PDA

View Full Version : Was: 18 2+3 V-drive- Now 1967 SS V-drive!

Mach 5
10-09-2008, 11:39 PM
So,
Newbie to this board, but really excited about my restoration that you all have seen a few shots of.. Paint is on the hull, Deck has been hand 'long board' sanded, and gets shot in the next couple of days.
I think it is fair to say that the Donzi factory may have never turned out a hull this straight and rigid. Wow!
The Rocket trailer is at the welder today, blasted and painted on Monday, then start putting the Holman Moody V-drive power train back together.. Wow.. It has been such an ugly project for a long time, now.. Much better..

Please holler back at me with any comments, suggestions and ideas. I have been building boats and fast boats with my dad most of my life, but the Donzi world is new to me!

Garry
1967 Ski Sporter V-drive
Seattle WA

Conquistador_del_mar
10-10-2008, 12:44 AM
So,
Newbie to this board, but really excited about my restoration that you all have seen a few shots of.. Paint is on the hull, Deck has been hand 'long board' sanded, and gets shot in the next couple of days.
I think it is fair to say that the Donzi factory may have never turned out a hull this straight and rigid. Wow!
The Rocket trailer is at the welder today, blasted and painted on Monday, then start putting the Holman Moody V-drive power train back together.. Wow.. It has been such an ugly project for a long time, now.. Much better..

Please holler back at me with any comments, suggestions and ideas. I have been building boats and fast boats with my dad most of my life, but the Donzi world is new to me!

Garry
1967 Ski Sporter V-drive
Seattle WA

Wow, Garry! Your project is moving fast. It looks like they have done great work on it. I remember the pictures of when it looked like a wreck. Isn't it fun to see it come back to life? Have you assembled most of the parts you will be installing? I look forward to seeing more shots of it as it nears completion. Bill

Lenny
10-10-2008, 01:25 AM
2 hours North of you... :) Looks GREAT !!!

:)

Morgan's Cloud
10-10-2008, 07:13 AM
And a very worthwhile one to restore also ... there couldn't have been too many V drive 16's !