PDA

View Full Version : Legend "Sweet 16"

Hoosier_Guy
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new to this site and am here because I've recently decided to get back into boating and have fallen in love with Donzi's - specifically the 16C. Does anyone know anything about these Donzi "clones" made by Legend Boats? Thanks, Hoosier_Guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=170269878477&_trksid=p3907.m32

Donzi Vol
10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the board! I'm certain that you'll enjoy this site as we all do. As for the mentioned 16' boat, I don't know anything about them personally, but when it comes down to it, why buy a "clone" when you can buy the real thing? Check out the "Donzi's for Sale" section. There are several great boats listed.

All the best,
David

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I Do Know about it, I worked at Legend when we Made the mold for it, I personally cut the wrap around seat out of the starboard side and put it on the port side. We sold the first one to Dick Genths Neighbor (when genth worked for donzi) They are exactly a modern 16 Donzi, Even Rigged by Luis Martinez, a former Donzi Rigger. When Legend went out of buisness I believe donzi got the 16' molds. Great little boat. after the 16 we made molds for the 27 Magnum I don't know where they went.

Donziweasel
10-09-2008, 09:35 AM
why buy a "clone" when you can buy the real thing?

I agree 100%. The Legend might be a great boat or it could be a cheap copy. With the real thing, you know what you are getting, plus it is a real Donzi.

here's a nice one for sale-

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54066

Oh yeah, it's mine.

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I agree 100%. The Legend might be a great boat or it could be a cheap copy. With the real thing, you know what you are getting, plus it is a real Donzi.

here's a nice one for sale-

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54066

Oh yeah, it's mine.

It's not a cheap copy, It's made with all the same quality materials as a Donzi (from the same vendors), Just not as mass produced as a donzi. The Plant manager was from donzi, the salesman was from donzi, The rigger was from donzi, it's basicly a donzi made in a different plant, The Legend name is from Don Aronow "The Legend" They only made replicas of Don's Boats. Oh, We had Ben Kramers Secretary (for some Apache Heritage)

John, Not trying to kill your sale, just giving info on the boat.

Hoosier_Guy
10-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the great infomation. Though this is my first post I have been doing alot of reading since joining and am very impressed with this site - knowledgable people who share a common passion(without the bashing you see on other sites). Of course my first choice would be a Donzi but i saw this one and it seems like a nice unit at a good price and according to CrewCab they're built well. Not sure about the V6 only as I've never heard the 4.3 w/thru hull and don't know how it would sound(obviously not as good as SB or BB V8!!). If anyone has first-hand info on that or even better have audio or video files of the 4.3 running please let me know!!

Donziweasel - I have seen your boat on this site and ebay and love it, it's just that the cost of shipping(or picking it up) is crazy(as you know!!).

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Hoosier Guy, Welcome (to your new addiction) The V-6's are no slouch, that boat will run mid to high 50's if not 60mph, they do have a different sound than the V-8, some people on this site have some 16 Donzis that really haul the Mail, Heck, one guy says his goes 89mph, yet to be proven, (or believed till there's some proof) His cajones must take up the whole front ski rack. I'm sure someone here has the audio your wanting..

cutwater
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh, We had Ben Kramers Secrectary (for some Apache Heritage)

Now you've got all the bases covered :biggrin.:

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Now you've got all the bases covered :biggrin.:

She was Smokin Hot......And Friendly

chappy
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
She was Smokin Hot......And Friendly

PLEASE define friendly.:smileybo:

BUIZILLA
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
His cajones must take up the whole front ski rack. now there's a new tag line... :biggrin.:

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
PLEASE define friendly.:smileybo:

She had a Beautiful Body and wasn't affraid to use it. She was especially good to have around on long trips in the car:party:, we went to keywest for the races a few times, Ahhh the good ol days....Damnit I think I still owe her some cash for the room in keywest 20+ years ago.

raa711
10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I bought a 1996 "16" with 4.3 liter power two years ago. Sold my beloved 22 Apache to buy it. No regrets. Best boat I've owned. Go buy the real thing. I gotta believe there are plenty of deals to be made this time of year.

p.s. will the guy that says his 16 will do close to 90 mph please post your secrets.

mphatc
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a 16 for sale in NH, just taken in trade by a friend of mine. Post me direct or PM . I'll get you his contact information

Mario L.

BlownCrewCab
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Angel, err, I mean, "Pixie" dust....

More Like Crack:rolleyes: