PDA

View Full Version : Twin Vee going out of business(?)

onesubdrvr
10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I was just by Twin Vee powercats today, and saw a big sign out front (of the manufacturing plant), "Boat and Marine Parts Liquidation".

A lot of boat manufacturers are hurting, Mavrik (Hughes, Pathfinder and Century) boat just laid off 150 (or so) people in Fort Pierce, and this may be another casualty, but perhaps a place to pick up a good deal too. I see they use primarily Yammies.

If anyone is looking for anything, I plan on swinging by on the 10th to see what's happening.

They are located on US-1, Just South of Okeechobee Rd. in Fort Pierce, I imagine they'll have all sorts of stuff going, whether they are going out of business, or just going to produce certain hulls, again, may be a chance to get a good deal on something.

Wayne

Team Jefe
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Wayne, I hav e been looking for a bolstered seat/leaning post with an integrated live well to replace the one on the Revenge, if they have anything like that take a few pics and let me know.....long shot, but worth a look. Thanks

onesubdrvr
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Wayne, I hav e been looking for a bolstered seat/leaning post with an integrated live well to replace the one on the Revenge, if they have anything like that take a few pics and let me know.....long shot, but worth a look. Thanks
No problem :biggrin:,...

Shoot me an e-mail, or PM me with a quick way to get a hold of you and get you some pictures of it if so you can see it (as it's only the 10th and 11th). Also, marine liquidators is up here, I'll swing by there as well and have a look see, they've got a bunch of stuff like that, I like to just stop in there anyway ;)

If I find something you like, I'll pick it up and keep it here until my grad party on Dec 13th :party::biggrin.:

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-08-2008, 06:03 AM
W, auction or just a sale open to the public?

I did notice they looked closed when I was up there a few weeks back...
It looks to just be a sale open to the public, but I'll try to verify today,

The sign was almost like a store-front big banner add.

Did you guys know that they and Thriller Powerboats are VERY close?

Wayne

Team Jefe
10-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Wayne - thanks for looking. Like I said this is a Long shot, but I have attached a few pics of things I found interesting on the net. Chril Allard and I spoke of this a few years ago in 'sota, but I have found that most of these items are VERY expensive and it was just not worth it to me to make the upgrade...plus with Donzi's having live wells at the transom now, the ones Chris uses won't work.

As bad As I hate to say it, the one I have seen that I like the best are on Baja Fish boats...I know, but I found a few pics of those on the net at well, I like them becasue they are squared off in the back and ahve an intergral fighting chair on the backside....really cool unit.

So, I'm looking for the deal of the century here. if they have these and are anywhere near retail price I'll have to pass. Just buzz me 713-825-2443. Thanks again

Team Jefe
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
To clarify the pics above. #1 is the type seating I am looking for, the nest two are to show configurations I have found with intregral live wells. The Baja seats in the last two pics show the backside...the front is racing bolster like the new Donzi Fish Boats have.

VetteLT193
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.twinvee.com/

Check the web site, looks like they are still in Biz but are doing a factory blow out.

onesubdrvr
10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
OK,

I saw my contact there (Maintenance guy), they are in fact not going out of business, BUT,

They have gone from 146 people on the construction floor to 6, and they are only building boats to order at this point.

They have quite a few boats that deposits were made on then cancelled, those will be for sale,... their extra "stuff" motors, baitwells, etc. that are not waiting to go on a boat will be sold, lights, pretty much everything needed to build and / or rig a boat.

Prices - well, that is TBD, but I've been told that thing are going to go cheap.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
To clarify the pics above. #1 is the type seating I am looking for, the nest two are to show configurations I have found with intregral live wells. The Baja seats in the last two pics show the backside...the front is racing bolster like the new Donzi Fish Boats have.
Jefe,...

Saw this today at Marine Connection,...

Little pricey, and it's from a Boston Whaler ;) but we're getting close lol

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Ooops, I said the 10th and 11th, but the dates are the 11th and 12th (this Saturday and Sunday)

Wayne

Team Jefe
10-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah, very close. The main issue is Racing type bolsters with an intregral live well.....a Very long shot since most of those are "bench seat" type applications. I already have that