PDA

View Full Version : Opening a new screen?

f_inscreenname
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Why cant I open any of the headings or topics in a new screen or tab?
Not at home or at work? I could before the politics section was poofed.

Patti
11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
That's weird..it's worked fine for me....ccould it be a browser iissue? Donzi.net worked not as well for me as in IE explorer as Firefox....................weird

cutwater
11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
SAME HERE! It's only the Donzi.net site...

I can't right-click anything. Noticed it yesterday.

harbormaster
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I am experimenting with new code that disables the right click feature of the browser.
too many pictures unique to this site were ending up on other sites.

How else is this affecting any of you?

cutwater
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I am experimenting with new code that disables the right click feature of the browser.

How does this stop pictures from being copied? It's possible to save them to your computer without right-clicking.

Ghost
11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
For what it's worth, it's driving me nuts, for the same reasons F_in described above. I try to open up threads with new messages in tabs, and it's 5 times the number of clicks. My 2 cents. Thanks for looking at it.

cutwater
11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
if your not right clicking, how are you saving the pictures?

Easiest way, you just left click on the pic. Then when it comes up, left click again. It will open in a new window or tab. Then you are out of 'donzi.net' space... you can now right click and save.

f_inscreenname
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM

You should be able to protect pictures without disabling the the right click feature. Not sure about V Bulletin but with SMF it's just clicking a permissions box in the Admin section.