PDA

View Full Version : lake george 14th annual dustoff

mattyboy
10-16-2008, 08:01 AM
An important reminder the Lake George Donzi Classic Club's 14th Annual Spring Dustoff will be held on the weekend of Friday June 12th thru Sunday June 14th 2009 PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS THIS IS A DEPARTURE FROM FATHER DAY'S WEEKEND. This year due to Father's day arriving a week late and falling "into season" so to yake advantage of "off Season" pricing we will hold on the same date as last year's dustoff. We will post further info as it becomes available.

hot shot
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I hope to show you guys some new stuff this year... we have to keep catch 22 honest this year.... I,ll be there this year with barrels smokin. not fast but safe just 82/95... But working on safety, i think you guys will like it.Hope to see you at the miami boat show

hot shot
10-18-2008, 10:32 PM
thats 82/85 not that lie

Air 22
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Treasure Cove Cabin 24 booked June 11-20...Bonfire's, Beer, Babes, Boats, Beaches & Great people...always a super time:yes::band::fam::beer:

BigGrizzly
10-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I am packed and have the room. It is a haul, but well worth it. Hopefully I won't spend too much $ If Doc Dan doesn't have any new stuff-NOT. Let me see, Cumberland, Lake George, Eufaula, Lanier and Owner's Rally(?) could be another good year.

Air 22
10-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Randy...looking fwd to seeing u a Barb...We will be in Miamuh for the 2009 Boat Show as well...cant wait:wink:

bob haver
10-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Randy...looking fwd to seeing u a Barb...We will be in Miamuh for the 2009 Boat Show as well...cant wait:wink:
you are right first miami then lake george ,can't wait to strech out that new blue motor:bonk::shades::superman:

BigGrizzly
10-27-2008, 08:13 AM
So you guys going to force me to put my boat in early again:cool: That was the easiest unload I ever did. A smile Bar got a hug and I just backed down the ramp and drove out- no boat on the trailer.:yes: Yes boys its prop time.:angel:

mattyboy
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
just wanted to let everyone know it is not father's day weeknd this year, also the club has been contacted by the lake george park commision and will be actively working with them to have a safe and unobtursive run. I am not sure if everyone has noticed what happened this year in the fun run on columbus day but we are going to put forth every effort to make this the best run yet
stay tuned the newsletter will be coming shortly

fast fun 2
11-27-2008, 12:46 PM
You guys mind if i run with you guys in the Challenger for a bit?

mattyboy
11-28-2008, 08:14 AM
for the formal part of the event on sat you'll need to be in a classic but it seems to me you and your Dad have helped out enough of the classic guys up there THEY OWE YOU A RIDE ;) think Jay or Kirby or Don should be able to help you out

BUT the sunday informal run sure bring the challenger

Carl C
11-28-2008, 08:26 AM
How much time will actually be spent on the water running the boats? Is the lake really crowded, rough and policed that time of year? I love you guys and will enjoy the socializing but if I'm going to tow the boat that far and spend all the $$ then I want to run the boat. Just wondering, please don't take it the wrong way. I'm a spoiled week-day boater.

BUIZILLA
11-28-2008, 08:30 AM
you can run the boat until you fall asleep, or drop dead..

whatever comes first... :kingme:

jl1962
11-28-2008, 08:49 AM
for the formal part of the event on sat you'll need to be in a classic but it seems to me you and your Dad have helped out enough of the classic guys up there THEY OWE YOU A RIDE ;) think Jay or Kirby or Don should be able to help you out

BUT the sunday informal run sure bring the challenger

Johnny-

You will have NO problem finding a ride on Saturday. Definitely bring the Challenger down to TC and introduce yourself too!

Carl C -

I put almost 13 hours on the 16 in 2 1/2 days at last year's Dust-Off. That's probably half of what Haver and Dwight ran - and that was w/ $5 gas!

We should start our own Strategic Petroleum Reserve for next year NOW!

-Jay

bob haver
11-28-2008, 08:49 AM
How much time will actually be spent on the water running the boats? Is the lake really crowded, rough and policed that time of year? I love you guys and will enjoy the socializing but if I'm going to tow the boat that far and spend all the $$ then I want to run the boat. Just wondering, please don't take it the wrong way. I'm a spoiled week-day boater.
carl you won,t be disapointed ,32 miles of water and over 200 hundred foot deep there is a reason why they call it the Queen of American lakes:wink: it can be busy but there is plenty of room and places to go ,and if you are up there for a week saying the dust off week no problem on puting the hours on, we run friday night, saturday with the poker sun and after through the afternoon untill dinner and sunday mourning for a run on the lake so i hope that answers it,oh yea the cops aren't bad as long as you behave.:wink:

bob haver
11-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Johnny-

You will have NO problem finding a ride on Saturday. Definitely bring the Challenger down to TC and introduce yourself too!

Carl C -

I put almost 13 hours on the 16 in 2 1/2 days at last year's Dust-Off. That's probably half of what Haver and Dwight ran - and that was w/ $5 gas!

We should start our own Strategic Petroleum Reserve for next year NOW!

-Jay
yea we like to put the hours on we bring them to run summer is way to short, jonny you and your dad will always have a ride for the poker run just bring your guitar:wink:

mattyboy
11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Carl

we are working on the formal layout for the event that will answer all of your questions stay tuned

but the lake doesn't go anywhere its ready if you are

the water can be big or small and you can go to places to find the water you like the lake is 32 miles long and if you're up to it you can have 64 miles in before lunch and 64 miles in before dinner everyday you're there

we always design the formal run part of the event to minimize down time and make the most of your time on the lake and with the people and the boats

BigGrizzly
11-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Matty, Just make sure your there with your boss, I actually missed here more than you.

mattyboy
11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Randy,
yes the boss will be there and both of of missed everyone this year
now i am trying to talk pearson into making this year shirt the
mattyboy comeback tour shirt of 09
;)

Carl here is an interactive map which shows the lake

http://www.visitlakegeorge.com/i_map.php

Carl C
11-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Matty and everyone, thanks for the responses. I will give this one some serious thought.

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 10:26 AM
:kingme:Carl - it's worth the drive... I would come up Thursday and give yourself an extra day to decompress...and run the Lake Thursday and Friday before the lunatic Classic owners show up. I love this lake...this is a mandatory event for a true classic experience...and maybe you can learn how to drive from the 2 "Professional Race Boat Drivers" that will be there...

This Event will help you gauge your real skills amongst your peers... its where all BS walks or stays on the docks.

Make the trip, its a gauranteed good time and a beautiful Lake...I never miss it... ever!

Doc of Subliminal Endorsements :wavey:

fast fun 2
11-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks Jay and matt, see you guys there.

Air 22
11-28-2008, 08:38 PM
:kingme:...and maybe you can learn how to drive from the 2 "Professional Race Boat Drivers" that will be there...
Doc of Subliminal Endorsements :wavey:

Yo... Tough Guy:cool:...Your talk'n smack again....:nilly::pimp:

The Blue Test Pilot in Transitional Drama....:):popcorn:

bob haver
11-29-2008, 06:48 AM

The Blue Test Pilot in Transistional Drama....:):popcorn:
love it bravo two:boat::wink::lookaroun:

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 06:56 AM
:angel:I didn't even mention Chapstick? What you talking about Willis?

Anonymous :wink:

boxy
11-29-2008, 08:21 AM

love it bravo two:boat::wink::lookaroun:

Be careful Doc, you've got the TopGun Team's panties all twisted up ..... :D :D :D

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Be careful Doc, you've got the TopGun Team's panties all twisted up ..... :D :D :D

:angel:OMG can't have that,..... they may throw their Labbed Bravo One Prop Wrench at me?...:tase:

Bob... I still have heard nothing from the Terrorists that are holding my Trailer hostage... maybe if I send Pearson up there it'll get done?:doh:

Doc of Absentee Trailers :spongebob:

bob haver
11-29-2008, 12:13 PM
danny it is painted and outside but still not done, you might see it by spring:crossfing:, good thing you are getting another boat (WITH A TRAILER) and that is a negative on throwing the prop wrench never mistreat your tools:wrench: glad to see you are better i see in the post:eek:

Air 22
11-29-2008, 02:59 PM
danny it is painted and outside but still not done, you might see it by spring:crossfing:, good thing you are getting another boat (WITH A TRAILER) and that is a negative on throwing the prop wrench never mistreat your tools:wrench: glad to see you are better i see in the post:eek:

Bravo 1...Bravo 2 has the shot...cover my six...the bandits are firing at will with no accuracy...nervous trigger syndrome...lol:nilly:...the only thing we will throw @ Doc+Boxy is a pencil that has a labbed tip:wink:. Then they can sign up for the Professional Race Boat Driver's Class and be almost as cool as us....lol:cool::kingme::yes:

boxy
11-29-2008, 03:48 PM
It's so nice to see a couple of guys who are secure enough to openly talk about covering each other's "six" all the time ..... :D :D

BlingBoy, send me a PM with a land addy. Maple Candy should be a staple at Christmas time....

Air 22
11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
It's so nice to see a couple of guys who are secure enough to openly talk about covering each other's "six" all the time ..... :D :D
BlingBoy, send me a PM with a land addy. Maple Candy should be a staple at Christmas time....

"Never leave your Wingman":salute: Bravo 1 can "fly":wink:

Box of Nanook:angel:...I PM'd yaz...:kingme:

mattyboy
11-29-2008, 07:32 PM
not to worry the " there's 2 O's in goose boy" crowd, treasure cove has a beach volleyball court so bring it :tongue:

DON N.
12-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey matty i hear dr. Dans cooler is going to be modified by one of t he "b" boy's .

Dr. Dan
12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey matty i hear dr. Dans cooler is going to be modified by one of t he "b" boy's .

...the following is an official transcipt of sounds heard during the night at this past Fall Picnic....by grown men!

"PUSH ME BOB - PUSH ME" ... this from the great Revlon Boy as he calls out to his bunk mate to push him down the hill of the Treasure Cove parking lot, on Liz and mines Coleman Cooler...riding it like a Taboggen?

Anonymous :wink::wink:

Air 22
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
...the following is an official transcipt of sounds heard during the night at this past Fall Picnic....by grown men!
"PUSH ME BOB - PUSH ME" ... this from the great Revlon Boy as he calls out to his bunk mate to push him down the hill of the Treasure Cove parking lot, on Liz and mines Coleman Cooler...riding it like a Taboggen?
I have NO memory of Any such events:angel:...:alky::shocker:...fyi Coleman does make a Dowhill Racer Model...HP525 Power I think...:biggrin.:
Professional Toboggen Cooler Pilot and Raccoon Alarm Installer...

jl1962
12-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I didn't hear ANY of this...

Fortunately Treasure Cove has these noisy, low efficiency HVAC units that generate just enough white noise to drown out, well any amount of White Noise!

Make sure your room has one :wink:

Air 22
12-13-2008, 10:22 PM
:kingme: Wadda Day!:yes:

Ghost
12-13-2008, 11:20 PM
All are good, but that first picture is a work of art. Nice shot.

mattyboy
12-14-2008, 08:35 AM
too bad the ac units can't drowned out the sound of pearson's anti invasion alarm going off a 6:30 am :tongue:

Air 22
12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
too bad the ac units can't drowned out the sound of pearson's anti invasion alarm going off a 6:30 am :tongue:

LMAO...Of Course u mean this Alarm:nilly::nilly::popcorn:??

Airboy of Professional Door Alarms.....:kingme:

mattyboy
12-14-2008, 09:39 AM
that would be the one :wink:

BigGrizzly
12-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I can hear the rhetoric now. :shocking::shocking::shocking::wink:

Scott Pearson
01-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Yea...laugh it up....Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye. Will see this year...payback is a bitch.

Lets see....where did put that can opener...

Air 22
01-05-2009, 09:16 AM
:alky::drinkbeer::flash::fam::hi5::kingme:

BigGrizzly
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Here we go again. All I can say is that when I arrived, I was tired and was just going to park the boat. Bravo I stuck his head in the passenger window hugged and kissed my wife, and the boat was in the slip. Nuff said about helping others. We are booked and Barb is looking froward to it.

mattyboy
01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Yea...laugh it up....Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye. Will see this year...payback is a bitch.
Lets see....where did put that can opener...

:nilly::lifeprese::nilly:

mattyboy
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Dr Dan has already started R & D on the mask project

http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=40&pictureid=524

Air 22
01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I will be staying clear of Doc's HP500 Burgers...something about mixing them w alcohol:alky: just doesn't sit to well w/ me..:puke::boggled:.....and as for masks...ur gonna need a "Real Mask"..(I'm just say'n)...if u wanna survive...:nilly::yes: :kingme:see below

PS..Doc ur burgers do taste great regardless:wink:

bob haver
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Here we go again. All I can say is that when I arrived, I was tired and was just going to park the boat. Bravo I stuck his head in the passenger window hugged and kissed my wife, and the boat was in the slip. Nuff said about helping others. We are booked and Barb is looking froward to it.
Randy it is always a pleasure to see you and barb:yes:you & barb rock and that critter does too, can't wait to see ya:wink::) com,on spring:nilly:

mattyboy
01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
we will be finalizing the plans soon and as always bring you a fun , unique event that highlights the donzi classics the people and the lake so stay tuned

one thought as it seem to be a big hit after the run with some last year will be downhill coleman cooler racing :tongue:

we can call it the HP burger coleman cooler 500.

Air 22
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
we will be finalizing the plans soon and as always bring you a fun , unique event that highlights the donzi classics the people and the lake so stay tuned

one thought as it seem to be a big hit after the run with some last year will be downhill coleman cooler racing :tongue:

we can call it the HP burger coleman cooler 500.

The LGDCC First Annual HP Burger Coleman Cooler 500
The Racing Coolers are BLUE
Currently under production is a Small Block(6-Pack Cu In) design and the all favorite Big Block(Full Blown Grain Alcohol Funny Slider):kingme:
Helmets, Kill switches mandatory...proof of Insurance and liability waiver to signed and will be required to participate. Racer's will flip for lane choice on first run.:wink: Pit passes will be available @ the races. :pimp:
So get ready and Run what ya Brung:kingme:

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
There is something wrong with you people.....:cool:

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Thats right...you people who are around me....

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Especially these two clowns.....the one on the left is always talking S**T....

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Notice both of those pictures Don is raising his had in the air....I know I have more of them like that somewhere....Kinda weird huh?

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 08:04 PM
When he's not Talking S**T or raising his hand....he's making goofy faces.....

Scott Pearson
01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Now thats funny...............:yes:

mattyboy
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
in that first pic you and haver with the crossed hands looks like the front row of the 3rd grade class from St Benedict's

Lenny
01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Question...

Will people be able to run "fast" this year and not have to watch for a "Smokey" behind every Island and Cove and do noise tests and other bull**** dances for da Man ?

Air 22
01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Question...
Will people be able to run "fast" this year and not have to watch for a "Smokey" behind every Island and Cove and do noise tests and other bull**** dances for da Man ?
Lenny...we are pulling a permitt this year so the LG Patrol and other law enforcement agencies are aware and included in our event. That being said the speed limit is 45 and noise tests are part of their enforcement. Take that for what it is...You will have plenty of opportunity to "RUN" on LG but during the pokerun Saturday if we all behave and stay together then "Johnny Law" should give us some space... but no guarentee's:nilly: I have a few contacts on the local sheriff's dept...guys I went to school with etc so I will see what I can do. Most of the time if u "RUN" out in the middle of the lake...avoid drawing attention buzzing the LG docks, shoreline etc...you should be fine...if u play with fire then prepare to get burned...I've boated on LG all my life with no issues from the law.:crossfing:..play nice and ur chances of being stopped are minimized.:angel:

mattyboy
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Scott and I will be filling out the permit shortly, we are trying to work with the LGPC to run a safe an enjoyable event for all the attendees. we'll keep everyone posted

mattyboy
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
how many members does it take block out a 16 ??????

jl1962
01-07-2009, 06:03 AM
in that first pic you and haver with the crossed hands looks like the front row of the 3rd grade class from St Benedict's

Of course Matty is right :wink:, and this year we should try to take a 2009 CLASS PHOTO (or a classless photo if you prefer). Seriously, we should grab everyone we can, have them gather in, on, around, under one of our boats and snap it. And we might need to use more than one 16!

Jay

mattyboy
01-07-2009, 06:28 AM
I do have a group shot from the fall picnic in 04 or 05 that came out great, also have the same group giving the bronx salute to pearson

Air 22
01-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Also note that as usual, the class clowns are in the back row... :boggled: :bonk: :bighug:

Yes...and a certain Poodle can be seen right-side up too...:kingme::bighug:

boxy
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I think the first pic must be the 2007 Dust Off because Matty and his boat are there, but I'm a little confused because Pearson was wearing the same pants and shirt at the 2008 Dustoff .... :shark::toiletpap:nilly:

boxy
01-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Lenny...we are pulling a permitt this year so the LG Patrol and other law enforcement agencies are aware and included in our event. That being said the speed limit is 45 and noise tests are part of their enforcement. Take that for what it is...You will have plenty of opportunity to "RUN" on LG but during the pokerun Saturday if we all behave and stay together then "Johnny Law" should give us some space... but no guarentee's:nilly: I have a few contacts on the local sheriff's dept...guys I went to school with etc so I will see what I can do. Most of the time if u "RUN" out in the middle of the lake...avoid drawing attention buzzing the LG docks, shoreline etc...you should be fine...if u play with fire then prepare to get burned...I've boated on LG all my life with no issues from the law.:crossfing:..play nice and ur chances of being stopped are minimized.:angel:

So I guess all of your buddies were booked off the day a certain Criterion owner took one for the team ??? :kingme::kingme:

roadtrip se
01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
I have been playing with the idea of trying the Eddie Marine inserts since last summer. They are like $89 or some other really small tariff and go in the exhaust tips with a single screw. I will try them, before I come back to LG. If somebody here already has them, please post your results.

As for the speed thingy, the secret is to start with the herd, stay in the middle of the herd (with the occassional exception of when a sandbagger or someone in a yellow boat comes up to say hello), and blend in like a zebra. See, sometimes red is a good thing. It also helps not to become a defacto member of the Saturday morning saliboat reggatta.

I wouldn't let any of this stuff keep me from coming up to LG again, but I am glad to see the guys trying to find a way to give us some space. Awesome place to have a rally, no doubt.

bootdaddy
01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I am considering bringing the Corsican for the virgin run in this event and have a few questoins:

Is the water too big for a boat this size? May bring the Hornet instead...

Where to book lodgings?

Is there dockage available day and night or does everybody pull their boat at day's end?

What do the water enforcement people crack down on...speed, noise, BUIs, valid registration, or just general harrassment?

Is there anybody in this crew under 50?:wink:

And are there any other hotties besides the Donzi babe or is it bring your own game?:wink::wink:

mattyboy
01-07-2009, 02:00 PM
the club will not comment on any part of the run until all the permits are filed and everything is in order, the run as usual will be a unique event and be a blast

the accomodations can be had at

treasure cove, capri village,still bay, scotty's you'll have to check with the resort for dock availabilty John at treasure cove has given us the run of the docks.
I will get links posted up and will have the format and agenda posted in feb reservations can be made by the end of feb/mar as that is when the places start to open up

the lake can be big for a 22 sometimes but for the most part we have 16's that make the runs so a corsican should be fine and a welcome site on the docks

Air 22
01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I have been playing with the idea of trying the Eddie Marine inserts since last summer. They are like $89 or some other really small tariff and go in the exhaust tips with a single screw. I will try them, before I come back to LG. If somebody here already has them, please post your results.
As for the speed thingy, the secret is to start with the herd, stay in the middle of the herd (with the occassional exception of when a sandbagger or someone in a yellow boat comes up to say hello), and blend in like a zebra. See, sometimes red is a good thing. It also helps not to become a defacto member of the Saturday morning saliboat reggatta.
I wouldn't let any of this stuff keep me from coming up to LG again, but I am glad to see the guys trying to find a way to give us some space. Awesome place to have a rally, no doubt.

Tripper..Im looking @ those same Eddie Marine Inserts...they r supposed to lower the bark 10dcb or so:boggled:..Donny Neubauer (Don N)has them...maybe he can post some info on how well they work?..:cool:

Air 22
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
So I guess all of your buddies were booked off the day a certain Criterion owner took one for the team ??? :kingme::kingme:

Sacrificial Lamb....:kingme:

boxy
01-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Sacrificial Lamb....:kingme:

Damn, I knew there was a reason we got squeezed out in that narrow channel.... :D

Did the Maple Sugar Express show up yet?

Air 22
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Damn, I knew there was a reason we got squeezed out in that narrow channel.... :D
Did the Maple Sugar Express show up yet?

Negative Ghost Rider...:nilly:.....:boggled:

boxy
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Negative Ghost Rider...:nilly:.....:boggled:

Damn sweet toothed Postal Worker.
I'll find the tracking number, and look into it...

Air 22
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Damn sweet toothed Postal Worker.
I'll find the tracking number, and look into it...

He's probably laughing his ass off pouring it over his pancakes...lol:kingme:

mattyboy
01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
not sure if you guys heard but there was reports of a strange smell in upper manhattan last night reports said it smelled like maple syrup and pancakes

I kidd u not

u can't make this stuff up

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/When-New-York-Smells-Good-People-Get-Suspicious.html

DON N.
01-08-2009, 02:19 AM
I believe the inserts dropped the decibels enough to be legal , and i also cut about 1/3 out of the insert centers and turned them to the bottom ( 6:30 ) position so when idling there wouldn't be any water reversion .

Scott Pearson
01-08-2009, 02:21 AM
I think that smell was coming from Greenwood Lake...:wink:

boxy
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
You wouldn't think pancakes and maple syrup would last long enough in Greenwood Lake for the smell to travel that far ..... :kingme:

Scott Pearson
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Boxy...your right...i would also expect the smell of Beer Farts coming from Greenwood Lake....:toiletpap

Air 22
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Funniest Quote of this Thread....LMAO:kingme:

Boxy...your right...i would also expect the smell of Beer Farts coming from Greenwood Lake....:toiletpap
Isn't He closer to Jersey anyway?...Explains the lovely scent on I-287 in NJ/NY...:shocking: :kingme:

mattyboy
01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Funniest Quote of this Thread....LMAO:kingme:
Isn't He closer to Jersey anyway?...Explains the lovely scent on I-287 in NJ/NY...:shocking: :kingme:

keep making fun of the guy from NY /NJ and you'll find the brake lines on your coleman cooler cut or you'll need your Canadian friend to start it up

;) :tongue:

Pearson??? beer farts :nilly: i'll show you beer farts

:kingme:

mattyboy
01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
i was thinking, something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JjIIHOy5qs

Scott Pearson
01-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Hollywood Knoghts....That one of the best movies.....period! Thanks Matty!!!

DONZIZEE22
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I am planning on going to the dust off this year. Can any of you give me a few hotel/cabin contact numbers for the area? I am looking to get somewhere booked asap. Another thing....Do most of you guys keep the boats in the water all week/weekend or can you pull them out everyday and park them where you are staying?

Thanks in advance for any info

Mark

Air 22
01-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Mark most folks stay at the Treasure cove...
http://www.treasurecoveresort.com/

and also at the Capri Village next door.
http://www.caprivillage.com/

Both have boat slips...Treasure cove usually has more slips avail and they have a prvt ramp and pkg. No ramp @ Capri Village. All the events are held on the Treasure Cove grounds down near the docks...this year a band and cook-outs/bon fires are planned by the beach. I spend the week @ the Treasure Cove with boat in water..u can pull out each day if u like and keep it on trailer in pkg lot. :pimp:

Its a great time, super folks and IMO one of the most beautiful crystal clear lakes in the US:wink: You won't be dissapointed...Hope to c ya there:yes:
BTW make reservations soon..:wink:

BUIZILLA
01-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I am planning on going to the dust off this year. Can any of you give me a few hotel/cabin contact numbers for the area? I am looking to get somewhere booked asap. Another thing....Do most of you guys keep the boats in the water all week/weekend or can you pull them out everyday and park them where you are staying?

Thanks in advance for any info

Mark do you have a Classic series boat?

DONZIZEE22
01-18-2009, 06:39 PM
do you have a Classic series boat?

No, it is an 89 z22 I am restoring. Is the event for classics only?

DONZIZEE22
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Mark most folks stay at the Treasure cove...
http://www.treasurecoveresort.com/

and also at the Capri Village next door.
http://www.caprivillage.com/

Both have boat slips...Treasure cove usually has more slips avail and they have a prvt ramp and pkg. No ramp @ Capri Village. All the events are held on the Treasure Cove grounds down near the docks...this year a band and cook-outs/bon fires are planned by the beach. I spend the week @ the Treasure Cove with boat in water..u can pull out each day if u like and keep it on trailer in pkg lot. :pimp:

Its a great time, super folks and IMO one of the most beautiful crystal clear lakes in the US:wink: You won't be dissapointed...Hope to c ya there:yes:
BTW make reservations soon..:wink:

Thanks for the info, I am going to book the 11th to 14th tomorrow morning. I tried to call tonight and got an answering machine.

Air 22
01-18-2009, 06:51 PM
No, it is an 89 z22 I am restoring. Is the event for classics only?
Yes the event is a Classic Only event... I'm sure u can hop a ride in a classic should u be interested...:wink:

DONZIZEE22
01-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes tha Saturday Poker Run is a Classic Only event...but ur always welcome to run w us b4 and after the poker run. I'm sure u can hop a ride in a classic should u be interested...:wink:

Ya, that sounds good. I'm new to the donzi community. This is my first Donzi and I wanted to bring it up after I am all done restoring it. Sounds like a good time. Thanks for the info once again:wink:

Scott Pearson
01-19-2009, 06:17 PM
The Lake George Donzi Classic Club runs 2 annual events , the Spring Dustoff and the Fall Picnic. These 2 events have unique personalities and venues.
The Spring dustoff honors Clubs origin by paying tribute to the Donzi classic models and participation in this event is open for any Donzi Classic owner. The venue and agenda do not lend themselves to non classic Donzi models or other thunderboat row boats.

The fall Picnic is when the club welcomes all Donzi models and other thunderboat row boats to come enjoy the lake and the scenery. So as you can see the club runs events that cater to both the small and larger models of Donzi or other boats. We hope you find an event that fits your needs and that you can come join us.

So in the spring it is Donzi Classics only and in the fall it is All Donzi and other performance boats.
If you have any questions you can contact the Club through our website www.lgdonziclassic.com

DONZIZEE22
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
The Lake George Donzi Classic Club runs 2 annual events , the Spring Dustoff and the Fall Picnic. These 2 events have unique personalities and venues.
The Spring dustoff honors Clubs origin by paying tribute to the Donzi classic models and participation in this event is open for any Donzi Classic owner. The venue and agenda do not lend themselves to non classic Donzi models or other thunderboat row boats.

The fall Picnic is when the club welcomes all Donzi models and other thunderboat row boats to come enjoy the lake and the scenery. So as you can see the club runs events that cater to both the small and larger models of Donzi or other boats. We hope you find an event that fits your needs and that you can come join us.

So in the spring it is Donzi Classics only and in the fall it is All Donzi and other performance boats.
If you have any questions you can contact the Club through our website www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com)

Is it really an issue if I was to be on the lake at the same time as your Donzi Classics? I don't plan on participating in your events and understand they are part of the donzi classic club. I was simply planning on taking a vacation with my wife, checking out some nice boats and maybe meeting a few other Donzi owners.

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Is it really an issue if I was to be on the lake at the same time as your Donzi Classics? I don't plan on participating in your events and understand they are part of the donzi classic club. I was simply planning on taking a vacation with my wife, checking out some nice boats and maybe meeting a few other Donzi owners.

by all means enjoy the lake, leave the boat home on saturday and come join us for the show catch a ride meet people come to the dinner. this year will be a first as a sanctioned regatta and we have to adhere to the regs. We feel this will be a similar format to the 2007 Oct poker run of the LGPBA which did not allow shadowing, following, tagging along or running in the pack even for short periods by non participants. I am not sure what you had in mind.

the club goes thru this every year, the dustoff is about the clubs roots which is the old classics , we know the Donzi family has grown and we have included all the other Donzi models in our fall picnic.

You'll find that the Club is a great bunch of people come meet us but on saturday the z22 which btw you are doing a great job on should stay at your dock . saturday is all about the classics. Have you ever been in a classic?? great time to get ride in one and plan on the fall picnic where everyone gets their own dock I am sure the z22 would be a big hit there

:)

Air 22
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM

Donzizee22...That is perfectly fine...we just want to make sure that the Dust-Off is a Classic event only. In keeping tradition as the only classic event in the US. We luv new faces and hope u can make it. The fall picnic is a perfect event to attend w ur Z. I made a mistake earlier:bonk: in this thread...sorry. I dont want to mislead ANYONE from thinking they can run the Dust-Off event in ANY Donzi...Classic's only Please:)...at the same time we want new folks just like you to come and ck it out...just swing by and say hello and walk around meet everyone, see the boats etc:) Sorry if the reply's sound a little harsh etc no insults intended....If you happen to be in LG that weekend plz stop by:wink:

DONZIZEE22
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
by all means enjoy the lake, leave the boat home on saturday and come join us for the show catch a ride meet people come to the dinner. this year will be a first as a sanctioned regatta and we have to adhere to the regs. We feel this will be a similar format to the 2007 Oct poker run of the LGPBA which did not allow shadowing, following, tagging along or running in the pack even for short periods by non participants. I am not sure what you had in mind.

the club goes thru this every year, the dustoff is about the clubs roots which is the old classics , we know the Donzi family has grown and we have included all the other Donzi models in our fall picnic.

You'll find that the Club is a great bunch of people come meet us but on saturday the z22 which btw you are doing a great job on should stay at your dock saturday is all about the classics. Have you ever been in a classic?? great time to get ride in one and plan on the fall picnic where everyone gets their own dock I am sure the z22 would be a big hit there

Thanks for the compliments of my boat. Definetely sounds like a plan. I really like the classics and that would have been my first choice but the deal I got on my z22 I couldn't turn down. I would love to go for a ride on one. That would be great if I could find a ride for the poker run saturday. I have been wanting to get up to Lake George the past couple years but have just never had the time off to get up there and check out the lake. I have heard it is amazing though.

DONZIZEE22
01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Donzizee22...That is perfectly fine...we just want to make sure that the Dust-Off is a Classic event only. In keeping tradition as the only classic event in the US. We luv new faces and hope u can make it. The fall picnic is a perfect event to attend w ur Z. I made a mistake earlier:bonk: in this thread...sorry. I dont want to mislead ANYONE from thinking they can run the Dust-Off event in ANY Donzi...Classic's only Please:)...at the same time we want new folks just like you to come and ck it out...just swing by and say hello and walk around meet everyone, see the boats etc:) Sorry if the reply's sound a little harsh etc no insults intended....If you happen to be in LG that weekend plz stop by:wink:

No problem, the rules are very clear to me now about the event. Like I said, I have been a Donzi owner for less than a year now and am learning more everyday about the clubs and events. Hope to meet some of you this coming year. I like to learn about the history of the boats and would like to gain more knowledge about the classics. Sounds like a good time to check the best of them out.

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the compliments of my boat. Definetely sounds like a plan. I really like the classics and that would have been my first choice but the deal I got on my z22 I couldn't turn down. I would love to go for a ride on one. That would be great if I could find a ride for the poker run saturday. I have been wanting to get up to Lake George the past couple years but have just never had the time off to get up there and check out the lake. I have heard it is amazing though.

If you have any questions on the lake or the accomodations up there ask away, rides are always available, one year we had a guy come up who was interested in buying one he got a ride in just about all of them. the event draws some of the best donzi knowledge and talent on the planet. and just to put this in perspective the guy who started the club our own ex president Fasteddie now owns a formula he still comes but without the boat ;)

we have the only judged boat show for donzi classics , trust me on this it is worth leaving the boat moored and take the car over to the algonquin or catch a ride with someone, you'll want to come back in the fall too

I better get moving or i'll need to catch a ride too

DONZIZEE22
01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
If you have any questions on the lake or the accomodations up there ask away, rides are always available, one year we had a guy come up who was interested in buying one he got a ride in just about all of them. the event draws some of the best donzi knowledge and talent on the planet. and just to put this in perspective the guy who started the club our own ex president Fasteddie now owns a formula he still comes but without the boat ;)

we have the only judged boat show for donzi classics , trust me on this it is worth leaving the boat moored and take the car over to the algonquin or catch a ride with someone, you'll want to come back in the fall too

I better get moving or i'll need to catch a ride too

Very cool, I can't wait to check it all out

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
some more info can be found here
www.lgdonziclassic.com you can see coverage of our events in the gallery section or check out the newsletter archive

Scott Pearson
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
And if your lucky enough...you might run into the Lake George Pirate!

DONZIZEE22
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Hilarious! :nilly: You guys look like you know how to have a good time.

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 08:18 PM

yeah or burt reynolds where the hell are those pics

do we really want to start this Mr president :tongue:

Scott Pearson
01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Or you can run into this scary site......dont go to sleep...you never know what might happen.....:drunk::alky::drinkbeer::screwy:

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
searching photo shop 2009 :yes:

you're lucky my vpn to the file server is down right now

mattyboy
01-20-2009, 07:04 AM
yes we have a great time up there but some can't control themselves and get a drinking problem.

BigGrizzly
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I have to say, my first was two years ago. It was a horrable 1200+ mile trip, wife wasn't happy even a little bit. After about 20 minutes and good people it was all better. On the way home She said, have you made reservations for next year yet! So take it from there.

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Ok gang,

our site as been updated with the dates and the times for the run.
to our knowledge this will be an historic event this year, the run will be a sanctioned regatta,the first ever held for donzi classics.
The club is in the process of permitting the event so some info is still being worked out. We are hopeful that being sanctioned will eliviate some issues.
We will keep you posted.

Info on this event and the area can be found at

www.lgdonziclassic.com check the next scheduled event and the gallery section

the registration form can be found on the site and you can print it and send it in again it pays to register early

CYA there :)

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 08:13 AM

hey smart guy, mayor bloomberg found where the smell was coming from some factory in north bergen NJ, we don't want to start with the joisey jokes now do we ;)

i know you are from joisey , what exit :tongue:

Air 22
02-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Ok gang,
our site as been updated with the dates and the times for the run.
to our knowledge this will be an historic event this year, the run will be a sanctioned regatta,the first ever held for donzi classics.
The club is in the process of permitting the event so some info is still being worked out. We are hopeful that being sanctioned will eliviate some issues.
We will keep you posted.
Info on this event and the area can be found at
www.lgdonziclassic.com check the next scheduled event and the gallery section
the registration form can be found on the site and you can print it and send it in again it pays to register early
CYA there :)
Matty...This sounds great!
Will we need to pull a permit for the HP500 Colman Cooler Drag Races?:)...lol I'm working feverishly on mine...and of coarse Haver's will be "STOCK"...:)

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Matty...This sounds great!
Will we need to pull a permit for the HP500 Colman Cooler Drag Races?:)...lol I'm working feverishly on mine...and of coarse Haver's will be "STOCK"...:)

The club has adopted strict rules for the hp500 cooler races very similar to the pine box derby. there will be no cheating and trying to shave weight by carrying lite beer,or turkey or tofu burgers except for Dr Dan, and there will be no running of hi-test or alcohol burning funny coolers so Don's jungle juice / aviation fuel is out of the question :spit:

Air 22
02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
The club has adopted strict rules for the hp500 cooler races very similar to the pine box derby. there will be no cheating and trying to shave weight by carrying lite beer,or turkey or tofu burgers except for Dr Dan, and there will be no running of hi-test or alcohol burning funny coolers so Don's jungle juice / aviation fuel is out of the question :spit:

Will there be a pre-race inspection of the cooler compartments? I'm finding it difficult to mount the Nitrous bottle out of sight...lol
So far my 1/4 mile #'s are 9.59:) but I hope to "trim" that by LG..:)...lol

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 09:31 AM
after the poker run and the boats are docked and not until then cooler inspections and emptying and refilling is allowed the only thing is we need to make sure at the end of the cooler race that your chute deploys and you don't end up in the lake unless you have a lake permit for the cooler too then go for it :tongue:

Scott Pearson
02-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Wait till you see the cooler I'm bringing.....You all better watch out:pimp:

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 12:55 PM
poodle
no hip flasks during the poker run but after that you can even wear that hard hat you have that holds 2 beers with the straws ;)

Scott I hope you don't trip over this new cooler at 6:30 am :tongue:

Looks like I am going to be solo this trip , wonder when the last time the village had a drunken riot ;)

boxy
02-08-2009, 02:03 PM
poodle
no hip flasks during the poker run but after that you can even wear that hard hat you have that holds 2 beers with the straws ;)
Scoot I hope you don't trip over this new cooler at 6:30 am :tongue:
Looks like I am going to be solo this trip , wonder when the last time the village had a drunken riot ;)

Does everyone run in the same class ????

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Does everyone run in the same class ????

there are 3 classes for the coolers under 40qt 41-72qt and the unlimited class over 73qt

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah in the cooler race bring what ya want

Air 22
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah in the cooler race bring what ya want
Entry #1 Unlimited Class.....: :kingme::pimp:

Ghost
02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
"Fix the cigarette lighter." :wink:

mattyboy
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
again let me assure everyone the poker run safety rules and precautions will be strictly enforced, to ensure everyone has a safe enjoyable run on the queen of american lakes.

after wards once we are docked for the eevening the silliness can commence

Dwight I hope they guys don't come they will be tough to beat

check out the video

http://www.johnnyproducts.com/RoverUnit.htm

Air 22
02-16-2009, 10:44 PM
again let me assure everyone the poker run safety rules and precautions will be strictly enforced, to ensure everyone has a safe enjoyable run on the queen of american lakes.
after wards once we are docked for the eevening the silliness can commence
Dwight I hope they guys don't come they will be tough to beat
check out the video
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/RoverUnit.htm

Be patient Young Grasshopper....for the Bravo Boyz are scheming as we speak...:)

mattyboy
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
update :

if you plan on attending and have not made your reservations now is the time to book rooms.

the permit will be filed this coming week and we will finalizing the plans

so stay tuned

mattyboy
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
latest the permit is filed and in process, plans for the weekend are coming together. we will be finalizing the run, the pace boats and the stops shortly

Air 22
03-20-2009, 08:50 PM
latest the permit is filed and in process, plans for the weekend are coming together. we will be finalizing the run, the pace boats and the stops shortly

Matty...that is GREAT NEWS!!!:yes:

Can u plz call me to discuss a few things ref the run...I PM'd u my #...

Thanks...:biggrin.:

Air 22
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
A little reminder of the fun on LG...:kingme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVVjPShO5g&feature=related

mattyboy
04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
damn I always miss that, not sure why I leave early for stop 2 I mean it is not like i can't leave with the pack and peel off after long island and head to harris bay in plenty of time to be there before the pack???

looking forward to this year, :)

mattyboy
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Air,

I just got a reservation from this guy he wants in on the hp500 cooler classic ;) :kingme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I7Dy1xlTTM

and he is bringing his friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOCP_5Hr2I

Air 22
04-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Matty....Bring it....:kingme: Who's COOLER now...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTLAvi1B1g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-mDsGSN2Qc

mattyboy
04-09-2009, 11:10 AM
that would make getting up the hill from the ramp alot easier ;) :yes:

mattyboy
05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Update May 10 2009

The permit is now in hand. Anyone attending this year's event will be a part of history, we have become a fully sanctioned regatta the only one for the donzi classics. Plans are now in the works for the safety meeting and final preps are going into the run. You have til friday may 15th to drop your registration and payment in the mail for the discounted price.

The friday night cocktail party will have a new twist once we get the final quote we will open it up for a vote to see what people want to do

we can go to the lakeside and everyone is on their to order of the menu or we can have a catered pavillion down by the lake at treasure cove BYOB more info to follow

the club realizes times are tough and money is tight so we are trying to keep things affordable for everyone. the main focus this year will be running the boats on the best lake in the world

if you have any questions or need anything let us know

mnmveth@optonline.net
whtdobe@aol.com

for more info

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Air 22
05-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Matty...That is great news!!
A fully sanctioned LGDCC Regatta...sweet..:) Nice work BTW!

bob haver
05-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I like the Friday at the pavillion plan :) :)

that is the best way ,we had a great time doing it that way for last years fall picnic:yes::)

Air 22
05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Am I having to send the G-5 for you and Buizzy(In a straight Jacket):nilly: outta Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport (KTMB) :pimp:....or.....are you haul'n:drive: to LG with a Classic?:crossfing::crossfing:

BUIZILLA
05-10-2009, 07:13 PM
you send it, i'm on it.. :yes: :shades:

Air 22
05-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Just in case you had any reservations about flying...:pimp:

boxy
05-11-2009, 05:55 AM

Can you make a quick 10 minute detour ?
Just come in low from Ogdensburg New York, there is a runway about 5 minutes from my house. The Federales would never know you were here ..... :eek:

The airport has a single 1,800 ft (549 m) grass runway, and serves mainly ultralight and glider traffic.

mattyboy
05-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Just in case you had any reservations about flying...:pimp:

at first glance with that big leather capt's chair I had to do a double take it looks a lot like buiz's coach ;)

Boxy maybe I could get a c-130 out of Stewart ANG they could do a pick but you would have to parachute in which would be a first too ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErEsNhDmo8

Air 22
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
14th Annual Dust-Off...:pimp:

El Presidente'..When can we order T-shirts for this year's Dust-Off?:yes::) Or can we pick them up at the event or paypal ya funds?? The LGDCC Logo Rocks:cool:

mattyboy
05-12-2009, 09:54 AM

the club figured it might be more affordable estimates are like 15 to 20 bucks a head catered and we'll be on the lake in a more casual setting letting people mingle.

we'll keep you posted

Air 22
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm with Poodle...Lakeside
Pavillion..:):):)
We can have paddleboat races aound the docks...btw I have a labbed prop for the paddleboats its a 32P..Pretty sure I can peddle that to 5k if Doc doesn't make to much wake around the docks...lol...:)

Air 22
05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Our paddleboat is equipped with twin Arnies.. Bring your goggles.. :nilly::nilly:

Bring your twin surface piercing silliness..We can do goggles and then some...lol...:pimp:

BigGrizzly
05-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Heck the plvilion sounds cool and i won't get lost going to the cabin, I THINK:nilly:

Kirbyvv
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
lakeside pavillion sounds great.