PDA

View Full Version : Local robbery!

MOP
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I need to give a tip to anyone who has a Bilco cellar door, a neighbor down the rood had a crook get into his house through the Bilco door. There is an extremely easy fix that I and now he is using, simply clamp a pair of Vise Grips on the tang of the latch. Once done the old trick of shaking the Bilco until the latch trips no longer works, mine has had the VG's on for 20 some odd years. Some will say put a padlock my trick is far simpler and fool proof with no key to misplace!

Phil

mrfixxall
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I need to give a tip to anyone who has a Bilco cellar door, a neighbor down the rood had a crook get into his house through the Bilco door. There is an extremely easy fix that I and now he is using, simply clamp a pair of Vise Grips on the tang of the latch. Once done the old trick of shaking the Bilco until the latch trips no longer works, mine has had the VG's on for 20 some odd years. Some will say put a padlock my trick is far simpler and fool proof with no key to misplace!
Phil

My dad tiik a few 2x10 wood and nailed a bunch of nails through it and set them on the lower stepps. i asked what is that for???? he replyed its easyier to catch a thief if he cant run :)