PDA

View Full Version : Looking at this donzi 27zr

fasttrucker
10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Iam refusing to join the economic downturn that is effecting the usa right now.I would like to do my share to help the economy.Unlike joe bidden who things I should pay more taxes to the gov.I think I should buy a new donzi.I might be just dreaming but who knows what might happen this spring?These pictures are from jackson marine.Last pic is a 28zx

Shanghied Again
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Bang for the buck, I would go with the 27ZR she is just as fast as the 28ZX with twins with a single 496/425HP, the ride is fanastic and she is great in rough water.

fasttrucker
10-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Frank,I think your right about the 27zr it would use a lot less gas then a 28zx.Their is a used one,a 2008 27zr with 27 hours in fl for $69,900.The donzi has nice blue painted sides but he only wants to give me 20,000 for my trade.Iam asking 30k for my 2002 22zx.The guy in fl said boat sales are so bad right now.My season is over in two weeks,ive got a lot of time to look around till next year.

fasttrucker
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Frank,I think your right about the 27zr it would use a lot less gas then a 28zx.Their is a used one,a 2008 27zr with 27 hours in fl for $69,900.The donzi has nice blue painted sides but he only wants to give me 20,000 for my trade.Iam asking 30k for my 2002 22zx.The guy in fl said boat sales are so bad right now.My season is over in two weeks,ive got a lot of time to look around till next year.
Oh no

fasttrucker
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Looks like Iam going to keep the 22zx for another year.No loan credit market is bad.

mrfixxall
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Looks like Iam going to keep the 22zx for another year.No loan credit market is bad.

Try getting a loan from the government!! they seen to be giving everybody else our money :yes:

BigGrizzly
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
GO Mr FIXXALL, GO

The Hedgehog
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
GO Mr FIXXALL, GO

Maybe I should call my mortgage servicer and ask them if I can write down my mortgage because "I have a right to own a home." Then I could take my addional income that I recovered, buy another boat and help stimulate the economy.

I guess that I would have been better off if I had gotten a nice big appraisal and borrowed 105% of my house so I could have gotten one of those deals.

osur866
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Only 105%, heck I thought you would go for 125% :rolleyes: Steve

Carl C
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I really like the 27ZR and I'm surprised it hasn't sold better. I do think it needs more power than the 496HO but that's just me. There is a used one for sale on this site that looks like a fantastic deal and if you'd like I could tell you where you might find another good deal on a new one if you send a PM.

fasttrucker
10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
I really like the 27ZR and I'm surprised it hasn't sold better. I do think it needs more power than the 496HO but that's just me. There is a used one for sale on this site that looks like a fantastic deal and if you'd like I could tell you where you might find another good deal on a new one if you send a PM.This whole thing is impulsive of me.My wife went back to full time and we now are getting heath care thru her work.....So,What do I do.............Look Out.....Buy a new DONZI.....but
Ive hit a snag,keybank is out of the marine lending biz as of this coming monday.I can get a loan from another bank and use my biz line of credit.Not smart but I can do that.With the stock market crash and the fact that no boats are selling I can get a great deal.Iam going to take my time and really look around.Carl,my old 28zx had 600hp+ and would really kick in a 27zr.If gas prices go up again, I would be better off with a stock 496H.O.:pizza:

Carl C
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
This whole thing is impulsive of me.My wife went back to full time and we now are getting heath care thru her work.....So,What do I do.............Look Out.....Buy a new DONZI.....but
Ive hit a snag,keybank is out of the marine lending biz as of this coming monday.I can get a loan from another bank and use my biz line of credit.Not smart but I can do that.With the stock market crash and the fact that no boats are selling I can get a great deal.Iam going to take my time and really look around.Carl,my old 28zx had 600hp+ and would really kick in a 27zr.If gas prices go up again, I would be better off with a stock 496H.O.:pizza: Last I knew "jeddski" had a nearly new one for sale at a very good price. Try National City bank. I really think the time is right for a single engine entry level off-shore boat. You won't have the extra cost of purchasing, maintaining and operating a second engine/drive. I have unlimited towing coverage from BoatU.S. for a very low price so I feel safe going on the Great Lakes with one engine. Make sure you have a good VHF and cell phone, etc. Good luck. I hope you are able to get into a 27ZR!:hyper:

zelatore
10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
There are loans out there to be had, but you need solid credit and 20-25% down.

I've got a loan funding through Key bank today on a $80K boat. Nothing big, just a basic used boat deal.

We've lost some of our banks, but others are filling the gap. We lost the 30 year terms, but I don't think we ever wrote one of those anyway. You can also look at some of the marine specific lenders like Trident or Essex.

If you can swing it, this is a heck of a time to buy a boat. By the same token, home sales here in CA are way up with people buying up bargains. Of course, prices are way down and foreclosures are sky-high, but sales volume itself is way up. I've got a couple of real estate agents as clients who are looking to move up to bigger boats as they're swamped with business.

rtgogo
10-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Nat City was aquired by PNC today.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Fast Trucker, I can't keep up with you!

Looking at a new boat uh? I think I am in my 33ZX until death, which is fine by me, would like bigger and faster but wouldn't we all. Stay in what you have for now.

Loans, yes many to be had, especially if your FICO is high and are a credit union member. I got 4% on my new truck.

Best of luck Truck, talk to you again soon. Give my best to Woody.

Bryan

mattyboy
10-25-2008, 09:40 AM
now there are two guys i would take advice from when it comes to a zx Frank C and Bryan T they both went 22zx 26zx to a 33zx ;)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Matty, and trust me I have an opinion! On everything...

The 22 and 26 were a different breed than the 33.

The 22ZX had great power, yet a crappy Alpha drive, blew several. The 22ZX was a great starter boat for me in 1999, the bay and the ocean is a different arena than most realize.

The 26ZX at over 7000 pounds was to much for a standard bravo one, blew several drives. (one WAS my fault, too much air).

The 33ZX, right weight for stock power and Bravo X Drives, a great combo (knock on wood)....

To do it all over again, I would have slipped in a 28ZX with T 377's Scorpions, just to try that out. I rode in one in KY and I was impressed at 80 MPH for a heavy boat.

OK, board on a Saturday afternoon while every one naps at the Tuvell residence... so that is my two cents.

Bryan

ajochum
10-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Maybe I should call my mortgage servicer and ask them if I can write down my mortgage because "I have a right to own a home." Then I could take my addional income that I recovered, buy another boat and help stimulate the economy.

I guess that I would have been better off if I had gotten a nice big appraisal and borrowed 105% of my house so I could have gotten one of those deals.

I'm thinking that since my main stock was at 70 in January and it now at around 18, they should pay me the difference. Seems that's what they want to do with people that bought houses.

mjw930
10-25-2008, 06:32 PM

Yep, those of us who didn't over extend and have decent fixed rate loans on property has lost value are screwed.

I think i need to short sell my house to my inlaws then buy it back at the short price. A quick way to write down $100K since Wachovia will just hit up the feds for the $100K loss. Of course that hoses my credit but one can dream.....

On topic, I agree that the larger one engine boats might just make a comeback with the high fuel and tight market. 10 years ago when I bought my Velocity 280 I had a basic formula, I wanted the longest boat I could get that would go 70+ mph on one stock Mercury black motor, 502 or 454 mag. I ended up with a 26' Velocity (name changed to 280 when the feds made everyone include the platform in the measurements) with a 454 mag bravo that ran 71 mph box stock.

I guess what I'm saying is look around at all the builders out there and see who makes the most efficient sub 30' boats. You should be able to find a number of boats in the 26 - 29' range that will run 70 mph with the 496 HO and when you decide that's not enough a simple call the Raylor will cure your need for speed :)

fasttrucker
10-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Ive owned a lot of boats over the years.I started with a 10ft johnboat with a 3 1/2 hp evenruide.I ran the new river in fort lauderdale fla when I was 10 years old with it.Now ive Sold the 28zx and I was going to buy a skater 24 with a center pod and a 300hp merc outboard.It had No portapotty for my wife so thats out.I was looking at the 30ft superboat light fast race boat.Then got this 22zx and it has a portapotty.Iam ok with it but Its too small for her.Too ruff in the bay.The 27zr is a light single engine boat with a cabin and the step hull makes for better mpg.I found one that is priced so low.Has a little damage but can be fixed-up for very little $$$.I need to sell my 22zx:crossfing:Price is now lowered $5k Iam only asking now $25,000.Thats the lowest priced on the internet sites for its year/model.These internet sites are a lot of $$$$. I do not know if it would sell off season and I hate to waste the cash with an ad.

fasttrucker
10-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Bryan,Ive looked at the 33zx and we like it but,I like to boat too much.I run too many hours a season.I wasnt happy with the gas bill on the 28zx and two big blocks would really kill me.Thats why I went with the 22zx and small block.I really envy you and frank,s nice 33zx,s.Maybe someday,then again my daughter is going to college next year,then my son will go when she gets out.Like the guy on t.v...........somebody HELP!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Truck, I hear ya man... gotta pay to play, we have been out every Sunday since July, gas AND lost TWO anchors. My luck has to get better.
Anchor donations taken, I will post my address.

College, you better start saving now, we had a great plan for our college girl, but the "oh by the ways" will still get you every time, sorority dues, car won't start etc.
If I didn't have two kids I would be in the fastest 38 Comp Donzi could build. But a card from my girl or a charlie horse from my son is better than any darn boat! Did you watch the UFC fights last night? We did.. awesome..

Keep us posted on what your doing, I am sure someday our paths will cross again, good to hear your doing well and still love boating, if you end up with a 496HO I think you will love that motor. I love mine.

Bryan

The Hedgehog
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
My 26ZX eats 28 Scorpions for breakfast.

Shanghied Again
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Truck, I hear ya man... gotta pay to play, we have been out every Sunday since July, gas AND lost TWO anchors. My luck has to get better.
Anchor donations taken, I will post my address.
College, you better start saving now, we had a great plan for our college girl, but the "oh by the ways" will still get you every time, sorority dues, car won't start etc.
If I didn't have two kids I would be in the fastest 38 Comp Donzi could build. But a card from my girl or a charlie horse from my son is better than any darn boat! Did you watch the UFC fights last night? We did.. awesome..
Keep us posted on what your doing, I am sure someday our paths will cross again, good to hear your doing well and still love boating, if you end up with a 496HO I think you will love that motor. I love mine.
Bryan
AMEN Brother on the kids! First Priority, Cars, Repairs, School, books, You name it and the older they get the more they want? Geez. But I love them so family before boating. Thats why I had to cut back on Poker Runs this year to much money and like you That ZR Comp would have been a nice package with 700s NXT but I am very happy with the 33ZX, she may not be the fastest but she handles the ruff stuff well.

jeddski
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
We have a 2007 27ZR that we're looking to sell. The boat is in perfect condition and ready to go. Currently the she is at a dealer in MD but I'll be picking it up in a week to have it wrapped for the winter. I was going to take the boat off of the market for the winter and was just starting to make a slip reservation for next summer. Send me a PM if you're interested in our boat.

Around 120hrs, blue/white/silver graphics, merc 496 HO, pretty much all of the available options (except the upgraded $3k stereo as the 496 makes better music anyway). I have complete specs, the options list, and photos.

The comments made so far about the ZR have been spot on. These are light hulls that handle beautifully. With the 496 HO you'll get great speed but the economy is just as impressive. We had a blown 454 in a 22zx which was a faster, incredibly thirsty boat, but the ride is nothing like that of the ZR. I think that with a few of the mods available for the 496 this could be an incredible ride.

fasttrucker
11-08-2008, 12:57 PM
We have a 2007 27ZR that we're looking to sell. The boat is in perfect condition and ready to go. Currently the she is at a dealer in MD but I'll be picking it up in a week to have it wrapped for the winter. I was going to take the boat off of the market for the winter and was just starting to make a slip reservation for next summer. Send me a PM if you're interested in our boat.
Around 120hrs, blue/white/silver graphics, merc 496 HO, pretty much all of the available options (except the upgraded $3k stereo as the 496 makes better music anyway). I have complete specs, the options list, and photos.
The comments made so far about the ZR have been spot on. These are light hulls that handle beautifully. With the 496 HO you'll get great speed but the economy is just as impressive. We had a blown 454 in a 22zx which was a faster, incredibly thirsty boat, but the ride is nothing like that of the ZR. I think that with a few of the mods available for the 496 this could be an incredible ride.
Ive seen your boat on a boats for sale on-line site.I think,anyway,I can buy a brand new 2007 with a trailer for what you are asking for yours.Sorry to let you know that:frown::frown:In fact I found one with 12 hours for less then $50k.I didnt want to post that :eek:and wont tell anybody about it as Iam going to buy it if I sell my Donzi.If you want to trade down for my 2002 22zx then pm me.The way things are now I cant sell mine either.Maybe this spring boats will start to sell again.Good luck!

Last Real Texan
11-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Ive seen your boat on a boats for sale on-line site.I think,anyway,I can buy a brand new 2007 with a trailer for what you are asking for yours.Sorry to let you know that:frown::frown:In fact I found one with 12 hours for less then $50k.I didnt want to post that :eek:and wont tell anybody about it as Iam going to buy it if I sell my Donzi.If you want to trade down for my 2002 22zx then pm me.The way things are now I cant sell mine either.Maybe this spring boats will start to sell again.Good luck!
I know where that boat is as well........
Tex

jeddski
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
For 50k I'd rather just keep the boat, which is what we're now planning on doing. Sort of scary to see what the boat market has done in the last few months.

Then again maybe this is my opportunity to look into selling the 496HO so that an Ilmor 710 could find a new home.... (hey a guy can dream right?)

fasttrucker
11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
The boat for 50k has about 5k in damage from a storm that knocked it off its trailer and tore off the bravo drive.It comes with no trailer.It may have other damage which you cant see.Like hull/stringer cracked-ups.?

jeddski
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Then that starts to make a bit more sense. By the time you rebuild the boat, add in a trailer, and possible option differences... I've seen a lot of the other 27's that are listed and it seems that they have different (ie smaller tabs). Wondering if people are ordering them without the optional tabs or if Donzi has changed them somewhere along the way?

SilverBack
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
The boat for 50k has about 5k in damage from a storm that knocked it off its trailer and tore off the bravo drive.It comes with no trailer.It may have other damage which you cant see.Like hull/stringer cracked-ups.?

That boat is right down the road from Harbour master but I am not to sure about that sales guy. He told me 36,000 first then he wanted more than 50 k. He is all over the place on the price.

Shanghied Again
11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Fast: I would be very careful on a ZR that has hull damage, they are kevlar hulls, If repaired wrong the boat can delaminate, I have seen this on a few bigger ZRs that had the stringers fixed and a few months down the road the bottoms ripped off. UGLY!

breeze400
11-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Personally, I woulden't buy A damaged boat. To much at risk! I've seen A repaied 27 Elimanator come apart during A poker run. Not pretty! I was allmost in that boat too!

cutwater
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
If you're serious about a 27 ZR, you should take a look at Jeddski's... It is a sweet boat and would probably end up being a better deal in the long run. You never know what you're going to get when you buy a damaged boat.

fasttrucker
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Fast: I would be very careful on a ZR that has hull damage, they are kevlar hulls, If repaired wrong the boat can delaminate, I have seen this on a few bigger ZRs that had the stringers fixed and a few months down the road the bottoms ripped off. UGLY!
Unsure if there is hull damage but,It looks like I might buy a brand new 27zr if I can swing it.I have also seen a site for repo,s but they charge a fee to look.Have you had any luck with any of the repo site,s?

SilverBack
11-16-2008, 11:02 AM
It looks like the insurance company took your ZR and put it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260316194414

too rich for my blood!!

SilverBack
11-16-2008, 11:26 AM
http://usauctions.com/ItemDetails.aspx?ID=8519

some more pictures