PDA

View Full Version : Fall Pics

Craig
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Just some cool pics of the boat from a bridge...

BlownCrewCab
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
A Couple people look cold.

Craig
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
It was a tad chilly...

...that toughens 'em up!

Craig
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Here's a short video clip (link) to the boat buzzing under a bridge at Deep Creek Lake, Maryland (same place, smae day the stills were shot).

YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azaZ3NB63h4

roadtrip se
10-22-2008, 08:44 PM
quite literally. Click and blow one up and there is a big old ugly bow line hanging over the nose. What's up with that?

Craig
10-23-2008, 06:40 AM
What did I miss here? That's the rope that I tie the bow to the dock with. Man, I'm thinking something here has gone right over my head!:boggled:

I'm also thinking I'm about one post away from being embarrassed!

Cuda
10-23-2008, 06:47 AM
What did I miss here? That's the rope that I tie the bow to the dock with. Man, I'm thinking something here has gone right over my head!:boggled:
I'm also thinking I'm about one post away from being embarrassed!
Some people don't require a bow line. They whistle, and the trailer backs itself under the boat. :rolleyes:
My trailer is still in training.

Craig
10-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Now see; this could start a whole pointless conversation and debate over whether it's best to use the bow/trailer ring or the lifting ring on the deck to tie up at the dock; or whether it's best to have a snap hook and always unhook the bow line while underway...
I tend to leave that puppy on there when I'm using the boat even though it ain't as pretty.
But the one in the picture is actually fairly new and clean and at least it's white (not blue like the stern rope). I have used two blue lines on my green boat (even thought it doesn't match) for many years because it was great rope. I just couldn't find my other blue rope earlier this year, so there it is; a blue one and a white one...
Okay, okay, I'll get some dark green ones and keep them in the floor box next time I get a chance for some "bridge pics." :biggrin.:
Wow, I can't believe I wrote almost 3 paragraphs about my bow line!
Okay, here's a picture (last shot of the same day). Boat's on the trailer and "no" bow line! :-)

roadtrip se
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
There has been some noise in the event section under "AOTH 2009"
about bow lines on the noses of our boats.

Purty boat for sure.

Craig
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
:rolleyes: Ah, it all makes sense now! See, that's what I get for not checking in for a long time!

Carl C
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
whether it's best to have a snap hook and always unhook the bow line while underway...
I tend to leave that puppy on there when I'm using the boat even though it ain't as pretty.
I use the snap hook but you're not the only one to leave the line in place (not me in pic). Cool pics, thanks for sharing. I'm still hoping for another boat ride but it's not looking good!

Donziweasel
10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Craig, is that a Cobalt or Donzi? Just curious. The graphics look like a Cobalt. Sweet pics.

Craig
10-24-2008, 06:48 AM
It's my 1969 Cobalt XV-200 (Donzi 16 copy).

Here's one more video link (while 'm typing) that I added to YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43BbelR-QI

This one shows the boat coming toward the camera. All this talk about "bows" made me think I should throw this one in! :yes: