PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy these air scoops?

ClassicFanatic
10-18-2008, 07:19 AM
As i topic says: Where can i buy these air scoops?

I have a 16c 1993. Need new air scoops.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/laksen/airscoop.jpg

Shipping to Norway.

fogducker III
10-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I just bought a set of four Perko scoups from West Marine that were an exact match for mine.......? I will see if i can dig up the item part number.

I don't know if the set that were on there were factory but when I removed them it did not look like they had ever been replaced, either way, they were not expensive (less than $100 for all four) and they look great.

BUIZILLA
10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I just bought a set of four Perko scoups from West Marine that were an exact match for mine.......? I will see if i can dig up the item part number. did the ones you bought have the black plastic spacers underneath??

fogducker III
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes they have the plastic base, same as the ones I removed. I realize they are probably not original but they look good and for the price............?

BUIZILLA
10-18-2008, 08:32 AM
the ones Classic is seeking are one piece, and the screw holes don't line up with what you have.

ClassicFanatic
10-18-2008, 10:39 AM
the ones Classic is seeking are one piece, and the screw holes don't line up with what you have.

That is correct.

MOP
10-18-2008, 03:31 PM
The first picture shows an 18 with the raised hatch, my 91 16 had the Perko's with the black plastic bases I did not think they went back to the bronze ones. Like mentioned above they are not only a different shape but also the holes are different. The Perko's are very easy to get the bronze are very tough and very expensive!

krock66
03-04-2009, 06:23 AM
I busted one of mine and just took it to a local metal Foundry. They molded one of the good ones, made a new one, and then I had all of them (including the backing plate) rechromed. Good as new. Little expensive, but if you want original it's an option.

mphatc
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Krock66,

can you share with us the name of the shop that did this work for you, maybe they still have the mold and can reproduce these!

I'd like a spare set for my Corsican, and might also use them on the Magnum . .they look better than the ugly Perko pieces on the boat.

Mario L.

1969 Donzi Corsican
C18 C32
1968 Magnum 27

LKSD
03-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I have access to the castings for those style vents, however they would need to be chromed. Poodle is right there are a few different sizes also some had screens. If any of you are interested in them I would need the dimensions of the ones you are seeking. I also can have them chromed but as it was mentioned earlier by someone these style vents are going to be a bit pricey by the time its done. I also have available the new style ones that are currently used they are mch cheaper.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
J, I "think" all three styles had grooves for screens..

I think you may be right now that I am thinking of it, however I never payed super close attention to it... :) J

rustnrot
03-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Jamie, I'd like prices for the rough castings please either here or via pm. Since we are rebuilding a boat, what sizes do they come? We got a great local chromer who will do rough castings. I do drill mounting holes prior to taking to him.

Don't particularly want or care for the screens if that makes a difference...

LKSD
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I will do a little digging & see what I have & get back to you.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Currently I can do these sizes for the older Donzi vents :

Length - Width - opening (all in inches)
5.75 5 3.75 x 1 1/8"
7 6.25 5 x 2 3/8"

I am selling them in sets of a minimum 4 or more only. Screens are no longer included(and I do not currently sell them), and they are made of brass & are unchromed. I can chrome them if required for an extra charge.. Contact me for pricing on any of it.. ;)

BTW.. The new style vents are not a problem and are currently also available from me with no minumum quantities for the new style vents

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628