PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Donzi Owners Rally - DESTIN, FL

MikeMiller
10-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow I must be in a mood tonight.

HarborMaster and myself have been talking and we were stoked, along with everyone else, about the boating in Destin, FL. It was truly incredible!!!

So, I am doing it again, with HM's help!

September 25-27, 2009. (I'm nuts!)

Damn the torpedoes, let them eat cake, and all that stuff.

JEFE will be there NO DOUBT, and what other reason does there need to be? Rumshakers will definitely be back, too!

So please, please, please think about being there.

All details will be posted as we get into the next year.

Barry Eller
10-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Denise and I will be there!

I promise "YIPPY-KAI-YAY" won't act like a "Mother ****er" this time!!!

fegettes
10-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Melinda and I will be there.

And I will even bring a boat this next time.:cool!:

Steve

JimG
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
It's on our calendar!

Jraysray
10-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Give us a year and we can commit to anything!! :yes::yes:

East bound and down loaded up and Truckin…

BigGrizzly
10-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I am there. Keep it rolling and up on top of the events calender. As for me, We liked Ft. Walton much better then Sota. The food was better Too. The water inside was great and plenty of room to have fun. Next time Yipp-ki yea will be in top form and that Donzi in panthera's clothing will be on time. I am sure that Jefe and Harbor master will do it again. I bet there could even be a cook out on that beach( hint). If There needs to be more advance notice so people can set their vacation schedules. This could be really fine.

Team Jefe
10-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Two Donzi Owner's Rallies back-to-back. The Lone Star Event in PK will be the weekend before.

F*ck it, I'm in. I love PK and have fallen in love with Destin/Ft. Walton. Besides...St. Mikey puts on a GREAT Rally:yes:.

OK Steve, Jim, Scott....How about a Doubleheader for y'all as well...GO BIG....its the Texas way.

Team Jefe
10-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Oh, and I'd like to see some boats that can outrun The Revenge next year....Don't get me wrong, I like being out front...But I am so not used to it that I forget to look back and make sure everyone else is still with me:lookaroun:.....

......Why, Yes sir, you are correct....that was the telltale sound of a gauntlet hitting the ground:kingme:.

Barry Eller
10-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Next time Yipp-ki yea will be in top form and that Donzi in panthera's clothing will be on time.

That Pantera on time? :nilly:

Yippy-Kai-Yay in top form, you betcha!:wrench::wrench::wrench::crossfing:

MikeMiller
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow!! Plan on this event happening Fo' Sho!!!

Can't wait.

Mark your calendars: September 25-27, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChromeGorilla
10-30-2008, 12:40 AM
If I'm not overseaes...we're there. :crossfing:

Team Jefe
10-30-2008, 11:21 AM
if you are overseas, then Michelle can come with Dam* Yankee

or she can drive over with some of her girl friends....I have plenty of room on the Revenge

I'm liking this plan more and more:kingme:

BigGrizzly
10-31-2008, 12:19 PM
I will get a spear blower belt, Bring more props to weight down the Expedition.

VetteLT193
11-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Can I suggest SanDestin? We could keep the boats splashed and there are plenty of places to stumble to after dark to keep the party going. :wink:

minxclassic20
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I will be there with minx again, and this time we we have the blown 22ZX and the Geogeous gray 22 gt there. Oh yes they got it back!!!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey, be ON TIME next year.:):):)

JustMercMe
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey, be ON TIME next year.:):):)

They will be on time this year.....I will make sure of it!:rock:

Donziweasel
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Hmmm......Boo Boo's parents live an hour away......maybe it will be time for a road trip back east, doubt I will have the Critter and might need a seat or two if anyone has room.......

JustMercMe
03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA

Damn, Mikey looked at a calender for a change..:odie::odie:

We got Arkansas @ home.... Just gonna have to miss one I guess.

DW, Were bringing 3 boats in our crowd as of now and none are up to full capacity so come on!

RunninRed
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Cant wait! :drunk:

sweet 16 1966
03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Count me in as we will be making up for not being there last year by having twice the fun!!

BigGrizzly
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Good Lake Lanier is up another 1.5 feet only 9 below pool and highest in the past 3 years.:yes::yes:

JustMercMe
04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Good Lake Lanier is up another 1.5 feet only 9 below pool and highest in the past 3 years.:yes::yes:

Thats rediculous.....These water wars between GA & FL have to stop....We just got flooded down here due to all the rain this past week. They held the water as long as they could then dropped it 14-15 ft within a day..... Sucked the water so fast that the water had no time to drain out of my seawalls and they all failed....I had a small one built with 4x6 poles and it snapped them all like toothpicks......O well, rebuild time! Blank canvas is good!

Man I wish summer would hurry up....I need a beer & a Jimmy Buffet song!

BigGrizzly
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I would be happy if they closed this dan for at least another 8 feet. The fools don't realize that whnen summer hits, the lake will drop like a stone then there will be a drout again.

JustMercMe
05-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Bringing it to the top....

BigGrizzly
05-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Merc How is the boat running? Running red don't forget Eufaula and you and that Minx better be on time for Dustin this year, If your significant other gets a bur under her saddle leave her home:tongue::lightning

JustMercMe
05-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Boat's running good! Got it back a couple of weeks ago. Did a great job on the warranty work and were nothing but top notch everytime I talked with them. Tried a 28 Bravo I and it torqued so bad on top end it would ride with a lean plus it brought my speed down about 4 mph. Going back to the 27 Mirage +. I hate I missed the AOTH this year. Deffinately wanna try to make it next year. Were going to Eufaula monday for Memorial Day to check things out. Where's Forrest been? Isn't there usually a post for Eufaula? Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again.

BigGrizzly
05-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Forrest will be moving soon, I am sure. Bring the boat and we will get that prop issue handled. I know I can beat the two you tried in handling and speed.:yes:

JustMercMe
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Forrest will be moving soon, I am sure. Bring the boat and we will get that prop issue handled. I know I can beat the two you tried in handling and speed.:yes:

Sounds like a plan....Looking forward to it!

MikeMiller
05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, what do you think? Should we do it in Destin again or what?
Will more people come? Man I hope so.
Let me know if we should do it?????
Mikey

fegettes
05-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Mikey

I vote DESTIN!
And yes, more people will come.

VetteLT193
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Destin is good, Although I'll re-iterate to check out Sandestin. We can leave the boats in and they have shuttles everywhere. Basically, we'll splash the boats and never touch the trucks until it's time to pull the boats back out and go home.

Great restaurants and bars there,etc. I wrote in to them and they are really willing to work with any group because it's slow season when this is planned.

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm out just for the sheer reason of the timing...I am working every year in texas during this event.....I'm a dead man from the second week in September through the third weekend in October.....Bummer, I'd go wherevever it was evry year if the timing was different...can we say late October...it's stilll warm down there then...wishful thinking, oh well.

Tex

VetteLT193
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm out just for the sheer reason of the timing...I am working every year in texas during this event.....I'm a dead man from the second week in September through the third weekend in October.....Bummer, I'd go wherevever it was evry year if the timing was different...can we say late October...it's stilll warm down there then...wishful thinking, oh well.

Tex

Destin is a crap shoot in Sept. It's cold in Oct. for sure.

Last Real Texan
05-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Destin is a crap shoot in Sept. It's cold in Oct. for sure.
right you are but it was worth a try....but really how many of you swim even in the last week of September...:popcorn:

Donzi Vol
05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Destin is cool and I'll do my best to get there. With my gig it's really hard to plan in advance, but believe me...that's where I wanna be!

JustMercMe
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Mikey

Destin is great....We went last year for the poker run and loved it. We now have 3 trips planned down there this year. Anywhere around that area would be great. Hell I know for a fact you'll have at least 2 more boats than last year. Only a 2-3 hr drive for us.......Host motel? Theres a lot of condos & houses on the harbor that have boat slips.....Sandestin would be nice too.

VetteLT193
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
right you are but it was worth a try....but really how many of you swim even in the last week of September...:popcorn:

You're right, no swimming regardless... I just don't want to have to wear a full face helmet to keep my face warm :smash:

Either way, it's so close to me I don't care on date really. I also have a stopping point if anyone wants to come to my place the night before to knock out some of the trip.

BigGrizzly
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry Tex we will miss you:):)

VetteLT193
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry Tex we will miss you:):)

hopefully we won't miss Tex at Eufaula though.. where is Forrest? I might run out to white trash bash tomorrow to see if he shows up, biggest event in our area.

Tidbart
05-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Weather was just fine last year:).........

Cuda
05-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Too bad it's out of my jurisdiction. :)

Prettiest beaches I've ever seen in my life, and clear emerald green water.

I have three dogs to get back to each night, so I have to be able to drive there and back the same day. :(

BigGrizzly
05-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Bob, so was "L":yes:

Team Jefe
05-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Elle, Just fine....is the understatement of the year:yes:

OK, Team Jefe is going to commit.....it will make me get my Sh!t together and is late enough I think I can pull it off. :nilly:

PK & Destin back-to-back.....sounds like something Jefe would love doesn't it.

MikeMiller
05-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Ok... lets do it!!!!

I'll post details on Hotel in a week or so.

DATES:
September 25, 26 & 27 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).

Looking forward to relaxing and seeing old friends.
MM

Donziweasel
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
As of right now, me, Boo Boo and the twins are in..........:)

Boatless, but already found a ride.....:wink:

The Hedgehog
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Yes, you do have a ride!:wink:

Donziweasel
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Pulled the trigger, ticket bought...........988.00 for the 4 of us from JH to Mobile.....

Bill, get into Mobile on Fri the 18th. Hitting Dauphin Island Monday through Friday. Come on down anytime. Barry is right across the bay, maybe we can go visit or he can come hang out some.....

JustMercMe
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Sweet!, Good to hear!

Donziweasel
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Where are you located? If you are around Mobile, maybe you can come hang out with Hedgehog and us before the event at Dauphin Island. Boo Boo's parents have a house there and we are going to stay for 4-5 days before Destin. Before that, for the weekend, we will be at thier house on Dog River. Let me know.:)

JustMercMe
06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm actually on the opposite end of the state near Dothan, AL....Destin is only a 2 hour trip for me though. Always heard stuff about the Dog though and I have some buds near Mobile so it might be an option. Just have to wait and see what the summer brings....or err takes.:crossfing: Either way look forward to meeting you guys.

Forrest
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
. . . where is Forrest? I might run out to white trash bash tomorrow to see if he shows up, biggest event in our area.
You know, as much as we liked it, I quit going to the WTB at Dog Island a few years back when it started to get too heavily chaperoned:

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Oyster Radio News
White Trash Bash keeps officers busy
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says it was kept very busy during this year’s “White Trash bash” off Dog Island. The “White Trash Bash” is held every year on Memorial Day weekend, it bring hundreds of boaters to the Gulf off the barrier island. Police say this year the event expanded to include Alligator Point. Twenty-one FWC Officers from six counties Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jefferson, Leon, and Liberty chaperoned this year’s event along with six Alcoholic Beverage Agents, seven Highway Patrol Troopers and eight Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputies – The officers utilized eight patrol vessels and one fixed-wing aircraft to conduct the detail. Officers were very busy through the day. They boarded 113 boats, talked to 656 people, issued 56 citations and 63 written warnings and made two arrests. People were cited for a list of offenses ranging from boating under the influence, possession of alcoholic beverages by underage individuals, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, insufficient boating safety equipment, and expired vessel registration. One medical emergency was also reported during the event and the individual was transported on the Orion to paramedics waiting on the mainland.

The Hedgehog
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Pulled the trigger, ticket bought...........988.00 for the 4 of us from JH to Mobile.....
Bill, get into Mobile on Fri the 18th. Hitting Dauphin Island Monday through Friday. Come on down anytime. Barry is right across the bay, maybe we can go visit or he can come hang out some.....

Sounds good. I will let you get situated with the fam and then will be down a few days before to hang out in Dauphin Island. We can hammer on the ZX in the bay. Maybe drive over to Pensacola for fun.

Don't worry about the reputation thing. I will keep everything safe and sound.:pimp:

Donziweasel
06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Man, I need a vacation!!!!!

Haven't been any where since I went to visit Lenny, Jeremy and Mark last November......:crossfing:

BigGrizzly
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
We are in. I think I have a boat.

JustMercMe
06-16-2009, 02:18 PM
We are in. I think I have a boat.

You think?.....:wink: Just posted some pics on the Billy Bowlegs thread of Destin @ Crab Island.....Water was perfect last weekend. Can't wait for this one!

Donziweasel
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey Mike, any chance of getting a hotel with a pool or beach front? Boo Boo wants to relax with the twins while I go have fun.......:)

We are definetly in, tickets bought, car reserved, seat in very fast ZX approved.......:wink:

Grizz, you had better make it.......:crossfing:

BigGrizzly
06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
It is in my program to show up.

VetteLT193
06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Mike, any chance of getting a hotel with a pool or beach front? Boo Boo wants to relax with the twins while I go have fun.......:)
We are definetly in, tickets bought, car reserved, seat in very fast ZX approved.......:wink:
Grizz, you had better make it.......:crossfing:

I'm still hoping that Sandestin is the location. It is on the water, with a marina, shuttle, and an all-in-one fun stop with no driving at all needed.

Donzi Vol
06-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Hopefully I'll be there this year. In my line of work I don't know one day to the next what I've got going on, but as for right now I'm planning on it.

JustMercMe
06-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Ok... lets do it!!!!

I'll post details on Hotel in a week or so.

DATES:
September 25, 26 & 27 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).

Looking forward to relaxing and seeing old friends.
MM

Is there a host hotel yet?.....

LadyGrizz
06-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Has anyone heard from Mike lately? It's been a month since his last post and he's usually nailed down the hotel by now. :confused:

MikeMiller
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey gang... sorry for my hiatus... unemployed and starving and depressed... but I'm having a blast! LOL.

Same hotel as last year - Ramada. I HAVE NOT finalized costs so if you call they won't know anything.

DonziWeazil: Ramada is on the beach and a great place for the twins to relax!

I will have things posted next week PROMISE!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!

Barry Eller
07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Here is a link to the hotel...
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/check_avail?variant=&id=00426&propBrandId=RA&force_nostay=false&bmInSession=true&tab=tab1
Google Map view link...please note the satellite view is just after Hurricane Ivan hit in 2004.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1500+Miracle+Strip+Pkwy+S.E.,+Fort+Walton+Beach, +FL+32548+US&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.163842,56.162109&ie=UTF8&ll=30.39853,-86.586771&spn=0.015473,0.027423&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

The photo below of YIPPY-KAI-YAY, was taken last year by the Harbormaster...(photo credits Scot!)

Donziweasel
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
any new updates????

VetteLT193
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
My wife and I finally sat down and checked out schedule. We'll be on a cruise during this event :( Next year I guess

fegettes
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
My wife and I finally sat down and checked out schedule. We'll be on a cruise during this event :( Next year I guess

I went to this event last year, and if I had a choice, I would cancel the cruise. Melinda and I will be back. Besides, who wants to go on just another stickin' cruise?

Barry Eller
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM

A cruise? You'll catch a sickness or fall off the ship or something... cruises are Dangerous...Donzi Rallys are more fun!

Donziweasel
07-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Shhheeeessshhhhh......buy a new ZXO and go on a cruise instead of coming to Destin??????:bonk:

donzi2287
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I know where the keys are! You might see me in it!!!!!

VetteLT193
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Shhheeeessshhhhh......buy a new ZXO and go on a cruise instead of coming to Destin??????:bonk:

Cruise was long pre-planned for our 5th, and now 6th anniversary. Along with a few other major life events worth celebrating. The only trip we managed to really do over the last couple of years was AOTH. Not exactly a romantic getaway :bonk:

donzi2287
07-16-2009, 09:08 PM
It's a good thing you have a brother to let the boat make a showing!!!!!!! lol

VetteLT193
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
It's a good thing you have a brother to let the boat make a showing!!!!!!! lol

I'll leave the keys, have fun. It's not like anyone will take better care of it than you anyway. :wink:

Just be sure to give Donziweasel and family a ride.

donzi2287
07-16-2009, 09:40 PM
roger doger!!!!lol

Donziweasel
07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Just be sure to give Donziweasel and family a ride.

You da man!!! Enjoy the cruise......:)

Eddie, just a warning, I have 11 week old twins......:wink::)

Weekend is shaping up nicely for the Weasel's. A ride in 103 mph Zx and a ride in new ZXO. Does it get any better??????:)

Vette, we will have to get the families together at some point....:wink::crossfing:

donzi2287
07-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Just finally meeting will be cool!!!!!!! Can't wait to see your family!!!! My brothers boat is cool though. It's cool to pack ten adults and four kids and still have room!!!!!

Eddie

Donziweasel
07-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Is this thing happening? No word from Mike.

Mr X
08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
It has been cancelled.

Barry Eller
08-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Too bad, I hope Mike is doing ok.
It has been cancelled.

Budmann
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Damn, I have GOT to get on this site more often!! MY MOTOR is here (thanks Rootsy) and the refinish is half way done!!

Should have NO problem getting the girl ready... famous last words!!!

donzi2287
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Buddy,

Man it looks good..... I ended up in a car accident, 2 broken back vertabaraes, 1 ankle, 2 bones in foot..... besides that i'm aok!!! Less than six weeks my bootie is back in the boat, if you want to meet for one of these existing runs or make up another one, I'm sure I and my brother are in.....

Eddie

Donzi Vol
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Buddy,

Man it looks good..... I ended up in a car accident, 2 broken back vertabaraes, 1 ankle, 2 bones in foot..... besides that i'm aok!!! Less than six weeks my bootie is back in the boat, if you want to meet for one of these existing runs or make up another one, I'm sure I and my brother are in.....

Eddie

Eddie,

Glad to hear you're making it alright. We've been bugging Bob to let us know how you're doing! haha. Let us know if you need anything from your Donzi brethren in TN. As for events in Florida...let me know and I'll try to make it down. I was planning on the Destin event anyhow.

Mike,

Hope things turn up for you soon!

All the best,
David

sweet 16 1966
08-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Eddie,

Sorry to hear about your accident- WOW-!! Be safe!! If there is anything I can do or send you, let me know.

Maybe you can be working on the next...MBS Feb 11-15, 2010!
Keep the faith.

Budmann
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Thnaks Eddie! Hopefully I will be able to use her for a while and not need so many tows!! LOL!!

Cuda
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Thnaks Eddie! Hopefully I will be able to use her for a while and not need so many tows!! LOL!!
Is Jodi going to bring his push rope again? :)

Donzi Vol
08-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Is Jodi going to bring his push rope again? :)

Not sure if all involved will remember me there a couple years ago, but I was in Jodi's boat when the "push rope" was used. I'll never forget him saying, "Oh, let's get some pictures...ok, now we can leave." I about laughed my tail off when I thought for a moment that he really was going to leave his dear brother stranded!

donzi2287
08-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Thank you to all, I will heal just fine. My problem is I can't stand still. Yes, there is number 2 Miami boat run and # 2 Port canaveral run to Sebastian!! Probably more to come. I am so happy with my Donzi friends....... can't put a price tag on friends and fun tickets!!!!

Eddie