last Real Texan
12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
So Tex, why are you holding back? We little stock Classics burn more than that at AOTH. You got one of those green-economy model Donzis?
Nope just touting the fuel economy of the big HP single...

Not! just being conservative because well, hell I don't know . I have never been there and I am not sure how much running you guys do, seems last year I saw the boats at the dock more that not and it looked like you guys were a bunch of Dock Queens! I am in for burning as much as possible, 100 -200 whatever it takes, and make sure you check the spfetzer valves and add some 50 weight ball bearings to the mix, it should be fine then...that means I am having fun.

Tex

roadtrip se
12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
After all of the registering and insurance checking, trash talking, tire kicking, skunkwerks results admiring, golf car stealing, prop switching, last minute parking lot rigging, and laggard rounding upping, we head on out.

Then, we usually run about a hundred miles per day. And I mean RUN.

Secret with the single engine boat is to make it back to the docks. I was successful at this, even with two dead or ailing drives on two different boats last year, save the exciting end-of-day at the dock arrival theatrics. I still owe HedgeHog for his help with corraling the red beast.

The Hedgehog
12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I will bring the gauze pads and ball bearings. It is all ball bearings these days.

RT and the whipples? Hmm. Does he have some sort of scorp 28ZX project to embarrass the big single engine folks? Or maybe the whipples on the cruiser.

roadtrip se
12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
don't belong in the same twisted sentence together. Buiz will be in the SS and I will or Jill will be in the SE, BEHIND you picking up the shrapnel resulting from the single engine implosions... the tows of shame can be very expensive in terms of the brain damage and are normally well documented,
just ask Gero about his very thirsty, out of gas incident last year.

If you single engine, Z-guys really want some fun, how about chasing down the OSS race boats during their test runs. Nothing would look better than a single engine Donzi with "Fountain-Killer" scrawled on the side. Just imagine.... the fame, the glory, the infamy....

Are you up for it? As I always say, put the dogs on the hunt, when they are really, really hungry. Us poor Classic guys will enjoy the show...

RedDog
12-18-2008, 07:37 PM
You have one of the only GREEN Classic 22s I have ever seen, so quit your bragging. As for saving fuel, if you go GREEN on me again and poke around in the back like you did last year during the poker run, you just might find a 28SS drafting in your wake! Trust me, it won't be hard to spot. Just look for some guy from South Florida with a big grin on his face and bugs between his teeth looking to "HELP" you out. Be aware that he might be slightly distracted with all of the blue tankin team members riding shot gun.
Burn it, if you got it baby! No excuses, driving a GREEN 502MAG-powered 22....

RT - I don't need your smack! I was one of the wounded last year with crapped drive and had to limp in for several miles at idle after about the 3rd card. Sorry to see you are getting so old and decrepit that you are now in one of those water-ZXs - oops I mean water-RVs... I guess you just needed somewhere to set down to pee :shocking:

BUIZILLA
12-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Sorry to see you are getting so old and decrepit that you are now in one of those water-ZXs - oops I mean water-RVs... ahemmmm :) I resent, I mean resemble, that remark :yes:

onesubdrvr
12-18-2008, 07:55 PM
If you single engine, Z-guys really want some fun, how about chasing down the OSS race boats during their test runs. Nothing would look better than a single engine Donzi with "Fountain-Killer" scrawled on the side. Just imagine.... the fame, the glory, the infamy....

Are you up for it? As I always say, put the dogs on the hunt, when they are really, really hungry. Us poor Classic guys will enjoy the show...
Hell, I'll make a 2' x 4' banner ar a flag that has "Fountain Killer" on it for the big guys to carry around for that! But, I've got to see video of the "after math"

Wayne

The Hedgehog
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
don't belong in the same twisted sentence together. Buiz will be in the SS and I will or Jill will be in the SE, BEHIND you picking up the shrapnel resulting from the single engine implosions... the tows of shame can be very expensive in terms of the brain damage and are normally well documented,
just ask Gero about his very thirsty, out of gas incident last year.

Easy there Todd, I seem to remember helping somone with a nice red Donzi get on the trailer last year. You know, someone with a blown drive.

Now the brain damage after Tex and I grenade some drives....well that is probably a certainty. The brain damage thing will probably happen anyway. :hangum:

Am I up for making an ass out of myself? Always!:pimp:

Don't worry, if I take a tow of shame there willl be drinks for all!

roadtrip se
12-18-2008, 08:47 PM
RT - I don't need your smack! I was one of the wounded last year with crapped drive and had to limp in for several miles at idle after about the 3rd card. Sorry to see you are getting so old and decrepit that you are now in one of those water-ZXs - oops I mean water-RVs... I guess you just needed somewhere to set down to pee :shocking:

Me four.... on the geriatric crusier. The gray is creeping all over the scalp, so guilty as charged, but 55 mph and all the comforts of home is an okay compromise to accepting the getting old thingy. And the SE is still available when needed.

Tim, I chased you on the first part of the run last year, just to make sure we are on the same page, so I wasn't ribbing you about a broken drive. I can relate to that, if you remember having enjoyed it twice last year.

This is the year of the Z, so give these guys a bit of a break would ya? That was the only intent of my throwing some stuff your way, as some of your posts have been a bit on the aggressive side. Not that they deserve a free pass, but a little humor mixed in wouldn't hurt. Peace...

So Wayne, I say print that "Fountain Killer" flag off for AOTH9. Obviously, we are going to need it.

The Hedgehog
12-18-2008, 08:48 PM

Priceless!

roadtrip se
12-18-2008, 09:07 PM
After all of the registering and insurance checking, trash talking, tire kicking, skunkwerks results admiring, golf car stealing, prop switching, last minute parking lot rigging, and laggard rounding upping, we head on out.
Then, we usually run about a hundred miles per day. And I mean RUN.
Secret with the single engine boat is to make it back to the docks. I was successful at this, even with two dead or ailing drives on two different boats last year, save the exciting end-of-day at the dock arrival theatrics. I still owe HedgeHog for his help with corraling the red beast.

Moonshine is on me this year, dude!

onesubdrvr
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
So Wayne, I say print that "Fountain Killer" flag off for AOTH9. Obviously, we are going to need it.

It will be done,... I'll throw some ideas around, but I'm thinking the Fountain logo with cross hairs, or a (/) (no smoking type logo), with Fountain Killer underneath it :yes:

Come on boys, let's show 'em how it's done in a Donzi

Wayne

Air 22
12-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow...this thread just gets better n better...:wink: I cant wait...my first AOTH...and the fireworks have already begun...
OSS the same weekend, Cig' 20's..100mph+ Zx's, 16's, 18,s 22C's, Crits, 28 SS Dancing Poles w more Cow Bell, Blue Tankini Contests, 100mi runs...and I mean run'n on those run's, Moonshine:alky:, Golf Cart Proliferations:drive:, Outdrive Demolitions:smash:, Whipples n Nipples :kingme:& Prochargers, Beer...lots O Beer:beer: 350's 337's, 454's 496's, 502's, HP500's, HP525's, 540's etc, Fountain Killing Run's w Hull Graphic's/Banners stating just so:biggrin.:, Professional Race Boat Drivers...Smack...lots O smack...:yes::cool:....And this is just the tip of the iceberg.....how can anyone afford NOT to be there...:bighug::wink:

Air of AOTH Anticipations and Blue Motor Aquisition's ...:kingme:

The Hedgehog
12-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Moonshine is on me this year, dude!

I will take a couple of hits of the lightning just to prove my manhood.

I have yet to figure out what my camp will be serving but something tells me it better be good!:shocking:

The real question is what I will be wearing when I make an ass out of myself with Wayne's banner. A batman costume? Darth Vader outfit? Hmmm:nilly:

What do you think Tex?

RedDog
12-19-2008, 06:46 AM
...Not that they deserve a free pass, but a little humor mixed in wouldn't hurt...

seemed pretty funny from my side of the LCD - hey its Christmas. Don't be so sensitive.

Merry Christmas!

gero1
12-19-2008, 06:56 AM
gero is outa gas, gero is outa gas, bla bla bla! you had better get busy with the lil red dingy cause i will be looking for you. the big black bit&^ will running strong!!!!!!!

ITTLFLI
12-19-2008, 07:40 AM
gero is outa gas, gero is outa gas, bla bla bla! you had better get busy with the lil red dingy cause i will be looking for you. the big black bit&^ will running strong!!!!!!!

Somehow while reading your post i visualized you running around the house "spanking" the air while holding a bottle in the other hand:drunk::alky:......whatever the case it seems we are all wound up for the event this year! Bring it!! :rock:

Last Real Texan
12-19-2008, 07:56 AM
The real question is what I will be wearing when I make an ass out of myself with Wayne's banner. A batman costume? Darth Vader outfit? Hmmm:nilly:
What do you think Tex?
I am thinking hmmmmmm, maybe a Sweedish Tank Helmet along with a white cape and the Reggie G-Money chain with chunks of the grenaded drive hanging from it. Oh and you really must Dawn the Speedo that goes with the cape, you know it completes the outfit. You will be called Capt. Reggie Sanchez......on the prowl for twin engine villians that sport the Beek...Able to smoke the twin with the single push of the throttle and the occasional cat with a little more trim. You will go down in the history books as the super hero that every one loves, and wants to become:rock:. All done in a ZX boat that some call an SUV on the water....Generations will talk about it forever and then it will be illustrated on the limstone walls of the Kentucky Lakes for all those to see forever, you will be a legend amongst legends, ...:shark:
Consider it ....you will be the :kingme:
Tex

Team Jefe
12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
seemed pretty funny from my side of the LCD - hey its Christmas. Don't be so sensitive.

Merry Christmas!

I thought so too....."Sit down to pee" that's priceless......maybe the new repalcement for "I'm Kind of-a bnig deal around here":yes:

I'm juiced for sure.....At least 3 boats making the trek from SE Texas, plus the Farmer with some new kinda Critter.

And Guys, not sure how to say this....but sadly, the Blue Tankini will really not Be in the contest...really there is no contest, its all about a Celebration of the RED BIKINI :kingme:

Last Real Texan
12-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought so too....."Sit down to pee" that's priceless......maybe the new repalcement for "I'm Kind of-a bnig deal around here":yes:

I'm juiced for sure.....At least 3 boats making the trek from SE Texas, plus the Farmer with some new kinda Critter.

And Guys, not sure how to say this....but sadly, the Blue Tankini will really not Be in the contest...really there is no contest, its all about a Celebration of the RED BIKINI :kingme:
Tankini's , Bikini's, Titties and Beer....it's alll good, I do however prefer the Bikini and in red is just a bonus!

Tex

BigGrizzly
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
This is getting funnier by the post. Some guy comes in last week and wants a couple of 900s for an Eliminator for Cumberland and Garry says isn't that a Donzi event? The guy almost died. I don't think OSS knows yet. I explained it to Garry when I got to see him.

BUIZILLA
12-19-2008, 09:39 AM
suite and slip booked...

fogducker III
12-19-2008, 09:54 AM
So how hard is it going to be to find a place to sleep at AOTH if we don't book a room? With OSS as well as the, what appears to be, a large number of Donzi brethren, it sounds like things will be tight?

The problem Jacqui and I have is being such a long distance, over 2700 miles, we are not sure when we will be there and pending any unforseen problems are not really keen on booking and having to pay if we are not able to get there...?

I know, we sound cheap but we really will be on a tight budget to make this happen..........:frown:

Trueser
12-19-2008, 10:04 AM
The booking of the room cost 54.00.

Maybe we should start a list of attendees!

BUIZILLA
12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I will take a couple of hits of the lightning just to prove my manhood. rumor has it your bringing your Sybian? anonymous :lookaroun:

undertaker
12-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow...this thread just gets better n better...:wink: I cant wait...my first AOTH...and the fireworks have already begun...
OSS the same weekend, Cig' 20's..100mph+ Zx's, 16's, 18,s 22C's, Crits, 28 SS Dancing Poles w more Cow Bell, Blue Tankini Contests, 100mi runs...and I mean run'n on those run's, Moonshine:alky:, Golf Cart Proliferations:drive:, Outdrive Demolitions:smash:, Whipples n Nipples :kingme:& Prochargers, Beer...lots O Beer:beer: 350's 337's, 454's 496's, 502's, HP500's, HP525's, 540's etc, Fountain Killing Run's w Hull Graphic's/Banners stating just so:biggrin.:, Professional Race Boat Drivers...Smack...lots O smack...:yes::cool:....And this is just the tip of the iceberg.....how can anyone afford NOT to be there...:bighug::wink:
Air of AOTH Anticipations and Blue Motor Aquisition's ...:kingme:

YOU need to get Haver to this event..........:party:

Come on Haver get your Yellow Fever road chipped yellow performance trailer stock motor Bravo Prop arse to this event.....:cool::cool:

fogducker III
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
The booking of the room cost 54.00.

Maybe we should start a list of attendees!

I did not realize it was that cheap.......so that is to hold a double room? Do I need to pay for a slip upfront or the boat ramp etc?

I guess I could just phone the resort eh?:bonk:

BUIZILLA
12-19-2008, 10:45 AM
$54 for Thursday

$74 for Friday and Saturday

still not bad for what you get and where you are

Dr. Dan
12-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Come on Haver get your Yellow Fever road chipped yellow performance trailer stock motor Bravo Prop arse to this event.....:cool::cool:

I spoke to Bob in Lake Winni a couple weeks back at George & Bonnies and he is considering it, as long as it doesn't rain or any dust gets on his Truck or Boat than he'll come.

He would tag along with us Ed...

Doc of Future Boat Aquisitions :angel:

fogducker III
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Not really worried about what we get, it is not like it is "around the corner" we have a long way to travel and having done lots of road trips I know **** can happen........I thought booking a room and slip for the weekend would be expensive, especially if we didn't make it...

Does anybody have a current link to the event? I went to the Midwest Donzi site and the current info is for last years event....? and some of the links don't work, ie. Jamestown Resort.........

Trueser
12-19-2008, 11:08 AM
You can always cancel it. I think they give us 30 days.

roadtrip se
12-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Got a letter from Frieda who has run everything at the resort for us the last 8 years. Can't thank her enough for helping things run so smooth.
Room rates:
Super Suite - Sun. thru Thurs. = $90.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $108.95
Deluxe Suite - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $72.95
Handicap Suite - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $72.95
3 Bedroom Cab. - Sun. thru Thurs = $63.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $63.95
2 Bedroom Cab. - Sun. thru Thurs = $54.95 / Fri. & Sat. = $54.95
When calling to make your reservations, tell the person taking your reservation you are with the Midwest Donzi Club - Group Code: MD0516
Most keep their boats in the water (FRESH water) and docks are available for an additional charge. Be sure and reserve a dock if you wish to keep your boat in the water vs launching and retrieving each day.
Jamestown Resort Phone # 270-343-5253

Here you go Jeremy. BTW, you get here early, we will find a place for you.
Plan on Wednesday, get here Thursday, you are still good!

roadtrip se
12-19-2008, 12:03 PM

I think Haver is just flat out scared...

Hell, I am at this point.

Trueser
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I think Haver is just flat out scared...

Hell, I am at this point.

Are you worried about Robert doing some pole dancing?

fogducker III
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Here you go Jeremy. BTW, you get here early, we will find a place for you.
Plan on Wednesday, get here Thursday, you are still good!

Thanks man, I knew the details were SOMEWHERE in this huge thread..........:eek:

We plan on leaving here early Monday morning the 11th, should get down sometime late Wednesday or early Thursday if all goes well. I did a trip from here to Lake of the Ozarks by myself from here and did it in two days......:convertib:

So with both of us driving, three days is realistic I think...:confused:

Problem is, Jacqui is having a hard time finding a teal bikini.......:wink:

Air 22
12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I have made contact with my wingman Haver the "Yellow Fever road chipped yellow performance trailer stock motor Bravo Prop arse " u refer too and he's in target aquisition mode....not a lock on ...but starting to hear a "tone"....:kingme: It kinda sounds like this....listen closely:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDrjcv6fTxA
"we've got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out..."

:band::rock::thumbsup::drinkbeer::fam:

undertaker
12-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I spoke to Bob in Lake Winni a couple weeks back at George & Bonnies and he is considering it, as long as it doesn't rain or any dust gets on his Truck or Boat than he'll come.
He would tag along with us Ed...
Doc of Future Boat Aquisitions :angel:

Don't worry Bob Doc & I will help ya detail your rig when we get there........but please get that trailer repainted it look like hell....:party::party:

undertaker
12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I have made contact with my wingman Haver the "Yellow Fever road chipped yellow performance trailer stock motor Bravo Prop arse " u refer too and he's in target aquisition mode....not a lock on ...but starting to hear a "tone"....:kingme: It kinda sounds like this....listen closely:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDrjcv6fTxA
"we've got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out..."
:band::rock::thumbsup::drinkbeer::fam:

Tell him we will have plenty of Miller Lite available.....:nilly::nilly::party:

The Hedgehog
12-22-2008, 09:01 AM
rumor has it your bringing your Sybian? anonymous :lookaroun:

The Sybian just got a new carbon fiber cowling and yes, it will be there along with lots of heavy grade poly sheeting, mazola and a twister pad. It will be a crazy rodeo like event. I was visioning Fishin Sucks on the mic calling the shots in the fashion of a square dance caller. I was going to MC that part of the evening with my Swedish Tank Helmet and Cape. Oh yeah, dong forget the magic sceptor!

Tex is bringing the zipper mask, a ball gag and a squeegee.