PDA

View Full Version : New cover..........

fogducker III
10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Not a big deal, but I am happy how it turned out.........

A friend stopped by yesterday and with his handy dandy sewing machine set up in the back of his van constructed this piece of art.

I removed all the old black pin stripping and at the suggestion of my better half, replaced it with red.............:eek:

Wasn't sure how it was going to look, but I think I like it...?

My buddy used Top Gun material and not only matched the teal center stripe, he matched the red pin strips with red piping and replaced all the studs, pop buttons, clips or whatever you decide to call them, with new good quality stainless. I also removed the engine cover hinges and had them re-chromed, a case of beer well spent........:yes:

Now just waiting for the Imco shortie, top end gear set, Imco steering kit and the Imco drive shower....... should be good to go.........

PS. Lenny, I passed by Piers yesterday and I think I picked out your place? There was no flag flying so the girlfriend didn't bother flashing........:wink: We should get together sometime and I can pick your brains about props...?

yeller
10-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Looks good. I used to upholster. Top Gun was my favourite for boat tops. It's nearly indestructible. That'll last for years.
Just an FYI: don't use it if making a full cover. I'm sure you can tell it's much too abrasive for that.

kramsay1234
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
that looks great. For a case of beer maybe he will make me one too??

fogducker III
10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I wish it cost a case of beer! The re-chromed hinges cost the beer..the top was a little more, a fair price for how it turned out.

that looks great. For a case of beer maybe he will make me one too??