PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehog

rtgogo
11-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm takin the two wheeler up your way for the weekend. Ridin the Ocoee and Nantahala gorge, 129-Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. Is the lake anywhere near all that where I could take a scenic route to catch some sites?

Just Say N20
11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
My brother and I did the Dragon riding back from Tampa last summer. I can see why people die weekly there; trying to go 55 through a 20 mph curve. Fun ride though.

Honda Magna 750. Fun and fast bike. :)

rtgogo
11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep, gotta watch the rockets jumpin the line on those blind curves. I always loose metal off the floorboards of my Harley. Snake is awesome and skyway is just as fun with longer turns and a better view...ridin the Nanthala and Oceoo is hard to beat!

zelatore
11-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I had a 750 Magna for years before switching to my Triumphs. Not a bad handling ride for a cruiser. And probably still as fast as half or more of the big twins out there these days. Not to mention it's a few hundred pounds less than some of those tugs.

Just one thing about the dragon: cops are THICK! Good luck finding a clean run, especially on a weekend.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

rtgogo
11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Yep..they added some BMW bikes to their fleet and were just cruising up and down the tail all day...tough gig.

The Hedgehog
11-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Give me a shout on my cell 931-205-1884. I will be around today.

I would say that you will be pretty much in the thick of some of the best riding around. It will probably be crowded. It has been about a week since I went through the bigger mountains. They should be around peak or maybe just past at the higher elevations.

You will be a few ranges and plateaus over from where I live. We are right at peak in the Cumberland area. We have lots of great rides around here without crowds.

You will ride right by the Cheoha. It is a great whitewater run. It will probably be dry. You will see a few lakes in that area but it is a pretty good way from mine.