PDA

View Full Version : Ford F350

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I pulled the trigger, F350 4x4 loaded, the employee discount (Z Plan, "got to love the Z" - ya know, ZX...) then $7500 off of that was a sweet deal on a 53K truck for mid $30's, I am shocked, for once I am happy with a vehicle purchase.

I dropped off the check yesterday, and now I know how run down my 2004
F350 was, yet I didn't know it, the new ride is so much nicer, the twin turbo is awesome.

With Ford trading so low on the big board, I figured I would share what I consider a good deal.

Buy Ford...

Bryan

roadtrip se
10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
You will have to keep us informed as you put miles on it how she does.
This is what is next for us, since there won't be another Excursion to chose from.

One of my best friends is a Ford Master Tech and he said they are not coming back very much at all.

Good looking!

Donziweasel
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
11,000 miles on my 2008 F-350 twin turbo 6.4L. Love it. Gas mileage sucks, but I tow horses, boats, snowmobiles, etc... and it never misses a beat. If I have one complaint it is this, I got the 20 inch rims. My 2004 F-350 had 17's. The 20's ride too harsh on the dirt road washboards. On road they are fine.

BUIZILLA
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Gas mileage sucks,
if you put diesel fuel in it, it may improve... :wink:

Donziweasel
10-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Gas mileage sounded better than diesel fuel mileage.:wink:

DonziFreak
10-13-2008, 07:33 AM
gas-any such combustible fluid used as fuel

So gas mileage was right :biggrin.:

BigGrizzly
10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I envy you guys. My financial consultant (the wife) says we are keeping the boat you have so a new tow unit is not going to happen.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Big Griz... good to hear from you, you listen to Barb! You have a great life, we envy you! Boats, lake house, great family etc.

We are well here in VA, 4 days into the new truck and I love it! Smartest move I have made in awhile.

I will call you soon and we will catch up!

Bryan

BigGrizzly
10-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Bryan I have no choice but to listen to her, we are a team. Your right I do feel I have it all at least for me. We were watching them moving the Intrepid and though of you. Stay safe and good luck with the truck.

Donziweasel
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
One thing I love with the 6.4 vs. my old 6.0. Goes something like this-

"yes, I would like a number 6, biggie sized with a coke"
"sir, we can't hear you, can you please turn off your truck"

Not anymore. The 6.4 is so quiet, I didn't even know it was running one day when it was started in the parking lot.

roadtrip se
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
B,
Mines actually a rental. My 06 F350 was the victim of some clown who hit a 15'2" tall overpass with a track-hoe and dropped large chunks of concrete all over it, then tried to leave the scene of the festivities.. Legal limit is 13'6", he "didn't know that"...
So far, only about 200 miles on it. Towed today for the first time, MT 46' Myco BOX frame triple axle trailer. No idea of the weight, I know that trailer tossed my SRW 06 around though. The new truck didn't know it was there, even when I got into a couple drag races with folks trying to cut me off at the traffic lights. IMO, Ford did a hell of a job on the truck, and the 6.4. I think your going to like yours man.
I also think I may be at Ford when my 06 is all shiny and new again... :kingme:

DRW's might have something to do with it too. Yes, parking is a hassle, but that is what they make the last row by the highway at Wallie World for.

I'd do it with the insane loads you pull around and the Cracker Jacks box driver's licenses everyone seems to drive around with in South Fla.

Heidi: What was that honey?

MP: Nothing sweet heart, just a speed bump....

Donziweasel
10-14-2008, 07:27 AM
I thought about a dually, but they are awful on snow and ice. Sticking with singles for now.

LKSD
10-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the new rides guys..

We just got a good hand shake on a new Dodge Ram & Jeep Commander.. The rebates & incentives were too goood to pass up this time around.. It has been a good time to buy lately if one can swing it, there are currently some good deals to be had by the US auto makers.. Jamie :)