PDA

View Full Version : Paging Robert, Kramsey and other 22ZX's

The Hedgehog
10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
You guys need to have a 22ZX winter build out. I have a feeling that some of you guys have some pending projects this winter.:popcorn:

Let's hear about the plans!

SilverBack
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Are you trying to say that we need a 22 ZX to fill out the crew?? We have the 25, 26 and 27 covered I guess. I bet someone has big plans!!!

The Hedgehog
10-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Are you trying to say that we need a 22 ZX to fill out the crew?? We have the 25, 26 and 27 covered I guess. I bet someone has big plans!!!

Just inviting a few others to join us in the madness! Or sickness. The Force is strong in some of these guys.

kramsay1234
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Unfortunately because it gets a little cold here and i don't have a garage big enough to keep that boat and trailer that is heated where I can do work on it, the boat goes into storage for the winter.

However, this season has lead me to realize two things I want to do next season. The first is I want headers. Probably Stainless Marine or something else that can be used with my silent choice.

Second, I decided that since my boat came with a 502 and is pretty rare with that power from the factory, I don't want to take it out as much as I would love a blue motor in there. Also, for the $ upgrade and the cost of re and re on the motor, etc, it would be an expensive 5mph or so to get me to 80. So...If there is a performance upgrade in my future, it will be a blower. Nice thing is that it can always be taken off and if I am easy on the throttle so that the drive will take it, I may get close to 90mph (:shocking:) Now that would be an impressive 22ZX and probably one of the fastest out there.

rtgogo
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Your killin me. Winterized her last week and tryin to forget about the cold, lonely storage on the rack. :nilly:

The Hedgehog
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Your killin me. Winterized her last week and tryin to forget about the cold, lonely storage on the rack. :nilly:

I hope that you put a nice step on that rack!:pimp:

My 26 will probably get the winter treatment this weekend.

rtgogo
10-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Dam Hedge...you made me start thinkin about her again. Plannin a bike ride up your way in a week and had almost made me forget my new girl is in that dark cold warehouse along with all those deck boats...

So...what headers would be rankin high on the chart if i was lookin to do an upgrade similar to kramsay? I have to keep the Q&Q for the boss and a few of my sons girlfriends that don't care for the rumble? Got more than enough chrome to polish on my two wheeler and would be lookin for a powder coated finish, but tips may need a lil bling factor. What's the best? Crankin up on my search over the snow man months.

I know no one wants to hear about it, but I talked with a stereo guy yesterday about custom forming some glass to blend an enclosure from the top side of the dash to the wind deflector. I need some sound I can hear at speed and mounting the noise makers at my feet ain't gunna cut it.

Also on the hunt for a depth finder I can mount on the inside of the hull in the engine area. Bracket on my external one is cracked and gives me a good excuse to upgrade. Any suggestions on a good internal pickup that would work with my Graffig display?

Need guidance from the short wise one with a green head.....thanks!

The Hedgehog
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Dam Hedge...you made me start thinkin about her again. Plannin a bike ride up your way in a week and had almost made me forget my new girl is in that dark cold warehouse along with all those deck boats...

So...what headers would be rankin high on the chart if i was lookin to do an upgrade similar to kramsay? I have to keep the Q&Q for the boss and a few of my sons girlfriends that don't care for the rumble? Got more than enough chrome to polish on my two wheeler and would be lookin for a powder coated finish, but tips may need a lil bling factor. What's the best? Crankin up on my search over the snow man months.

I know no one wants to hear about it, but I talked with a stereo guy yesterday about custom forming some glass to blend an enclosure from the top side of the dash to the wind deflector. I need some sound I can hear at speed and mounting the noise makers at my feet ain't gunna cut it.

Also on the hunt for a depth finder I can mount on the inside of the hull in the engine area. Bracket on my external one is cracked and gives me a good excuse to upgrade. Any suggestions on a good internal pickup that would work with my Graffig display?

Need guidance from the short wise one with a green head.....thanks!

Transducers and steps don't get along. I am faced with that too. They will work off plane so I will put on a through hull. Gaffrig has one on their site. I will pick one up soon for both the 18 and 26.

I would like to see some of the idea on the stereo. Thats a pretty cool idea.

I am a bad one to ask about manifolds because I say trash the silent choice but am somewhat of a hippocrit since I have it on the X. It is really a matter of preference. I like SM and Dana. Lightning makes a cool looking header that has a silent option and it sounds great. For a good deal I would also look at others. You can always drop some bucks and do CMI's but I would save that for an all out assault and bigger cam.

BigGrizzly
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
My take is Stainless Marine. On big stuff I do CMI. My Criterion has CMI and Silent choice. No change in speed but less tickets.:cool:

rtgogo
12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I've started looking around for some replacement headers for my 454mag:biggrin:. Found these, but not sure they will work for me or that I want to buy used parts. I need to keep my silent choice and looking for a "bolt on" kit that won't require changes to the stock setup of the motor (ie no custom fabrication to relocate parts and pieces, etc). Stainless Marine seems to be the leader for me, but couldn't keep from considering these one's by lightning. Any advice on buying used headers? this brand? others to consider, places to look, etc

Thanks

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/lightning_headers-o21489-en.html

Dr. Dan
12-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Unfortunately because it gets a little cold here and i don't have a garage big enough to keep that boat and trailer that is heated where I can do work on it, the boat goes into storage for the winter.

However, this season has lead me to realize two things I want to do next season. The first is I want headers. Probably Stainless Marine or something else that can be used with my silent choice.

Second, I decided that since my boat came with a 502 and is pretty rare with that power from the factory, I don't want to take it out as much as I would love a blue motor in there. Also, for the $ upgrade and the cost of re and re on the motor, etc, it would be an expensive 5mph or so to get me to 80. So...If there is a performance upgrade in my future, it will be a blower. Nice thing is that it can always be taken off and if I am easy on the throttle so that the drive will take it, I may get close to 90mph (:shocking:) Now that would be an impressive 22ZX and probably one of the fastest out there.

You may wanna chat with Frank Civitano or Jedski before investing in going into the 80's with a 22ZX Hull... just a suggestion... from what I understand...it gets a bit exciting over the designed hull speeds and you may wanna invest in some latex underwear. Or a really good insurance policy...

Good luck with that!

Doc of Exceeded Design :angel:

The Hedgehog
12-02-2008, 05:18 AM
I think that those are Keith Eikerts. They don't look like Lightning to me

rtgogo
12-02-2008, 06:52 AM
You may wanna chat with Frank Civitano or Jedski before investing in going into the 80's with a 22ZX Hull... just a suggestion... from what I understand...it gets a bit exciting over the designed hull speeds and you may wanna invest in some latex underwear. Or a really good insurance policy...

Good luck with that!

Doc of Exceeded Design :angel:

Top speed isn't my priority, I'm really just looking to get better performance. All the moons had to be aligned for me to hit 70 this season and yes..I'd like to be able to get there without so much effort, but what I'm really out for is to get her breathin easy. Just seems to be choking out. Don't get me wrong..lot of power in the big block, especially for my virgin boat, but was thinkin headers may lightin up the rear and let the exhaust flow. Maybe I have it wrong and lighter is not better, but defintely think she needs more air flow. I can only compare with the upgrade I did to my bagger. I added Rinehart true duals eliminating the stock crossover and heavy baffles, changed up the carb jet and added a big sucker intake with a less ubstructed air cleaner (think this may be called "stage II" ). Made her catch her breath and bike runs significantly better; good back pressure, better response time, cleaner-smoother accelaration...oh and did i mention the rumble:kingme:...Anyway, that's what I'm hunting for my ZX. Top speed is nice some of the time, An easier 70 would be great but really just looking for better performance than the way the 454mag is setup outa the factory.

SO...any comments or suggestions for upgrades to achieve my goal. I've only had the boat a season and don't want to crack open the shell for internal work. Is there a race tuner type module for the EFI that might help along with other adjustments? What can I do to tweak the performance without causing a bunch of headaches.

Still learnin to drive on water so seat time is precious to me. I don't want to loose my limited weekends to a wrench...

Really appeciate your advice...thanks

BigGrizzly
12-02-2008, 08:15 AM
The hedders are Keiths not lightning and work very well on well modified engines. On stokers I would not do it. Garry has one on a well modified small fountain that fly's. It isn't an easy task to work them on a stocker and they are aluminum.