PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Help 350 MerCruiser

ajochum
10-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks for all the previous help. If you remember, I had to remove the Alpha outdrive to fit in garage. Have removed all 4 brass screws and turned out the two on the bottom of block to drain all water. Have removed T-stat and even flushed.

Now I just poured in 1 1/2 gallons of RV antifreeze and it is pouring out the back of where the outdrive was. That makes sense to me, but how do I best plug that area to leave the antifreeze in for the Winter?

MOP
10-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you have to the "Set it & Forget it" point! You should be just fine, now start dreaming about next spring!!

Phil

ajochum
10-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks Phil - Know what I did? Took a piece of ducktape and taped hole to outdrive. Then I used a piece of pink 1" thick pink solid insulation, pushed it throught the three studs where the outdrive attaches, and bolted it flush to the hole/ducktape. It effectively blocks the hole nicely and then I filled thru the T-stat. Ran out of antifreeze at three gallons, but will buy more tomorrow and complete it until it comes out top of T-stat.

Now, I'm gonna wax.. Automotive wax OK?

osur866
10-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Look at the products from Leverage by far the best IMO, Steve