PDA

View Full Version : It was fun while it lasted .......

boxy
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
F$%#ing Jack Frost ....

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?onrm104

chappy
10-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Man, you weren't kidding. We got 6 inches overnight. Temp is only low 30's, but the wind is taking down trees like Acorn is taking down names. This is hysterical, no one has their plows strapped to their trucks yet. People in ditches, power lines down, and people are outside bringing their pumpkins in.:boggled: I know I shouldn't laugh, but.................................:rofl:

roadtrip se
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
in Kentucky before we hang it up for the year. It has been fun and the fall colors have been fantastic out on Lake Cumberland.

I do think winter-ritis has started a little early around here lately too, based on the spirited debate and controversial topics.
Oh well, ought to make for a short season...

zelatore
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
the wind is taking down trees like Acorn is taking down names.

LOL - that's a good one. :rlol:

I'd make some smart a$$ comment about the nice weather here in CA, but then I'd just get smacked back by some of the Florida guys when the monsoon season kicks in later....

mattyboy
10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
we had snow all day but the ground was too warm to let it stick just nw of us in high point nj got 14 inches today jack frost is a bleepity bleep no good mutha blankity blank

onesubdrvr
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
we had snow all day but the ground was too warm to let it stick just nw of us in high point nj got 14 inches today jack frost is a bleepity bleep no good mutha blankity blank

Speaking of Jack Frost, it's interesting we haven't heard from him here yet,.... he's usually all over laying the smack down with the first snow,....

Tonight is going to be COLD here,.... record lows,.... into the 40's :kingme:

Wayne

Donziweasel
10-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Oh, I have not only heard from him, he is sitting right here next to me. We have had snow and mornings in the teens. Last few days have been epic. Highs of almost 70.

boxy
10-29-2008, 07:30 AM
It's not the winter I mind, it's just that this stuff isn't going to stick around, there is no frost in the ground, it's going to be 12 C by tomorrow, high teens by the weeknd. It's just a mess.

(oh yeah and I still have my 50 series summer tires on the car :shocking: )