PDA

View Full Version : DonziWeasel PNW trip... NEW THREAD !!!

Lenny
10-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Let's all work together and make this a blast, regardless of weather. Off the top, why not try and get 4 boats together for this?

Plan a great weekend at a Resort here for them both, have a few boats available, (he and Boo Boo know what cold is) and try to get out in the boats, do a tour for a day or two, grab a great lunch somewhere on an Island or two, tip a couple, great dinner(s) and breakies, and have some fun?

I am in. I will be in the X-18. The LE is getting 200 horsepower right now. Will not be ready.

Can we get Fogducker, Yeller, Mike Miller (Blackhawk) and Mach 5 together in the same place ?

Let's see. Time to plan folks. Let's make this FUN :yes:

Lenny
10-26-2008, 11:30 PM
I am thinking :rolleyes: that we grab Boo Boo and Weasel and spend a day out on the Ocean, (definately some dolphins, maybe some whales) and all spend a night in Poets Cove. 4 DONZI's at the docks, rooms above the docks, manicures, pedicures for the ladies, hot tub, bar for the guys and scooters, (no guns) :D .

We have 4 tickets to Lenny Kravitz on the 6th of November available if you are interested in coming early :)

http://www.poetscove.com/

Time to light it up folks. :yes:

where's Budman ;)

???

Donziweasel
10-27-2008, 06:56 AM
All I can say is WOW Lenny. Thank you very much. We will bring our cold weather gear. Thank again for putting on what sounds like a great couple of days.

John and Boo Boo

yeller
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I'd like to hook up, but the boat is done for the winter. Boat's tucked away and the drive is off...among other things.

If you end up doing anything on the main island let me know.

Lenny
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Will do Glen :yes:

fogducker III
10-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Jacqui and I are in, the 18C is warm as a bug in a rug in the garage and can be out in a moments notice, the "old" boat (she hates when I call her that) is ready to go if anybody needs a spare boat to run........??

Poets Cove sounds good, or Cowichan Bay for food and Salt Spring to a B & B or similar? I will let you guys call the accomodation because almost anywhere we go around here Jacqui and I are a stone's throw from the house...............:wink:

Lenny
10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Jacqui and I are in, the 18C is warm as a bug in a rug in the garage and can be out in a moments notice, the "old" boat (she hates when I call her that) is ready to go if anybody needs a spare boat to run........??

Poets Cove sounds good, or Cowichan Bay for food and Salt Spring to a B & B or similar? I will let you guys call the accomodation because almost anywhere we go around here Jacqui and I are a stone's throw from the house...............:wink:

Cowichan is a good call. :yes: There is that Restaurant on the water (docks too) over to the right, SMALL Bay. Famous food. Which one is that? I never pay attention when there.

Lenny
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
John, any chance you guys/gals ;) can be here for the Friday night/Sat Sun thing? That being Nov 14th night, for a Sat and Sunday run and fun? Deneen, (my new bride) wants to hang out and "play" all weekend but she has Corporate business in Alberta and leaves on the 17th (Monday) for it. She is bummed that she wil not meet you guys.

Can this work for you? to include her and we have a WEEKEND in Victoria together? So arrive in the afternoon of the 14th (here in Vic) we all have some fun, boat on Saturday, blow our heads right off on Staurday evening, the Gals have a Spa treatment on the Sunday AM, and we do some other fun thing in the aft then a 5 star dinner at Deep Cove Chalet on the Sunday eve?

You travel to Vancouver on the Monday AM ?

I need to know 'cuz I have to book some time off otherwise. A weekend here would definately be best :yes:

Jeremy, (Fogducker) can you get Titan out in his 22 for the weekend? And Brad with his 22 ZX as well?

Titan
10-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Now your talking, Poets and Chalet in one weekend. Our taste buds will not want to come down. Lisa and I were booked to go to Poets earlier this month but had to cancel. She loves the spa idea and the Chalet is her favorite, now I just have to work on the boating in Nov thing. I go year round, her not so much. Weekends definately work best for us. Which Brad are you talking about? The only Brad I know with a 22ZX sold it to another guy I know last summer. Could possibly do The Chalet on Friday night and save Sunday night to recoupe for work on Monday morning, whatever works.
Weather has been great, did another 81 mile cruise on Sunday. Burning up those carbon credits.

Donziweasel
10-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Lenny, I will check. The reason we were leaving the 14th was because Boo Boo has a doctor appointment on the 13th. I will see if she can move it.:crossfing:

Got a small problem that I hope will clear itself up. Had surgery on my leg on Friday and I am having some complications. Fever, tremendous amount of pain, can't walk, nerve damage. Not happy.

The doctor said I would have "minor discomfort". I called his assistant yesterday and told her what was going on. She said that was normal. I said, "why the hell did you tell me it would be minor discomfort instead of excruciating and debilitating pain?" She said, "oh, we tell everyone that." I am going to punch him in the mouth.

Lenny
10-29-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.travel.bc.ca/listings/delta-victoria-ocean-pointe-resort--spa/19213/

It has a FABULOUS Spa, is downtown, and on the water in the Harbour. Ask (demand) for a waterfront room.

Donziweasel
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Lenny,
I asked Boo Boo about her appointment and it is all she can do. We can leave later and be there for the weekend of the 21-23 if that is better. let us know and thanks for all you are doing for us.

Lenny
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Here is a better link and try for the following weekend. It should be colder by then :eek:

:D

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=51

Donziweasel
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Lenny, so the 21-23 works better? Titan, Jeremy, Yeller, Mike, does this work for you guys? Colder, hell, I bet it will be like Florida compared to JH. Anyone need some cold weather boating gear, let me know I have plenty!

The Delta looks really nice. Rates are good to, especailly with the current exchange rate.

yeller
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Regardless of the day, I have no boat. I also can not do an overnighter anywhere, even though I would like to.

If the group ends up going out in the boats for a day, and if there is room for me, I'll head over. If you guys don't go out in the water and decide on something else, I'll head over for the day. If all else fails, I'll see you 2 in Vancouver.

Date-wise it doesn't really matter for me.

fogducker III
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Regardless of the day, I have no boat. I also can not do an overnighter anywhere, even though I would like to.

If the group ends up going out in the boats for a day, and if there is room for me, I'll head over. If you guys don't go out in the water and decide on something else, I'll head over for the day. If all else fails, I'll see you 2 in Vancouver.

Date-wise it doesn't really matter for me.

I always have a spare seat, if it is REALLY cold Jacqui will give up the co-pilot seat for ya..........but no matter what, if these good people from the far south make the effort to get up here and visit, I am going out..........(I am also 100% that Mark and the local boys will as well)

:canada:

Lenny
10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
The Delta looks really nice. Rates are good to, especailly with the current exchange rate.

Get a waterfront view room if you decide to stay there.

yeller
10-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I always have a spare seat, if it is REALLY cold Jacqui will give up the co-pilot seat for ya..........but no matter what, if these good people from the far south make the effort to get up here and visit, I am going out..........(I am also 100% that Mark and the local boys will as well)Appreciate the offer. If you end up doing a day trip, I'll take you up on it.

fogducker III
11-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Lenny, so the 21-23 works better? Titan, Jeremy, Yeller, Mike, does this work for you guys? Colder, hell, I bet it will be like Florida compared to JH. Anyone need some cold weather boating gear, let me know I have plenty!

Can I take it that you are here the 21-23 weekend? Works well for us....gives me time to get the boat back together............:eek::wink:

Donziweasel
11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Looks good so far on the dates, looking foward to it.:)