PDA

View Full Version : Attention all donzi clubs

mattyboy
11-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I am working on a project and i need info on all clubs formal or informal and a contact person for each that I can talk to these are the ones i know of
Atlantic Coast
Mid west
Lake Winnie
Lake George
Seadogs
North East
Madcow
west coast group
Texas group

please if I have left anyone out please forgive me you can Pm or Email me or post up here

thanks

Matty Veth
LGDCC

zelatore
11-16-2008, 06:43 PM
There's actually a formal west coast club??

Lenny
11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
START, the FIRST West Coast DONZI group. I will engage Scot Van A for his Web prowness and such, BUT, can we call it the WCDOA ???

" West Coast DONZI Owners Anonymous "

???

:D

If you are serious Matty, I am all over that :)

glashole
11-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Weller's Bay Donzi Assoc.

contact

Shea Robson
613 848 4338
613 394 3597-days

mattyboy
11-17-2008, 08:31 AM
guys formal or informal I'll contact you, Lenny you guys have had events in the past and the texas guys might not have a formal club but they still have events

i just need a person who is involved as a contact for this project as well as general info we get alot of info requests that come thru the lake george club and sometimes it is geographically impossible to help out but it would be nice to refere them to a person or club in their area

Shanghied Again
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Matty. The North East Donzi Club was formed by me and Steve is the liason to 1000 Islands. My e-mail is ftcivitano@comcast.net or by going to www.northeastdonziclub.com

mattyboy
11-21-2008, 07:59 AM
thanks Frank i'll will be intouch shortly

Carl C
11-21-2008, 08:23 AM
The MADCOWs are not a formal group. It's just a funny name for Michigan Donzi boaters. I think Rootsy came up with the name. Maybe he will step up to represent us.

penbroke
11-21-2008, 09:11 AM
The Lake Champlain Donzi Club sorta sank at the dock after out first meeting but if ya need anything up this way I'd be happy to help. You know where to find me...

Frank

mattyboy
11-21-2008, 09:52 AM
ok i have the info for the midwest group, lake winnie, i am going to use Lenny for the west coast , I need to hear from the texas guys who run possum kingdom?? lake powell?? and Madcows is it Mick? or Todd?? Tony??

Seadogs is it Last Tango/ Madpoodle??

zelatore
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I think Rick is our unofficial master of ceremonies for Powell. I just sorta jumped on his band wagon since I didn't have any local people here in NorCal.

Note: he may not actually want that title...

:boat:

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
TTT ok going to print i have the following clubs and dates

Midwest AOTH 9 5-15 thru 5-18 lake cumber land kentucky todd and jerry

LGDCC 14th dustoff 6-12 thru 6 14 lake george ny scott pearson

Atlantic coast/ winnie bandits poker run 7-24 thru 7 26 lake winnie NH bonnie and george

northeast run 8-6thru 8-9 1000 islands alexandria bay ny Frank C and boxy

seadogs eaufala laborday weekend need a contact

LGDCC fall picnic weekend after labor day

madcows ???????

possum kingdom dates?????

powell dates????????

west coast contact lenny any events planned

mike miller's owner's rally dates venue????

if i have left anything out please let me know press time soon approaches I have a midnight deadline

thanks again

Dr. Dan
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
:angel:Matty - The Lake Winnie Poker Run is their poker run, I have nothing to do with it other than helping George put some stuff together...I don't think Atlantic Coast Donzi should be billed as an organizer.. it's not my run.

I help where I can...Lake George, Winnie and AOTH if they want it? But we do not currently hold a run... we just help to sponser Events at this time.

Doc :shades:

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Dr Dan

OK, it will be listed as such and will be listed seperately as a club with the sites info and contact info

txtaz
12-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Matty,
The Texas group is basically who steps up to the plate that year. You can contact me, Mark Horn, Jeff Reid or HM.

Da Taz<---Yeah we have our act together.

mattyboy
12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
wes

need nailed down dates if you have them for any of your events

roadtrip se
12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I came up with the MADCOW name and we did one run at Lake St. Clair that was broadly attended by several people from out of state, but very few locals.

My buddy Gold-n-Rod does set a date for a run at Torch Lake, the first weekend in August, which some folks attend, but I would hardly call it an organized event. This run has been labled as a MADCOW event. So I guess you could put this on the calendar and it might actually happen.

Hotshot Mick has expressed an interest in taking over the MADCOW and getting a slate of runs put together, but I think right now the MADCOW club is really about out of gas. Too bad, as the place is an awsome boating state.

As for the Round-up, it is usually the last weekend in September most years.
The weather breaks and the lake is gorgeous. No real club name, just a great time for anyone who shows up, and you better be ready to eat!

txtaz
12-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Matty,
The Texas Roundup is always the third weekend in Sept. so for 2009 it will be Sept. 18 - 20th.

Da Taz

Donziweasel
12-02-2008, 06:58 AM
START, the FIRST West Coast DONZI group. I will engage Scot Van A for his Web prowness and such, BUT, can we call it the WCDOA ???

" West Coast DONZI Owners Anonymous "

???

Any way to change this to inlcude the 3 western Donzi owners, me, Don Tamm (when he is around) and Rick SE? Where's the love???????

How about WNADA- Wester North America Donzi Association?

mattyboy
12-02-2008, 07:14 AM
thanks Wes

dates that's what i was looking for the name of the group is not so important the contact is however as long as it is someone involved that can get the right info to the people interested in attending

well the calendar is off to print might be a little tight for the hoildays but will be ready for the new year will be that perfect donzi belated christmas gift
its going to be great and everyone will want one for the home office and shop

glashole
12-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Matty

the Weller's bay Donzi assoc. holds a run that is tentatively the 3rd weekend in september that runs out of Toronto around the west end of Lake Ontario to Niagra falls area

this is a weather dependant run and weekends may vary depending on actual conditions

Also there is a run in the Muskokas (ontario, Canada) on the 3rd weekend of August

(note to fred and others I am not trying to take the credit for these runs but we don't have an actual name to put them under so we can just use my club, and i would assume that these can be regularly scheduled events now)

Shea

President
Weller's Bay Donzi Assoc.
613 848 4338

zelatore
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Any way to change this to inlcude the 3 western Donzi owners, me, Don Tamm (when he is around) and Rick SE? Where's the love???????
How about WNADA- Wester North America Donzi Association?

It's all relative my man....some of these Florida boys actually think 'west coast' means 'west coast of Florida'. How screwed up is that??

How about 'Places Where We Have Hills Bigger Than Speed Bumps Donzi Association' :kingme:

Yeah, on second thought PWWHHBTSBDA doesn't exactly roll off the tounge.

boxy
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
It's all relative my man....some of these Florida boys actually think 'west coast' means 'west coast of Florida'. How screwed up is that??
How about 'Places Where We Have Hills Bigger Than Speed Bumps Donzi Association' :kingme:
Yeah, on second thought PWWHHBTSBDA doesn't exactly roll off the tounge.

If you are looking for a Left Coast flavour, why not go with Donzi Cereal Owners Association ....
.... you could just call yourselves fruits and nuts for short......
sorry boys, that was offside :D :D

zelatore
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
If you are looking for a Left Coast flavour, why not go with Donzi Cereal Owners Association ....
.... you could just call yourselves fruits and nuts for short......
sorry boys, that was offside :D :D

Cold man, cold.

And speaking of cold-
I'm surprised you could even type that what with the giant mittens and all you need there in the frozen north.

(Sunny and 60 outside my office window as I type)

Tidbart
12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Matty,
You can put me down for this event.

Seadogs
Mt Dora Boat Show....now Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival in Tavares, Fl.
3rd week in March, or so. No specific date yet for 2009.

Bob Wilson

Tidbart
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I think Forrest is the main guy for the Eufala run.

B

Forrest
12-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I think Forrest is the main guy for the Eufaula run.

B
You betcha! That me . . .

mattyboy
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Forrest, Tidbart , can you send me your email addresses

Thanks

mattyboy
12-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks everyone for your info and cooperation :)

the calendar will be ready shortly, sorry not on time for the holidays but it will be ready for the begining of the year it will be a great photo calendar the Lake George Club pleased to bring it to you

stay tuned orders will be taken shortly trust me it is a must have for any Donzi fanatic :yes:

Team Jefe
12-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm in for one...and I know that you have a nice fish boat pic for July to celebrate my bith month...right sir?....um senator? right????:lookaroun:

2donzi2
12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Matty,
You can put me down for this event.

Seadogs
Mt Dora Boat Show....now Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival in Tavares, Fl.
3rd week in March, or so. No specific date yet for 2009.

Bob Wilson

I would be in for the Mt Dora show. Went last year for the show only and loved it. Look forward to bringing a couple boats this year.