PDA

View Full Version : '73 Magnum 27 Sport...

Tony
11-04-2008, 07:39 PM
On BoatTrader, linked here. (http://www.boattrader.com/find/listing/1973-Magnum-27-Sport-93719866)
Very nice looking boat!

:beer:

cutwater
11-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice find!

The deck looks a little funny to me. No lifeline on a '73? And the windshield looks like a SS frame? I'd love to see pictures from outside with the cockpit cover off.

superhatz
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Nice find!

The deck looks a little funny to me. No lifeline on a '73? And the windshield looks like a SS frame? I'd love to see pictures from outside with the cockpit cover off.

The inlay was filled in and the lifeline removed.....:(

The boat has an optional railing around the windshield.

:)

mphatc
11-05-2008, 06:34 AM
This boat was also all over the internet this summer at $12500.00 I spoke with several folks about it, just wasn't ready to pull the trigger at the time.

I believe it was also used to pop molds from by one of the shops in that area years ago . .

Mario L.

1969 Corsican C18C32
1968 Magnum 27 #71

olredalert
11-05-2008, 08:10 AM
------This Mag sat in the owners driveway most of last winter with only the kockpit cover on it, and no "for sale" sign. I drooled over it every time I drove by. The guy also has one of the cooler houses facing out on to Anchor Bay on M29. Once the boat left his driveway I never saw it again and figured out last spring that he had a rack or boathouse on the other side of his house. House was so big you couldnt see it!!! Is there a price??? I dont see one. Would be happy to take a lookie at it for anyone so inclined.
------Smidgen Too probably knows the history of this boat. I am going to talk to him today anyway so Ill ask..........Bill S

Last Real Texan
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
------this mag sat in the owners driveway most of last winter with only the kockpit cover on it, and no "for sale" sign. I drooled over it every time i drove by. The guy also has one of the cooler houses facing out on to anchor bay on m29. Once the boat left his driveway i never saw it again and figured out last spring that he had a rack or boathouse on the other side of his house. House was so big you couldnt see it!!! Is there a price??? I dont see one. Would be happy to take a lookie at it for anyone so inclined.
------smidgen too probably knows the history of this boat. I am going to talk to him today anyway so ill ask..........bill s
$ 24,900.00

VetteLT193
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh man... I am a sucker for candy stripes. Very nice looking boat.

olredalert
11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
-----I talked to Smidgen and he tells me that there are two orange Magnum Sports in that area and this one happens to be the other one. Both the boats were raced here on Lake St.Clair if I understood Mark correctly, and both are nice boats. Neither this Magnum or the other were used to make the Aero molds as that was done prior to thier manufacured dates. Mark was very close at that time to the guy who popped the molds and has a wealth of info about that time period. He told me today that back then there were three Magnum Sports on his street that were all raced boats, his being one of the three and these two boats being the other two!!!........Bill S

Tony
11-05-2008, 08:58 PM
The drives are Volvo 270's.
The salesman is e-mailing me the survey if anyone is interested...

:beer:

Voodoocanoe
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Tony, Somebody posted on OSO that they "bought" the boat a couple of day's ago.

Bill, This boat is red and is not the 2nd orange one. The current owner lives on the Clinton River, Boat previously came from a Kentucky car dealer who got it from California to settle an estate, previous owner restored it then passed away. Is the story that I remember.

The Magnum that was used to make the mold from was "Double Vision" a yellow/white single engine Magnum.