PDA

View Full Version : Absolutly amazing......

Donziweasel
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Guess it was not his day to die........
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/?action=view&current=thebestever.flv

cutwater
11-03-2008, 09:55 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donziweasel
11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I just looked at it again, I can not believe he pulled that off. Amazing. I think after what he probably did in that flight suit, cremation was probably the best call.:bonk:

onesubdrvr
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I have seen that EXACT same thing happen with the EXACT same results,....... but on a remote control acrobatic plane,.... I'm still breathless from that video, absolutely amazing

I just looked at it again, I can not believe he pulled that off. Amazing. I think after what he probably did in that flight suit, cremation was probably the best call.:bonk:

I agree, I don't know of any washing machine that would have gotten my flight suit clean if that had been me :lookaroun:

Wayne

kramsay1234
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
that is absolutely unbelievable

Ghost
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Most of me wants to believe. Part of me wants to call BS. Sure looked real though.

zelatore
11-04-2008, 12:13 AM
hmmmm....when the wing comes off, shouldn't the plane roll to the other side?

onesubdrvr
11-04-2008, 06:16 AM
hmmmm....when the wing comes off, shouldn't the plane roll to the other side?
Yes,.... and no,.....

this plane wasn't going very fast when this happened, so engine torque was down, these planes aren't fast, but generate a lot of thrust. Also, once the wing falls off, he seems to kill the throttle, which would normally make one wing drop down, but would only "roll" a few times until it regains air speed. But, he does the smart thing and knife edges it, thus wing lift is out of the equation, he keeps it knife edged until just before he hits the ground.

These little areobatic planes have HUGE deflections on their control surfaces, so when he is near the ground, with no lift being generated, he is able to give it enough ailron to get it even, then just kill the throttle and let it drop down

Again, referencing what I know about these styles of airplanes from the model world vice the real world, but the similarities are amazing.

Wayne

Glenora
11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Most of me wants to believe. Part of me wants to call BS. Sure looked real though.

Looks like it may have been a fake:
http://www.avweb.com/blogs/insider/AVwebInsiderBlog_ViralVideo_KillaThrill_LostWingLa nding_199096-1.html

but, oh so cool anyway...

DonziJon
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
As a licensed Pilot, I tend to agree this "Stunt" was phony. Parachutes are Manditory during such maneuvers. Only a fool would Elect to ride it down, rather than Bail Out, on the "chance" that you would survive the crash landing.

I hate it when the film is blurry, don't you? :bonk:

cutwater
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
When I first viewed it on YouTube, I thought it was real. Then one of my friends had this playing on his HDTV - it looked extremely fake. Had me fooled for a while. Pretty cool anyway!