PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans!

Tony
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Saw a great game last Saturday, with a long, last-second field goal to beat Wisconsin. We've suffered through some real bad coaches lately, and are thrilled with Mark Dantonio and the direction he seems to have us on. If MSU can avoid a stumble against Purdue next week it should set up a big game vs. Penn State in the season finale.

Not meaning to rub it in (Ha...I love it!) but how about those mighty Wolverines? First time in 33 years they have not been to a bowl game. Mike Hart flapped his mouth after they beat us last year and Dantonio replied..."pride comes before the fall".

Overall/Conference
3 Penn State 9-0 5-0
18 Michigan State 8-2 5-1
12 Ohio State 7-2 4-1
Northwestern 7-2 3-2
Minnesota 7-2 3-2
Illinois 5-4 3-3
Iowa 5-4 2-3
Purdue 3-6 1-4
Indiana 3-6 1-4
Michigan 2-7 1-4
Wisconsin 4-5 1-5

:beer:

chappy
11-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I caught the second half of that game. Great finish. It really seems the Spartans have built a good program through solid recruiting.

Ghost
11-02-2008, 08:24 PM
"pride comes before the fall".

Looks like you just jinxed them. :wink:

You guys are having a great season. Let's hope nobody looks past Purdue. We definitely have a lot of work cut out for us, but we knew that going into the coaching switch, as his system doesn't suit our current personnel at all. Before the season, everyone said to figure on two years of pain before it gets better. (But with my friend and former teammate taking the lacrosse team to its first MCLA national championship win, this year will forever be great in my eyes.)

Go Blue!

-Mike

Ranman
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
http://www.kozykomfortbykaren.com/members/502943/uploaded/BB_COL_BL_32601_Michigan_State_.jpg

Tony
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Looks like you just jinxed them. :wink:

You guys are having a great season. Let's hope nobody looks past Purdue. We definitely have a lot of work cut out for us, but we knew that going into the coaching switch, as his system doesn't suit our current personnel at all. Before the season, everyone said to figure on two years of pain before it gets better. (But with my friend and former teammate taking the lacrosse team to its first MCLA national championship win, this year will forever be great in my eyes.)

Go Blue!

-Mike

Congrats on your buddies success. No matter what the sport, or level, a national championship is a rare treat.

I've got a friend who's coached MSU soccer for 34 years, and announced his retirement at the beginning of this year...effective at the end of the season. So, last Sunday was his final home game, with many of his former players in attendance as they had a ceremony planned at the end of the game. Well, the game just happened to be for the Big Ten championship as we were tied for first with Northwestern, and State won it 1-0. A very nice win for Joe Baum, and an emotional post-game celebration.

Penn St. is #3 in the BCS, with not much hope of moving up due to their weak Big Ten schedule, unless those ahead of them lose. I watched the Texas vs. Texas Tech contest Saturday night...that was a very excellent game!

Carl C
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I lost 10 bucks on the MSU/UM game:mad:. Bet was made before the season started.

FISHIN SUCKS
11-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I know it's not right, but I like the Sparty's and Blue! My mom's side of the family went to U of M and my grandmother graduated from State.

As for that Purdue game, you're right don't overlook. I had more fun partying at Purdue than IU, but the girls were heavier at Purdue than IU, but friendlier, and in the end I married an IU girl. What does all this have to do with Spartan's Football? Other than the first sentence of this paragraph, nothing. Just wanted to show some support for MSU!

But Hey, check out my BALL STATE CARDINALS:rock::thewave::rock:!!!!!! First time they have nationally been ranked ever. (sorry for the thread hi-jacking, I am just stoked).

Tony
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Congrats to the Cardinals...they are up to #17 (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS) this week. One of only 6 undefeated teams in the nation!

Ghost
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Agreed. Ball State is a good team, and I had a great time partying there on college roadtrips.

FISHIN SUCKS
11-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanx for the support. Please feel free to continue the love as we play N. Illinois tonite at home. :beer: