PDA

View Full Version : A Doctors' First House Call & Then Some

Dr. Dan
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
:angel:Well in the spirit of a reflection on my life - today is my Birthday. 49 years ago I came to be...and not more than 6 weeks ago I almost reached an unannounced expiration date.
Not to be dramatic or to encourage empathy cause that is not my intent...I underwent BiPass Surgery - totally unpredicted, and I am told considering, that I am lucky to be here. So appreciate the gifts you have, be satisfied with what you have, and love the one your with!

:shades:As a message to my Donzi Family who I have cherished for a few years now I wanted to thank everyone for the great times and great memories and the prayers for my health when I needed it.

The good news is I am down lots of weight - doing really well and I am appreciating a new way to nutrition - as painful as it may be. Over the last month or so I have had the good fortune to experience a reawakening of what life is and the simplicity of the truly basics of life itself. Breathing, Walking, a full nights sleep and of course the warmth & support of Family and Friends.

It is really a great Birthday Present and I want to encourage you all to get checked out before you need surgery - trust me its worth the hassle. This is not the weight loss program you want.... make the difficult choices and change in lifestyles now...make time for yourself and don't let stress and work rule your life. :bonk:

Eventually it will catch up with you! Take the time now...regardless of your age to get a physical reality check! It will be the best money & time you have spent.:shades:

I don't want to be a soap box preacher - so I'll leave it at that... I just wanted to express my personal appreciation for those of you I have shared such great times with and I wanted you to know that those are some of the best times of my life, I plan on having a great 2009 Season - in fact the boat is being worked on as we speak.

So Thanks Again - Special Thanks to those of you have been soo involved during the "recent unpleasantness"...you know who you are....

It's Good To Be Here! 49 and still acting like an idiot! And loving every minute.

Danny - The Cardiac Kid :spongebob:

osur866
11-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Great to hear your doing well and good sound advice. Happy B-day let there be many more healthy ones to follow. Steve

Donzi Vol
11-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Dan,

Thanks for the words of wisdom and sharing what I'm sure is rather difficult for you to share. I've been needing to get checked out for a while now (last physical was by my pediatrician, and now I'm 25...whoops!). So I'll get on that soon.

And happy birthday! See you at some events next season.

Take care,
David

Bubba Dog
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Greetings Dr.Dan and Happy Birthday,
I too was born in '59, hope you have many more. My wife and I bought a small farm three years ago and I have really benefited from the physical labor. I had my first physical in 10 years or more this Spring and all my levels (HDL's, LDL's, etc.) were middle of the road, I attribute it to the chores. Will you be at AOTH '09, if so I'll look forward to meeting you in person, T&J spoke highly of your skills.
Michael

BUIZILLA
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
:party: :party: :yes: :boat: :bighug:

mattyboy
11-15-2008, 11:20 AM
glad things worked out Dan

happy birthday and best wishes for all of us

Matty ,Marie,Joe and Jamie

CHACHI
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Dan, I am glad to hear all is going well and you are on the road to recovery. Hope I recognize you at the 1K event.

Take care and listen to your Dr.,
Ken

boxy
11-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday Doc.

Be well.

Ed Donnelly
11-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Good news is always welcome. Stay Healthy,and:happy_bi: ...Ed

TNPMARINE
11-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Dr. Dan,
You are so right most of us do take every day for granted not realizing what tomorrow might have in store for us. Thanks for sharing your story and giving some of us a needed wake up call.

Happy bithday...... and many more too.:yes::party:

jl1962
11-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Happy B-Day Dan!

The good thing about a scare like that is you gain valuable perspective.....the choice is yours and the outcome is largely in your control. :yes:

See you in the Spring - we'll just have to scale down to 300HP Burgers!

Best-
Jay

:boat:

roadtrip se
11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Your ordeal was an eye opener for a lot of folks, us included.

Celebrate, enjoy, and tell those women to let you have something to eat with a little flavor today... broiled chicken can only go so far.

Cuda
11-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Yep. The only reason I knew I had high bloodpressure was that when we were getting a refill for Kyle, I sat down in to take my bp, and it was out of site. They call high blood pressure the silent killer, because there are no signs of it, until you either have a stroke, or fall out. :(

Glad to hear you are doing well. Your wit would be missed around here.

Oh yeah, happy Bday. :)

bob haver
11-16-2008, 08:18 AM
happy b day doc ,and great advice:yes::happy_bi:

Patti
11-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Happy birthday Dan! :happy_bi:
Glad to see you HERE to celebrate it!..take care of youself :)
Patti & Jamie

mike o
11-16-2008, 09:39 AM
To meet, U..... be well...:happy_bi::party:

BigGrizzly
11-16-2008, 11:16 AM
All I can add except happy BIRTHDAY, is I have been where Doc is and can tell you he is 100% correct. An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure. As some of the board knows I have had my share of issues, thank God for HIS help and the care and thoughts of my wife ,my friends and board members, for without them life is very lonely. BTW Doc life will get better and better every day, trust me on this one.

Air 22
11-16-2008, 12:57 PM
:happy_bi::happy_bi::happy_bi:
You know we are always here my friend....We are all so happy you are well again:wink:...That Saturday u had a close call really helps us all put life and priorities in percpective....I thank god everyday for all that we have in family and friends:).... and that you are getting stronger everyday!:wink:
I can say without hestitation as one of my closest friends we love ya man!!:wink:
Hope you have a great day....:party::party::party::party: Cuz today is all about you!!!:yes::yes::yes:
Your Evil Triplet #3....:wink:

Carl C
11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Take care Doc. I think about ya when I wear the goodies you sent.

yeller
11-16-2008, 03:04 PM
So appreciate the gifts you have, be satisfied with what you have, and love the one your with!Words to live by. Glad to hear you're ok. :yes:

:happy_bi: :party: :happy_bi:

gcarter
11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
It's been 20 months for me, and I can't tell you what a difference it's made.
I had my first stress-echo test since the by-pass in June, and it was so different from the the previous tests.......
Good luck Doc.

And you do finally get all the drugs out of your system. Also you eventually stop living in a semi state of confusion....at least I did, but it took close to a year.

MOP
11-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Glad things came out good! :happy_bi::happy_bi:

smokediver
11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Danny ! glad you are well !!!! mi casa is open if you feel the need to escape the cold ...