PDA

View Full Version : Victoria B.C. fun Run Saturday, Nov 22/08

Lenny
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Folks, John from Wyoming will be in town from Friday afternoon/eve , leaving for Vancouver on Sunday am.

Let's get some Sidney boats together and run over to Poets Cove or something? I can bring one, Fogducker will have his Scorpion 18, hopefully Titan can make it, and any others. Say, maybe get started at 10:30-11:00 am? Do I hear 4 boats?

What do you think?

Yes, it will be COLD out there. :eek:

fogducker III
11-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I thought they were here on the 18th and 19th...? I booked time off..:frown:

Oh well, I guess I can do a run on the 18th or 19th to warm up for the 23rd. :yes:

If the weather is good enough I will take the 18, if it is a little too rough I will take the other boat........:wink:

Lenny
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
John changed the date this morning. The "Fun Run" will be on the 22nd.

No need for time off.

Titan
11-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Sounds good, I'm in. Let's hope for some decent weather, it's looking better by the middle of next week. I will work on getting a 22zx out as well. Are we sticking to just Donzi's or are we open to others with the same addictions? I'm sure I can get a few more boats together. What kind of run does everyone have in mind? Dingy Dock pub in Naniamo or Silva Bay on Gabriola are about an hour cruise each way, nice run if weather is decent. If not, we have Poets, Ganges, Cow Bay or a run up the inlet to Brentwood Lodge for shorter runs. Looking forward to a great day!:shades:

fogducker III
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Sounds good, I'm in. Let's hope for some decent weather, it's looking better by the middle of next week. I will work on getting a 22zx out as well. Are we sticking to just Donzi's or are we open to others with the same addictions? I'm sure I can get a few more boats together. What kind of run does everyone have in mind? Dingy Dock pub in Naniamo or Silva Bay on Gabriola are about an hour cruise each way, nice run if weather is decent. If not, we have Poets, Ganges, Cow Bay or a run up the inlet to Brentwood Lodge for shorter runs. Looking forward to a great day!:shades:

We might be able to drag John Buoy out in his new ride eh??:wink:

Lenny
11-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I was thinking Poets cove, a brew or two, then out around back of Pender down the channel beside Mayne and then maybe run down to Cowichan and then back to Sidney. It is GONNA be cold.

( I am the guy with no windshield)

Oh, and the more the Merry-er. It is nice to know we have other rides around in case we have some folks that need to "push" a rope at this time of year.

yeller
11-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Doesn't look as if I can make it over now. I've just been signed up for a week of classes (as per my training) starting on Sunday the 23rd. Why it starts on a Sunday, I don't know, but I'll need the time on Sat to hit the books.

If I feel I get enough book work done during the week, I'll head over Sat morning, but it's unlikely. :frown:

Sounds like fun, though. Throw a windbreaker over nice fleece jacket and you'll never know it's almost December. :shades:

Lenny
11-18-2008, 07:34 PM
What's the plan.

I propose that we all meet up in Sidney for Friday night for some drinks and stuff in Sidney, be it RumRunners or Squid Roe or whatever it's called now. Saturday morning, we all meet in Sidney (from wherever we launch) at the Port of Sidney Marina and I will secure a 2 day pass at the dock, say two 50' slips, side by side. We meet there, have some coffees and whatever else we all need and prepare for a late morning run. The girls (Boo Boo and Deneen) have a 1 1/2hour massage and "stuff" booked at the Piers Spa for 9am. They will be done at 10:30 am and ready (at least I think so) to rock at 11am. We all head out and go for an extended cruise and arrive at Poets Cove for a nooner type food/appy/drink thing. From there we go fro another extended run to the Brentwood Inn or Cowichan Bay. (Brentwood would be nicer.) From there, later on in the afternoon, we either leave the boats at the Marina, (Port of Sidney) till Sunday am and pull them then as John and Boo Boo will be heading out to Vancouver and then "away", or pull them out and take them home. We could all leave them there and go out for another little "spin" and pull them on Sunday.

Anyways, whatever, we clean up and all go out for supper somewhere NICE, (Deep Cove Chalet ? ) :D or apparently the Restuarant side of the Blue Peter is OK, as well as the dinind at the Van Isle little Bistro above the boat launch.

After dinner, we all go out to somewhere else in Sidney for a few. Bedtime, TAXI's whatever, Sunday morning our guests head off.

How many boats do we have for SURE, who is definately coming? Do I hear 4 ?

:D

Titan
11-18-2008, 11:52 PM
If only we could get weather like today! Ran around and down to Hall's Boathouse today, what an afternoon. The inlet was like glass:shades:.

Sounds great Lenny, I wish we could participate in the evening festivities but I have my daughters 14th b-day. Friday night with family and Saturday night chaperoning, the Chalet sounds so much better. I'll be there for Saturday AM and Sunday if anyone else is in.

So far, unless weather is horrible I've got a 20' Checkmate, a 27' Formula, possibly a 22' ZX and I also ran into a guy today with a flip of an X18 that might show up. The X18 was running pretty fat so we'll see if he can get his carb figured out by the weekend. Anyone else coming over? Yeller how goes the studying?