PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Football Weekend - Vols vs. Bama 2008

RedDog
10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, my hapless Vols were thumped big time again, but what a great collegiate football weekend! I had family come in town from the Alexandria VA and Nashville for the UT / ‘Bama game. My 14 year-old nephew from VA is a huge sports fan and especially a Vols fan. He knows all of the players and stats.

We started the day with a big tailgate party right by campus. Great food and drinks – I bet we alone fed 100 – many kids (young adults) that my boys knew. From there we went to the Vol Walk to watch the players and coaches proceed to the stadium. After that we headed over to the UT Athletic Dept’s tailgate. I didn’t have an invite for it this game but we hung out near and my nephew was able to score some autographs from former players from the ’98 National Championship team – QB Tee Martin and OL Fred Weary in particular.

Then we had access to the field during pre-game warm-up. Dusty (nephew) was in heaven with the cheerleaders. After we left the field we got a tour of the stadium sky boxes – so that’s how the rich manage!

The game started and things went downhill for the rest of the evening. Just what does “Rammer Jammer Yeller Hammer” mean? All I know is I never want to hear it again. It was yelled in unison by 30,000 #&*@$’in Bama fans at the end of the game.

The pictures attached follow the events described above.

Barry Eller
10-27-2008, 07:06 AM
My wife, Denise, a UT grad, cussed and stomped her feet so much watching that game that my stomach hurt laughing at her!

Looks like next year will be the deciding factor on Phillip Fulmer's future.

Cuda
10-27-2008, 07:38 AM
If Bama faces the Gators in for the SEC Championship, we'll give them their commupence for you. :)

RedDog
10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
If Bama faces the Gators in for the SEC Championship, we'll give them their commupence for you. :)

Thank you Cuda. I'll be pulling for you

Donzi Vol
10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
My wife, Denise, a UT grad, cussed and stomped her feet so much watching that game that my stomach hurt laughing at her!

Looks like next year will be the deciding factor on Phillip Fulmer's future.

Let's hope THIS year is the deciding factor! Send my condolences to Denise...was certainly a sad game to endure.

RedDog, great pictures! Glad you all had such a good time! Personally, I watched the game at a lady friend's cabin all nice and cozy :)

The Hedgehog
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Thank you Cuda. I'll be pulling for you

Heck, I figured you guys would be pulling for Bama. Have you not had enough of Fulmer.

Oh yeah, we will spank the Gators if necessary.

Cuda
10-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Heck, I figured you guys would be pulling for Bama. Have you not had enough of Fulmer.
Oh yeah, we will spank the Gators if necessary.
Pulease! They won't even make the Citrus Bowl this year. Do you remember when Spurrier said you can't spell Citrus without UT? :yes::kingme:

The Hedgehog
10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Pulease! They won't even make the Citrus Bowl this year. Do you remember when Spurrier said you can't spell Citrus without UT? :yes::kingme:

Hmm. We shall see about that after you face the Dogs this weekend. I think that the Southern Boys from Ga will dole one out!:pimp::cool!::kingme: