PDA

View Full Version : There may be ethanol hope on the horizon!

MOP
10-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Check out some of these links on ethanol.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ethanol+class+action+suite&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

BigGrizzly
10-23-2008, 07:58 AM
If you remember I said over two years ago that this maybe an issue. I waiting for a lawsuit to occur. Honda, being an auto,motorcycle,power equipment and marine manufacture could not jump on the band wagon and scream against E10 because of adverse publicity.

mk32j
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I have a friend at a marine parts and service dealership in Pompano
who has had numerous problems with fuel related issues on all the big outboard manufacturers regarding the fuel hoses turning into a gum like consistency and clogging up injectors and reed valves in outboards less than 2 yrs old she presently has 4 boats with different outboards but all with the same issues.

VetteLT193
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope something happens but I thought I remember reading that the lawsuits will probably be dropped because the government is mandating the Ethanol so the oil companies hands are tied. not sure though...

BigGrizzly
10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Government is intervening, it seems that ethanol gets worse fuel economy then regular gasoline without it. This has upset their reasoning. Remember the law states how much can be added not how little there is in it. At this point EPA is busy with other issues and this is a low priority.