PDA

View Full Version : Aoth 2009

gero1
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
i know this is early but i would like to ask all who come to ky in 09 and run your boats, PLEASE take off your da^% bow lines when running on the lake. the pictures mike takes are so cool... and then you have them blowen up and there's a big old rope flying around on the front of the boat going over the windsheild. yea yea i know i need a beer and chill out but i want my pictures with no ropes!

cutwater
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Hilarious Poodle :yes:. I find myself saying that several times every summer:

"It's not a tow rope, it's a dock line dangit !!!!!!!!"

gero1
10-16-2008, 06:50 AM
i know what they are and what they are called(rt 2 summers ago,thanks) but i thought if i called them ropes everyone would help out. when you blow the picture up to frame it, they look something you would use to tie a freighter up in a port. we don't drive around with the bumper's hanging off the side, or dragging the minnow bucket do we???.....yes i have done them both

glashole
10-16-2008, 07:14 AM
didn't know it bothered anyone that much

I will make sure to call my ropes and bumpers by their other names when around you guys:nilly:

roadtrip se
10-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Running around with lines hanging off the bow looks about as dumb as fenders hanging off the side of a Bayliner.

I always take mine off and I have a tendency to crawl up there and take them off when riding with someone else.

How hard is it afterall? Besides, where is the fun if you can't risk sliding off the nose of your boat?

farmer tx
10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I consider myself reprimanded.:boat:

osur866
10-18-2008, 06:49 AM
I consider myself reprimanded.:boat: Ditto, gero how bout making sure its full of fuel also when leaving the docks. :rolleyes: Steve

gero1
10-18-2008, 11:55 AM
that's why i always have my ropes and bumpers with me, so i can be pulled, dragged, towed, yanked to the dock for more fuel when i run out. i am gonna try not to run out this year

roadtrip se
10-19-2008, 09:32 AM
that's why i always have my ropes and bumpers with me, so i can be pulled, dragged, towed, yanked to the dock for more fuel when i run out. i am gonna try not to run out this year

Yeh, I heard things got a little fair to mostly thirsty out there during the tow of shame. I would stay fueled up just to avoid THAT again....

The Hedgehog
10-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Running around with lines hanging off the bow looks about as dumb as fenders hanging off the side of a Bayliner.
I always take mine off and I have a tendency to crawl up there and take them off when riding with someone else.
How hard is it afterall? Besides, where is the fun if you can't risk sliding off the nose of your boat?

I am pretty fanatical about that too. It is a real pita to climb up there on the 26ZX and the bow of the X is sort of shaped like a sliding board up there. I NEVER leave a line out. The ONLY time I have actually fallen off is in front of everyone at AOTH last year. I think that 20 people took pics. I am surprise that they have not been posted yet.

Team Jefe
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Leaving lines out???? WHY would you do that, the cleats are right there easy access....Its not like you have to crawl on a big deck or anything.
:outtahere:

Besides, squaring away Lines and Fenders are what the Mate is there for....well that and looking good in a Bikini:biggrin.:

Trueser
10-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Robert,
Maybe if you installed the fuel tank gasket I shipped you wouldn’t loose any fuel in someone’s driveway.

Tim Morris
10-20-2008, 02:02 PM
We make exceptions for our Canadian brethren.... :bighug:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Ya had better! Over 'ere, we calls 'em 'strings'.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Sooooooo, you're a sayin' it don't look right leavin' yer deck/dock attachment on while at speed???? Even iffin yer attachment is color co ordinated to yer vessel???? uh, ok :tooth:

BigGrizzly
10-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Well I know what everything is called. I just don't where I an but I an having fun.(Gero1):yes:

SilverBack
11-22-2008, 08:35 PM
[quote= The ONLY time I have actually fallen off is in front of everyone at AOTH last year. I think that 20 people took pics. I am surprise that they have not been posted yet.[/quote]

Why haven't they been posted? I think that would be very helpful!!

SilverBack
11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Sooooooo, you're a sayin' it don't look right leavin' yer deck/dock attachment on while at speed???? Even iffin yer attachment is color co ordinated to yer vessel???? uh, ok :tooth:

Tom..are you picking on me????

Ghost
11-23-2008, 11:46 AM
P[cleated line reaches the prop while underway|no lines are cleated underway] = 0

P[cleated line reaches the prop while underway|one or more lines are cleated underway] > 0

(Depending on the length of your dock lines of course, but most are plenty long. :))

FISHIN SUCKS
11-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Tom..are you picking on me????
Are you the one that the infamous cartoon character 'Snuffy Smith' was based off of???

Donzi Vol
11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Well I'm pretty lazy, so if I go for an evening run I usually just leave the silly line on the bow, but I'll untie at AOTH just for you guys. :)

DC18
12-18-2008, 09:39 PM
i know this is early but i would like to ask all who come to ky in 09 and run your boats, PLEASE take off your da^% bow lines when running on the lake. the pictures mike takes are so cool... and then you have them blowen up and there's a big old rope flying around on the front of the boat going over the windsheild. yea yea i know i need a beer and chill out but i want my pictures with no ropes!

Would like to come. Is a 18 Classic ok? Is it Ky Lake you are referring to?
Don't worry no ropes, dock line or fenders! Dates?

RedDog
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM

May 14th thru May 17th, 2008

There will be about as many 18s as anything else - definitely come! Several 16s as well

It is at Lake Cumberland in eastern KY near Jamestown KY

More info here -

http://www.mwdonziclub.com/

and here - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55054

just ignore all of the smack in the posts. It is as low key or highly intense or family appropriate (well lets rule out Fishin' Suxs auction mc on that) as any event you could imagine. Everything from little kids to hot babes but all in excellent taste.

RedDog
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM

oh yea - there will definitely be some old farts too in their Donzi or Formula cabin cruisers :wink:

Team Jefe
12-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Me, Gero, Trip, Glashole, Rumshaker, Silverback, Tex, HH, BCC, Air22, and Several others will be there.....

.....Dam* Tim, you have an odd definition of Excellent Taste, but then again.....

You (well your lovely bride), Farmer (Ok HIS lovely bride), Bolts, Dr. Dan, Poodle, Buizilla, and a few others have pretty good taste.

BigGrizzly
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Jefe, I will be there with My lady, so you better rewrite that post or suffer Barb's wrath.:wink:

Team Jefe
12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Jefe, I will be there with My lady, so you better rewrite that post or suffer Barb's wrath.:wink:

What? I mean God, Water, Air and sunshine are gonna be there too I didn't mention them....there are just some things that everyone knows without having to be told.....

....BigGrizz and his sweet bride being THE class act of the Donzi Family...

.....is just one of those truths that is always self-evident. Everyone knows this already. I'm not leaving you out, but for sure do not want to mention your name in any way shape or form with anything to do with Bad Taste....even if its you have good taste to overcome the bad.

You and Barb are in a class by yourselves...again, something everyone already knows.

and that is God's Honest truth...not just me blowing sunshine up your a$$:yes:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-21-2008, 08:58 AM
It is as low key or highly intense or family appropriate (well lets rule out Fishin' Suxs auction mc on that)
Sorry, I'm kinda workin on that, but the 'quarter in the jar' thing isn't workin for me:)

Donzi Vol
12-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I'm kinda workin on that, but the 'quarter in the jar' thing isn't workin for me:)

Haha! It's alright...I like your style. I still feel like a bit of a drunk, though since I drank about 12 of what I won during the course of the auction:wink:.

FISHIN SUCKS
12-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Haha! It's alright...I like your style. I still feel like a bit of a drunk, though since I drank about 12 of what I won during the course of the auction:wink:.
Don't feel bad about that.......and thanx for being kind to this dumb animal:bonk: I could go as far as to say like the old Bartyles and James commercials: 'thank you for your support':)

gero1
01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
just a reminder, NO ROPE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

show-n-go h2o
01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't feel bad about that.......and thanx for being kind to this dumb animal:bonk: I could go as far as to say like the old Bartyles and James commercials: 'thank you for your support':)

the auction is the highlite of the weekend, sure the boating events are great but what is better than all the boaters eating together,drinking together, and talking smack to each other, all the while bidding against each other while watching pictures of all of the fun that we had over the 3 day's of events.. i can't wait untill may

The Hedgehog
01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
the auction is the highlite of the weekend, sure the boating events are great but what is better than all the boaters eating together,drinking together, and talking smack to each other, all the while bidding against each other while watching pictures of all of the fun that we had over the 3 day's of events.. i can't wait untill may

Agreed,

and the good thing is that Tom gets to entertain us again this year.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Agreed,
and the good thing is that Tom gets to entertain us again this year.
You guys:redface:....don't make me cry:bawling:. And the fortunate part for those who may not agree with you, the auction is optional. Although, the club does benefit from the proceeds, so please attend.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
just a reminder, NO ROPE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's kinda like havin' a glob of ketchup on your face, if no one tells me, it will stay there until bath night:nilly: NO ROPES, NO ROPES, I will write this down, NO ROPES!!!!

zelatore
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
It's kinda like havin' a glob of ketchup on your face, if no one tells me, it will stay there until bath night:nilly: NO ROPES, NO ROPES, I will write this down, NO ROPES!!!!

You know, not to nit-pick or anything, but ropes are on land, lines are on boats....:boat:

(ducking)

FISHIN SUCKS
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
You know, not to nit-pick or anything, but ropes are on land, lines are on boats....:boat:

(ducking)
DANGIT.....I know they are LINES, LINES! But I fell into the trap of Tennessee'n terminology and called them ROPES. You're right Don, LINES...and yeah, I can agree to the 'clique' thing!

gero1
01-13-2009, 06:40 AM
just went to the doctor and i aint got no cliques!! will use my new cabless talk box to find out what you kids are talking about.

gero1
02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
seems there will be alot of boats this year for aoth, and lots of pictures taken. please reefer to the first post in this thread. thank you and have a great day:party:

ITTLFLI
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
please reefer :party:

:outtahere:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
.....Robert and Byron said 'reefer':nilly::nilly:

Air 22
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't forget your lanyards folks:) cant be over stated...:wink:

glashole
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
would it be possible to use our boat ropes as lanyards??

that way they are guaranteed to be off the front of the boat

boxy
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
And we ALL know what reefer leads to...
qG5-Go1HH7Q
Don't forget your lanyards folks :)
H:eek:LY CRAP ... Wrong boat. I first thought it was the 1075 ZR that went to Belarus(?)
Still sucks.

Trueser
02-03-2009, 03:20 PM
would it be possible to use our boat ropes as lanyards??

that way they are guaranteed to be off the front of the boat

The question is what do you use on a golf cart?

gero1
02-04-2009, 06:14 AM
u jus cal me's a lanyard? let me find my ones tooth and iama going to meet you at the bike racks after schooling....cause you was a tattle tail tommy nows you gots to drink 4 shots o shine. do i need to bring my clubs this year?

FISHIN SUCKS
02-04-2009, 08:49 AM
oooooooooohhhh:eek:, I'm a big fan of the sour mash:yes:. Even the ones with berries in it is good!

Golf cart, lanyard, Shea:drive:............you have found the solution Mikey:smash:!

glashole
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
u jus cal me's a lanyard? let me find my ones tooth and iama going to meet you at the bike racks after schooling....cause you was a tattle tail tommy nows you gots to drink 4 shots o shine. do i need to bring my clubs this year?

Seriously........What???

gero1
02-24-2009, 06:45 AM
just a reminder to put your do dads and other chinga dareo's up when navigating on the water......these will be very usefull when some jack a$$ runs his boat out of fuel so please have them handy. thank you for calling and have a great day

FISHIN SUCKS
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
just a reminder to put your do dads and other chinga dareo's up when navigating on the water......
Go ahead Shea, say it:

Seriously........What???

'Cause if you don't, I did.....I can kinda follow the do dad, but what the he!! is a chinga da????'s:confused::confused:? That aint even good hick talk:boggled:, that's messican-south of the border talk right there:pimp:!

roadtrip se
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
just a reminder to put your do dads and other chinga dareo's up when navigating on the water......these will be very usefull when some jack a$$ runs his boat out of fuel so please have them handy. thank you for calling and have a great day

Chinga dareos = Tow rope? Hell, if I know...

Trueser
02-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Chinga dareos = Tow rope? Hell, if I know...

Chinga dareos = some kind of sprits

farmer tx
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Translation, Dock lines & bumpers.:nilly::yes:

gero1
02-25-2009, 06:17 AM
ft got it!!!!! better listen to angry animal or it will be my fault if your boat aint done

gero1
03-06-2009, 06:22 AM
ropes, i don't wanna see no stinking ropes!!!!!!!!

gero1
05-04-2009, 06:43 AM
please go back and read the first post, thank you and have a great day

FISHIN SUCKS
05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Good point Robert! Maybe before we leave the dock for Lee's Ford, we can make an announcement to everyone to take off their bow lines:yes:.