PDA

View Full Version : Hornet sunpad, ladder, railing?

handfulz28
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Can someone share some insight on why some Hornets have these and some don't? Was it an option? These things, along with the bench front seat, are what draw me to the Hornet. I'm trying to decide how important they are to have original, or whether I would start with a non-equipped version and add my own.

I also need to decide which windshield I like better, the taller more curved or the plexi Classic-like one.

Thanks,
Michael

mattyboy
10-23-2008, 02:11 PM
well it really depends on what type of hornet you are talking about as to what was original and what was an option???

Bob
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
The original 19' Hornet had two models: one with a "classic" 2+3 configuration (2 buckets and a bench) and a single bench seat.

The Hornet II (20') has a pass-through front bench seat with a rear bench seat. No single bench seat model.

I believe the Hornet III (21') went with the 2 +3 seating setup.

superhatz
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Can someone share some insight on why some Hornets have these and some don't? Was it an option? These things, along with the bench front seat, are what draw me to the Hornet. I'm trying to decide how important they are to have original, or whether I would start with a non-equipped version and add my own.

I also need to decide which windshield I like better, the taller more curved or the plexi Classic-like one.

Thanks,
Michael

Sounds like a Hornet II.

handfulz28
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
OK, that helps a bit then knowing the different models.

It's a II that I want, but what has my attention is a bench/bench with plexi windshield (no wind deflectors) and no ladder/rail/sunpad.

I guess I'm interested in confirming that if I want to add these things it doesn't take away anything from the originality of the model.

mattyboy
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
hornet and hornetII had the higher windshield

the hornetIII had a all plexi low windshield like the classics it also had the walk thru bench up front

handfulz28
10-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Is it the -3 at the end of the HIN that would denote a Hornet "III"? Was the III considered a 20' or 21'? One HIN that I'm looking at dissects as a 20' built in '83. So with the low windshield, bench seat, no ladder it sounds like a III.

mattyboy
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
The original 19' Hornet had two models: one with a "classic" 2+3 configuration (2 buckets and a bench) and a single bench seat.
The Hornet II (20') has a pass-through front bench seat with a rear bench seat. No single bench seat model.
I believe the Hornet III (21') went with the 2 +3 seating setup.

read that response the answer to your question lies within

handfulz28
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I've been helping the girlfriend with a literary analysis class...what a major PITA to figure out what's written "between the lines." I need the answers spelled out. :kyle: :lifeprese:

mattyboy
10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
post the HIN then then we can spell it out