PDA

View Full Version : Austin Donzi Get-together?

AVickers
09-18-2002, 09:31 AM
I spoke w/ a guy in Corpus Christi weekend last -- he was trying to sell a '78 Hornet II -- and he mentioned that he was thinking about taking the boat to Austin (Lake Travis) this weekend for some kind of Donzi get-together to see if he could make some contacts there...

:confused: Anybody heard of anything in Austin? :confused:

roadtrip se
09-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Can't believe there would be a gathering of Donzi owners in Texas and nobody here would get wind of it.

Of course, there is our little north west Texas get together at Possum Kingdom next weekend. Maybe we will have a surprise Hornet in our midst!

C'mon up. Should be a great weekend!

Todd

oldLenny
09-19-2002, 12:14 AM
!!!! :D :D :D CAN'T WAIT :D :D :D !!!!

harbormaster
09-19-2002, 03:21 AM
Lenny,
Shouldn't you be on the road by now??

Austin would be cool. Even Canyon lake.

oldLenny
09-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Scot Van A...Friday at 3pm (5pm your time) on the COHO ferry to Port Angeles, Washington. Arrive at Port Angeles Washington at 4:45pm, then I am making a "quick jaunt" to Kansas City and then I am going to let my co-pilot "bring it in"...(to Houston, Texas.) A 42-44 hour straight run to your place. We should be in pretty good shape by the time we arrive at your doorstep :rolleyes:

Spent yesterday on the phone to people in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Calif, Oregon and Washington. Seems they all want a permit for me to take the trailer through their State. Last thing I heard from a lady in Arizona was, that you can buy "destination permits", (a mapped out trip from Point A to Point B and they are valid in all States as well as Canada and Mexico for the duration of that event only so long as you are carrying insurance for the towed/transported vehicle. I already have that so I will look into that once I am there. Where is Department of Motor Vehicles in Houston?...close by?

You see, I can't take my tags down there for the trailer from here until I get a "K-1" form or something showing it coming through our border and all taxes paid and inspection done/approved for use in Canada. It is a catch 22 thing. The insurance/liability I bought for the trailer (5 million) is only valid if I abide by the individual State Highway laws. In this case the various States require a permit for the trailer to be allowed on their Highways, which I must have in order for the insurance to be valid...

Interestingly enough, Oregon doesn't require any permits and could care less what I do as I pass through. Don't we know someone from Oregon?... :D

harbormaster
09-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Lenny You will get a paper dealer tag with the new trailer that is good for 30 days. Keep your bill of sale handy when traveling. I would think that should be all you need! The Texas Parks and Wildlife dept handle trailer tags in Texas. There is one down the road from my house. I can take you there.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/boat/boat.htm

farmer tx
09-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Scot,
T.P.&W. only handle boat reg.
Texas Dept. of Transportation issue the
trailer tags. The paper tag should be ok
for the haul back. Just make sure you have a
bill of sale.

oldLenny
09-19-2002, 07:07 PM
???...talked to Dan at Coastal Trailer and hitch. He has not "heard" of paper tags before. He put a plate of his on it for delivery to Scot Van A. I am going to have to go the "destination permit" way.

I have a "Certificate of Origin" from Rolls Axle with VIN and such AND I have the bill of sale from Coastal Trailer and Hitch showing me as the purchaser and that is it...Hope that is enough 'cuz it isn't going to get any better at this point :D

harbormaster
09-20-2002, 02:18 AM
I can probably "secure" you a Texas dealer tag for your ride home.

Forrest
09-20-2002, 10:00 AM
Lenny, it looks like you started a trend. I just put a deposit down with Dan at Coastal Trailer and Hitch on a new 2160T Rolls trailer for the X-18. It should be here next Friday, provide that his delivery guy get's his butt back from Texas!