PDA

View Full Version : external hydraulic steering pictures needed

Zinger
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I just purchased a new mayfair full hydraulic steering but don't have the extra reservoir tank for the power steering which I need to get. If anyone can send me some pictures of their power steering reservoir tank and were it is mounted would be grateful . You can send any external reservoir pictures to helenpierpont@sbcglobal.net Thanks Jeff

harbormaster
11-09-2008, 09:05 PM
you can pretty much mount it anywhere.

Zinger
11-10-2008, 06:04 AM
some pictures would be a little better.

gero1
11-10-2008, 06:44 AM
you don't need the extra tank, i have the same system as you and i don't have the tank...neither does bad tat. when all the air is bled out your pump will stay 3/4 full. untill you get all the air out it will puke oil out of the top of the pump

VetteLT193
11-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Here is my brother's... it is the blue reservoir right in the front near the hatch latch.

I'm not sure about mayfair but Latham says you have to mount the tank above the PS pump.

gcarter
11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
You could use a pressurized Hynautic reservoir and mount it darn near anywhere.

Air 22
11-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Per Zeiger Full Hyd Sys for a single hyd sys you do not need an addtional reservoir:nilly:. Your stock powersteering sys res is more than enough to handle your set-up. My System works just great this way..no problems:)

yeller
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
you don't need the extra tank, i have the same system as you and i don't have the tank...neither does bad tat. when all the air is bled out your pump will stay 3/4 full. untill you get all the air out it will puke oil out of the top of the pump:yes:
Last sentence is SO true. I didn't use the extra tank that came with my system because I didn't have the correct connectors. I bled the system simply by turning the steering lock to lock. I thought I had all the air out because no more air bubbles were appearing in the stock tank and my rams were solid (I couldn't move the drive by hand). So I top off the tank, but next morning I have oil pouring out into the bilge. Guess I wasn't finished. :bonk: A dozen more lock-to-lock turns and it's been good ever since. :)