PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Donzi 22ZX

Boiler56
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Thought I'd start putting my bot out there early, I'm hoping to move up to something in the 27' to 29' range in the spring.

It's a '97 22ZX with a 454 magnum with a Bravo 1. Has a 2005 twin axle galvenized trailer. I bought the boat last August, I beleive I am the third owner. The guy I bought it from did not give it the TLC that a Donzi deserves. I have spent a lot of time replacing and upgrading, thanks to those of you on here who have offered expert advice along the way.

List of replacements:
Gimbal bearing, shift cable, raw water intake hose, bellows, shift boot, replaced all seals in hydraulic lifting arms for the outdrive, Raw water pump, water circulating pump, fuel pump, put GLM aluminum manifolds & risers on, new stock carbureator, spark plugs, wires, distributor, all three belts, coil, both batteries, new CD/MP3 player, has 2 12-inch subwoofers in a custom box that fits in the cuddy. Had the entire vinyl interior replaced.

Has a 4 blade prop (thanks Big Grizz) and a 3 blade that needs some tuning. I have a full morring cover, no c*^%pit cover. Has silent choice, but one of the solenoids needs to be replaced. Being quiet has not been a priority for me. I have priced it and it would cost appoximately $300 for a complete replacement from manufacturer. Water pressure speedo stops working at 50, so I disconnected the tubing. Probably needs a new tube run from the outdrive.

Boat runs great, I have seen an honest 63.5 mph on the GPS. Would probably get a to 65 with a better 3 blade prop. Has good compression and all valves look ok.

Asking $23,000 but will consider all offers. I'm in Jacksonville, FL, happy to show the boat just about any weekend. Please feel free to call me with questions, 904-625-6820, or shoot me an email: turnmatt@gmail.com

Boiler56
10-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Bringing my asking price down to $15,500.
I've had a few opportunities to move up to the next boat recently, but don't want to be a two boat owner right now.

Please let me know if you would like to see more pictures or have any questions.