PDA

View Full Version : Canadian dollar, $.96 US Monday, $.83 on Friday

Lenny
10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
WOW

Canadian dollar takes steepest one-day dive
35 minutes ago

TORONTO (AP) — The Canadian dollar posted its steepest one-day decline against the U.S. greenback Friday, dropping by 4.5 American cents.

According to the Bank of Montreal's currency desk, the Canadian dollar was down 4.5 American cents in afternoon trading at 82.78 cents.

Canada's currency has lost more than a quarter of its value since hitting its all-time peak of $1.103 in November after a rapid three-month rise.

The Canadian dollar was last worth 83 American cents on Feb. 21, 2003.

According to the Bank of Canada's Web site, Canada's dollar hasn't fallen by more than three American cents in one day since June 21, 1961, when it lost 3.38 cents.

Glad the stable is near full. :(

Trueser
10-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe Canada should pitch in on the bailout package...

jl1962
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
That's harsh Lenny.....

Tell you what though - I, and others will be happy to subsidize your bar tab at the Algonquin next June so fear not. :yes:

Of course if the almighty :worthy: greenback tanks vs. the canuck buck - bring yer wallet!

Seriously though - this has been a week for the books and I hope everyone's in one piece.

Peace-
JL

Lenny
10-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Maybe Canada should pitch in on the bailout package...

I don't think we even have 700Billion here...

Algonquin, definately, either way. I buy/you buy,...just be there.

Breaky in Bolton's Landing :D

gcarter
10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Lenny, I won't contribute to your bevarage of choice bill, but I will have some sympathy.
After all we've been watching the dollar going down for quite awhile.
It's going up now, the faster we recover, the more it will.

boxy
10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Somewhere betweeen $0.79 to $0.85 would be a nice place for it to stay all the time.
It would suck for boat purchases, but it would sure help our exports.

McGary911
10-11-2008, 07:43 AM
I don't think we even have 700Billion here...

Algo.....

I'm pretty sure we don't have 700 billion here either:rolleyes:

Currency is a funny thing. I have 1.3 million Iraqi Dinar laying around the house. I figure if that place ever really stabilizes, it could go up in value. Instead, it's worth a bit more today then when I bought it, but that's because the US dollar has dropped in relation to it......oops.

Trueser
10-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Lenny,
How the jobs holding up in Canada?

Lenny
10-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Lenny,
How the jobs holding up in Canada?

No problem. You could have one in about 5 minutes if you were interested. That is the one thing that does not follow your economy.

We can NOT get people period for the workload here. We still have signs on building saying, Framer wanted, plumber, drywaller, roofer, whatever, you name it.

As well, all the low paying jobs are also available. 7 Elevens, Tim Hortons, (your Crispy Cremes) etc, close at whatever hour they like cuz there are no staff. :eek: