PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Boating In November

Carl C
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I hit Cass Lake yesterday. Great day but one thing was missing......other boats!! Am I the only hard core boater around here. Did any other Michiganians get out yesterday or planning to today? These pics show the infamous party sandbar area. Where is everyone? It's only November. I wanted to put a pic on the banner but don't have the heart to bump that last one!!

BUIZILLA
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
rumor has it, yesterday was a national election day..

but, you know how rumors can be :pizza:

Carl C
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
rumor has it, yesterday was a national election day..

but, you know how rumors can be :pizza: I voted early. I lost.

Greg Guimond
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I thought that MI was not supposed to get all these balmy November days? I'm jealous !

Carl C
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I thought that MI was not supposed to get all these balmy November days? I'm jealous ! I have boated in December before...........Why do people think they must boat by the calendar? If there is a freeze warning all I have to do is pump out the heat exchanger with an air pump. I cleaned the boat up good inside and out today and it is ready to put up but I will boat again if we get more of this weather. They have pulled the docks out of the water. What a PITA to launch. My boat has never been beached. I had to wade out to my waist in ice water.....good thing I had extra clothes! Temp hit 70*

Pismo
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Looks like a nice day. Fall boating is great. Nice to have the lake to yourself.

hot shot
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Got ya covered carl was out tue sitting on an island till 10:30 pm built me a fire and met 1/2 dozen new friends went out for a spin yesterday and leaving in about an hour to do it again .... might run over to canada to duffy's tavern for a perch dinner... the donzi is in the interior shop but my trusty 18 ft crestliner loves fall boating

Carl C
11-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Got ya covered carl was out tue sitting on an island till 10:30 pm built me a fire and met 1/2 dozen new friends went out for a spin yesterday and leaving in about an hour to do it again .... might run over to canada to duffy's tavern for a perch dinner... the donzi is in the interior shop but my trusty 18 ft crestliner loves fall boating Sounds cool, Mick. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished boat.:)