PDA

View Full Version : 4.3 w/thru-hull audio files anyone??

Hoosier_Guy
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi Everyone, As you can tell I'm new to the site but am loving it!! I'm just getting back into boating and have fallen in love with Donzi's - particularly the Sweet 16. Before considering a V-6 I'd like to hear what it sounds like w/thru-hull exhaust. If anyone has video w/audio or just audio files please let me know!! Thanks, Hoosier_Guy.

MOP
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Use the search tab up top, there is a video with sound. Similar to a bus with glass packs!

The Hedgehog
10-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Use the search tab up top, there is a video with sound. Similar to a bus with glass packs!

I was thinking more like an airplane!

We have one with through hull. It has a cool sounding idle. I would do it again. It was a good mod IMHO. I wish I had a sound clip.

CrackerJack
10-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I had a Donzi 16 that had a 4.3L V-6 with thru-hull and loved it.
Here is a link I made awhile back, but I can not get the video clips to open.
It may be something at my end.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26830&highlight=jkeefe
Take it for a test run.
If you do buy it, run it like you stolen it and then do what we did, drop in a V8.

Hoosier_Guy
10-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks to all for the replies!! Crackerjack - I couldn't get the links to work either. If you could send them to me at cownox@comcast.net I'd appreciate it.

CrackerJack
10-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Here are 3 video files. First one is of the boat running next to one of Ted's 22's.:worthy: You cannot hear any sound from the 16'. My son was taking the shot from Mark's 3250 Donzi Daytona north of Palatka on the St. Johns River. The second is at idle, and the last is from idle to on plane. If you do end up getting a Donzi you will met some really great people and have alot of fun. I could go on for hours about what my son and I have enjoyed over the years.
Hope this helps,
Jack

Hoosier_Guy
10-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Jack, Thanks for posting the files. The V-6 sounds sounds better than I thought it would. Looks like you were having a great time runnin with the big boats!! Gary

marcdups
10-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Cracker Jack , how are you and the family? good to see ya again, I have not been on here for a while, but had to make a good faith donation to the harbour master, what a guy !!!
When I installed the corsa system on the 16, every one at the small lake I was boating on in Raleigh thought a small Cessna was gonna crash in the lake, but it sounded good and gave it a little more room to breathe, now looking to rebuild the 350 mag I got in the eighteen this winter, and no more y pipe, straight xhaust with a little muffler and flaps, and a new dash, where my next post is gonna be.

CrackerJack
10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Everyone is good............Towel Boy. Great to hear from you, hope all is good with you. I pop in now and then too, so I was just trying to help out a possible new Donzi owner. Brandon and I repowered the 16' with a 350 couple of years ago now. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, probably since I didn't do most of the work........ just the $$$$$. Have any pic's of the 18'? Here are some pictures of Brandon's work.:biggrin.:

CrackerJack
10-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Mark, remember this outing? One brave man letting some kid pilot his Donzi.

The Hedgehog
10-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Mark, remember this outing? One brave man letting some kid pilot his Donzi.

Hey Cracker Jack,

Your former X-18 is happy and doing well.

CrackerJack
10-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Post some pictures.:cool:

The Hedgehog
10-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I have posted a punch of the pics already so it won't let me do it again. Here is a shot I took with my phone around the 4th of July. The boat runs great with the 383 mag, Bravo and external hyrdaulic steering. 72 on the gps is the best to date. We ended up doing a full deck off. We replaced the tank and all the wiring. The hull and deck were in great shape.