PDA

View Full Version : 22 Donzi

Cuda
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
1982 big port 454, Dana exhaust, Performe "O' intake, TBV dist, Holley Hp 500 marine carb. Trs, rebuilt trans with extra clutches. No Bravo Blues. Tandem trailer. $12,000.00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfyBHVOHBc
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2999285743693468984

BUIZILLA
11-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Joe..... no :eek:

no, Joe :shocking:

no............. :confused:

Cuda
11-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Joe..... no :eek:
no, Joe :shocking:
no............. :confused:

I hate to sell, but I've been having a health issue. hopefully temporary, (ataxia) that prevents me from doing what I always have.

On a brighter note, I have four contracts to do in Jan, but I have to keep the wolves from the door until then.

On an even brighter note, I think I've found THE ONE. :)

Time will tell for both. :)

kramsay1234
11-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Looks like a really nice boat and a very fair price. A shame you have to let it go.

BUIZILLA
11-06-2008, 08:04 AM
what's it look like with the windshield off... :cool:

Cuda
11-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Good news to report on my other two issues.
Yesterday, I had to go into town to get my ink cartridge filled at Walgreens. While I was there, I bought a bottle of aspirin. Dad has had strokes in the past, so I asked him how they treated his past strokes, he told me the first thing they did was put him on a blood thinner (cumadin aka know as rat poison, which is exactly what they put in rat poison, to make rats die by thinning out their blood so much, that they bleed to death internally. Well, naturally the doctors don't prescribe cummadin to be strong enough to kill a human, but I knew the doctors suggested my mom take aspirin to then her blood to prevent a stroke (mom's never had any signs of a stroke, but at 75, they told her to take one aspirin a day just in case). When I got home from Walgreens with the refilled ink cartridge, I took two aspirin. I had to call a real sweet lady in Tallahassee about some form I need to file with the IRS. She had faxed it to me a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't find it, because I CRS. While I was talking to her, I got up and was searching for the form she had faxed before, when I realized I was doing something that I normally can't do, and that was walk straighter, and able to remember what I was in that room for. I haven't been able to do either for the past couple of months. After I got off the phone, I made myself a tuna fish sandwich. Normally, I would stand in front of the fridge, trying to remember why I had the fridge open. I got out the four items I needed from the fridge to make it all at one time. It may not sound like much to most people, but until yesterday, I might remember one or two items at a time, while standing there. Ater that, I tested it again, by walking to my mailbox (about 500 yards). Normally, I would have to concentrate on walking only, if I tried to think of anything else, I'd start to walk like a drunk (ataxia). Not only was I walking better, but I could also keep an eye on my dogs at the same time, without walking sideways. To sum everything up, not only could I remember what I was looking for when I went in a room, I could think of more than one thing, and still remember what I was supposed to be doing. It may not sound like much, but like everything, you don't know what you have until it's gone. My mom and dad knew about my ataxic behaviour, and they have both been here as much as possible, because it had gotten so bad, I could barely take care of myself, even then, I wouldn't let them know how badly my mind was functioning, because mom has her hands full, taking care of my father. He had recently been diagnose as having Hodgkins. It's really not that bad in dad, but I understand how it's very frustrating to him, not to be able to do the things he's done his entire life. I know that feeling only too well. Maybe it's just the placebo effect, or wishful thinking. I call mom several times a day when she's not here, because she worries about me living alone, like I might fall in the shower, or something. Those worries weren't unfounded. A couple weeks ago, I was putting my contacts in, and damn near went over backwards into the tub. It I hadn't caught the door know on my way over, I'd probably have been laying in the tub, with my head busted open, and my back severly hurt, from the fall. It was only about ah hour between the time I took the aspirin, to the time I found myself doing things I shouldn't be able to do. I don't know how many of you have witnessed a miracle, but I have. I'm not all the way back, but I think I'm on the road to recovery.
As far as my other issue, which was meeting the right girl, the fact I pretty much had all my mental capacity back gave me the confidence, and the energy to pursue it farther, and I'm pretty sure it was the right thing to do. I have a plethora of things I've fallen behind on doing, for two reasons: First my mind wan't functioning correctly, and it's hard to concentrate anyway, with my feet in Deland, but my mind in Debary. :)
Her name is Trish, and we've talked buches of times, and the more I learn about her, the more I liked what I learned. She's rather guarded with her heart, which I can't blame her for, considering some of the things that happened to her in the past, which causes her not to trust men. We've been dancing around the fact that I'm crazy mad for her, and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way. I put it to her plainly last night, but she is the "Artful Dodger", when it comes to her true feelings. Needless to say, I've been real careful the past year, where I let my heart lead me. I'd just soom be alone the rest of my life, than to be fooled again, which is exactly how I think she feels. She still couldn't give me a direct answer, because she uses humor to deflect her feelings. I should find out today. Maybe it will work out, maybe not, but I'm giving it my all now. She has a 24 year old daughter with Downs Syndrome, and I'm sure that hasn't made it easy for her to carry on a relationship. The husband of her children couldn't take her daughter requiring so much of her attention, which is basically the reason she got divorced. She knows I have twelve years experience with a handicapped child, which makes me a whole lot more understanding than most guys would be.
Anyway, that's the good news, and I want to thank all of those who sent me messages with concerns for me.
Just remember, I felt sorry for myself that I didn't have new shoes, until I met the man with no feet.

Cuda
11-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Now the bad news: I still need to sell my boat! I can always buy another Donzi later, but right now, I need to sell the boat. Don't feel like you're taking advantage of someone in need, like I've read in another post. What I need right now, it to sell my 22. It's not the only Donzi out there, it's just the one I love and have right now. :)

Joe

gcarter
11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Some of the common coronary problems are solved w/some of the cheapest medicines.
As you may remember 18 months ago I had bypass surgery. But before that I was on Coumadin. The level in my blood got a little high one time and I woke up with blood running out of my left ear.....litterally running. I finally got it to stop bleeding and had the level checked the next day. A few days later the doctor was able to pull a humoungous clot out of my ear.
During the bypass surgery the surgeons were able to check directly for clots inside my heart, they found none and I was able to stop taking blood thinners except for aspirin.
Probably eveyone over 50 should take aspirin
I'm really flad you're doing so well. Sometimes it's really frustrating being a little older.
The main thing Joe is to take care of yourself.
I wish you well w/ your relationships and selling your boat.

HOWARD O
11-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Have any other photos you can post of your boat, Cuda?

Thanks!

Cuda
11-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Yes. Most of them have been posted before, and the software of the board won't let me post them again. I think I'll have to rename them, but I'll figure it out sometime today. In the meantime, is there any questions I can answer?

HOWARD O
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
I remember when you bought the boat and know you had the tranny taken care of right away. Original 330 hp 454. New fuel tank, intake, carb, etc. Probably LOTS of other stuff that I don't remember. I think you replaced the hatch at some point? What kind of shape is the trailer in?

I'm not real serious, my wife wants a new car right now. But it's hard to find a 22 in this price range and I KNOW this is a good boat. Not looking for a monster runner, but a reliable cruiser.....this seems to fit the bill for that use. I can't go back and find any photos. The little box show up but no thumbnail links to click on? Thanks Cuda!

Lenny
11-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Congrats on the new relationship Joe. :yes:

I don't really want a 22 but Deneen does. She hasn't seen this post and I have enough "issues" right now... Hope she stays at bay and doesn't see this... :)

Cuda
11-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats on the new relationship Joe. :yes:

I don't really want a 22 but Deneen does. She hasn't seen this post and I have enough "issues" right now... Hope she stays at bay and doesn't see this... :)
Just remember Lenny, If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy. :)

How's buisness in your neck of the woods?

Lenny
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
How's buisness in your neck of the woods?

Busier than ever... or same as always. North West Coast market is still HOT :yes: and everyone is still paying silly money for Millwork and Kitchens. :D and houses... Some LARGE jobs (TALL 40+ story condo's and such) have crashed but the local housing market is still spending. The Olympics in 2010 located here have sheltered us from a lot of it. It is all foreign money, Germany #1.

Cuda
11-18-2008, 05:04 AM
Great news Lenny. The last project I was on was in July. I started another one, but when the GC only wanted to pay me $400, when I billed him for $5500, I pulled off the job, and liened the property for $11000. It's a new GC doing a McDonald's, and he doesn't know chit about working on a McDonalds. He also doesn't know chit about playing hardball with McDonald's, unfortunately for him, I do. He called me up mad as hell when he was notified of the lien. He asked me if I knew what I was doing. I told him I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. It's going just as I knew it would when I liened it. First, Mcd corportate would give the franchisee hell about the lien, the franchisee would give the GC hell, then he has to come to me. A lady that works for the franchisee called me last week. I told her that for me to release the lien, the GC would have to pay me. She said she'd call the GC, and within a half hour, the GC called me. I went off on him, and told him there was no way I'd sell my soul for $400. He started talking about lawyers, and I told him that'd be his best bet, because if he didn't make me a fair offer of settlement, we'd damn sure be in court. He pissed me off roally, and at that point, I am not hard to understand. I'll have someone call his office today and stir the pot, and if he doesn't come clean, I will send him an invoice for $500, for a late payment penalty, and send him another invoice for $500 tomorrow, and if he keeps pissing me off, I'll sue him for triple the damages for breach of contract, and probably win. What he doesn't realize is that Mcd doesn't give a damn about why there is a lien of the property, they just want it gone. The franchisee's guy who oversees operations for them called me Thursday night, and he got an earfull too. I don't think he even knows that I'll have the weight of Mcd behind me, not behind the franchisee, or the GC. I made him a fair settlement offer over the phone, they don't have chit in writing. That assclown started talking about a fraudulent lien, which just cranked me up more. None of them are lawyers. As soon as I set one piece of tile on that job, he has agreed to the contract, whether they signed it or not. They don't know I'm like a dog with a bone, when I'm getting screwed. They will learn when I move to foreclose the lien, and then the chit will really hit the fan. Mcd corporate may even pay me direct, then take the money from the franchisee, who in turn will take it from the gc. If it goes that far, I'll go for the whole 11 grand. The only way they can have the lien released without my signature is to put 11k in escrow for the court to decide if it's a good lien or not, and I just don't think the gc has 11k to sit on until it's decided, otherwise he wouldn't have tried to pay me $400 on a $5500 invoice. I told them if they don't think I'll take them to court, that they may want to call the guy I took to court for $10. :)

cwhydeesq
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
New to the Registry, saw your post. I'm an attorney (please, no flames..) and about the most reasonable person until someone decides that they simply don't want to pay me. I call myself the junkyard dog from there forward. Where do you do your work? In NJ, lien law is only fair. In NY, it is GREAT! Don't back down. If they are already calling you, you are in the drivers' seat. Just bought a 1970 ski sporter or I would have jumped on your 22. Come to think of it, if it doesn't sell quickly, I may just come back to you; I'm currently winding down toward trial on a case against a client who decided that he needed an extra 60K out of a RE deal and the only place he knew to find it was, well, you can guess. It has already cost him at least 15K in legal bills and I'll end up with 4 years of interest on the 60K at my 12.5% rate, so trust me, don't settle. I tell everyone to protect themselves going in. Most people don't read their contracts and so if you put "attorneys' fees plus interest at 12.5% per year, compounded monthly, for as long as the invoice remains unpaid," you'd be surprised how well it works out. Good luck!

Trueser
11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Cuda,
Can you email me some pictures of your 22?

Thanks

Trueser@comcast.net

HOWARD O
11-18-2008, 11:52 PM
NOW I remember your 22, Cuda. It's been bugging me for the last 2 days. I had to register as a new user back then because I couldn't remember my original username. I actually posted the original thread about this boat for sale and you bought it soon after! :bonk:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42436

Small world, maybe it's an omen? Still would like some photos to refresh my memory though! :yes:
hbo@suddenlink.net

Cuda
11-19-2008, 03:54 AM
New to the Registry, saw your post. I'm an attorney (please, no flames..) and about the most reasonable person until someone decides that they simply don't want to pay me. I call myself the junkyard dog from there forward. Where do you do your work? In NJ, lien law is only fair. In NY, it is GREAT! Don't back down. If they are already calling you, you are in the drivers' seat. Just bought a 1970 ski sporter or I would have jumped on your 22. Come to think of it, if it doesn't sell quickly, I may just come back to you; I'm currently winding down toward trial on a case against a client who decided that he needed an extra 60K out of a RE deal and the only place he knew to find it was, well, you can guess. It has already cost him at least 15K in legal bills and I'll end up with 4 years of interest on the 60K at my 12.5% rate, so trust me, don't settle. I tell everyone to protect themselves going in. Most people don't read their contracts and so if you put "attorneys' fees plus interest at 12.5% per year, compounded monthly, for as long as the invoice remains unpaid," you'd be surprised how well it works out. Good luck!
No flames here. I often say an attorney is like a pistol...............you really don't need one until you need one BADLY! :)

Cuda
11-19-2008, 04:04 AM
NOW I remember your 22, Cuda. It's been bugging me for the last 2 days. I had to register as a new user back then because I couldn't remember my original username. I actually posted the original thread about this boat for sale and you bought it soon after! :bonk:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42436

Small world, maybe it's an omen? Still would like some photos to refresh my memory though! :yes:
hbo@suddenlink.net
I finally found the pictures, and renamed them so I could post them again.
I am the first boat under the bridge in this video (thanks Chromey).
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dTfyBHVOHBc

HOWARD O
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks, nice photos! Looks like a few of them are professional?

How's the trailer for a long trip, the bearings mainly? We're over 600 miles away. Also, I re-read that old, original thread and you talked about a full cover for the boat. Would that be a trailering cover and/or can I use it on my covered lift?

I really don't know what else to ask about it that I couldn't find out here. I'm definitely interested but I think I need to do some arm-twisting on my end.....like, "we don't need no stinkin' new car"! :boggled:

Cuda
11-20-2008, 04:48 AM
The helo pictures were taken at the Hometown Rally. :)

I wouldn't think twice about pulling it 600 miles on the trailer. I've pulled it across the state with the cover on it.

Cuda
11-22-2008, 04:57 PM
The boat has to sell. I need the money to pay my help on the next job, which I already have a contract to do.

HOWARD O
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Joe, PM sent......

Cuda
11-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Joe, PM sent......
PM answered. :)

Cuda
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Pictures taken today.

chappy
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Really hard to believe that's an '82,
gotta love the look of that TRS,
very, very nice Cuda.

cutwater
11-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Joe that boat is a real looker... I have always loved the cockpit padding from that era. And the TRS too - this is a great deal. Good luck!

Donzi Vol
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Joe that boat is a real looker... I have always loved the cockpit padding from that era. And the TRS too - this is a great deal. Good luck!

Not thinking of buying this boat too?:wink:

HOWARD O
11-24-2008, 09:06 PM

Cutwater, according to your signature, is this boat the same age as you? If so, I am getting really, really old! :shocking:

Boat is a looker, I love it.

HOWARD O
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Well, I'm VERY proud and happy to say that I am no longer "Donziless" after so many years! This boat will now grace the waters of the Outer Banks, Inner Banks and it's tributaries near New Bern, North Carolina! Thank you, Joe, very much. It'll receive great care and great use too!

Since I can't dance worth a dang, this'll have to do!

http://warehousenb.server101.com/eqdwn5.gif

chappy
11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Nice to see it stay with someone on the board, congrats guys.

BUIZILLA
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
you saved me a trip Friday... :wink:

HOWARD O
11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks Chappy.

Afraid I won't make it down to pick her up until late next week. Doing the family vacation to Tennesee tomorrow......ho hum......I'll be champin' at the bit the whole time, counting the days! :nilly:

cutwater
11-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Not thinking of buying this boat too?:wink:

I never stop thinking :wink:

Cutwater, according to your signature, is this boat the same age as you? If so, I am getting really, really old! :shocking:
Boat is a looker, I love it.

Yep, boat is the same age as me. Must've been a good year... And congrats on the purchase! Glad to see it go to a good home. Enjoy!

HOWARD O
11-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I never stop thinking :wink:

Yep, boat is the same age as me. Must've been a good year... And congrats on the purchase! Glad to see it go to a good home. Enjoy!

Thanks Cutwater! It was a good year, I'm Class of '82! :kingme:

Cuda
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Nice to see it stay with someone on the board, congrats guys.

I spoke with Howard several times, and as you can see from his registration date, he's been around Donzi's a long time.

He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. :)

I hated to sell, but I'd hate living in a cardboard box with my three dogs worse! I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did.

Cuda
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM
you saved me a trip Friday... :wink:

Jim, aren't you still coming to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run? I'm going to mom's for Thankgiving, but I'll be back Friday.

I took your other advice too. Thanks.

HOWARD O
11-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did.

You know I will, Joe, thanks. I almost live in a cardboard box with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fish and 3 kids! :shocking: I might just be sleeping in the Donzi! :lookaroun:

Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Donzi Racer
11-25-2008, 04:38 PM
You know I will, Joe, thanks. I almost live in a cardboard box with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fish and 3 kids! :shocking: I might just be sleeping in the Donzi! :lookaroun:

Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Congrats, you will love it. Beautiful Boat! Remember cardboard boxes are OK if you have a DONZI parked out front. Ha ha Howard, if we can be of any help withyour trip, we are close.Titusville, Fl. eastern side of the state middle part. Tom

Cuda
11-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Titusville is exactly 50 miles from here. :)

Sagbay32
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Cuda,
congrats on the sale and to Howrad O, she looks like a beaut. I wished I was closer. I am not even sure if we are gonna make it to Daytona this Spring due to school schedules and sports....arrrrgh!

Freezing in MI
Mike

I guess we will just have to wait to see what Donzi Cuda brings home next.

HOWARD O
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I spoke with Howard several times, and as you can see from his registration date, he's been around Donzi's a long time.

You got me thinking how long I've been on the board here. Went and found the old archives......back when it was like a newsgroup! I was living in California and had bought a '69 16'. Being from the east coast and spending my summers on Dad's boat, Donzis were like beautiful, mystical creatures to me. So when I saw one out there for real cheap, I jumped on it. It was a freshwater lake boat that had a terrible paint job. But the rest of it was pretty decent. To make a long story short, I couldn't afford to restore it, but my brother could. So we got to work. The original Donzi board saved our life because nobody knew what a Donzi was out there!

Many of the names from back then are still around, a lot of them long gone though. Michael Slavin was the original webmaster and we got to be pretty good friends. He was hired by Jim Cancil to run the discussion board. Thanks to Scot, this website has come a long way, baby!

My brother is on the first page, I am on the second here somewhere! Fun to read the old stuff!

http://www.donzi.net/discussion/disc090297-123097.html

My brother still has the 16' and it's still the prettiest one I've seen! It was hull 562 on the registry. How do we get to the actual registry now anyway?