PDA

View Full Version : 496 CMI Sport Tube headers

Titan
11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Considering a set of CMI sport tube headers for my stock 496. Thought about the Raylar top end kit but engine has low hours so don't see the point of ripping it apart yet. Besides I will need the headers if I decide to do it later. I found a set that was taken off before the boat was sold with only 12 hrs on them for about half price. Has anyone installed these? How do they fit? Will they work with my stock silent choice? Do they give you anywhere near the 50-60 HP they claim.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have.

MOP
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Carl C did a set on his 22 back last year, there is a very nice post on it. Try a search.

Phil

Titan
11-04-2008, 12:21 AM
The end results of that thread are a little inconclusive. Carl what was the final gain after running in all conditions? I noticed your signiture line says 78+, is that with further mods? Will the corsa silent choice still fit?

BigGrizzly
11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Since we have do Dyno pulls etc. On a stock 496, 50 hp won't happen. I have CMI on two of my boats, but the engines are not stock and were built around the hedders. If it were me I would go for Stainless Marine. I have gone in depth on other threads befor so I won't here.

harbormaster
11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
They look nice but are not worth the money. They just look nice.
The results just are not there.