PDA

View Full Version : early notice for my Graduation / Holliday party

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Well,

I just received my Graduation application, so it's time to start planning :party:

First, football schedules,.... December 13,... Gators, Canes, Noles - off, No bowl games until the 20th - College schedule clear

NFL - No Games - schedule clear

So, I'd like to invite everyone here to my Graduation / Holliday party!

When - December 13th 2pm - ??? - I figured 2pm is a good start time, gives those that are travelling from out of area time to have fun, and still get back home at a decent time if they'd like. There is no official end time though :eek: :biggrin:

Where - My pad - p/m for addy please

Why - Well, the completion of my college course requirements for my Software Engineering degree, and heck, it's the holliday season, so time to do some end of the year stress relief

I'll be cooking hamburgers, hot-dogs and BBQ Chicken on the grill, and will be happy to throw anything on there. Note though, after about 8pm my grilling techniques may start to faulter a little :alky: :drunk:

Drinks of all sorts, soda's, juices, Rum, Tequilia, Vodka, Beer (Red-Stripe by the case lol)

Pool will be warmed up :lifeprese: , so make sure to bring the swim trunks / suits

Music will be crankin :rock:

There is even rumor that a certain Bikini Team Captain is trying to schedule an appearance :yes: :pimptwo:

See y'all real (or reel ;) ) soon!
Wayne

txtaz
10-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Good job Wayne. I'm proud of you.

My deadline is the 19th. Hopefully I will have my thesis done by then and can make your party. I think I need to make a trip to help George out and maybe we can schedule everything together.

I'll keep you informed.

Da Taz<---Another nerd joins the club.:party::party::biggrin.:

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Good job Wayne. I'm proud of you.

My deadline is the 19th. Hopefully I will have my thesis done by then and can make your party. I think I need to make a trip to help George out and maybe we can schedule everything together.

I'll keep you informed.

Da Taz<---Another nerd joins the club.:party::party::biggrin.:
Man, that sounds good to me.

If you don't get that "paper" you were wanting from me by Sunday, call me and give me a verbal smack down,..... I just keep forgetting to put it all together for you,.... I'm a scatter brain, and need to try to keep my thoughts organized :wink:

As a side note, I sent my Resume' in for a Software Engineer job in San Antonio, we'll see, but I am hopeful :D

Wayne

txtaz
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Man, that sounds good to me.

If you don't get that "paper" you were wanting from me by Sunday, call me and give me a verbal smack down,..... I just keep forgetting to put it all together for you,.... I'm a scatter brain, and need to try to keep my thoughts organized :wink:

You know if you just send it...ehrr mail it...erhh email it...ehhr have someone bring it on a bicycle...Talk about scattered.....

I will talk with George and see if we can make it work. BTW, electronic submissions are easiest. I just cut and paste. Saves the finger tips.

As a side note, I sent my Resume' in for a Software Engineer job in San Antonio, we'll see, but I am hopeful :D
Wayne

Nice, Come join the club. We do cookouts every weekend and I have a BIG stainless grill. (OK, I can see Mark drooling now.) We also do the cooking for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Supper Bowl. You might have to bring your own table as we can only seat 10.:biggrin.:

Dr. Taz<---Yep, half way there...just another 200 pages to go. Man it must suck to be a reporter.

Kirbyvv
10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Congratulations Wayne. A bit far to travel for me, but I'll toast one to you.

Team Jefe
10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Have cooking supplies....will travel:yes:

Its good to be the King:kingme:

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Congratulations Wayne. A bit far to travel for me, but I'll toast one to you.

Thanks!!

You buying that Volvo assembly from me helped make it possible, so we'll toast together ;)

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
You know if you just send it...ehrr mail it...erhh email it...ehhr have someone bring it on a bicycle...Talk about scattered.....

I will talk with George and see if we can make it work. BTW, electronic submissions are easiest. I just cut and paste. Saves the finger tips.

Nice, Come join the club. We do cookouts every weekend and I have a BIG stainless grill. (OK, I can see Mark drooling now.) We also do the cooking for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Supper Bowl. You might have to bring your own table as we can only seat 10.:biggrin.:

Dr. Taz<---Yep, half way there...just another 200 pages to go. Man it must suck to be a reporter.
You know, I was talking to Cari the other night, and one thing she really misses is doing stuff with family. She was recently out in Tahoe for a week with my Ex Father-in-law and his family, and loved it. Here in Florida we are on our own, no babysitters (tough to find 'em anymore, especially with 5 kids lol), but we have managed, but don't have much local comradery.

We are strongly considering moving pretty much where-ever though, and I really appreciate the weekend BBQ offer,.... it's something she and I would both enjoy very much :D :yes:

Yeah, with my tribe, we need 2 tables, or need to eat in shifts lol ;)

Hope it works out to see 'ya in December!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Have cooking supplies....will travel:yes:

Its good to be the King:kingme:

The room is ready Amigo,..... flowery sheets, but hey, that's the wifes department,.... I'll look into getting some satin ones on there for 'ya :wink:

Breakfast Saturday morning to be Grits, Eggs, Bacon, etc. :biggrin.:

Wayne

Team Jefe
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll bring some Homemade tortillas from my neighbor-lady and kick 'em up Jefe Style...

Flight is booked. Arriving in Orlando (MCO) 1505 Friday Dec 12. Get a rental car and should be up there around 1800ish Just in time for Supper:shades:

Its On Now:beer:

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll bring some Homemade tortillas from my neighbor-lady and kick 'em up Jefe Style...

Flight is booked. Arriving in Orlando (MCO) 1505 Friday Dec 12. Get a rental car and should be up there around 1800ish Just in time for Supper:shades:

Its On Now:beer:

Awesome!! Looking forward to it :D Not sure what supper will be yet,... but we'll make it good ;)

Love the military time thing too, my wife just doesn't understand why ;)

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Well, I started my last class today,..... I can't believe it,.... what am I going to do when I'm done with school,....

oh yeah, there is a boat thing I'm working on ;)

Anyway, I've gotten a lot closer, and would love to see some friendly faces help me celebrate, Jefe is going to help me set up Saturday, so you know we'll have a good time with good eats :yes:

I'm very excited, I am the first person in my family to have continued my education to this point, and feel I have set an example to my kids by doing so.

Again, look forward to seeing everyone, please drop me a note if you're going to try to make it, as I've got some "supplies" to purchase :D !

Wayne

Team Jefe
10-29-2008, 08:08 PM
this party is going to be off the hook:pimp:

BUT, Wayne don't think about that yet..focus man, focus:yes:

txtaz
10-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Wayne, I'm working with George to set a date. I'm busting A$$ to get this thesis done well before Dec. 19th. Ohhh yeah, you owe me some pages.

George has some things he wants to get done, I have free flier miles and maybe we can schedule all things together and help you celebrate.

Da Taz<----Jefe in flowered sheets. Where's my camera?

BigGrizzly
10-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Now you can be an over qualified worker.:wink:

Team Jefe
10-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Bubba, it ain't me in flowered sheets you want to see.....its HER:pimp:

txtaz
10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
I've got my "Red Bikini Girl" for flowered sheets right here.

We are working on dates and maybe the Mrs.Taz can make the trip as well. You guys are going to love her...Just ask Jefe...I don't know if he has stopped drooling yet.:wink::nilly:

We are looking at the week of Dec. 6 - 14. That gives me time to take care of Georges upgrades and Jenn time to hit the outlet malls. AND gets me back in time to graduate. Yep I got word today, I've done enough. THANK GOD! I'm worn out.

Da Taz<---Florida here we come...

onesubdrvr
10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Now you can be an over qualified worker.:wink:
lol,

You know something, I was talking to Cari the other day, she has had her accounting degree for 6 months or so now, but much of her experience is in banking (auditing),....... wrong time to be in banking looking for a job ;) She wants to stay with the auditing route, vice becoming a CPA, but we'll see.

As for me, you're probably right ;) I'll have my degree, and I'll probably keep turning wrenches on air compressors,..... well until things settle down a little,..... but in the back, behind the curtains, I'll be working :D

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-30-2008, 03:20 PM
I've got my "Red Bikini Girl" for flowered sheets right here.

We are working on dates and maybe the Mrs.Taz can make the trip as well. You guys are going to love her...Just ask Jefe...I don't know if he has stopped drooling yet.:wink::nilly:

We are looking at the week of Dec. 6 - 14. That gives me time to take care of Georges upgrades and Jenn time to hit the outlet malls. AND gets me back in time to graduate. Yep I got word today, I've done enough. THANK GOD! I'm worn out.

Da Taz<---Florida here we come...
Taz,

Again I hope it all works out. We met you and Jenn when you were in Florida and we did the cook out with George, Cuda, Jim, etc.. She is a sweetheart ;). I guess that was 07 August time frame (?) I gotta go look up some pictures and see if I can remember when that was,.... either way it was fun, and you guys were a blast.

Wayne

txtaz
10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
You might be right Wayne, she did make one of the trips with me. Just not sure which one. And bet your A$$ she knows exactly where to go shopping. Oh Elaine...someone needs a ride.

Should I bring fajitas and home made salsa? Maybe we can talk Farmer into coming with some brisket.

Has anyone hit up the pissy fuzzy one into coming?

Da Taz

onesubdrvr
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
You might be right Wayne, she did make one of the trips with me. Just not sure which one. And bet your A$$ she knows exactly where to go shopping. Oh Elaine...someone needs a ride.

Should I bring fajitas and home made salsa? Maybe we can talk Farmer into coming with some brisket.

Has anyone hit up the pissy fuzzy one into coming?

Da Taz
Nope, I haven't yet,.... I talked to him the other day about a cat hull I was standing in front of, and forgot to mention it to him,.....

Fajitas are good,.... nay great!! but just bringing yourself is more than enough ;)

I'm one of the lucky few,.... my wife used to hate to shop,... even before we had kids, and time was of no object, nor was money,.... boy am I thankful!! Even now, she goes shopping, but it isn't a must for her to go,..... unless we are in Connecticut, then it is a REQUIREMENT that we go to "The Christmas Tree Shop" :)

Women know,... it's like they can sense shopping havens,.... I guess it's like guys to some extent, there was a 16 hull in Jupiter I saw, tucked between buildings, complete basket case, no trailer or drive, but I was able to spot it. Drove by it like 3 times before I got out of the truck to take pictures of it lol!!

Talk to ya soon!, Take care ;)
Wayne

ChromeGorilla
10-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Wayne,

This is one I truly wish Michelle and I could make. Congrats...I know you've been working hard. Unfortunately I don't get home from Australia until Dec 19th.... :frown:

Thats OK though... we get together eventually and hit the water.... you could always come up for a visit and some boatin.....:yes:

Oh... Wayne, what is your drink of chioce.....? I mean your absolute fav.

onesubdrvr
10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Wayne,

This is one I truly wish Michelle and I could make. Congrats...I know you've been working hard. Unfortunately I don't get home from Australia until Dec 19th.... :frown:

Thats OK though... we get together eventually and hit the water.... you could always come up for a visit and some boatin.....:yes:

Oh... Wayne, what is your drink of chioce.....? I mean your absolute fav.
Chrome, I'll have to take you up on that boat ride some time,...... I am getting to a point in my life where we (Cari & I) will be able to become a little more independent of the kids,.... the older ones will eventually want to go with friends instead of come with mom and dad,.... and the little man is 2, but the years add up quick.

My drink of choice is Rum - pretty much anything, but Bacardi has some private stock that I was only able to find in Puerto Rico that was aged like 15 years, very smooth, very good. I went through my 151 phase, but am a little beyond that now :bonk:

Thanks for the congrats, you will be missed, and I'm sure we can hook up some time next year. Enjoy the trip to Australia, bring some spare blue jeans :wink: .

Wayne

MOP
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
The party sounds great enjoy:pretzel::beer::party::drunk: Congrats Mr.> Bubbles I hope all is good for as you get off and running!

onesubdrvr
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
The party sounds great enjoy:pretzel::beer::party::drunk: Congrats Mr.> Bubbles I hope all is good for as you get off and running!
Thanks Phil :kingme:,...

It's going to be great to see friends, toast drinks for friends not present, and just let my mind go free for an evening.

Another big up-side, is though my budget will be tight for a little while, I'll have that most elusive of all commodoties (time) to start working on my 16 when it gets here. :yes::boat:

Wayne

txtaz
11-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Jenn and I are in. Not sure yet if we will arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday but we will have to leave on Sunday the 14th. George has offered to bring us down to your party. You might want to send him your addy.

See you soon.

Da Taz

onesubdrvr
11-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Jenn and I are in. Not sure yet if we will arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday but we will have to leave on Sunday the 14th. George has offered to bring us down to your party. You might want to send him your addy.

See you soon.

Da Taz
Taz,.... that's awesome, it'll be great to see you, Jenn, George and Elaine again!!

I'll P/M my addy soon!

Wayne

Team Jefe
11-02-2008, 10:04 AM
well well well, looks like this party is getting off to a great start.

Chromey - have fun in Aus, but please still send Michelle....she is who I, I mean, We want to see anyway:wink:

Taz, we don't need no stinking brisket from the farmer...this is Florida, well cook Cajun Food.:kingme:

Actually, Wayne we need to start talking about what we are going to do....I think I need to ship some supplies over there. No sure HomeLand Security folks would appreciate me flying with some of this stuff:confused:

onesubdrvr
11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
well well well, looks like this party is getting off to a great start.

Chromey - have fun in Aus, but please still send Michelle....she is who I, I mean, We want to see anyway:wink:

Taz, we don't need no stinking brisket from the farmer...this is Florida, well cook Cajun Food.:kingme:

Actually, Wayne we need to start talking about what we are going to do....I think I need to ship some supplies over there. No sure HomeLand Security folks would appreciate me flying with some of this stuff:confused:
P/M sent buddy, will be talking to you soon!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Just a reminder y'all, 11 days to go to the PARTY!!

Wayne

The Hedgehog
12-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I think that it is really cool that you did that. Congrads

txtaz
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Wayne,
Jen is hyped to go to Florida. We should be there on time if I can drag her away from the shopping malls. :nilly::nilly::bonk:

Da Taz

onesubdrvr
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Wayne,
Jen is hyped to go to Florida. We should be there on time if I can drag her away from the shopping malls. :nilly::nilly::bonk:

Da Taz

I'm glad she's excited, and I must say we are too. Next weekend will keep me busy, putting off some of the home repair stuff I postponed because of "homework" ;) , but we can't wait for everyone to get here.

I hope you are doing well, and making a good recovery, I don't want you to over do it. :D

See Ya Real Soon :D!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
hmm, got room to park a 35' RV somewhere?? I "may" be returning from orlando Sat... :D :D :D

Hmmm, well, they are still working on the house across the street - lot it unfinished, but definitely parkable,....

Well, hell, you've seen the street, I'm sure we can find 'ya a place to park :yes: :wink:

Wayne

txtaz
12-04-2008, 07:14 AM
hmm, got room to park a 35' RV somewhere?? I "may" be returning from orlando Sat... :D :D :D

I'll give you a call later today. Maybe we can get together in Orlando if you can't make the party.

Da Taz

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 08:15 AM
congrats wayne good for you hopefully i can tie a good one on at my son's graduation party that day seems so far off

:)

onesubdrvr
12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
congrats wayne good for you hopefully i can tie a good one on at my son's graduation party that day seems so far off

:)
Thanks Matty :D

Hope to hook up some time, maybe at Lake George for the Dustoff in '10

Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Well, as of right now, the weather is looking good for Saturday!!

76 as a high, 60 as a low, 10% chance of rain, mostly sunny!!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weekend/34953?from=36hr_topnav_sports

Gotta love it :D

Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
First, I'd like to thank everyone that made the trip to my house for my grad. party. I had a GREAT time, and enjoyed seeing everyone, and being able to spend some time with everyone.

Let me also say, that Jefe is the MAN!! and graced us with not only his company, but some delicious foodage. Eggrolls - smoked oyster, salami and cheese, preschuitto and cheest. Also, some crab and oyster stuffed pork loins that were to die for ;)

Jeff, thanks again for everything, and you are welcome to Florida anytime,... need a winter break from those 30* temps, my door is always open.

George Carter and his wife Elaine came over from Orlando with Wes and Jennifer - they are truely wonderfull people one and all, and it was great to see them all again. Unfortunately they were a little crunched for time and didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked, but there was still several things to be taken care of with Georges new server, and some shopping before the return trip to Texas today.

Bob came up from Ft. Lauderdale, and came bearing some left overs from his 18 resto, and they will certainly provided me with many useful parts for me to resto the 16 when it gets here. Thank you sir for making the drive, and the wonderful parts. It was good to see you again, and I hope I can make it down to take a ride soon.

Scott and Heidi made it up from Miami with Jim's christmas present, and some most delicious coffee and deserts! Again Scott, it was great to see 'ya again, and I miss the fact that I'm not down in Miami more often to drag you out to lunch. Again, we enjoyed your company, and Heidi is such a sweetheart; you are both great folks, and a great assett to any community :) Give Jim's "present" a good scratch on the belly for me ;)

My R/C flying buddy came over, and was kind enough to D/J and set up the Karaoke machine, he and I have been flying for a couple of years now, and he's a great guy. His wife is having some health issues, and came over for a while, it was good to see her again, and she's looking pretty good all things considered.

As has become a sort of custom here over the years, I have made a list of things I learned from this get together (in no particular order).

1) Accomplishments are great, and can take you far in life, but it's your friends and family that make life worth living.

2) The best all around boat is a 19-23' center console, with a single outboard :)

3) Jefe CAN COOK!!!!!!!!!!!

4) Jefe is ALWAYS looking for new members to the red-bikini team :pimp:

5) Kids love Jefe!

6) Karaoke is a GREAT way to keep kids entertained :D

7) Friends in Low Places ISN'T always sung when the Karaoke machine is out.

8) Where did that stop sign go?? WAS there even a stop sign??

9) HURRICANE!

10) Sometimes appetizers can replace full meals - The ribs turned out great, but many people were too full from the eggrolls to enjoy 'em.

11) You can't go wrong with a cheese platter ;)

12) My neighbors are pretty darned cool,..... they didn't call the cops :shades:

13) Even though the hot-tub is at 100f, when it's midnight, and the temp is in the 50's with a 20mph breeze, it's COLD when you get out :eek:

14) marketing - you can market everything - "Ho-Made BBQ Sauce" :confused::kingme:

15) There are many hours in a day, and many days in a year, but in the end, we can never spend enough time, or share enough laughs with those we are close too, I just hope to share any time I get the chance.

Again, thanks everyone for coming to the party, I really enjoyed it, and hope that I can spend more time with everyone this coming up year.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Hell of a party, but as always, to short on time to spend with great friends. Thanks for having us up, we enjoyed every second!!!!

Have you found the cat yet?

Scott, Heidi, and Jim's new best buddy :D :D :D
Any time! Thanks for coming, the coffee is outstanding :yes: as were the deserts ;)

lol,... I forgot about the "cat issue" lol. As suspected, she was hiding under one of the kids beds up stairs,..... silly cat :shades:

Take care, I'll catch 'ya later

Wayne

Team Jefe
12-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Finally up to catch my breath after Monday:boggled:

I too had a GREAT time. Wayne and Carrie are wonderful hosts, and treated me like family (better than my own family) from the word go. And their home is amazing...it keeps going on and on and on forever....I actually got lost twice and had to call for directions.

Plus I had 4 ladies-in-waiting to take care of my every need.....if we could only instantly add 20 years to their ages....Of course I might not be as welcomed then:kingme:, but the Red Bikin Crew would have some nice additions.

I still contend my cooking is good becasue "YOU" didn't have to cook it, but I'm gald everyone ate it anyway and strokes my ego about how good it is. The Smoked Oyster Eggrolls were pretty fabulous....and yes they are somewhat of an aquirred taste.

And don't let Wayne or Carrie fool you, I did a small part of the cooking, they did the majority and it was all great....I made a fool outta myself eating so much.

It was great to see everyone and meet a few new friends. Sub & Fuzzy are correct (as usual) there is never enough time with such great friends....but I guess that's what keeps us coming back for more.

So, the things I learned:
1. SWA stewardesses will kiss you...you just gotta ask nice.
2. I now know how "Hef" feeling living in the Mansion.....Well Sorta
3. Having a screened in pool attached to the house is VERY Cool
4. Wayne is about as talented a person as I've met....his relaxation hobbies are far beyond my abilities.
5. Poodle has way too much time to think about Superchargers
6. Carrie & Heidi are Angels for putting up with it all (as are most Donzi Girls)
7. Officer, I swear I never saw any stop sign!?!?!
8. Hurricanes can do more than destroy...certain kinds can make people laugh uncontrolablly.
9. Born in 1968, you gotta Karaoke "A Pirate Looks at 40" every chance you have.
10. NEVER Fly outta Orlando on Sunday....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.
and
11. FLA Folks are alot like Texans....I have not met one yet I didn't like, thank all a y'all for such a great time.

Co-Founding member of "The Brotherhood of the Pancreatites"

txtaz
12-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Jenn and I had a great time. We are very sorry we were short on time and would had like to have stayed longer. I had promised Jenn shopping at the Outlet Malls in Orlando all week and I was too busy to get there so it came down to the night before we left and then I had to go back into the office for one last fix.

Jefe is right, I have yet to meet a Floridian I did not like. Their hospitality and kindness equals Texans.

I'm sorry we missed the karaoke, seeing Jefe sing would have been a riot AND then he would have made me sing...YIKES!!!:bonk:

Thanks again Wayne and Carrie for hosting a greta party. The food was awesome.

Da Taz<---Other co-founder "The Brotherhood of the Pancreatites"...In pain we serve.

BUIZILLA
12-16-2008, 08:59 AM
sorry I didn't make it.... *someone* told me on Thursday they weren't sure they were going, but would let me know... same said *mutt* takes another mutt instead, and tells everyone it's me, or mine, or something...

can't get no respect I tell ya :boggled:

gcarter
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Yep, it was well worth the five hour round trip down there from Leesburg to celebrate Wayne's graduation.
It was good to se Jefe again, it had been since Sarasota three years ago.
Wayne's family is outstanding. How they keep up with all the members is truly amazing.
There's no doubt God knew what He was doing when He had young people have kids and not folks my age.

bobwpe
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Wayne and Carrie are certainly excellent hosts. How they manage to do it with such large family is amazing, but they do it and they do it quite well.

It was great to have the chance to sample the world famous Jefe cuisine which lives up to it's reputation not because "I didn't have to cook it" but because he really knows what he is doing. A little backup from Wayne on grill didn't hurt either.:wink:

It was a nice opportunity to meet some really fine people. What the Texan's say about Floridians goes back double to them.

Thanks Wayne and Carrie for a great time.

Bob