PDA

View Full Version : IPOD owners Check this out!

harbormaster
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I am somewhat jaded when it comes to software sometimes. Its rare when I find something I really Really like. The other day I found a really cool FREE IPOD utility for windows called Sharepod.
It is alot more simpler and quicker to use than ITUNES. You can actually copy files from your ipod to you computer as well. It works with iphones and ipod touch. Check it out and let me know what you think, Below is a link to the website and a blurb I copied off the website.
http://www.getsharepod.com/

SharePod is easy to use and works! Heres some of the main features:

Add & remove music and videos from your iPod
Add, remove and edit playlists
Add & remove album art
Copy music, videos and playlists from your iPod to PC
Import music/videos into your iTunes library, including playlists and ratings
Tag editing
Drag n' drop to and from Explorer
Simple, clean interface
Quick to load and use with no unnessary complicated features
And whats more, SharePod is completely free! SharePod was designed from the start to be lightweight, quick and responsive, it has all (well hopefully most...!) of the features you need and none of the features you dont.

LKSD
11-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Interesting, I will have to take a look.. Thanks :) Jamie

mikev
11-14-2008, 10:59 AM
looks cool the one question I have is in Itunes I have podcasts that update daily I wonder if this software can do that as well.

harbormaster
11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
If they are podcasts that come though Itunes then no.

RedDog
01-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Sharepod would not work with the iPod Shuffle my son gave me for Christmas. I hate iTunes - it wants to load every sound file I have on my hard drive - many of which are voice recordings I used in some computer-based-training PowerPoint presentations. I can't figure how to take MY control over iTunes.

YamiPod works great for me with the Shuffle though - http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

bootdaddy
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Good find - will see if it can help me load 300+ days of music onto biggest IPOD without fighting with Itunes...

harbormaster
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
To take control of ITunes you need to check "manually sync"