PDA

View Full Version : Question for MadPoodle

NoTime
01-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Met Frank (Shanghied Again) at the NY boat show and he said that you might be able to help me. I just bought a '90 22C with the windshield missing. I have most of the old SS frame parts, but am missing all the port corner pieces (two SS and one cast brass) :( . Also the windshield top rail (front) is twisted :( . Do you know where I can find replacements or do you have any suggestions about how I could get them fabricated :confused: ? I would prefer to replace the original windshield rather than switch to the new design.

Chuck

Donzigo
01-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Poodle,

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. I wondered why you were up at 3:00AM. Me.......I'm sick too, drinking tea w lemon, honey, whiskey.

Nice avitar......recent picture or one you found?

There's a company here in St. Pete, American Fabricators, that will make a widnsheild. I'm about ready to give them a job on the Z-33. I've heard they are good.

Donzigo
01-05-2004, 06:59 AM
They are going to do a windsheild for me that has stainless around the top, on the Z-33. They asked that I bring them the whole thing. They have a heat booth big enough to do the big windsheilds that require a bend in two directions. A windsheild that requires on bend is fairly easy, if it rquires two separate bends, it must be baked.

American Plastic Supply & Manufacturing
4231 112th Terrace No.
St. Petersburg, Florida 33762
1-727-573-0636
1-800-330-4273

NoTime
01-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Scott, Sorry to hear you're sick. Get well soon.

DonziGo, Thanks for the info, I'll call them and see what they can do for me. Scott, I'll let you know what I find out.

Chuck

ToonaFish
01-05-2004, 05:35 PM
It's taken me two weeks to recover from this bug... I'll Norton you if you dare to send the virus back to Georgia!

Have you tried celery sticks stuffed with Wasabi floating in a stiff Bloody Mary? Blows the stuffing out of chicken soup.

Bunches,

Celene 'that which does not kill me'

NoTime
01-06-2004, 02:23 PM
DonziGo, Is American PS&M going to fab the frame for you or just the plastic for your existing frame? Don't see from their web site http://www.americanplasticsupply.net that they do any metal fab.

Chuck

NoTime
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Just got off the phone with American PS&M. They don't have the ability to fabricate the SS frame, so that would have to be done elsewhere. They suggested aluminum extrusions. Guess I'll look into SS fabricators in the local area (NE).

MadPoodle, Do you have any idea of how many, who might be interested in SS windshield parts for older 22 C's? If I find someone who can do the fabrication, it might be cheaper to get several done all at once.

Chuck